CRA Christians in Recovery (anonymous)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Mar 16, 2022
Good morning, @Shakey :) I hope you have been having a good week :D

step 4 made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

My wife and I do Bible study every night. Right now a Max Lucado on 10 Men of the Bible. I know God uses everyone of us in some way to reach others. There has been some truly heart wrenching questions for me in this study. Questions that bring things back from the past. I know I am forgiven, some of those things in the past have shaped habits of today. (hence 12 steps) So when I answer some of these questions, my wife said she's glad she never lived such a dark life. Have I told her things of my past, some, the dark things? No! So, taking inventory of myself, should I talk to her about those dark things, will she understand me better. Will is strengthen us, or not. These dark things were so long ago, yet the scars remain to remind me of where I cam from. Just this week I had a near Bathsheba encounter, I spoke with this woman and went through the morality, right and wrong, sin temptation and Gods forgiveness. Just to be clear, nothing happened! I feel that is the dark things that the enemy brings back to take me down. So, do I talk with my wife about dark parts of my past?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
step 4 made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.

My wife and I do Bible study every night. Right now a Max Lucado on 10 Men of the Bible. I know God uses everyone of us in some way to reach others. There has been some truly heart wrenching questions for me in this study. Questions that bring things back from the past. I know I am forgiven, some of those things in the past have shaped habits of today. (hence 12 steps) So when I answer some of these questions, my wife said she's glad she never lived such a dark life. Have I told her things of my past, some, the dark things? No! So, taking inventory of myself, should I talk to her about those dark things, will she understand me better. Will is strengthen us, or not. These dark things were so long ago, yet the scars remain to remind me of where I cam from. Just this week I had a near Bathsheba encounter, I spoke with this woman and went through the morality, right and wrong, sin temptation and Gods forgiveness. Just to be clear, nothing happened! I feel that is the dark things that the enemy brings back to take me down. So, do I talk with my wife about dark parts of my past?
Good morning again to you, Shakey, and thank you for sharing so openly. Allowing ourselves to be vulnerable is a gift that needs to function with discretion; telling your wife things you have kept hidden could be done as they say in AA: we tell our stories in a general way. Developing a proper perspective is paramount also, for though we have need of this honesty and transparency in key relationships, it is not always advisable in every and all situations. I am not suggesting keeping secrets from your wife, for how can you feel truly loved by someone who does not know and accept all parts of yourself, including the darkness from your past which you have thankfully overcome yet reverberates on some level throughout your life? Still, we do not unburden ourselves at the expense of others as per step nine.

This is part of the reason why I asked earlier if you had a sponsor, because they can really help guide you in making such decisions and navigating those types of discussions. Step four can be quite scary for a lot of people without the proper supports to carry on to step five. I say that as someone who was traumatized twice in attempting to complete those two steps. Having been in the rooms and around the program for over three decades, it was not until just a few years ago that I was able to properly complete a fifth step, and it was not planned, but it was such a blessing (it was with my new-at-the-time pastor and his lovely wife, both of whom I immediately bonded with upon meeting). The more we look at these issues in our lives and talk openly about them, the greater our perspective becomes as others do likewise, and the less shame, guilt and fear we have as a result of them. Having a loving partner who is able to acknowledge that we are no longer that person in bondage to and acting out on old behaviors would certainly be beneficial and conducive to such openness :)

PS~ That's great that you two do a daily Bible study! :D

Mar 16, 2022
Good morning again to you, Shakey, and thank you for sharing so openly. Allowing ourselves to be vulnerable is a gift that needs to function with discretion; telling your wife things you have kept hidden could be done as they say in AA: we tell our stories in a general way. Developing a proper perspective is paramount also, for though we have need of this honesty and transparency in key relationships, it is not always advisable in every and all situations. I am not suggesting keeping secrets from your wife, for how can you feel truly loved by someone who does not know and accept all parts of yourself, including the darkness from your past which you have thankfully overcome yet reverberates on some level throughout your life? Still, we do not unburden ourselves at the expense of others as per step nine.

