Could Trump do anything to make you stop supporting him?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
No... it goes back to another conversation we were having in a different thread, talking about
people mixing metaphors... I had composed a response to a longish explanation you had given
but then lost it before I had a chance to finish and post. My apologies. Politics is not my thing...
Oh, right, mixed metaphors! :p "If the shoe stops here." Yes, if the shoe stops here, we'll just wait for the other buck to drop. lol

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
When the Republican Party's best possible candidate is a Hindu, it's a sign the party needs a major overhaul.

Susanna

Apr 14, 2023
Galveston and Houston
Why don’t any of us know-it-all folks in here run for office? We have everything covered. Economy? Check. Foreign policy? Check. Moral standards? Check.

Only thing left is coming from the right state. I think I’m representing everyone here in saying the candidate has to be from Texas.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Trump's first 100 days he botched a rescue mission costing the lives of a key trained soldier and the lives of those they were there to save. His first military mission and screwed the pooch on it. He was even advised by the Generals to wait but Trump has no patience at all and got em all killed.
What rescue mission are you talking about?

There was a rescue mission to Nigeria that rescued 75 people held by a ISIS group Sept 2020. No US soldiers were killed.

ZNP

Sep 14, 2020
Why don’t any of us know-it-all folks in here run for office?
Start another thread, answering this question would derail the conversation.

Only thing left is coming from the right state. I think I’m representing everyone here in saying the candidate has to be from Texas.
I lived in Texas for a number of years, which part are you in?

Dec 14, 2023
What rescue mission are you talking about?

There was a rescue mission to Nigeria that rescued 75 people held by a ISIS group Sept 2020. No US soldiers were killed.
Yemen. One SEAL member was killed and even though Spencer claimed the others were al qeada, they were women and children. But You would only hear that on npr, never on fox. Which the Murdoch's have proven to be untrustworthy.

Dec 14, 2023
Fox News was the first to report Biden won the presidency in 2020. How would they know such a thing when it was later claimed to be voter fraud?

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
Nope I told you what I thought, next question.
Which post # because I never asked you until now with the context of his daughter posing for Playboy. It was clearly in a sexual context in which he said he would date her if she wasn't his daughter.

If you explained it then I clearly didn't understand. Can you explain how it isn't sexual in context that he said he would date her? I know this is difficult to talk your way out of, but all you have to do is either admit you were wrong and that his comments were degenerate or explain, in a different way, what you think it means.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Fox News was the first to report Biden won the presidency in 2020. How would they know such a thing when it was later claimed to be voter fraud?
They had all planned to rig and STEAL the election from day one. So Biden could simply sit in his basement knowing that the outcome for him was guaranteed. And Fox News is no different than all the MSM working for the Democrats. Therefore Tucker Carlson was fired.

Even the RNC and the RINOs are working for the Democrats, therefore there was no outrage at the theft of a presidential election. Even the so-called Republican governors of several states are working for the Democrats. Even Mike Pence was all for Kamala Harris and refused to do his constitutional duty (which was to simply send back all the results for a careful and thorough investigation). I wonder what all these traitors are thinking now that America is becoming a third-world hell hole under Biden and his gang of thugs. The Founding Fathers never dreamt that a crime family would govern the USA.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
They had all planned to rig and STEAL the election from day one. So Biden could simply sit in his basement knowing that the outcome for him was guaranteed. And Fox News is no different than all the MSM working for the Democrats. Therefore Tucker Carlson was fired.

Even the RNC and the RINOs are working for the Democrats, therefore there was no outrage at the theft of a presidential election. Even the so-called Republican governors of several states are working for the Democrats. Even Mike Pence was all for Kamala Harris and refused to do his constitutional duty (which was to simply send back all the results for a careful and thorough investigation). I wonder what all these traitors are thinking now that America is becoming a third-world hell hole under Biden and his gang of thugs. The Founding Fathers never dreamt that a crime family would govern the USA.
Does Sean Hannity, Mark Levin, and Jesse Watters work for the Democrats too? I really only liked listening to Tucker and Watters a little bit... though, Watters loses me with his Israel/Palestinian take.

ThereRoseaLamb

Jan 17, 2023
Which post # because I never asked you until now with the context of his daughter posing for Playboy. It was clearly in a sexual context in which he said he would date her if she wasn't his daughter.

If you explained it then I clearly didn't understand. Can you explain how it isn't sexual in context that he said he would date her? I know this is difficult to talk your way out of, but all you have to do is either admit you were wrong and that his comments were degenerate or explain, in a different way, what you think it means.
Nope I explained I don't believe it was meant sexually. If you do, fine, I don't.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Why don’t any of us know-it-all folks in here run for office? We have everything covered. Economy? Check. Foreign policy? Check. Moral standards? Check.

I grew up about half way between Houston Galveston(Bayview/Baycliff) and after 29 plus straight years of Republicans running Texas it would scare me to see any of the ones running it now running the whole nation.

Smoke

Oct 27, 2016
Nope I explained I don't believe it was meant sexually. If you do, fine, I don't.
Do you not believe that Playboy magazine is sexual in nature? Did Trump not say this when asked about Ivanka posing for Playboy? You're joking, right?

If it wasn't in reference to how sexually attractive she is to him, what other way could he have meant it as? He would date her platonically if she wasn't his daughter? How does that even make sense? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

Aviva

Dec 3, 2023
Canada

Wow even the Republicans are in on a conspiracy to elect a Democratic president. That's much more believable then Trump just freakin' lost.

I love how the Democrats were so clever they rigged it for Biden but gave the house to the Republicans and made it a razor thin majority in the senate. All well run election scams and dictators give themselves virtually no power. That's the smart way to sieze power.

Sculpt

Apr 18, 2021
Yemen. One SEAL member was killed and even though Spencer claimed the others were al qeada, they were women and children. But You would only hear that on npr, never on fox. Which the Murdoch's have proven to be untrustworthy.
You wrote it was a "rescue mission". It wasn't a rescue mission. Called "Raid on Yakla": It was planned under the Obama admin and Trump ok'd it 8 days into his presidency. It was a joint United Arab Emirates/United States mission planned by U.S. Central Command and CIA to gather intelligence via laptops, phones, documents on personnel and operations of al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula in Yemen, and probably try to kill the leader Qasim al-Raymi and any target of opportunity in the way.

I'm sure Trump knew jack-spud about anything going on there. Trump's Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff presented the plan to Trump, and National Security Advisor Michael Flynn pushed for it. Trump isn't going to know about proper military backup assets, or proper protocols like a live Situation Room, for an operation like this. He's going to depend on "the experts". You can blame Trump for okaying it, but not for the operational inadequacies.

Hopefully Trump (and everyone with that power) has learned a valuable lesson from the attack. At least Trump isn't one to start or engage in new foreign war adventures.

Since it's a civil war in Yemen, I'd be dubious about that groups connection with al-Qaeda, I'd doubt they have any international interests, rather their interest is in winning the civil war in Yemen or separating into an autonomous country. The US shouldn't be doing Saudi Arabia's bidding with their intervention into Yemen. I remember Saudi's bombing raids on civilian targets, including a school in Yemen. Vietnam and history have taught us civil wars are almost always local affairs and not genuine proxy gains by larger actors (ie Iran).

The worst thing in this area was Obama carrying out the assassination of a US citizen (Anwar Nasser Abdulla al-Awlaki) through a drone strike in 2011. That's an execution without due process. If he's committed a crime against the United States, then send a superior force to capture him and then put him on trial.