Could the tribulation start this year?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
So I don't make threads often but when I do it is because I feel or believe something strongly and I personally think the tribulation could very well begin this year. For those of you who know I am a pretrib rapture believer and while I leave room for me being wrong and end up having to go through the tribulation I truly feel myself looking up more when I did my recent bible prophecy study.
And some of you may know as well I study biblical numerology as numbers are used all throughout the bible as if a hidden language and used precicely in each manner of which it is used I found a site on this subject a while back https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/21.html and it has so far been amazing in helping me understand and the number 21 and this year has been on my eyes for a while now because it does seem to symbolize great wickeness and rebellion and sin ehich if you look at things in the world right now the wickedness corruption and sin is by far worse than it has been in a good while.

My next thing is the number 22 which seems to represent great disorder and chaos and again the link is herehttps://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/22.html Also remember how Jesus said on the mount of olives how the generation will see all these things come to pass? what is a generation according to scripture? the bible says it is 70 years or by reason of strength 80 years, now pay attention to Israel and how it became a nation again in 1948 now lets add 80 years to that and what is it? 2028 what is 7 minus that? 2021 why does God begin the great tribulation to begin with? the great rebellion and sin of man.
This is only a little of my studies but I just felt God telling me to make this thread how it is recieved is in his hands
Also for those who have been worried I have not been online much I was put into an institute by family for the mentally disabled which I don't belong in but have nowhere to go and the internet here is very finicky plus I have been working a lot as well but God has been with me and speaking to me so I figure he must have me here for a reason

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Also I think we need to buckle down and study bible prophecy more deeply, it is unfolding before our very eyes but instead of encouraging each other bringing each other to deeper understanding seeking the truth hidden within the truth most believers do a casual study most believers are unaware exactly how impactful todays events are on the biblical timeline most lack that hunger for more that passion for understanding even I admit I was like this until I felt God calling me deeper recently and I want to encourage others to seek now not later because it is shocking

Instead of debates where are the conversations that encourage others to seek deeper? Instead of scholars and teachers where are the students? Where is the fire? Where is that thirst? where is the light that reveals all truths? Remember when you were first saved and your spirit was alive and excited to learn more? to become closer to God? Remember that fire that once illuminated our paths and hearts? Remember that spark and that love to just devour his wisdom and gain understanding?

We as a church have become as dry bones, we have fallen asleep content to the simple matters and merely debating instead of producing fruits in each others hearts instead of being that spark that ignights the flame in others that makes them hungry for God that makes them thirsty our words instead have no power they create nothing good in each others hearts we go day by day with the same arguments the same debates the same old threads and yet how many of these have done all of the above?

Wake up and become as a new believer excited and hungry before time runs out because had we paid attention had we seen the signs had we listened to the warnings in scripture we would have been on fire for God hungry and seeking the deeper things our hearts would leap with excitement they would be as a renewed lover back in that honey moon phase with God.

I pray that these words not only create that spark instill that hunger and thirst but bring us back to our first love to our first hearts before we became mature and wise in our own eyes not just for all who read this but for me as well

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I personally think the tribulation could very well begin this year.
The Tribulation cannot begin until the Antichrist is in full control. And the Antichrist cannot take full control until the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way. And when that happens the Church -- the Body of Christ -- is also taken out of the way.

But we are indeed very close the the revelation of the Antichrist. All government have become tyrannical and enemies of the citizens of their countries. They have robbed free people of all their freedoms through the COVID Scamdemic.

Feb 24, 2019
My approach is to focus on my own sanctification.

which means that i am trying the best i can to transform into a person who does what they can to meet their own basic needs and then once those needs are met does what they can to help others to meet their basic needs. Because this is love.

rather than trying to understand more and more and more, i would rather just try to live properly and love my neighbor as myself.

but, in answer to your question, i think its always safest to think that that "day and hour" could be..................... now!

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
The Tribulation cannot begin until the Antichrist is in full control. And the Antichrist cannot take full control until the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way. And when that happens the Church -- the Body of Christ -- is also taken out of the way.

But we are indeed very close the the revelation of the Antichrist. All government have become tyrannical and enemies of the citizens of their countries. They have robbed free people of all their freedoms through the COVID Scamdemic.
I have no doubt the antichrist is being set up the beast system is already being set in place the vaccine is a precurser to the mark the giant that they made can take on images reminding me of how they will worship the image of the beast already our freedoms are being stripped away if not the tribulation I hope at least the rapture will happen
Either way things are speeding up it isn't just a thing here and there anymore everything seems to be unfolding at a rapid pace now

Feb 24, 2019
I'm probably just about to talk some rubbish, so be warned!

I almost never read Revelation and know pretty much nothing about end times. Anyway...

Christ is love.

Love unites us and self-interest fragments us.

So the anti-Christ needs to fragment us into many billion individuals, instead of One community.