This is part of the reason why I asked earlier if you had a sponsor, because they can really help guide you in making such decisions and navigating those types of discussions. Step four can be quite scary for a lot of people without the proper supports to carry on to step five. I say that as someone who was traumatized twice in attempting to complete those two steps. Having been in the rooms and around the program for over three decades, it was not until just a few years ago that I was able to properly complete a fifth step, and it was not planned, but it was such a blessing (it was with my new-at-the-time pastor and his lovely wife, both of whom I immediately bonded with upon meeting). The more we look at these issues in our lives and talk openly about them, the greater our perspective becomes as others do likewise, and the less shame, guilt and fear we have as a result of them. Having a loving partner who is able to acknowledge that we are no longer that person in bondage to and acting out on old behaviors would certainly be beneficial and conducive to such openness :)

PS~ That's great that you two do a daily Bible study! :D

Thank you for this response, eases my heart and mind. I will continue to pray and seek guidance in Gods word. I know I probably need a sponsor, another step I'm a bit "Shakey" on. Your encouragement brings out the emotions in me, not a bad thing, soul searching thing! She is new to the church outside of catholic faith and has been very excited to study Gods word in a different manner. I enjoy so much learning and relearning with her. God Bless you!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
The idea that we have to fix ourselves before comming to God, is like fixing a toilet before calling the plumber. No that's not how it works.
"I learned it was essential to have a mind-set of willingness to change, and then through inspiration of
the Holy Spirit I was influenced enough to earnestly strive to change my conduct."

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
“If it were not for the ‘we’ of AA, there would be no ‘I.' ”
"Amen"

frame-91455_640 - Copy (8) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Co...jpg

CraigAllan

Apr 7, 2022
I'd like to start a new thread for people in recovery who have figured out that the best way to start building a home is on solid ground. The rock.

This is a christian site and I feel identifying Krishna, Mohamed, Buddha, ash trays or group conscience as the higher power is a LIE. The only real higher power is the one and only triune God. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. The only problem is how to filter out the haters, law mongers and deniers'.

In the words of William Booth paraphrased "It takes more than a clean pair of breeches, a bath and a job to save a mans soul."

This is a deadly disease. We have to become deadly serious in dealing with it. Our best thinking got us into the mess we got ourselves into. We need help! Jesus has the power, we surrender to him.

Please join me friends and family welcome too. It's not like Christians don't get ensnared or those of us that become ensnared don't come to Jesus. We need to share, testify and help each other.

My name is Bob. I'm a grateful recovering addict/gambler/sinner. Please help/join me in my and others who are anonymous effort to bring some recovery without condemnation to Christian Chat.

:love::cool::D(y) TTFN. calibob.
Hey Bob, God bless you buddy! No door knob here, though my first AA sponsor did tell me to start with "higher power" till I cleared up! That was many years ago, therefore blessings abound!!! Salvation Army! Go Bob! Great stuff! God led me to AA and AA led me to God. Saved by the blood of Jesus Christ, sealed by the Holy Spirit. There is no other, our Lord Jesus Christ. ",hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;" KJV Hebrews 1:2. Sorry for being so wordy! Really glad to meet you buddy. I have been praying for this and wala! I am so excited! I'm in! Blessings Bob

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Hey Bob, God bless you buddy! No door knob here, though my first AA sponsor did tell me to start with "higher power" till I cleared up! That was many years ago, therefore blessings abound!!! Salvation Army! Go Bob! Great stuff! God led me to AA and AA led me to God. Saved by the blood of Jesus Christ, sealed by the Holy Spirit. There is no other, our Lord Jesus Christ. ",hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, whom he hath appointed heir of all things, by whom also he made the worlds;" KJV Hebrews 1:2. Sorry for being so wordy! Really glad to meet you buddy. I have been praying for this and wala! I am so excited! I'm in! Blessings Bob
"Thanks for sharing."!!
"God bless you."
"A friend may be closer than one may realize."

frame-91455_640 - Copy (8) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Co...jpg :)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

Welcome!
:)

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
THURSDAY, APRIL 7, 2022 - WOUNDS
Audio for WOUNDS

Part of being human is experiencing some wounding. It may be a scraped knee from falling, a burned finger from touching something hot, or a variety of other things that injure us. These skin wounds often need cleaning, application of a medicinal salve, a bandage, and time to heal.

