Covid Craziness

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Mandating masks is reasonable. But telling grown adults how to wash their hands and making them line up at establishments like elementary school children, is not
No difference. All are examples of government overstepping its jurisdiction.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
When in danger
Or in doubt
Run in circles
Scream and shout

Conspiracy theories are so popular because they are so easy to do. Much easier than actually doing something productive, but you still feel like you have accomplished something by "warning the people."

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
When in danger
Or in doubt
Run in circles
Scream and shout

Conspiracy theories are so popular because they are so easy to do. Much easier than actually doing something productive, but you still feel like you have accomplished something by "warning the people."
Not sure how you can be saying this anymore, when one of the biggest conspiracies of this generation is unfolding before your eyes in the form of the US election. The conspiracy theorists were right. The coincidence theorists wrong. You lost.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
What did you win?

Were you hoping you would win? If I were a conspiracy theorist I would be hoping to lose.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
No one on earth, has the right, to tell, no, dictate that I wear a mask. We bow down, and submit, like sheep to the slaughter. In other words............ have you booked your next antifa/blm "protest"? Two and two it seems, is indeed five.
haha what about your mum.

I thought all mothers told their sons what to do, but whether they listened or not was a different matter.

Mothers have some sage advice like 'wash your hands after going to the toilet'.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
if you dont listen to your mum, you WILL have to listen to your wife, and of course shes gonna tell you to use soap and wash before you even touch her.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the new campaign needs to make it sound like a brilliant idea to clean and do the dishes, the laundry, and wash everything.

I mean women disinfect things everyday, its just part of our job. We deal with blood, spit, sweat and tears and vomit. we clean toilets, bathrooms and dirt under our fingernails.

But of course, some people dont want to take a bath, have irrational fears about being baptised, and think they will melt in hot water.

JustEli

Dec 23, 2018
haha what about your mum.

I thought all mothers told their sons what to do, but whether they listened or not was a different matter.

Mothers have some sage advice like 'wash your hands after going to the toilet'.
My mom is dead, 10 yrs now.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
My mom is dead, 10 yrs now.
aw am sorry
how about your pa.
Although my dad never really told me what to do.

You wont want to live where I am cos we got told yesterday that anyone taking public transport in Auckland needs to wear a mask.
For Aucklanders, we are reluctant to use public transport as most of the time it gets you there half an hour late anyway. If applying for a job, you always need to factor in mileage and what it costs to get there and back, otherwise you cant even do it. So in addition to your working hours, you need to allow at least an hours travelling time, plus parking and gas. And most jobs dont pay you for gas, parking AND lunch.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
What did you win?

Were you hoping you would win? If I were a conspiracy theorist I would be hoping to lose.
The ongoing shame and everlasting ignominy of the main stream media. How's that for a prize? :)

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020
How can any
I guess it is a matter of perspective. I see this as an opportunity to show people that I care about their safety more than my wants. Anyone of us could be an asymptomatic carrier. Someone like me, who is immune supressed would be hooped if I encountered someone without a mask who was a carrier. What does it cost us to show compassion and care for those around us? Let's stop talking about the love of Jesus unless we are willing to be the love of Jesus. "No one tells me what to do" is not the creed of a Christian.
As LL Cool J recently said, "How can one be anti-mask, if you're pro-life?"

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wore a mask yesterday to work and nobody was mean to me about it.
You just need to wear one that fits.

I think someone who thinks ' nobody can tell me what to do' would have a hard time in most jobs wear you acually need to wear things like a uniform.

Even runway models cant wear what they want.
Here we have apps on your phone that keep a record of where you go. Some people are like I dont want anyone to know where ive been. Im just like whatever, stop being so self centred.

If you do pick up something, you are going to have to contact EVERYONE youve been in touch with for their safety as well.

kinda

Jun 26, 2013
Just for the sake of discussion, I know that this is not that situation, but in the case of martial law they can enforce curfews and penalties for non-compliance. If the situation was dire enough I think the governments have all sorts of power. I am not saying all countries would do that but it is not beyond the realm of possibility. I respect you Eli.

*********This is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt, or something like that.**********

I don't want to argue, but i think we are living in martial law now. Not only that, but I believe we are being trained to live like prisoners, so when we finally are thrown into prison, we are already prison trained.

It started off with the airports after 911...take off your shoes, get body scanned (pat down), and questioned about what you are doing, and where you are going.

Now they are slowly taking away our ability to be economically self sufficient, so when the offer universal basic income, than we will mostly be dependent on government wages. Than they will probably make demands like, take this biometric identification in your hand, or you won't get basic income. Get vaccinated or you won't be allowed to leave the house. Stuff like this.

They want the population under 500 million, so expect massive deaths. This Indian Prophet Sundhar says, a new virus will be coming soon, will be much worst than Corona, and will be much more painful. We can wait to see if it's true, but the guy has been intriguing for sure.

