Coronavirus

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
The keeping away hands away from face is something Im finding hard to do when nose starts itching, or im rubbing my eyes etc.
How do you stop yourself?! Im washing hands a lot more often...although I generally eat most food with chopsticks or knife and fork not hands...or use a serviette.

Didymous

Feb 22, 2018
We are living in scary times, this Coronavirus is crazy it's causing the wo
We are living in scary times, this Coronavirus is crazy it's causing the world to change like never before. It's time to be serious and do everything that we can to stay safe. This is A world crisis see it for what it is. Stay in prayer and follow the laws of the land to help prevent the spread of this horrible thing.
rld to change like never before. It's time to be serious and do everything that we can to stay safe. This is A world crisis see it for what it is. Stay in prayer and follow the laws of the land to help prevent the spread of this horrible thing.[/QUOTE

We are not of the world, neither should we fear the things of the world. For poor people, it's SSDD.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
IMO, people are freaking out wayyy too much over this virus. Panic buying, hoarding, self-isolation, mass hysteria.
Here's what people should be aware of as noted in this excellent article:

Deadlier than COVID-19: Trump Derangement Syndrome
By Scott Lively
Published March 23, 2020 at 7:14pm

Every politically conscious person in America still capable of honesty must admit that the media response to the coronavirus pandemic would be far, far different under Barack Obama than it has been under Donald Trump. That's not conjecture, because we saw a nearly identical scenario play out with our own eyes during the H1N1 swine flu pandemic of 2009.

For example, on April 29, 2009, CNN painted the public risk as vanishingly small: "An outbreak of swine flu that is suspected in more than 150 deaths in Mexico and has sickened dozens in the U.S. and elsewhere has grabbed the attention of a nervous public, and medical officials worried the strain will continue to spread. … But even if there are swine-flu deaths outside Mexico, the virus would have a long way to go to match the 36,000 seasonal flu deaths in the U.S. each year."

Wow – night and day – compared to their present faux-hysteria!

Interestingly, the media did not go after Trump during the 2017-2018 winter flu season, when CNN matter-of-factly cited the Centers for Disease Control that it had been the worst in more than four decades, hospitalizing 900,000 people and killing 80,000.

But that was during the height of the Russian collusion hoax, when they thought they had Trump on the ropes and were pressing in for the knock-out punch. They weren't going to risk any other news story pushing Russian collusion out of the headlines or give Trump a platform for showing unifying leadership in a national crisis.

It's also significant that none of the liberal media are even citing the 2017/18 numbers in contrast to the current pandemic: 80,000 deaths out of 900,000 hospitalizations (both CDC approximations), which is a huge percentage – 8.9% – and a higher lethality than coronavirus in the U.S., which has actually been dropping.

But this is a whole new playing field. Trump emerged from the Russian collusion hoax, then the impeachment scam, stronger than ever, and so the global elites have resorted to the extreme remedy of burning down the world economy – what I have called "Globalist Chemotherapy" – hoping to kill the "Trump Cancer" without killing themselves.

Meanwhile, as of Monday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Senate Democratic leadership are actively obstructing a trillion*dollar coronavirus bailout that under any other circumstances they would be cutting off their own limbs to get Republican support for.

What could possibly be wrong with the minds of all these people? The obvious answer is Trump Derangement Syndrome – a label coined as a joke that stopped being funny a long time ago and started looking like a real and very scary disease of the mind, characterized by a seething, frenzied malice that blinds the infected to reason and rationality.

As King Theoden proclaimed (in the movie "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers") of the vast and vicious Ork army besieging his stronghold at Helm's Deep, "What can men do against such reckless hate?" Indeed.

I have contended from the beginning – starting Jan. 31 to be precise – that this very real pandemic has been orchestrated by the globalists to tank the Trump economy, kill the nationalist/populist revolution around the world and usher in police-state controls under the cover of a medical emergency.

Most recently, I argued that the total lockdown strategy by California and New York, followed immediately by Illinois and Massachusetts (the four deepest blue states) were a deliberate overreaction to create a stampede of state governors into lockdown mode and pressure Trump to do the same nationally. (The latter is not happening as yet, thankfully.) I suggested the purpose was to kill American small businesses, which are the backbone of the conservative movement and along with the institution of the family the dual source of American self-sufficiency and independence.

I highlighted the obvious political motive by pointing out that abortion clinics and marijuana dispensaries – heavily patronized by their most loyal Democrat constituents – were exempted from the lockdown, which logically would increasing their risk of infection and death if the panic-mongering projections were true, rather than cynical propaganda.