We also may experience wounding in our souls that comes from betrayal, rejection, abuse, sin, disappointment, and regret. Although we might tell others and try to convince ourselves that we are not wounded, fear and anger, self-hatred and inability to forgive, addiction and anxiety, are all evidence of the hidden wounds in our soul. Living successfully in recovery has a lot to do with identifying and taking care of our wounds.

He himself [Jesus] bore our sins in his body on the cross, so that we might die to sins
and live for righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. (1 Peter 2:24 NIV)

Jesus cared so much about the wounds He knew we would experience that He suffered and died for us on the cross. His death and resurrection and our trust in Him opens the way for us to find freedom from every wound.
Just as physical wounds need to be cleaned in order to heal, so our hearts need cleansing and the healing that only Jesus can bring. God will wash us clean from our sin if we ask. After a skin wound is cleaned, an antiseptic salve is applied to protect the wound and assist in healing.

When we read the Bible and fill our hearts with who God says we are, our souls find protection from the damage of the evil one’s lies. We put a bandage on a wound to protect it, changing it as often as necessary until new skin covers the wound. Similarly, we must look after our souls as we heal because the devil looks around to see what other lies and harm he can inflict.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. He sent out his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. (1 John 1:9; Psalm 107:20; 1 Peter 5:8 NIV)

Prayer: Heavenly Father, thank you for caring about my wounds. Cleanse me,
heal me, protect me from the evil one. I trust You to make me whole. Amen

©2022 Partners in Hope

Mar 16, 2022
Step 4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
This last couple of weeks.....emotional as I search myself...see things that I forgot or thought I was over. Fall down, getting up, falling down. I spoke with my wife about going thorough things, her response was she was not there for any of these things and does not feel she has a standing. I will give her that. Magenta, can't help but cry out to God reading your post. Ended up in the VA ER because of a gout attack. I spoke openly with the Dr. we cried together and I have contacts in the VA to call when I need. I know I should be in a physical program with a sponsor. After a fearless moral inventory, so much I am afraid to even write down. God knows, I have started a search of a couple people I need to make amends with. SO much I's afraid to voice to another person face to face. Writing this is hard through tears. I know I am forgiven, I am working at forgiving myself and accepting Gods forgiveness. Cutting out some things online and explaining to these people why, I dumfounded on the backlash I received simply for trying to clean myself up. Those are the people the Bible talks about, reprobate minds, left behind from the Ark. I love the breath of God in the Bible, the study we are doing about ten men of the Bible, should be ten wretched men for all they have done. Yet God still used them! In todays society, I finished a book by Greg Laurie, Johnny Cash, Redemption of an American icon. For any Cash fans, just read it! What an inspiration, I can relate to some of his trials and tribulations, he always came back the the God he knew who loved him. I am now on day 2 w/o a drink. Surprisingly, I'm not shakey.....May God have mercy on my soul, provide me the strength I need, provide me the sight and wisdom to see that strength, one step at a time. Amen

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Good afternoon, Shakey :)

I posted this the other day in a different thread and thought to post it again for you...