Wars are heating up as well as political unrest, so someone will get blamed for everything. We will be encouraged to be patriotic and get the bad guys......More death.

The New World Order is here and yes, I believe in some conspiracies. Prince Charles is about ready to become King real soon, and some believe he is the anti-christ. We will have to see how that plays out. There is also the prophecy of the popes, and the current pope is projected to be the last. Not sure if it's true or not, but we can wait and see.

Who knows what the future holds, but this is just my take on what could be coming soon. Hopefully my opinions are wrong and we are gonna go back to normal....Doubt it though.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
Seems to me people have a lot to say about Covid if they haven't had it. But for the families who have suffered the loss of a loved one or for the many healthcare workers who have lost patients from Covid they would have a far different story to share.

It hurts no one to put on a mask to help keep their germs from spreading to someone who may die if they come down with it. Covid19 isn't a hoax my Realtor who is helping me buy the home in TN has come down with it and diagnosed as positive this week and sounds so very sick and her four year old son also has it now. It's not a joke and regular folks don't have the team of Doctors and meds that the President has and received.

We are to love our neighbors as ourselves your freedoms aren't removed if you wear a mask it just means you have listened to the professionals that know a thing or two about how viruses spread and are trying to slow the process of people getting sick from it.

This virus isn't a political party it's an equal opportunity infector. Show some love and cover up.

Moses_Young

Sep 15, 2019
Seems to me people have a lot to say about Covid if they haven't had it. But for the families who have suffered the loss of a loved one or for the many healthcare workers who have lost patients from Covid they would have a far different story to share.

It hurts no one to put on a mask to help keep their germs from spreading to someone who may die if they come down with it. Covid19 isn't a hoax my Realtor who is helping me buy the home in TN has come down with it and diagnosed as positive this week and sounds so very sick and her four year old son also has it now. It's not a joke and regular folks don't have the team of Doctors and meds that the President has and received.

We are to love our neighbors as ourselves your freedoms aren't removed if you wear a mask it just means you have listened to the professionals that know a thing or two about how viruses spread and are trying to slow the process of people getting sick from it.

This virus isn't a political party it's an equal opportunity infector. Show some love and cover up.
The recent study on masks showed that masks do absolutely nothing for preventing coronavirus. However, other studies have proven masks do actually make the wearer sick. Also, some people have sensitive faces and masks give them a rash. So don't you think its selfish of those who believe in some mysterious coronavirus (that has never even been isolated) to demand everyone else wear masks? If these people are so scared of an imaginary virus, they can just stay home, and the virus won't get them. Or do they believe that coronaviruses can open doors and sneak in through windows? Perhaps the magical corona has evolved a way to slither down chimneys?

I see those people who refuse to wear masks as those who treat their bodies the way their Maker designed them, and don't try to second guess the One who knows everything. Also, I see them as standing up for your freedom and mine, which I consider a far more loving act than wearing a silly mask that does nothing for everyone else, and has the potential to make one sick.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
the freedom to infect everyone
so silly, when I read stuff like that it reminds me of people who dont wear seatbelts, or if they ride a motor bike, dont bother wearing a helmet, and people who get stone drunk and complain when there isnt enough booze.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
The recent study on masks showed that masks do absolutely nothing for preventing coronavirus. However, other studies have proven masks do actually make the wearer sick. Also, some people have sensitive faces and masks give them a rash. So don't you think its selfish of those who believe in some mysterious coronavirus (that has never even been isolated) to demand everyone else wear masks? If these people are so scared of an imaginary virus, they can just stay home, and the virus won't get them. Or do they believe that coronaviruses can open doors and sneak in through windows? Perhaps the magical corona has evolved a way to slither down chimneys?

I see those people who refuse to wear masks as those who treat their bodies the way their Maker designed them, and don't try to second guess the One who knows everything. Also, I see them as standing up for your freedom and mine, which I consider a far more loving act than wearing a silly mask that does nothing for everyone else, and has the potential to make one sick.
Prayers for you.

BrotherMike

Be Still and Know
Jan 8, 2018
I think I jinxed myself... was Covid positive last Saturday and let me tell ya this is no joke! Please be careful and social distance and wash your hands often. My symptoms were loss of taste and smell, achiness, chills, pain, and shortness of breath. Praise God He was watching out for me and I’m almost fully recovered now.

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
That same maker made laws for quarantine... Laws like lepers are supposed to wear a cloth over their upper lips.

Leviticus 13:45
And the leper in whom the plague is, his clothes shall be rent, and his head bare, and he shall put a covering upon his upper lip, and shall cry, Unclean, unclean.

true_believer

Sep 24, 2020

The mask wearing and physical distancing in countries such as China, Australia and other European nations, has proven to be effective.
I've heard Christians and members of other faiths say that one should depend on God instead of taking recommended precautions to deal with covid. With that line of reasoning, a person of faith should not be buying insurance, brushing their teeth and flossing or looking both ways before crossing the street.