Country Star Supports Gay Community

  • Thread starter Thread starter kaylagrl
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
One of the very first scriptures I ever learned...

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Repent, change, stop sinning.

Yes I totally agree with that.I'm not saying we cant struggle with a sin.We had a friend who has passed but he was an alcoholic before he was saved.But when he would get stressed with his work sometimes he would go and get drunk.My father would go and find him and bring him home.He would feel horrible and repent but be so hard on himself.So he struggled but it became less and less as he conquered it.Homosexuality is the same way.It can be conquered with prayer and support of other Christians.
 
I just thank God, that Christ walked among sinners.............everyone seems to be juding the ones that are judging, and well, the circle keeps on going........I understand that there is a difference between accepting people with a specific sin, and supporting their sin.........that's what we as Christians need to learn the difference............yes, homosexuality is an "obvious" sin.......it is out there for you to see........what about all of the sick secret sins in peoples lives......the ones you can not see just right in your face?!! I try so hard not to judge others, because how we judge others is how we will be judged.....His word says so.........people who call out this sin, like it's the "most" worst sin ever.........when someone in your family comes out as a homosexual.........you will learn real qucik, not to judge and condem them to hell.......you will learn to LOVE as Christ loves.....because you may be the only part of Christ they will ever see..................I LOVE my homosexual family member......I pray for them, and in front of them.....I try to show them the love of Christ in all that I do and say.....I don't love the sin......I don't love any sin for that matter..........but I love the sinner...........God loves the sinner.......I am a sinner......A child of God, but I fail Him everyday in some way and pray for His amazing Mercy and Grace to forgive me...........just my opinion.....


Christ walked among sinners but did not participate in nor condone their sins but told them to repent or perish,
 
Judging can be more than one type of action. To condemn another is sin...

Mat 5:22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

but to determine an action as sin is what we are expected to do, just as SeaBass has posted above.
 
Yes I totally agree with that.I'm not saying we cant struggle with a sin.We had a friend who has passed but he was an alcoholic before he was saved.But when he would get stressed with his work sometimes he would go and get drunk.My father would go and find him and bring him home.He would feel horrible and repent but be so hard on himself.So he struggled but it became less and less as he conquered it.Homosexuality is the same way.It can be conquered with prayer and support of other Christians.

We do struggle with sin. No one becomes perfect until the resurrection. The difference is whether it is wilfull sin or not. Wilfull sin is determining to do what you want regardless of what God says.
 
Yes I totally agree with that.I'm not saying we cant struggle with a sin.We had a friend who has passed but he was an alcoholic before he was saved.But when he would get stressed with his work sometimes he would go and get drunk.My father would go and find him and bring him home.He would feel horrible and repent but be so hard on himself.So he struggled but it became less and less as he conquered it.Homosexuality is the same way.It can be conquered with prayer and support of other Christians.

Yes, we struggle with sin and repentance is not like throwing a switch, the Apostle Paul explains this in the book of Romans...

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

I have posted the above many times but it is always worth repeating scripture. This particular passage was written twenty some years AFTER his conversion and he still was not perfect.
 
Totally agree john 832! I always loved the old song "Coming home,coming home,never more to roam".Except for grace,by which I stand.
 
The mindset is to obey but the pulls and temptations are still there. We continually conquer and we certainly should not be committing the same sins with the same frequency that we did at conversion, but as our understanding increases so new challenges appear...

Psa 19:12 Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults.

Secret sins are those we do not readily see immediately. As we grow, we see that we have faults we may not have recognized as a babe in Christ. This is why Christ admonishes us...

Mat 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

The word "be" here is...

G2071
ἔσομαι
esomai
es'-om-ahee
Future tense of G1510; will be: - shall (should) be (have), (shall) come (to pass), X may have, X fall, what would follow, X live long, X sojourn.

Being future tense we would say something like "become". It is a process.

The word for "perfect" is...

G5046
τέλειος
teleios
tel'-i-os
From G5056; complete (in various applications of labor, growth, mental and moral character, etc.); neuter (as noun, with G3588) completeness: - of full age, man, perfect.

Complete, mature.
 
Thank you for sharing that just me.You have no idea home much that ministered to me this morning.I needed to hear that.
 
Yes, we struggle with sin and repentance is not like throwing a switch, the Apostle Paul explains this in the book of Romans...