It was two separate posts :)

I remember feeling like that. I remember knowing that if I had a gun, I may well have put a bullet in my brain to stop the thoughts that endlessly went through it. I remember wondering, and pondering for many years, and agonizing over the meaning of my life: what was it supposed to be? I remember feeling so empty and lost, and not knowing what to do about it. I remember feeling like I should know, how could I not know, why did I not know??? I remember feeling like I had no words to say how I really felt. I remember thinking it would be futile to attempt to do so. I remember endeavoring to run from, forget, and/or dull the pain through drinking, drugging, and relationships. I remember alcohol poisoning, and hospitalizations for drug overdoses. I remember failed relationships. I remember coming to the end of myself. I remember God revealing Himself to me, imparting to me the understanding that He knew everything there was to know about me, that He knew every decision I had ever made that brought me to this place of feeling so useless, worthless, and broken. I remember feeling His unconditional love for me. I remember how it filled my entire body, and how I wept to experience it, knowing how unworthy of it I was. I remember that He forgave me even though I could not forgive myself. I remember thinking, I don't believe in that God, but I cherished none-the-less the knowledge that God loved me. I remember thinking, there must be something else. I remember looking for that something else for many years. I remember coming to the end of myself, again. I remember crying out to God, that God I did not believe in, for help. I remember that within days I was clean and sober. I remember then turning more intentionally to others for help, and going places where I could listen to people articulate their life's circumstances and their suffering. I remember they spoke of a solution, but I could not hear it. I remember they said, "Keep coming back," so I did. I remember them telling me it gets better, and it has. I remember loving listening to people tell their God stories. I remember coming to believe. I remember that God loved me at my worst, upheld me at my lowest, and directed me when I asked for help, as long as I was willing. I hope the same for you.

I also remember how they spoke of unspeakable joy even in the face of life's challenges. I remember they were able to see themselves clearly yet still laugh at themselves despite their failures. I remember how awed I felt to be in the presence of those who were willing to be so honest, who allowed themselves to be so vulnerable, who were able to say the things I could not, and who seemed to have no need of justifying their existence to others. I remember the fear I had. I remember the crushing, paralyzing weight of guilt and shame that used to burden me. All these things I remember with gratitude to have survived the insanity of my youth. I know I did nothing on my own but run from Him in rebellion and defiance. I thank God for being so long suffering and gracious toward me.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Step 4: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
This last couple of weeks.....emotional as I search myself...see things that I forgot or thought I was over. Fall down, getting up, falling down. I spoke with my wife about going thorough things, her response was she was not there for any of these things and does not feel she has a standing. I will give her that. Magenta, can't help but cry out to God reading your post. Ended up in the VA ER because of a gout attack. I spoke openly with the Dr. we cried together and I have contacts in the VA to call when I need. I know I should be in a physical program with a sponsor. After a fearless moral inventory, so much I am afraid to even write down. God knows, I have started a search of a couple people I need to make amends with. SO much I's afraid to voice to another person face to face. Writing this is hard through tears. I know I am forgiven, I am working at forgiving myself and accepting Gods forgiveness. Cutting out some things online and explaining to these people why, I dumfounded on the backlash I received simply for trying to clean myself up. Those are the people the Bible talks about, reprobate minds, left behind from the Ark. I love the breath of God in the Bible, the study we are doing about ten men of the Bible, should be ten wretched men for all they have done. Yet God still used them! In todays society, I finished a book by Greg Laurie, Johnny Cash, Redemption of an American icon. For any Cash fans, just read it! What an inspiration, I can relate to some of his trials and tribulations, he always came back the the God he knew who loved him. I am now on day 2 w/o a drink. Surprisingly, I'm not shakey.....May God have mercy on my soul, provide me the strength I need, provide me the sight and wisdom to see that strength, one step at a time. Amen

Amen!:)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
th.jpg
"Amen"
"The significance of this prayer over the years has helped
with coping with some life's unexpected challenges...believe it."
"Thank God"

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
SATURDAY, APRIL 9, 2022 - WISDOM - TRUSTING GOD TO MAKE THE RIGHT CALL
Audio for WISDOM - TRUSTING GOD TO MAKE THE RIGHT CALL

When we see those with evil plans prosper, we often wonder why God would allow them to do so. We hear stories about slum landlords who fail to keep their buildings clean and safe and do not seem to care about the well-being of their tenants. God is not pleased when people behave like this. People think that God does not see, but He does, and He will be the righteous judge of the motives and actions of each person.

