Covid Craziness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
I guess it is a matter of perspective. I see this as an opportunity to show people that I care about their safety more than my wants. Anyone of us could be an asymptomatic carrier. Someone like me, who is immune supressed would be hooped if I encountered someone without a mask who was a carrier. What does it cost us to show compassion and care for those around us? Let's stop talking about the love of Jesus unless we are willing to be the love of Jesus. "No one tells me what to do" is not the creed of a Christian.

It is beyond the governments scope to mandate masks. Plain and simple.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
Are seatbelts beyond the government scope?
These are kind of interesting questions. A knee jerk reaction would say heck no, but we all share an overused term called social responsibility we could probably call a monetary responsibility. For instance, most states in US have helmet laws for motorcycles because the person bashing their head in with life long repercussions as he's drooling into his soup under 24hr care costs society a lot of money and that's how these laws get enacted.

You could say "well, I pay for my own health insurance", but in most cases you don't pay for your own health care - your costs are shared, so in effect, and in a monetary sense, we are negatively affected by sick or injured people. In the wallet! But if someone acts irresponsibly and coughs his way through a Walmart, some innocent person with or without health insurance catches covid, spreads it around their family and bingo, more costs, higher premiums, and Bernie's speeches go up a decibel or two.

So if they know of something that can keep this virus from spreading so easily, then it's the helmet and the seatbelt and the don't drink and drive and the myriad of other mandates that are designed to SAVE MONEY. Not lives, if you want to know the truth. Still, having said all this, there is a looming tipping point when trading liberty for safety.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Social distance....... unless you are peacefully protesting, by burning looting and killing. Church? Completely out of the question.

laughingheart

Sep 21, 2016
Just for the sake of discussion, I know that this is not that situation, but in the case of martial law they can enforce curfews and penalties for non-compliance. If the situation was dire enough I think the governments have all sorts of power. I am not saying all countries would do that but it is not beyond the realm of possibility. I respect you Eli.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
I guess, we are just gonna have to do away with cash as well. Being how, something like %70 having traces of cocain on it, and %90 having fecal matter. Hmmmm, if there were only a better, more convenient way. Maybe the governments of the world, will solve this ....... sure sounds like, utopia.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
Just for the sake of discussion, I know that this is not that situation, but in the case of martial law they can enforce curfews and penalties for non-compliance. If the situation was dire enough I think the governments have all sorts of power. I am not saying all countries would do that but it is not beyond the realm of possibility. I respect you Eli.
Which brings us back to burning and looting. Which of course serves a political purpose........ just like the mask.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
40 years ago, they, warned us of an impending ice age. Then global warming, and now of course climate change. They.

E

EleventhHour

I guess, we are just gonna have to do away with cash as well. Being how, something like %70 having traces of cocain on it, and %90 having fecal matter. Hmmmm, if there were only a better, more convenient way. Maybe the governments of the world, will solve this ....... sure sounds like, utopia.
This is a myth ...

E

EleventhHour

These are kind of interesting questions. A knee jerk reaction would say heck no, but we all share an overused term called social responsibility we could probably call a monetary responsibility. For instance, most states in US have helmet laws for motorcycles because the person bashing their head in with life long repercussions as he's drooling into his soup under 24hr care costs society a lot of money and that's how these laws get enacted.

You could say "well, I pay for my own health insurance", but in most cases you don't pay for your own health care - your costs are shared, so in effect, and in a monetary sense, we are negatively affected by sick or injured people. In the wallet! But if someone acts irresponsibly and coughs his way through a Walmart, some innocent person with or without health insurance catches covid, spreads it around their family and bingo, more costs, higher premiums, and Bernie's speeches go up a decibel or two.

So if they know of something that can keep this virus from spreading so easily, then it's the helmet and the seatbelt and the don't drink and drive and the myriad of other mandates that are designed to SAVE MONEY. Not lives, if you want to know the truth. Still, having said all this, there is a looming tipping point when trading liberty for safety.
The government is acting responsibly by putting laws in place to save money in a responsible manner....that it is not altruistic is of no consequence.

Well people have to be alive to enjoy liberty.