Rom 7:14 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.
Rom 7:15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.
Rom 7:16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.
Rom 7:17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.
Rom 7:19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.
Rom 7:20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.
Rom 7:21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.
Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

I have posted the above many times but it is always worth repeating scripture. This particular passage was written twenty some years AFTER his conversion and he still was not perfect.

Yep agreed, but what's your point? Sin away you're all good? Was there not a "change" in there somewhere? If so what exactly is the change? I mean yes we are going to battle sin the rest our imperfect lives, but are we not called to turn from sin towards God? I believe the word is repent.
 
Yep agreed, but what's your point? Sin away you're all good? Was there not a "change" in there somewhere? If so what exactly is the change? I mean yes we are going to battle sin the rest our imperfect lives, but are we not called to turn from sin towards God? I believe the word is repent.

Where did I ever say that? I am very vocal about obedience not sin, even to the point of being (falsely) accused of salvation by works.
 
Where did I ever say that? I am very vocal about obedience not sin, even to the point of being (falsely) accused of salvation by works.

I didn't say you said it, I asked what was the point of that post. It seems a defense for a Christian to sin. What was your point? Yes Paul still sinned, we all will, but what was the point you were trying to make with those scriptures. I must have missed it if it wasn't defending a Christian sinning, if it was just confirming that we as Christians CAN still sin then I understand now. It's funny I have been in the same boat as far as "accused of salvation by works" as well, so I really must have really gotten lost in translation somewhere, because it sounds like we're really on the same page. So I'm sorry about that if it came off wrong brother.
 
I didn't say you said it, I asked what was the point of that post. It seems a defense for a Christian to sin. What was your point? Yes Paul still sinned, we all will, but what was the point you were trying to make with those scriptures. I must have missed it if it wasn't defending a Christian sinning, if it was just confirming that we as Christians CAN still sin then I understand now. It's funny I have been in the same boat as far as "accused of salvation by works" as well, so I really must have really gotten lost in translation somewhere, because it sounds like we're really on the same page. So I'm sorry about that if it came off wrong brother.

Not a defense of sin at all, pointing out that we discover sin as we grow. We do not magically become sinless the day we are converted, it is a process.
 
Yes we will have struggles until we mature.Some have struggles with lust,some with alcohol some with homosexuality.But we will be delivered of our carnality the closer we come to God. I dont want to discourage people who feel they havent "made it" yet.It is always a walk of faith,sometimes we stumble.But it is an attitude of the heart.God knows our intent if we are carelessly living the way we want to or if we are truly sorry for falling to sin.
 
Yes we will have struggles until we mature.Some have struggles with lust,some with alcohol some with homosexuality.But we will be delivered of our carnality the closer we come to God. I dont want to discourage people who feel they havent "made it" yet.It is always a walk of faith,sometimes we stumble.But it is an attitude of the heart.God knows our intent if we are carelessly living the way we want to or if we are truly sorry for falling to sin.

As Paul says...

Php 3:12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.
Php 3:13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,
Php 3:14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
 
Not a defense of sin at all, pointing out that we discover sin as we grow. We do not magically become sinless the day we are converted, it is a process.

I absolutely agree 100%, and once more sorry about my misunderstanding of your point the first time. I take back my original comment, (lol, like it really matters to you or anyone else for that matter) and totally agree with you. My bad homie.
 
I absolutely agree 100%, and once more sorry about my misunderstanding of your point the first time. I take back my original comment, (lol, like it really matters to you or anyone else for that matter) and totally agree with you. My bad homie.

Sure it matters, not in the sense of my personal feelings but that the truth of God is portrayed accurately. That matters very much.
 
Recently Dolly Parton,owner of Dollywood theme parks came out in support of gays and lesbians,calling Christians who judge them "sinners". The kicker is that Miss Parton makes a rather tidy sum of money off Dollywood which has gospel groups sing regularly there at the park.Many Christians support Dollywood for its family atmosphere.I for one,will not be supporting Miss Parton or Dollywood in the future.And Christians should do the same.Any thoughts?

I don't recall ever observing anything particularly Christian about this singer -- though she is a very good singer and charming. But she appeared to me immodest.
 
I don't recall ever observing anything particularly Christian about this singer -- though she is a very good singer and charming. But she appeared to me immodest.

That's an understatement!! lol But in the south she is accepted by the Christian crowd.More than that she is supported by Christian dollars.Very hypocritical of her to turn on Christians.
 
Why are people so surprised when worldly people support the world?.