Do not fret because of evildoers or be envious of the wicked, for the evildoer has no
future hope, and the lamp of the wicked will be snuffed out. (Proverbs 24:19-20 NIV)

Evil actions are the result of lack of care for others. Sometimes we look the other way when someone needs help. The wisdom that Jesus gives is to, “Love the Lord our God with all our heart, soul, and mind, and love our neighbour as ourselves.” Instead of this, we pray and seek to get what is best for us and for our own use. The Bible teaches us to use whatever gifts God gives to do good and share with others and promises that we will reap what we sow. Do we want to reap a harvest of wickedness or a harvest of good?

Don’t say, “I didn’t know it!” God can read your mind. He watches each of us and
knows our thoughts. And God will pay us back for what we do. (Proverbs 24:12 CEV)

Many of us in recovery still suffer from unforgiveness towards those who have harmed us. We do not seem to be able to let go of vengeful thoughts. This causes us to be tied to the painful event like an elephant tied to a stake and we remain restricted by the pain we could easily be freed from. The wise person lets go of their unforgiveness and turns their offenders over to God who is the wisest judge and will take the right action in all situations.

Don’t rejoice when your enemies fall; don’t be happy when they stumble. For the Lord will
be displeased with you and will turn his anger away from them. (Proverbs 24:17-18 NLT)

Prayer: Gracious God, Please fill my heart with Your love and give me the desire to forgive
those who have harmed me. Set me free from all that hinders my new life with You. Amen

©2022 Partners in Hope

Mar 16, 2022
Good afternoon, Shakey :)

I posted this the other day in a different thread and thought to post it again for you...

It was two separate posts :)

I remember feeling like that. I remember knowing that if I had a gun, I may well have put a bullet in my brain to stop the thoughts that endlessly went through it. I remember wondering, and pondering for many years, and agonizing over the meaning of my life: what was it supposed to be? I remember feeling so empty and lost, and not knowing what to do about it. I remember feeling like I should know, how could I not know, why did I not know??? I remember feeling like I had no words to say how I really felt. I remember thinking it would be futile to attempt to do so. I remember endeavoring to run from, forget, and/or dull the pain through drinking, drugging, and relationships. I remember alcohol poisoning, and hospitalizations for drug overdoses. I remember failed relationships. I remember coming to the end of myself. I remember God revealing Himself to me, imparting to me the understanding that He knew everything there was to know about me, that He knew every decision I had ever made that brought me to this place of feeling so useless, worthless, and broken. I remember feeling His unconditional love for me. I remember how it filled my entire body, and how I wept to experience it, knowing how unworthy of it I was. I remember that He forgave me even though I could not forgive myself. I remember thinking, I don't believe in that God, but I cherished none-the-less the knowledge that God loved me. I remember thinking, there must be something else. I remember looking for that something else for many years. I remember coming to the end of myself, again. I remember crying out to God, that God I did not believe in, for help. I remember that within days I was clean and sober. I remember then turning more intentionally to others for help, and going places where I could listen to people articulate their life's circumstances and their suffering. I remember they spoke of a solution, but I could not hear it. I remember they said, "Keep coming back," so I did. I remember them telling me it gets better, and it has. I remember loving listening to people tell their God stories. I remember coming to believe. I remember that God loved me at my worst, upheld me at my lowest, and directed me when I asked for help, as long as I was willing. I hope the same for you.

