Could Trump do anything to make you stop supporting him?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
That doesn't make him innocent.
It remains that he is guilty
The only guilty parties are the corrupt prosecutors, judges and DOJ ancillaries.

There is an absolute TON of evidence indicating conflict of interest and prejudice. I mean its ABSURDLY overwhelming.
By ALL of these judges and prosecutors.
Every last one of them should have been recused. Better yet impeached or fired.

Oh and BTW, the Obama/Clinton spygate business WAS vastly criminal. And NOBODY was charged or prosecuted.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
It has been definitively proven many times that he does not act within the law.

His primary defense is that the law should not be applied to him and that he is being unfairly targeted when his crimes are justly punished.

This is not the rhetoric of a Christian.
Trump is probably not a Christian. Very doubtful. Very.

Cameron143

Mar 1, 2022
This man was lawfully convicted by a jury of his peers by the state of NY.

He had every opportunity to defend himself, and was found guilty.

Notice that none of what you say, none of what the propaganda from the right says, has anything to do with his guilt in the matter. It is all about "everyone is out to get me"
Your first 2 statements are categorically false. He was not LAWFULLY convicted. This is why the decision will be overturned on appeal. Also, he was not tried by a jury of his peers, as 95% of the jury pool voted against him. Thirdly, he was not allowed to defend himself. His witnesses were severely limited in their testimony so as to render them virtually useless as witnesses.
"They", those who Trump will expose when elected, are actually out to get him. It started right after he was elected the first time. You tell Christians they should have nothing to do with Trump. In doing so, you ignorantly assent to the continuance of lawlessness and corruption.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
This man was lawfully convicted by a jury of his peers by the state of NY.

He had every opportunity to defend himself, and was found guilty.

Notice that none of what you say, none of what the propaganda from the right says, has anything to do with his guilt in the matter. It is all about "everyone is out to get me"
The comparison has to be other politicians/policy, not the Christian standard, he is not applying to be the minister of a church.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022
The only guilty parties are the corrupt prosecutors, judges and DOJ ancillaries.

There is an absolute TON of evidence indicating conflict of interest and prejudice. I mean its ABSURDLY overwhelming.

Oh and BTW, the Obama/Clinton spygate business WAS vastly criminal. And NOBODY was charged or prosecuted.
Agree the testimony for the prosecution was extremely prejudicial.

HeIsHere

May 21, 2022

As well, he should have been given a change of venue, that right there speaks volumes on how they were indeed wanting to rig the outcome.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

That's a false line of reasoning.

The conviction was just. He was found guilty by jurors that his own lawyers approved of. Prosecuted by the state of NY, not the white house. He is full of lies.

The argument from the man who would be king is that his crimes should not have been prosecuted, that the only reason he is being held to account for his sin is their envy.

His argument, that you are now repeating, is that he should be above the law.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Remember what Satan said to God when he could not tempt Job to sin? he said God was being unfair, that He had put a hedge around Job.

he could not argue that Job wasn't righteous. he instead said, falsely, that he was being unfairly treated for his own evil ways. Satan could not defend his own sin, so he slandered God's court instead. Satan accused God of rigging the system.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The argument from the man who would be king is that his crimes should not have been prosecuted, that the only reason he is being held to account for his sin is their envy.
and his response is that if elected he is going to do the exact thing he is calling evil ten times over.

His campaign promise is to replace as many people in the justice system as he can with people who pledge loyalty to him - not loyalty to truth and justice - and prosecute all his political enemies.

why are the people blind to the irony?
because of the right wing media empire filling them with hate for their neighbors.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
His argument, that you are now repeating, is that he should be above the law.
No. My argument is that this entire debacle (including spygate, Russia collusion hoax and everything else to this present day).....

IS A SOVIET-STYLE PURGE of political opponents. THAT is what is going on here. Its obvious.

"Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime"

Lavrentiy Beria

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I like how you put this. I am pretty confident Trump is not a Christian, and I asked one of my colleagues at work who is a Christian if he thought Trump was a Christian. He responded immediately and passionately, "No, he is the antichrist!" This gentlemen is a mild-mannered person normally, but he made this statement with powerful emotion and vehemence, and I was taken back by his conviction, and he obviously hates Trump.

It's striking to me to see the diversity of opinion and polarization we are experiencing in this community about Trump, too. When I see two devout Christians I respect like you and Posthuman on opposite ends of the spectrum here, it shows how complicated this matter is, and even we as God's people don't have the full perspective right now. I have to admit, I am a "house divided" myself.

My take for what it's worth is I'm glad he was convicted on all 34 counts. Yes, there is definitely bias and far left political motivations at work here, but Trump and his poor character has been exposed once again by this process if nothing else.

As a conservative myself who loved Eisenhower and Reagan, I long for solid conservative leadership for our country, definitely not Trump who is an angry despot whose rhetoric and mannerisms remind me of Hitler's--very dangerous for our country and the fragile world order right now. I would like to see Trump in jail or out of the picture ASAP, so the GOP can begin the healing process and move on with some of the bright talent I'm seeing from leaders like DeSantis, Haley, and Scott.

One specific question I do have is why the GOP has almost 100% rallied behind Trump? I don't have enough of the recent history to make an assessment on what makes absolutely no sense to me right now.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
As well, he should have been given a change of venue, that right there speaks volumes on how they were indeed wanting to rig the outcome.
why a change of venue? it was a NY case, a jury trial, and he selected jurors. he was convicted by jurors he approved of.

he had every chance to defend himself and failed to. he attacked the justice system because he could not prove his innocence - and his defense in court did the same thing, attacking the witnesses instead of the facts.

the facts are that he committed multiple counts of criminally attempting to influence the the outcome of free and fair elections.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
No. My argument is that this entire debacle (including spygate, Russia collusion hoax and everything else to this present day).....

IS A SOVIET-STYLE PURGE of political opponents. THAT is what is going on here. Its obvious.

"Show me the man and I’ll find you the crime"

Lavrentiy Beria
he was convicted of crimes by a nonpartisan jury of his peers that he himself took part in selecting and approving of.

your argument is that his crimes should not have been prosecuted.
i.e. that he is above the law.

these are facts, not hyperbolic accusations.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
these are facts, not hyperbolic accusations.
it has been the hallmark of this entire political debacle, since it's inception when he first ran, that he and his followers do not care about facts.

they make their case and rest it on false, hyperbolic, inflammatory statements.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
did Nixon also say he was only being investigated because he was a powerful man?

no. Nixon was honorable, and for the good of the country, stepped down.

but now we have a man who puts his own quest for power above the nation and above justice and above honor.

Christianity has no part with this - Christ humbled Himself.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
I can’t take much more of the blatant lies from Posthuman.

I hate putting people on ignore, but his disgraceful lies are getting too angering.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Nixon was honorable
Do you know the whole story on Nixon?

Let me fill you in:
He was threatening the CIA. Then he got whacked. Pretty much the size of it.
Many things Nixon did were gutsy if not heroic.

Nixon Threatened To Reveal CIA Involvement in JFK Murder

A stunning, long-overlooked Nixon Watergate-era tape shows Richard Nixon warning CIA Director Richard Helms that he knows of CIA involvement in the murder of John F. Kennedy- “I know who shot John.”

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I can’t take much more of the blatant lies from Posthuman.

I hate putting people on ignore, but his disgraceful lies are getting too angering.
Naivete is charming among puppies and children.
Grown-ups? Not so much. Pretty scary actually.

ResidentAlien

Apr 21, 2021
Well, the Donald seems to enjoy his fame. Now he can add first former president to be found guilty of 34 felonies to his list of credits.