Could I get a little help over here, please?!?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Hi. My name is EricaAnn. I am desperate for Christian fellowship, and I am so hoping that this unconventional approach to gathering in Jesus' name may be the answer to my silent prayers for authentic and lasting communion with Believers,, brothers and sisters in the LORD that I have yet to meet face to face.

Before you step up to your keyboard and respond by explaining to me how this online fellowship is not to be a substitute for face to face fellowship, let me say that I do have a home church that I attend regularly, although we are quite new to the area, having relocated only four months ago in August of 2018. And, as we all know, building relationships takes time. What does one do when schedules and geographical placement present very real obstacles to participating in Christian Fellowship? Well, this one prays, fidgets, resolves, searches, and rationalizes that said fellowship is not as critical as it truly is to a Believer's walk. Said rationalizations never end well. I know better, and here I am, again.

So, hello. I am currently in the middle of significant temptation and trial, that presently remains pertinent. I have been deluded, and now have fallen in a way that is similar to previous sins, although, I don't think in this most recent trial, that I gave myself fully over to what the enemy was prompting me to do. Praise GOD that even in my sin, He saves me from myself! "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Anyway, if you are so prompted, please pray for me, which sounds silly because you do not even know exactly how to pray. Most specifically, please pray that I recognize the promised "way of escape" and take it once and for all without looking back!

Blessings brothers and sisters in our Lord JESUS,

Erica
Washington State

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Methinks a good way to start fellowship is by Not putting words in peoples mouths.
My first thought was, in fact, not that you need face to face fellowship but rather there is nothing unconventional about online fellowship.
So to escape the rambling and presumptuous intro I'll skip ahead and say welcome, and be done.
Welcome.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi. My name is EricaAnn. I am desperate for Christian fellowship, and I am so hoping that this unconventional approach to gathering in Jesus' name may be the answer to my silent prayers for authentic and lasting communion with Believers,, brothers and sisters in the LORD that I have yet to meet face to face.

Before you step up to your keyboard and respond by explaining to me how this online fellowship is not to be a substitute for face to face fellowship, let me say that I do have a home church that I attend regularly, although we are quite new to the area, having relocated only four months ago in August of 2018. And, as we all know, building relationships takes time. What does one do when schedules and geographical placement present very real obstacles to participating in Christian Fellowship? Well, this one prays, fidgets, resolves, searches, and rationalizes that said fellowship is not as critical as it truly is to a Believer's walk. Said rationalizations never end well. I know better, and here I am, again.

So, hello. I am currently in the middle of significant temptation and trial, that presently remains pertinent. I have been deluded, and now have fallen in a way that is similar to previous sins, although, I don't think in this most recent trial, that I gave myself fully over to what the enemy was prompting me to do. Praise GOD that even in my sin, He saves me from myself! "While we were yet sinners, Christ died for us."

Anyway, if you are so prompted, please pray for me, which sounds silly because you do not even know exactly how to pray. Most specifically, please pray that I recognize the promised "way of escape" and take it once and for all without looking back!

Erica
Washington State
You are not alone in your experiences. Thank God I survived some of my escapades. I don't enjoy looking back on my goofing off times but what I can say is when I sincerely ask God for something He helps me. I have an online Pastor I really relate to, so to keep in with Christian fellowship, I go to Bible study and am an official volunteer staff member. You will b in my prayers and remember, God is faithful to forgive when we ask and repent. God bless you Erica.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Prayer for you, the Lord knows what you need.

Dec 28, 2018
Washington
You are not alone in your experiences. Thank God I survived some of my escapades. I don't enjoy looking back on my goofing off times but what I can say is when I sincerely ask God for something He helps me. I have an online Pastor I really relate to, so to keep in with Christian fellowship, I go to Bible study and am an official volunteer staff member. You will b in my prayers and remember, God is faithful to forgive when we ask and repent. God bless you Erica.
THANK YOU for your words of encouragement!

Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Methinks a good way to start fellowship is by Not putting words in peoples mouths.
My first thought was, in fact, not that you need face to face fellowship but rather there is nothing unconventional about online fellowship.
So to escape the rambling and presumptuous intro I'll skip ahead and say welcome, and be done.
Welcome.
Good point!

As for online fellowship, wouldn't you agree that it is a new and novel approach compared with the in-person fellowship that has been the practice since the first century until the advent of the internet? May I ask your general age? I am curious if you have ever known a world without the internet? Just curious. :)

Isny

Jan 15, 2017
Hello EricaAnn,
We are glad that you have joined us here at Christian Chat. There are some very caring people here who take the time to fellowship with others. Many of us can learn from you too. It's a two way street here and you have much to contribute.

Go to a forum such as Christian Family Forum and scroll through the threads to find one that interests you or you may want to start a thread yourself. You can also PM (personal message) someone which is more private by clicking on the name and selecting "start conversation".