I also remember how they spoke of unspeakable joy even in the face of life's challenges. I remember they were able to see themselves clearly yet still laugh at themselves despite their failures. I remember how awed I felt to be in the presence of those who were willing to be so honest, who allowed themselves to be so vulnerable, who were able to say the things I could not, and who seemed to have no need of justifying their existence to others. I remember the fear I had. I remember the crushing, paralyzing weight of guilt and shame that used to burden me. All these things I remember with gratitude to have survived the insanity of my youth. I know I did nothing on my own but run from Him in rebellion and defiance. I thank God for being so long suffering and gracious toward me.
Hello All, Hello Magenta,
I printed this and keep it w/me. I relate. Have I done horrible things to others? The only one I have come to is my ex-wife and a person we were in class with. I am searching for that person, and am looking to connect with the X. She's here in town, remarried as am I. What I need to tell her is I am sorry, the stories and fantasies that I built with her led to our demise. I'm sorry, please forgive me. Once I make contact with the other person, sorry I pulled you into something you didn't need to be involved with. Again I pulled two people into this. My wife and I were talking about my struggles (she doesn't want details), I know I need to face things to get through things. I realize that if I put too much stock in this it sometimes takes me back, so I need to look at the positive in God rather that so much in the negative in my past. Yes, some things I need to reconcile, others, I'm forgiven and need to accept that from God and forgive myself. I feel so tired if beating myself up........We are studying Matthew in our 10 men of the Bible. A thief tax collector, what am I? A deviant drunk, who is forgiven!
Abba, Abba, Abba....sometimes that's all I can say........

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 13, 2022 - SEEING IT THROUGH TO COMPLETION
Audio for SEEING IT THROUGH TO COMPLETION

How many of us begin a job and see it through to completion? Some of us who have attempted recovery in the past and failed have a fear of never being able to change our old ways. In the Bible we read of Hezekiah who became King of Judah. He forsook the old ways of the nation under his father and worked to turn the nation back to God. He also made plans to restore the temple of the Lord and scheduled a time to celebrate completion.

Everything he took up, whether it had to do with worship in God’s Temple or the carrying out of God’s Law and Commandments, he did well in a spirit of prayerful worship. He was a great success. (2 Chronicles 31:21 MSG)

If we determine to follow God’s principles, as Hezekiah did, we will find great success in all we do. We set ourselves up for failure when we neglect to seek God’s guidance through prayerful worship and petition and only half-heartedly do those things required of us in our recovery program. When we decisively give our will and life over to the care of God, He gives us a new life and the power to do those things that please Him. We know that life on our own does not lead to a purposeful life, so why not seek to follow God’s principles in all our affairs and allow Him to begin a new work in us?

God is the one who began this good work in you, and I am certain that he won’t
stop before it is complete on the day that Christ Jesus returns. (Philippians 1:6 CEV)

God has promised to be with us on the path ahead and, if we desire to be complete in Him, we need to seek His direction in all that we do. We need to admit that we have defects of character and become willing to allow God to remove them and bring healing and restoration to those places in us that have been wounded.

Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. (2 Corinthians 13:11 NIV)

Prayer: Heavenly Father, My desire is to live the purposeful life You have prepared for me. Please strengthen me by the Power of Your Holy Spirit to stay the course so I can truly be complete in You. Amen

©2022 Partners in Hope

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
THURSDAY, APRIL 21, 2022 - REACTING TO STRESS
Audio for REACTING TO STRESS

Stress has become a universal problem and many medical professionals consider it an underlying cause of numerous health issues. In our personal lives, pressure and stress can come from a variety of sources: family trouble, financial difficulty, job pressure, health issues and other factors.

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God. (2 Corinthians 1:3-4 NIV)

There are many reactions to everyday stresses. Some people try to ignore the problem in the hope that the irritation will go away. Some internalize the pressure seeking to suppress it. Others crumble emotionally, giving way to despair and depression or addictive behaviour.

One of the best responses we can have to stress is to pray. This one seems obvious, but sometimes it’s harder than it seems. Praying requires us to focus on who God is and what God is doing rather than obsessing on the problem.

Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need and thank him for all he has done. (Philippians 4:6 NLT)

God will never permit circumstances to break or shatter us. He knows our limitations and will not allow us to be overloaded beyond what we can bear. Rather, He seeks to use our stressful times as opportunities for us to gain His perspective, lean on His strength, and develop perseverance with which to endure life's ups and downs.

