Could an easier solution for ex felons be at hand

  • Thread starter Thread starter Powemm
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
P

Powemm

Guest
What if ex felons in their community started banning together to find their own solutions.
One person Alone in this situation is difficult.. but what if that one United together with the thousands?
Let's say each one facing the impact of such a label as (ex felon) has something to offer.. a talent, skill?
I have been thinking of a way around all the red tape these people face day to day...
What if a table was set up.. one guy has a truck, another has a trailer, another a lawn mower, another a leaf blower etc... one guy may have one thing but not the rest.. start working with spare parts of what one does have and ban those parts together in an agreement to accomplish a greater victory than rejection... this could be done in so many areas of job related skills...
 
How would one go about getting the word out... meeting place to discuss ideas..not to mention fellowship that would alleviate aloneness and depression and start thinking of ways to bring hope and a second chance for people that god loves
 
There is a community development strategy called time sharing, this idea reminds me of it. However, to generate income, organizing the individuals and co-oping skills would be very interesting. The hustler has his business game on the flip side....
However, one may consider taking into account the possibility of personality disorders and the affect of this issue. Whilst, for instance, an anti social individual may be the most likely to succeed in business-related endeavors, they will lack basic human interpersonal abilities such as to empathize...therefore, there would need to be boundaries and safe guards in place when dealing with a population such as this.
 
AS far as getting the word out (marketing your idea), researching a business plan and creating the structure to fulfill it would be the first step, funding and budgeting the second, etc...
 
If I'm busy socializing I'm not busy working . If I'm busy working I'm not busy socializing.. if I'm busy talking I'm not busy listening.. if I'm busy listening I'm not busy talking... really looking at people and what they are doing is a huge indicator what gift they might have.. the body of christ has many parts.. one might not be busy being empathetic because he is busy protecting, one might be busy tearing down because he is not a building, one might be building because he isn't a demolitioner.. protecting (bodyguard) building (construction) listening (counselor) tearing down (demolition) etc. Organizing and constructing parts correctly based on their wiring is a key component to getting things done properly..you can put a demolition guy with a builder. Just doesn't work well..
Place several sheets of paper with different jobs and the components to get the job done on a table.. I'm talking down to details..like putting an engine together..let the masses come in and freedom given to be called to what they are made to do freely instead of telling them what they are going to do..might give more flexibility for them to choose and be lead to their talents than putting a bull in a China cabinet where a bull doesn't beling..
 
Not only would a system like this give whomever is looking for a door to walk through but the details are laid out as a foundation so all can see, pick, and choose .. freedom to see a calling .. freedom to see a wide variety of choices laid before them... I'm simply thinking out loud... if someone doesn't like being around people..okay.. there a dozens of jobs that don't require people contact.. all sorts of behind the scene detailers in every organization.
 
antisocial personality disorder is what I was referring to.... as in the cluster B personality disorders (DSM 4), or lose the clusters (DSM 5).

Also a business plan is an actual model that includes goals and objectives which could be referred to in to provide better structure. Furthermore, if there is need for funding, learning about grant writing would be useful.
 
Last edited:
I will read up on this thank you ").. I have been looking through grants.. there are several out there..
There is a church here in oklahoma that suggested creating a life group to get a ball Rolling..