EricaAnn, we wish you God's richest blessings and much happiness in the coming year. Smile, God loves you.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Good point!

As for online fellowship, wouldn't you agree that it is a new and novel approach compared with the in-person fellowship that has been the practice since the first century until the advent of the internet? May I ask your general age? I am curious if you have ever known a world without the internet? Just curious. :)
I am 43, so yes, I have known a world without internet. But i also know that utilizing the internet for fellowship is far from new. This site alone is nearly 20 years old.
I'm not really going to go back to the first century as a reference since I'm not that old. In context of modern times, which seems a more relevant standard, online socialization is pretty much normalized.
I have made friends and even relationships over the internet. I suspect the distinction is when one chooses to engage in this option. What may seem a new novelty to you, based off of your choices throughout your life, will seem old hat to others more engaged in technology.
I actually remember when it began being nearly impossible to get even starter jobs at Walmart unless you had some way to be online to fill out applications, and that was over 10 years ago.
I daresay I've made more friends online than in person, actually. (=

Silverwings

Jul 27, 2016

Erica
Washington State
Praise God, Erica, even though you feel tempted and tried, you are growing in Gods grace, I don't think in this most recent trial, that I gave myself fully over to what the enemy was prompting me to do. I bet you did not even realize your testimony in this?

I pray that you will indeed, recognize when God provides a way of escape for you, and that you will never ever look back...…...only forward. And that your longing for fellowship will be satisfied, both online and in person, Lord, please give her a real true friend, one that she can be open and honest with, one that is faithful and true, one that she can laugh with and be herself, that loves you like she does, in Jesus name, amen.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Welcome aboard CC Erica :)

And may the LORD help us all in our struggles..

danja

Nov 28, 2014
welcome Erica .I pray God will help you in your struggles <3 Happy New Year

Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Hello EricaAnn,
We are glad that you have joined us here at Christian Chat. There are some very caring people here who take the time to fellowship with others. Many of us can learn from you too. It's a two way street here and you have much to contribute.

Go to a forum such as Christian Family Forum and scroll through the threads to find one that interests you or you may want to start a thread yourself. You can also PM (personal message) someone which is more private by clicking on the name and selecting "start conversation".

EricaAnn, we wish you God's richest blessings and much happiness in the coming year. Smile, God loves you.

Thank you. I am encouraged and reassured to hear that genuine Christian fellowship can be found here! :)

Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Praise God, Erica, even though you feel tempted and tried, you are growing in Gods grace, I don't think in this most recent trial, that I gave myself fully over to what the enemy was prompting me to do. I bet you did not even realize your testimony in this?

I pray that you will indeed, recognize when God provides a way of escape for you, and that you will never ever look back...…...only forward. And that your longing for fellowship will be satisfied, both online and in person, Lord, please give her a real true friend, one that she can be open and honest with, one that is faithful and true, one that she can laugh with and be herself, that loves you like she does, in Jesus name, amen.
The LORD spoke to me through the words you took the time to share here; words of encouragement that I needed so, so, so much. Thank you, Silverwings. Thank you. -- EricaAnn

Dec 28, 2018
Washington
I am 43, so yes, I have known a world without internet. But i also know that utilizing the internet for fellowship is far from new. This site alone is nearly 20 years old.
I'm not really going to go back to the first century as a reference since I'm not that old. In context of modern times, which seems a more relevant standard, online socialization is pretty much normalized.
I have made friends and even relationships over the internet. I suspect the distinction is when one chooses to engage in this option. What may seem a new novelty to you, based off of your choices throughout your life, will seem old hat to others more engaged in technology.
I actually remember when it began being nearly impossible to get even starter jobs at Walmart unless you had some way to be online to fill out applications, and that was over 10 years ago.
I daresay I've made more friends online than in person, actually. (=
Your post makes me smile. Thank you for reminding me that there are many views from different perspectives. :)

Dec 28, 2018
Washington
Welcome aboard CC Erica :)

And may the LORD help us all in our struggles..
Thank you Adstar. Your post brought back a memory of a quote that I once read, or perhaps I heard it over the radio, by Elisabeth Elliot. For anyone who does not know, Elisabeth Elliot was the wife of martyred missionary Jim Elliot. The movie entitled "The End of the Spear" is about their story. She was also a prolific Christian writer and speaker. Her writings and radio program "Gateway to Joy" has influenced my Christian walk more than any other source, next to the Bible. Anyway, I remember her saying, "a whole lot of what we call struggling is simply delayed obedience." May the LORD make us willing to be willing to obey! :)

S

Sherril

Erica welcome to Christian Chat...love in Christ Sherril..:) 18033934_1340582266017352_8456406866331093447_n.jpg