This morning, the Holy Spirit prompted me, with a clear internal voice, to look into the suicide rate of those driven to hopelessness by the fear-mongering and consequent disastrous financial fallout of the lockdowns. That spiritual unction was vindicated as soon as I searched the topic, finding a story titled" Chillingly, Scariest Coronavirus Death Toll May Not Come from COVID-19," documenting the high correlation of suicide with job loss.

The correlation was also noted in an otherwise very hopeful article featuring a Stanford biophysicist (and Nobel laureate) predicting a quick end to the pandemic based on proven stats from China.

So in a very real sense, Trump Derangement Syndrome, might very well kill far more people through suicide than the coronavirus does. But even if it doesn't, the damage they've done to this country through deliberate exaggeration and fear-mongering will be lasting and painful for this nation.

There's a silver lining to the present disaster, however. I've always believed Donald Trump will win reelection handily, but now I believe it will be an absolute rout, because once the actual hard numbers on the pandemic replace the wild projections and media spin, the American people, standing in the economic ruins of their communities, are going to be very angry at the lefties. Trump has already won the political battle over the pandemic with high public approval numbers. By November, he's going to be utterly unbeatable.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/deadlier-covid-19-trump-derangement-syndrome/

Lafftur

Apr 18, 2017
I’m just thankful my husband finally came home with toilet paper for the whole family!! Lol! :giggle:

Billyd

May 8, 2014
I’m just thankful my husband finally came home with toilet paper for the whole family!! Lol! :giggle:
I haven't read the book, but Amazon has a mini book entitled "HOMEMADE TOILET PAPER: Easy steps to make your toilet paper and homemade alternatives to toilet paper".

Wayne_Gearing

Mar 6, 2020
Politics again?
I haven't read the book, but Amazon has a mini book entitled "HOMEMADE TOILET PAPER: Easy steps to make your toilet paper and homemade alternatives to toilet paper".
I have some socks that I no longer wear.... At least I have a backup plan

E

EleventhHour

Here's what people should be aware of as noted in this excellent article:

Deadlier than COVID-19: Trump Derangement Syndrome
By Scott Lively
Published March 23, 2020 at 7:14pm

Every politically conscious person in America still capable of honesty must admit that the media response to the coronavirus pandemic would be far, far different under Barack Obama than it has been under Donald Trump. That's not conjecture, because we saw a nearly identical scenario play out with our own eyes during the H1N1 swine flu pandemic of 2009.

For example, on April 29, 2009, CNN painted the public risk as vanishingly small: "An outbreak of swine flu that is suspected in more than 150 deaths in Mexico and has sickened dozens in the U.S. and elsewhere has grabbed the attention of a nervous public, and medical officials worried the strain will continue to spread. … But even if there are swine-flu deaths outside Mexico, the virus would have a long way to go to match the 36,000 seasonal flu deaths in the U.S. each year."

Wow – night and day – compared to their present faux-hysteria!

Interestingly, the media did not go after Trump during the 2017-2018 winter flu season, when CNN matter-of-factly cited the Centers for Disease Control that it had been the worst in more than four decades, hospitalizing 900,000 people and killing 80,000.

But that was during the height of the Russian collusion hoax, when they thought they had Trump on the ropes and were pressing in for the knock-out punch. They weren't going to risk any other news story pushing Russian collusion out of the headlines or give Trump a platform for showing unifying leadership in a national crisis.

It's also significant that none of the liberal media are even citing the 2017/18 numbers in contrast to the current pandemic: 80,000 deaths out of 900,000 hospitalizations (both CDC approximations), which is a huge percentage – 8.9% – and a higher lethality than coronavirus in the U.S., which has actually been dropping.

But this is a whole new playing field. Trump emerged from the Russian collusion hoax, then the impeachment scam, stronger than ever, and so the global elites have resorted to the extreme remedy of burning down the world economy – what I have called "Globalist Chemotherapy" – hoping to kill the "Trump Cancer" without killing themselves.

Meanwhile, as of Monday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Senate Democratic leadership are actively obstructing a trillion*dollar coronavirus bailout that under any other circumstances they would be cutting off their own limbs to get Republican support for.

What could possibly be wrong with the minds of all these people? The obvious answer is Trump Derangement Syndrome – a label coined as a joke that stopped being funny a long time ago and started looking like a real and very scary disease of the mind, characterized by a seething, frenzied malice that blinds the infected to reason and rationality.

As King Theoden proclaimed (in the movie "Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers") of the vast and vicious Ork army besieging his stronghold at Helm's Deep, "What can men do against such reckless hate?" Indeed.

I have contended from the beginning – starting Jan. 31 to be precise – that this very real pandemic has been orchestrated by the globalists to tank the Trump economy, kill the nationalist/populist revolution around the world and usher in police-state controls under the cover of a medical emergency.

