Could use some help (the Romans Road to salvation and a gotquestions.org answer)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Would anyone be able to take the time to read this answer to the prayer where it says "But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve". I guess I'm confused about salvation. I was reading this answer and I would like to know did Jesus Christ take the punishment that we deserve? Is that implied in Jesus Christ dying for us and Jesus Christ's death paying the price for our sins? I might be wrong but they include "But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve" in the prayer but don't really explain that in the answer.

And to anyone following my recent threads and posts I may seem sort of all over the place, but please bear with me.
Jesus said,

Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you. Mt.5:10-12

The greatest example of being persecuted for righteousness sake, for doing what is right, is the punishment that was in inflicted on our Lord Jesus. Jesus said,

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also. But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me. Jn.15:20-21

Jesus was being smitten by (HIS LOVE FOR) God. And Jesus's disciples were abused like Jesus was,

and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them Act.5:40

they gnashed on him with their teeth. Act.7:54

there was a great persecution against the church Act.8:1

And he killed James the brother of John with the sword Act.12:2

Therefore also said the wisdom of God, I will send them prophets and apostles, and some of them they shall slay and persecute Lk.11:49

The Apostles and learned that Jesus suffered for mankind, not in place of mankind, as the prophets said.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Would anyone be able to take the time to read this answer to the prayer where it says "But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve". I guess I'm confused about salvation. I was reading this answer and I would like to know did Jesus Christ take the punishment that we deserve? Is that implied in Jesus Christ dying for us and Jesus Christ's death paying the price for our sins? I might be wrong but they include "But Jesus Christ took the punishment that I deserve" in the prayer but don't really explain that in the answer.

And to anyone following my recent threads and posts I may seem sort of all over the place, but please bear with me.

A song is a song.....a prayer is a prayer (man made)the Bible is the Bible.....why is a man made one controlling the Bible?
Study scripture.
Christ made atonement for our sins when He sacrificed His life on the cross. That includes everything/references related there to;

noun
satisfaction or reparation for a wrong or injury; amends.
(sometimes initial capital letter) Theology. the doctrine concerning the reconciliation of Godand humankind, especially as accomplished through the life, suffering, and death of Christ.
Christian Science. the experience of humankind's unity with God exemplified by Jesus Christ.
Archaic. reconciliation; agreement.

RELATED WORDS
reparation, penance, redemption, indemnification, satisfaction, amends, redress, recompense, payment, restitution, expiation, propitiation

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
..............timed out

Whatever price G-d wanted paid for our sins ...........Christ paid it on the cross.
We are reminded as a result G-d gave Christ total power over all humans destiny....."no one comes to the father but by Me (Christ)"

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
we esteemed Him afflicted but the reality is that surely He has borne our grief
You are trying to shift the emphasis while ignoring the rest of Isaiah 53. So who do you think brought a sword of judgment down on the Shepherd (Christ), and smote the Shepherd, and allowed the sheep to scatter?

Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the Shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad. (Mt 26:31)

Awake, O sword, against my Shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the LORD of hosts: smite the Shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones. (Zech 13:7)

Christians do not have the liberty to minimize the fact that Christ was SMITTEN OF GOD AND AFFLICTED. And that is why we esteem it as such.

Jimbone

Aug 22, 2014

I have read all the other post and they have provided awesome stuff, and it's honestly simple to break down logically as well. God is infinite in all His attributes, completely beyond our compensation. One of His attributes is His justice, He is perfect and has given us His laws. Anytime we transgress one of these laws it's sin. The wages of sin is death, God is the source of all life, the Creator, and sustains it all by His power. Perfectly just so no sin goes unpunished, and ALL His judgments are good. Here's the other thing, He is also infinity loving, and merciful.

