Cortana - Windows 10

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Hello all. Windows 10 has been on my PC since the inception of the OS, and it has been kept up-to-the-dayy.

I have never used Cortana, but now I am interested in just what uses are most likely to be of value for me.

Anyone, what do you know about this? Thanks and God bless you.

U

Ugly

I know you have to give Microsoft permission to collect even more information on you. Windows 10 is nothing more than an excuse for MS to track you and collect private information. And the more features you use the more permission you give them to collect your info.
From what I can tell it's nothing more than a search engine that tracks you both online and off.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I know you have to give Microsoft permission to collect even more information on you. Windows 10 is nothing more than an excuse for MS to track you and collect private information. And the more features you use the more permission you give them to collect your info.
From what I can tell it's nothing more than a search engine that tracks you both online and off.
There is not much they could possibly learn of me they do not already know. I am retired, living in Spain, and they have all my profile info from over the past , well since Windows 95.

As for using Cortana, I have used the grocery list, the Weather fetures and the alrm (once). Oh I looked into the caledar also..

Thank you for informing me of the risks, and dI hope those who stand to lose by not knowing your information suppleid learn from it........God bless you always....

U

Ugly

There is a lot they can learn. Even experts say W10 is the most intrusive Windows ever made and collects Way more info than any previous version.
And each time you use a new feature you're giving them new permissions on how to Use that information as well as collect it.
I do still use it too, though. Just not all the features. If I were more tech savvy I'd switch to Linux. But I'm not prepared for all the limitations in software either.