Most recently, I argued that the total lockdown strategy by California and New York, followed immediately by Illinois and Massachusetts (the four deepest blue states) were a deliberate overreaction to create a stampede of state governors into lockdown mode and pressure Trump to do the same nationally. (The latter is not happening as yet, thankfully.) I suggested the purpose was to kill American small businesses, which are the backbone of the conservative movement and along with the institution of the family the dual source of American self-sufficiency and independence.

I highlighted the obvious political motive by pointing out that abortion clinics and marijuana dispensaries – heavily patronized by their most loyal Democrat constituents – were exempted from the lockdown, which logically would increasing their risk of infection and death if the panic-mongering projections were true, rather than cynical propaganda.

This morning, the Holy Spirit prompted me, with a clear internal voice, to look into the suicide rate of those driven to hopelessness by the fear-mongering and consequent disastrous financial fallout of the lockdowns. That spiritual unction was vindicated as soon as I searched the topic, finding a story titled" Chillingly, Scariest Coronavirus Death Toll May Not Come from COVID-19," documenting the high correlation of suicide with job loss.

The correlation was also noted in an otherwise very hopeful article featuring a Stanford biophysicist (and Nobel laureate) predicting a quick end to the pandemic based on proven stats from China.

So in a very real sense, Trump Derangement Syndrome, might very well kill far more people through suicide than the coronavirus does. But even if it doesn't, the damage they've done to this country through deliberate exaggeration and fear-mongering will be lasting and painful for this nation.

There's a silver lining to the present disaster, however. I've always believed Donald Trump will win reelection handily, but now I believe it will be an absolute rout, because once the actual hard numbers on the pandemic replace the wild projections and media spin, the American people, standing in the economic ruins of their communities, are going to be very angry at the lefties. Trump has already won the political battle over the pandemic with high public approval numbers. By November, he's going to be utterly unbeatable.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/deadlier-covid-19-trump-derangement-syndrome/

You know facts would be much better appreciated rather than polemics.

So polemical it is laughable.

So not based on facts, numbers are not dropping.

What is it so hard to understand that this virus overlays the regular flu season... straining the system.

Flu season starts in October and ends generally in April and hospitals are stretched when it is a bad season.

With no containment and no mitigation efforts based on mathematical projections the virus will kill 1.7 to 2 million Americans
The flu is not steep exponential growth curve, this virus is.

The curve is going straight up....... is pretty easy to do an excel spreadsheet plug in the formula and verify the data.

https://publichealth.gsu.edu/research/coronavirus/

Again such reckless reporting that is why I stopped reading that web site years ago.
There is no silver lining

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Before wipes, we used a wash cloth on our baby's behinds. It'll work just fine on our own behind.

If everyone got behind that practice though, we may run into a laundry soap crisis. Maybe I'll have to write a mini book on how to make grandma's laundry soap.

Wayne_Gearing

Mar 6, 2020
Before wipes, we used a wash cloth on our baby's behinds. It'll work just fine on our own behind.

If everyone got behind that practice though, we may run into a laundry soap crisis. Maybe I'll have to write a mini book on how to make grandma's laundry soap.
Good idea

E

EleventhHour

Well it is BECAUSE OF Trump Derangement Syndrome that you ate NOT getting the facts. Did you consider that?
Actually that would be incorrect and something that is not based on any facts but rather presumptuous , but then what else can you come up with, you cannot dispute the data, unless you think this is world wide hoax involving every doctor, nurse, scientist, front line worker that lives.... .......now that is losing touch with reality.

I cross check and follow the data not the politicians

Very easy to do in this day and age.. except for numbers that come out of China and Iran, the models are consistent.

Wayne_Gearing

Mar 6, 2020
So then I guess the infected folk here aren't really sick, I'm not losing thousands in business, we aren't forced to close down with no idea when we are to reopen or how long we can float the business? I guess the dead people are just made up numbers (did anyone tell their families?)... No, this is all Trump's fault... (Sarcasm in case you didn't realise)

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
IMO, China is to blame.. They created this virus..

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
listen people this is serious.

I have a handbook on how to contain and prevent the virus, but if you would rather not have the facts, I will not post it here.

Doctors in China have been working round the clock on this and thank the Lord that they survived and wrote down the facts. My brother is atm in .sydney and in quarantine (he is a surgeon) as is everyone in New Zealand in lockdown as of midnight.

you absolutley have to say safe because nobody knows if they have immunity or not.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I will say this to you which is what the Lord gave me

Proverbs 28:9

look it up.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
We are living in scary times, this Coronavirus is crazy it's causing the world to change like never before. It's time to be serious and do everything that we can to stay safe. This is A world crisis see it for what it is. Stay in prayer and follow the laws of the land to help prevent the spread of this horrible thing.
I agree, this is the beginning of the end.