Coronavirus can spread much farther than 6 feet in the air - AMA

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Aug 10, 2019
Canada
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...-might-stop-spread-through-coughs/5086553002/

I'm going Full Tinfoil Hat now....

Coronavirus is a very targeted disease....it is NOT politically correct, it does not treat everyone who comes into contact with it equally. For the elderly and those with compromised health from a whole host of conditions like: Diabetes, Cancer, Cardiovascular and Kidney Diseases...hypertension etc. Think of any disease of the heart and/or lungs and chances are one's risk of mortal consequences climbs exponentially versus for those who are younger and otherwise healthy.

So when all is said and done, and Covid-19 has worked its way through the population....the world is going to be younger and healthier. Anyone ever hear tell of Eugenics?

And now the AMA is saying that water droplets from even simple respiration can travel more than 4x further than the heretofore recommended social distancing advice of six feet. Am I supposed to believe they only just learned this recently? Given that Coronavirus is not the first airborne infectious disease that is too hard to swallow.

So we've got the illusion that something is being done....and conceivably the lock down measures and social distancing rules should slow the spread somewhat, but I can't see it stopping it. Maybe just slow it down enough to allow the health care systems to keep from collapsing, but not enough to eradicate it and save lives over the long term.

Some sharp cookies here....engage your critical thinking and share your thoughts please.

Keep safe, keep well and God Bless. And if you're at heightened risk, please wear a mask given this news.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
It is probable that people with masks do not have the kind that is going to protect them from anyone in their vicinity who may be a carrier, but masks do protect others from the wearer by impeding spread through oral transmission.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
https://www.usatoday.com/in-depth/n...-might-stop-spread-through-coughs/5086553002/

Coronavirus is a very targeted disease....it is NOT politically correct, it does not treat everyone who comes into contact with it equally. For the elderly and those with compromised health from a whole host of conditions like: Diabetes, Cancer, Cardiovascular and Kidney Diseases...hypertension etc. Think of any disease of the heart and/or lungs and chances are one's risk of mortal consequences climbs exponentially versus for those who are younger and otherwise healthy.

So when all is said and done, and Covid-19 has worked its way through the population....the world is going to be younger and healthier. Anyone ever hear tell of Eugenics?

And now the AMA is saying that water droplets from even simple respiration can travel more than 4x further than the heretofore recommended social distancing advice of six feet. Am I supposed to believe they only just learned this recently? Given that Coronavirus is not the first airborne infectious disease that is too hard to swallow.

So we've got the illusion that something is being done....and conceivably the lock down measures and social distancing rules should slow the spread somewhat, but I can't see it stopping it. Maybe just slow it down enough to allow the health care systems to keep from collapsing, but not enough to eradicate it and save lives over the long term.

Some sharp cookies here....engage your critical thinking and share your thoughts please.

Keep safe, keep well and God Bless. And if you're at heightened risk, please wear a mask given this news.
I suppose, nobody claimes that the Corona virus can be defeatet and erased. The thing in deed is to hold it down, so that the hospitals (the health system) can manage it. In Europa we face both. In Italy and Spain it collapsed in some aereas. And we see that the distance helps in spreading it in austria and our Country. The Goal is to avoid victims mostly unser the old age people.
An challenge this world never saw before.

Jun 10, 2019
I suppose, nobody claimes that the Corona virus can be defeatet and erased. The thing in deed is to hold it down, so that the hospitals (the health system) can manage it. In Europa we face both. In Italy and Spain it collapsed in some aereas. And we see that the distance helps in spreading it in austria and our Country. The Goal is to avoid victims mostly unser the old age people.
It is a challenge the world has seen before and probably will again, the difference is science has developed more since the Black Plague or yellow fever or 1918 war flu. But this virus could be the 5th roaming virus that hasn’t been eradicated there are currently 4 that have been roaming for quite some time. the hopes of that not happening are all but gone.

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
During the 2016/2017 flu season Italy recorded 24,980 deaths from influenza....I imagine things were bad then as well...of course we never had reporting lke we're seeing now for the hum drum boring old flu, no matter how bad a season was.

What country are you in if I may ask....français c ma 2e langue

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016

https://globalnews.ca/news/6704349/us-cdc-report-coronavirus-hospitalized-younger-adults/

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
During the 2016/2017 flu season Italy recorded 24,980 deaths from influenza....I imagine things were bad then as well...of course we never had reporting lke we're seeing now for the hum drum boring old flu, no matter how bad a season was.

What country are you in if I may ask....français c ma 2e langue
I come from old germany. Influenza, without doubt is different.

wolfwint

Feb 15, 2014
It is a challenge the world has seen before and probably will again, the difference is science has developed more since the Black Plague or yellow fever or 1918 war flu. But this virus could be the 5th roaming virus that hasn’t been eradicated there are currently 4 that have been roaming for quite some time. the hopes of that not happening are all but gone.
You are right, i first should have make some research :)

Aug 10, 2019
Canada

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
I really wish the reporting was more precise....what I wonder, is with those who are younger...say 20 to 50 years of age who are experiencing more acute symptoms that require medical attention.....are they otherwise healthy??? Diabetes affects over 2 million Canadians....and it is said to increase the chances of covid-19 being more serious.
I also read an article that high blood pressure medication can make you more vulnerable. I am going to ask my pharmacist as I have a few friends on different b.p. Meds