And so we are presented with so many choices that no 2 people can agree completely on what they think...
2 people might completely agree on everything except one says their favorite character in friends is Chandler whilst the other says Phoebe.
There shouldn't even be a TV show called "Friends"

If only we could all say, "We are all in the same boat, we all have found ourselves conscious not knowing why, we should all be grateful for it, and we should all be over-joyed with food and clothing" then we would be saved. And I think this is exactly what God has given to us in Jesus.

I hope, if nothing else, this might be food for thought.

Jan 31, 2021
So I don't make threads often but when I do it is because I feel or believe something strongly and I personally think the tribulation could very well begin this year. For those of you who know I am a pretrib rapture believer and while I leave room for me being wrong and end up having to go through the tribulation I truly feel myself looking up more when I did my recent bible prophecy study.
And some of you may know as well I study biblical numerology as numbers are used all throughout the bible as if a hidden language and used precicely in each manner of which it is used I found a site on this subject a while back https://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/21.html and it has so far been amazing in helping me understand and the number 21 and this year has been on my eyes for a while now because it does seem to symbolize great wickeness and rebellion and sin ehich if you look at things in the world right now the wickedness corruption and sin is by far worse than it has been in a good while.
I have a good friend who is pretrib and uses the number 21 to show that the rapture will be this year. I can't remember why the year 2000 is used as the basis for 2021 being the year of the rapture.

However, I am post trib, but regarding the trib, I believe that the trib could certainly begin this year. In fact, if the #21 is legit regarding these end times events, it could already have begun. Look at Rev 6 and the "4 horses of the apocalypse" and it seems easy to see all of them as being operational right now.

So, yes, it seems the Tribulation could begin this year, if not already.

Jan 31, 2021
The Tribulation cannot begin until the Antichrist is in full control.
Actually the Bible has 2 sets of judgments (seals and trumpets) BEFORE the a/c or Beast appears on the scene.

There are scholars who teach that the Trib is 7 years, with the first half covered up to ch 11, and the second half covered from ch 12-19. Of course there are other views as well. The a/c doesn't appear until ch 13 and v. 5 says he will "exercise his authority for fortytwo months" (3.5 yrs).

And the Antichrist cannot take full control until the Holy Spirit is taken out of the way.
This notion comes from 2 Thess 2. However, just think a moment: can the Holy Spirit really be "taken away". He is God, equal to the Father and Son. And He is omnipresent, so He cannot be "taken away". in fact, there will be intense evangelism during the tribulation, from the 144,000 (ch 7), the 2 olive trees (ch 11), and even angels (ch 14) who proclaim the eternal gospel while flying in midair (v.6). And the primary ministry of the Holy Spirit is conviction of sin (John 16).

So then, what will be "taken away" so that the Beast can be revealed? Government. Moral government. Up until now, the USA has been the moral government (super power) during our lifetime that has kept evil at bay all around the world. But that is now over. Marxism has invaded every aspect of the USA, from the fed govt, down through big tech, military, social media, education, etc. At this point, there is NO "restraining" of any evil government because there are no moral governments that are a super power with the ability to keep evil at bay.

And when that happens the Church -- the Body of Christ -- is also taken out of the way.
The problem is that no rapture verse, nor any other verse, has resurrected and raptured believers being taken to heaven.

Bingo! And since the USA is no longer the world's moral policeman, there is no restraining of evil anywhere.

Just ask yourself: does it seem possible that the current government of the USA could turn over sovereignty to a one world government?

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Actually the Bible has 2 sets of judgments (seals and trumpets) BEFORE the a/c or Beast appears on the scene.
Not BEFORE but during. The judgments of the Tribulation are during the reign of the Antichrist, followed by the judgments of the Great Tribulation.

Mar 4, 2020

My next thing is the number 22 which seems to represent great disorder and chaos and again the link is herehttps://www.biblestudy.org/bibleref/meaning-of-numbers-in-bible/22.html Also remember how Jesus said on the mount of olives how the generation will see all these things come to pass? what is a generation according to scripture? the bible says it is 70 years or by reason of strength 80 years, now pay attention to Israel and how it became a nation again in 1948 now lets add 80 years to that and what is it? 2028 what is 7 minus that? 2021 why does God begin the great tribulation to begin with? the great rebellion and sin of man.
This is only a little of my studies but I just felt God telling me to make this thread how it is recieved is in his hands
Also for those who have been worried I have not been online much I was put into an institute by family for the mentally disabled which I don't belong in but have nowhere to go and the internet here is very finicky plus I have been working a lot as well but God has been with me and speaking to me so I figure he must have me here for a reason
In my honest opinion, probably not.

Matthew 24:15
15When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand

2 Thessalonians 2:4
4Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

I believe a literal third temple will be present in the great tribulation. There currently is not a third temple built to Biblical specifications and I have no idea how long something like that would take to build using modern machinery.