So the perfect judge has to punish sin, yet loves His creation and wants it reconciled to Himself justly, and had a perfect plan from the foundation to do so. Oh praise our glorious King Jesus, there's no one like Him. This is why our God, the very Creator of everything was born into His world, born of a virgin, not of Adam, not born of sin, born as the perfect man, spiritually connected to the Father as we were created to be. Tempted in every way, but without sin, in Jesus the Father was well pleased. He came to teach us, to show us we were spiritually dead,and He came teaching us bigger ideas of the spirit of man, there was more beyond the flesh, to repair the connection that was severed. The only way for a perfectly just God to deal with sin is to punish it. That's it, that's why He stepped into time and space and lived the perfect life we were created to live, to a "T".

Then this perfect GodMan Jesus laid down His life, He completely lay down His will to follow Gods, even onto death. He lay down EVERYTHING because it was the Fathers will to crush Him for our iniquity, every bit of wrath that every human being has resting over them because they are born lost to sin outside His grace, He took the price no one born of Adam could, because we all are born fallen, He took the punishment, that is what He took, that was the "cup" He prayed about. Our savior modeled exactly how we should love God first. He is GLORIOUS!!! But He took the wages so that that through His Son's rigorousness those that believe in Jesus and fall at His feet in a repentance granted by God (believe) so they might be justly forgiven, by His blood our price was paid and we are transformed forever, spiritually resurrected and reconciled to His Spirit, to proclaim His power, to proclaim Jesus name over all until ALL enemies are made a footstool for His feet. Hallel-boo-ya
That was the "punishment He took for "YOU" ("US"), He calls ALL to come, and I will proclaim His name the exact same, in the sunshine or rain, let His kingdom reign, King over every-thang, love beyond what words can explain.o_O:cool:

("Hallel-boo-ya" is a word that God gave to me and I'm coining it):p

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2012
1 Corinthians 15:3 (NIV) - For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,

What does "that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures," mean? Could you answer this question, posthuman?
Does "that Christ died for our sins" mean that Christ died for our sins so that they could be forgiven? If so, what does "according to the Scriptures" mean?

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
The Bible describes God as someone who hates hands that shed innocent blood.

preston39

Dec 18, 2017
Does "that Christ died for our sins" mean that Christ died for our sins so that they could be forgiven? If so, what does "according to the Scriptures" mean?

All of them;

Repentance
Baptism
Righteous life style (following all of G-d's commandments.

et al.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Jesus took the punishment I deserve..... Because i believe Him and trust that He took the punishment I deserve..

The punishment that Jesus took is enough to take the punishment that all mankind deserves.. But the punishment that Jesus took will in the end only take away the punishment of those who will believe and trust in Him..

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016
Christ died so that whomsoever believes Him and trusts in Him will have all their sins forgiven..

According to the scriptures = According to the Word of God put down in the Holy Bible..

Journeyman

Jan 10, 2019
Jesus had no sin to repent of. The reason he was baptized was for John's testimony,

And they asked him, saying, “Why then do you baptize if you are not the Christ, nor Elijah, nor the Prophet?” John answered them, saying, “I baptize with water, but there stands One among you whom you do not know....“I did not know Him; but that He should be revealed to Israel, therefore I came baptizing with water.” And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him. “I did not know Him, but He who sent me to baptize with water said to me, ‘Upon whom you see the Spirit descending, and remaining on Him, this is He who baptizes with the Holy Spirit.’ “And I have seen and testified that this is the Son of God.”
Jn.1:25-26, 31-34

Jul 23, 2018
Ok,tons of good answers.

But back this up to adam.
Without original sin,you can not understand the dilemma.
Once you see the DILEMMA,your halfway there.
The dilemma is Holy God vs sinful man.
Heavens answer is innocent blood.
Now ff to the livitical priesthood.
That priesthood revolved around the shedding of innocent blood. Animal blood.
Animal blood had no help in the end of Gods goal. The resurrection.

All those animals,especially the passover lamb POINTED to the lamb of God.
So in his sacrificial death ILLUSTRATED by the old covenant He took our penalty.

Now this will really settle it for you;
In the days of moses,under the old covenant,should you sin,you took an unblemished animal to the priest.
Then YOU CUT ITS THROAT. YOU KILLED IT. It died for your sin. Your sin did that.
A year later you got that memory in your head. It died for you. Your sin did that to that innocent animal.