Corinthians

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 10, 2021
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

akaBeliever

Sep 22, 2021
Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.
This reminds me of a proverb:

He who walks with wise men will be wise, But the companion of fools will be destroyed.

- Proverbs 13:20 (NKJV)

Reading the Bible can be like walking with wise men. :)

GRACE_ambassador

Feb 22, 2021
Midwest
Reading the Bible can be like walking with wise men.
So, would "studying" The {KJV} Bible, Rightly Divided, Be like
"walking In The Spirit, Approved Unto God"? Or, walking With God?:

"Study to thyself Approved Unto God, a workman that needeth not
to be ashamed, Rightly Dividing The Word Of Truth!" (2 Timothy 2:15)

akaBeliever

Sep 22, 2021
So, would "studying" The {KJV} Bible, Rightly Divided, Be like
"walking In The Spirit, Approved Unto God"? Or, walking With God?:

"Study to thyself Approved Unto God, a workman that needeth not
to be ashamed, Rightly Dividing The Word Of Truth!" (2 Timothy 2:15)
Hi, @GRACE_ambassador … The Bible is the most beautiful book I have ever read. No matter how many times I have read it, no matter how often I have studied a particular topic or book of the Bible, something new has always been revealed to me. There is more wisdom in it than I can ever possibly hope to absorb, but I have learned enough about God’s plan for mankind to have at least an inkling of how much He loves me. As long as I have breath, I will continue reading, studying, and learning. I truly believe that He has revealed in scripture everything I need to know for LIFE (both in this age and the age to come) and godliness. When I confessed my faith in Christ, I was sealed with the Spirit unto salvation—yes. He is my helper along the path I choose to walk.
walking in the Spirit IS walking with God. Father, Son, and Spirit are One—and believers in Christ are one with the Father.

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

- Micah 6:8 (KJV)

Mofastus

May 23, 2019
James 3:10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be.

James 3:11 Doth a fountain send forth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

James 3:12 Can the fig tree, my brethren, bear olive berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountain both yield salt water and fresh.

Ephesians 4:29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

1 Peter 3:10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:

Ecclesiastes 5:2 Be not rash with thy mouth, and let not thine heart be hasty to utter any thing before God: for God is in heaven, and thou upon earth: therefore let thy words be few.

Psalms 19:14 Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer.

Colossians 4:6 Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

in association with 1 Corinthians 15:33 and as it says in next verse.

1 Corinthians 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

and not to forget:

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

1 Corinthians 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

James 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.

:)

akaBeliever

Sep 22, 2021
Do not be deceived: "Evil company corrupts good habits."

- 1 Corinthians 15:33 (NKJV)

1 Corinthians 15:34 Awake to righteousness, and sin not; for some have not the knowledge of God: I speak this to your shame.

and not to forget:

2 Corinthians 1:24 Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.

1 Corinthians 10:32 Give none offence, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God:

James 3:17 But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy.

James 3:18 And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
Hi, @Mofastus…. Thanks for posting these scriptures. The church at Corinth struggled with the effects of “evil company“ in their midst, just as we can today if we choose fools for companions, fail to test what we hear against scripture, or allow our focus to stray from Christ. Deception crept into the Corinthian church, yet Paul continued to display the fruit of righteousness, never giving up on them, patiently explaining the gospel message over and over—using the same “wisdom that is from above” described by James. We need the same display of faith and godly patience with each other.