There isn't a good reason to read Matthew 24:16 2 Thessalonians 2:4 as figurative or spiritual, as far as I can tell. I am pretty sure it's literal.

soberxp

May 3, 2018
pretrib rapture
This is the result of people's forced interpretation of the Bible. If this never happens, it will only destroy the faith of believers.
It is appropriate to focus on spiritual life.
Job 5:7

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I'm probably just about to talk some rubbish, so be warned!

I almost never read Revelation and know pretty much nothing about end times. Anyway...

Christ is love.

Love unites us and self-interest fragments us.

So the anti-Christ needs to fragment us into many billion individuals, instead of One community.

And so we are presented with so many choices that no 2 people can agree completely on what they think...
2 people might completely agree on everything except one says their favorite character in friends is Chandler whilst the other says Phoebe.
There shouldn't even be a TV show called "Friends"

If only we could all say, "We are all in the same boat, we all have found ourselves conscious not knowing why, we should all be grateful for it, and we should all be over-joyed with food and clothing" then we would be saved. And I think this is exactly what God has given to us in Jesus.

I hope, if nothing else, this might be food for thought.
I would say there is a lot of wisdom in this, look at all the division in the world today people attacking and hating each other people going left or right people leaving God out the picture entirely

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I have a good friend who is pretrib and uses the number 21 to show that the rapture will be this year. I can't remember why the year 2000 is used as the basis for 2021 being the year of the rapture.

However, I am post trib, but regarding the trib, I believe that the trib could certainly begin this year. In fact, if the #21 is legit regarding these end times events, it could already have begun. Look at Rev 6 and the "4 horses of the apocalypse" and it seems easy to see all of them as being operational right now.

So, yes, it seems the Tribulation could begin this year, if not already.
Well there is a reason I titled the thread could the tribulation begin this year this is because I truly think it could but as for the rapture I believe in a pretrib rapture but I also do not stubbornly hold to my own beliefs with no room to be wrong.

Personally I am prepared for however it happens not because of the doctrine I believe in but because of my heart I place my bond and my relationship with God before anything else if I am wrong then I will stand even if I have to die if I have to suffer through to the end I trust in Jesus and to be honest I think to many hold their rapture doctrine so tightly they leave no room to learn or be incorrect and thus do not prepare their hearts because what if we are wrong? what if the pretrib is in fact correct but because we were not like the wisemen who knew of Jesus birth we miss it?
What if we were wrong and we believed so much in a pretrib rapture that we did not prepare our hearts for the coming tribulation?

The way I see it who cares who is right as long as our hearts are madly in love with Jesus

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
pretrib rapture
This is the result of people's forced interpretation of the Bible. If this never happens, it will only destroy the faith of believers.
It is appropriate to focus on spiritual life.
The focus is on the tribulation not the rapture just because I mention the rapture that doesn't mean we should be triggered and start another argument about that out of everything I said this thread is for the purpose of discussion about the tribulation not debating our doctrine about the rapture

oyster67

May 24, 2014

Sure. Rapture can happen at any time and thus ushers in the 7 Year Tribulation Period. Are you ready? Do you anticipate the Rapture with great joy? The Lord would have it be so with you.

soberxp

May 3, 2018

Sure. Rapture can happen at any time and thus ushers in the 7 Year Tribulation Period. Are you ready? Do you anticipate the Rapture with great joy? The Lord would have it be so with you.
I wish you'd disappear immediately,:sneaky:

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I wish you'd disappear immediately,:sneaky:
You see this is exactly the kind of response that is pointless, we are taught to bring good fruits to encourage direct and inspire each other and honestly it is responses like this that show you not to be mature enough to be in debates.

If you want to act like this whenever someone says something you don't agree with please do so on another one this thread is for mature discussions about the tribulation and why it might be soon not childish remarks

soberxp

May 3, 2018
The focus is on the tribulation not the rapture just because I mention the rapture that doesn't mean we should be triggered and start another argument about that out of everything I said this thread is for the purpose of discussion about the tribulation not debating our doctrine about the rapture
focus on spiritual life.
tribulation is only part of our journey,
If we don't go through tribulation, how can we know the firmness of our faith.

It's just like a house on the sand,When the wind blows and the water rushes, it disappears.

and Build another house on Jesus .

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012

Interestingly enough God lead me to be focused on the breadcrumbs of the tribulation not the rapture to be honest the possibility it could start so soon is pretty high I think we are at it's doors.

I mean maybe it is just me but these times have a different feel to them more intense more serious more speeding towards that day and so I wanted to make a thread where we can discuss these things. For instance where in scripture does it speak of this virus and the control it has brought on our lives? Where does God speak of everything we are seeing and what might come next? You know post scripture show our findings we have found from digging talk about the middle east and what is happening there now ect.