Country Star Supports Gay Community

  • Thread starter Thread starter kaylagrl
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Why are people so surprised when worldly people support the world?.

I'm surprised that Miss Parton would say what she said about Christians.Her theme park is family oriented and has a resident gospel group.The south is the Bible belt and she's well aware of where her bread is buttered.To come out in support of gays in such a blatant way is surprising to me.
 
I'm surprised that Miss Parton would say what she said about Christians.Her theme park is family oriented and has a resident gospel group.The south is the Bible belt and she's well aware of where her bread is buttered.To come out in support of gays in such a blatant way is surprising to me.

The south is called the Bible belt but the belt is very small. In other words there is much less Bible in churches down here from what it used to be. In most cases there is no longer a belt and the pants are falling down. Let the truth be seen along with the extreme embareassment.
 
Last edited:
I'm surprised that Miss Parton would say what she said about Christians.Her theme park is family oriented and has a resident gospel group.The south is the Bible belt and she's well aware of where her bread is buttered.To come out in support of gays in such a blatant way is surprising to me.


well I watched a 60 minute interview with her last year or earlier this year. In that interview she made claims to multiple affairs during her marriage with many of her co-stars in her movies. Miley cyrus also did a 60 minute interview claiming she had been around drugs all her life.. she grew up with them and her God mother is dolly parton.

Im sorry you are surprised. I have never seen Dolly Parton as a devout Christian, but then again I am not American and don't know her much but a few of her movies.
 
well I watched a 60 minute interview with her last year or earlier this year. In that interview she made claims to multiple affairs during her marriage with many of her co-stars in her movies. Miley cyrus also did a 60 minute interview claiming she had been around drugs all her life.. she grew up with them and her God mother is dolly parton.

Im sorry you are surprised. I have never seen Dolly Parton as a devout Christian, but then again I am not American and don't know her much but a few of her movies.

I did not see that interview or know about that.I never really saw her as anything but Christian in name only I guess.But I did not expect her to come against Christians so blatantly.
 
Well I guess I'm not anymore.But backing gays is just beyond it for me.I'll never spend a dime in Dollywood.
 
If she isn't a Christian.. and that's an if.. only God and her know. she doesn't have the conviction of the Holy Spirit to lead her into all truth. She lives by an industry where popularity is her daily bread rather than living by the word of God. Gods children hear His voice. She is only doing what she feels is popular and will bring in money. You cant blame a sinner for acting like a sinner.. she needs prayer.
 
Last edited:
If she isn't a Christian.. and that's an if.. only God and her know. she doesn't have the conviction of the Holy Spirit to lead her into all truth. She lives by an industry where popularity is her daily bread rather than living by the word of God. Gods children hear His voice. She is only doing what she feels is popular and will bring in money. You cant blame a sinner for acting like a sinner.. she needs prayer.

But if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...
 
If she isn't a Christian.. and that's an if.. only God and her know. she doesn't have the conviction of the Holy Spirit to lead her into all truth. She lives by an industry where popularity is her daily bread rather than living by the word of God. Gods children hear His voice. She is only doing what she feels is popular and will bring in money. You cant blame a sinner for acting like a sinner.. she needs prayer.

there is also constant pressure on celebrities to support gay rights. we do not know what was said behind closed doors to cause her to make this statement. but still, it is 100% true that having your eyes on $$$$$ is what causes stuff like this to happen. if it comes down to faith or finance, way too many of us chose finance.
 
Recently Dolly Parton,owner of Dollywood theme parks came out in support of gays and lesbians,calling Christians who judge them "sinners". The kicker is that Miss Parton makes a rather tidy sum of money off Dollywood which has gospel groups sing regularly there at the park.Many Christians support Dollywood for its family atmosphere.I for one,will not be supporting Miss Parton or Dollywood in the future.And Christians should do the same.Any thoughts?

I often wonder what the heck "support the gay and lesbians" means! Does that mean she endorses the homosexual sex they engage in, or does it mean she supports them in their struggle with the sin of homosexuality? I suspect the former, and therefore am very disappointed with Ms. Parton.
 
But nobody protests the sinful cases either. And certainly no one tries to campaign to make sinful remarriage illegal, like they do homosexual marriage. She is just saying that you shouldn't judge homosexuals, the same way you would say you shouldn't judge anyone else who sins. No reason to get mad at her for that, when I hear christians say all the time you shouldn't judge. Why does it suddenly become sick when it's homosexuals you shouldn't judge?

You are severely mixed up in your understanding of "judging". Can't you understand the difference between saying something is sinful and judging an individual? Supporting homosexual marriage and NOT telling them the activity they are engaging in is sinful, ACTUALLY hurts them.
Everybody likes to use the account of the adulterous woman to say stop judging people, and they always stop at "he who is without sin cast the 1st stone" but they NEVER recite what Jesus said to the adulterous woman. "GO AND SIN NO MORE"
 
I'm betting a lot of people here have never even been to dollywood and believe me, you are doing yourself a favor by boycotting it. I went when I was younger and its not that great.
 
I'm betting a lot of people here have never even been to dollywood and believe me, you are doing yourself a favor by boycotting it. I went when I was younger and its not that great.

Been there, done that and "its not that great" is an understatement. What a waste of time and cash.
 
i've been to dollywood. I used to live in Knoxville for school. It's pretty meh.

UT? I live in Knox county. Pigeon Forge (that's where Dollywood is) has an atmosphere all it's own. We have to go through it to get to the Smokies on our bike. 30 years ago it was ok but now.......... yuck.:cool:

Next time anybody wants to go there let me know, and I'll show you a much better time going in the opposite direction. Forward to the Cumberlands!! LOL
 
Last edited:
I was there for the first time last year in the fall.It was beautiful,we went up the mtn. toward NC Winding like a snake tho.Almost got car sick.
 
But nobody protests the sinful cases either. And certainly no one tries to campaign to make sinful remarriage illegal, like they do homosexual marriage. She is just saying that you shouldn't judge homosexuals, the same way you would say you shouldn't judge anyone else who sins. No reason to get mad at her for that, when I hear christians say all the time you shouldn't judge. Why does it suddenly become sick when it's homosexuals you shouldn't judge?


Where in the bible are we told not to judge sin?