Liberty or death I am sure was not a call to act irresponsibly during a pandemic.... that is just absolutely ridiculous

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Not according to the research, I was bored so I checked:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...feces-show-up-on-your-dollar-bills-2017-07-11

"Hard currency is literally crawling with crap -- as in, actual fecal matter, bacteria, pet DNA, and even cocaine -- according to several studies that will make you go cashless if you haven’t already".

• Cocaine. Yes, you’ve probably handled drug money. Traces of cocaine can be found on 80% of dollar bills, which have been laced by people rolling up the bills to snort the drug, or from money and coke changing hands during drug deals. And traces of morphine, heroin, methamphetamine and amphetamine have also been found on bills, although not as commonly as cocaine.

E

EleventhHour

Not according to the research, I was bored so I checked:

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...feces-show-up-on-your-dollar-bills-2017-07-11

"Hard currency is literally crawling with crap -- as in, actual fecal matter, bacteria, pet DNA, and even cocaine -- according to several studies that will make you go cashless if you haven’t already".

• Cocaine. Yes, you’ve probably handled drug money. Traces of cocaine can be found on 80% of dollar bills, which have been laced by people rolling up the bills to snort the drug, or from money and coke changing hands during drug deals. And traces of morphine, heroin, methamphetamine and amphetamine have also been found on bills, although not as commonly as cocaine.
As usual people just throw out what they have heard ... it is more complicated than that...depends on the note and the bacterial content is measured per square
inch most studies.

You will be happy to know that Canadian money is much cleaner because we use polymer in our bank notes.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12597308/

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
As usual people just throw out what they have heard ... it is more complicated than that...depends on the note and the bacterial content is measured per square
inch most studies.

You will be happy to know that Canadian money is much cleaner because we use polymer in our bank notes.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/12597308/
Yes, our Canadian money I assumed is much cleaner than US notes...I wasn't aware before reading the article that US money was actually a blend of cotton and linen, materials that I assume would be ideal breeding grounds for all manner of materials....and though I've never used cocaine even once I would imagine that US $1 note (so called singles) are the worst.

The study was out of Oxford, so reputable and obviously not the myth you thought it was.....always best to check things before rushing to judgment. https://academic.oup.com/jat/article/20/4/213/838490

E

EleventhHour

Yes, our Canadian money I assumed is much cleaner than US notes...I wasn't aware before reading the article that US money was actually a blend of cotton and linen, materials that I assume would be ideal breeding grounds for all manner of materials....and though I've never used cocaine even once I would imagine that US $1 note (so called singles) are the worst.

The study was out of Oxford, so reputable and obviously not the myth you thought it was.....always best to check things before rushing to judgment. https://academic.oup.com/jat/article/20/4/213/838490
Like I said depends on the note $1000 bill much cleaner :p, when people put out blanket statements I call them myths because it is not the full picture.
Yes Canada smart to put polymer in the notes.. linen not so good.
Our bank notes are cool!!

Aug 10, 2019
Canada
Like I said depends on the note $1000 bill much cleaner :p, when people put out blanket statements I call them myths because it is not the full picture.
Yes Canada smart to put polymer in the notes.. linen not so good.
Our bank notes are cool!!
Calling it a myth was a blanket statement, you were the pot calling the kettle black, and your's was a much broader blanket statement.....how many US $1,000 bills are in your wallet?

They're talking about issuing a new Canadian $5 note.....personally I think they should do away with the $5 bill and replace it with another coin.....one with a fish on it, we'd have people calling $5 a fin or finski again.

E

EleventhHour

Calling it a myth was a blanket statement, you were the pot calling the kettle black, and your's was a much broader blanket statement.....how many US $1,000 bills are in your wallet?

They're talking about issuing a new Canadian $5 note.....personally I think they should do away with the $5 bill and replace it with another coin.....one with a fish on it, we'd have people calling $5 a fin or finski again.

Yeah I suppose.... the rhetoric on here is so high I sometimes follow suit unfortunately.

.how many US $1,000 bills are in your wallet?
Wouldn't you like to know :eek::D

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
Mandating masks is reasonable. But telling grown adults how to wash their hands and making them line up at establishments like elementary school children, is not

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
Mandating masks is reasonable. But telling grown adults how to wash their hands and making them line up at establishments like elementary school children, is not
They are doing this someplace?!? I haven't seen lines anywhere in Atlanta but maybe I haven't been to enough places (rarely go out at present)

You mean requiring sanitization or something?