He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless. (Isaiah 40:29 NLT)

Prayer: Loving God, Thank You for always being there. When my life has lots of stressful events and some days feel overwhelming, I invite You to come and strengthen me in the midst of my circumstances. Help me to see things from Your perspective. Help me to rest in Your promise to make a way through each situation, even when I think there is no way. Lord, in stressful times, help me to draw close to You and choose to trust and honour You in everything I do and say. Amen

©2022 Partners in Hope

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
My sobriety calculator time

You have been sober for 22 years, 7 months, and 5 days
Years sober 22
Months sober 271
Weeks sober 1,179
Days sober 8,253

Sober Heartbeats 831,902,400

"Thank You Lord!"

frame-91455_640 - Copy (14) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - C...jpg

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
FRIDAY, MAY 6, 2022 - FRIEND OF SINNERS
Audio for FRIEND OF SINNERS

Probably the most encouraging words that folks who have struggled and fallen need to hear is, that they still have a friend. Over the years many of us have damaged or even gave up on our relationship with family members. When we come into recovery we leave all our "drinking and using buddies" behind, and it takes a while for us to build trust with people we are just getting to know.

Jesus went to great lengths to demonstrate with both His words and actions that He was a friend to those who were sinners and strugglers. His reputation took a hit because of it, but He stayed true to being there for those like us who needed a friend.

The Son of Man goes around eating and drinking, and you say, "That man eats and drinks too much! He is even a friend of tax collectors and sinners."’ Jesus said: "The Son of Man came to seek and save those who are lost." (Matthew 11:19 CEV, Luke 19:10 NLT)

Jesus acted on our behalf long before we were ready to admit our need for His help and His friendship.

Most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone
might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good.

But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. (Romans 5:7-8 NLT)

Romans 5:8
Jesus not only sticks with us, He also helps us. He shows us a way forward that is just perfect for each person.

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11:28-30 NIV)

Matthew 11:28-30
God does not make unrealistic demands on us. He stands ready to strengthen us to deal with the mistakes we have made and continue to make. Our part is to admit that we are sinners in need of a friend and reach out our hand for Him to guide us.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, Before I even knew I needed a friend, You stood ready to be
my friend. Thank You for helping me walk according to Your Word and Your ways. Amen

©2022 Partners in Hope

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
My sobriety calculator time

You have been sober for 22 years, 7 months, and 5 days
Years sober 22
Months sober 271
Weeks sober 1,179
Days sober 8,253

Sober Heartbeats 831,902,400

"Thank You Lord!"

View attachment 239657
June 9th was the day I counted as my clean date for my first eight years :D

That is, after I realized I was to count from my first day clean and not the last day I used :unsure::oops:;):giggle:

THURSDAY, JUNE 9, 2022 - LEARNING FROM OUR MISTAKES
Audio for LEARNING FROM OUR MISTAKES

We all make mistakes but it’s what we do after the mistake that is the measure of who we are as a person.

If you refuse to learn from your mistakes, you will be poor, and no one will respect you.
If you listen when you are criticized, you will be honored. (Proverbs 13:18 ERV)

It is no surprise to God that we make mistakes. His plan for us is not to sit in a corner because
we are fearful of making a mistake. God desires that we limit our mistakes by seeking to know,
and then applying His will in all our affairs. When we do stumble, we need to admit the error
we made and learn from it. God even promises to honour us when we take this route.

The Bible is full of stories of people who made mistakes. God’s people have never been perfect
people. The stories of their mistakes are included in God’s record of human history, not to shame
the individuals, but rather that we might learn from their mistakes and avoid making the same ones.

The things that happened to those people are examples. They were written to be warnings for
us. We live in the time that all those past histories were pointing to. (1 Corinthians 10:11 ERV)

Someone outlined a simple plan for dealing with mistakes that included these
five points: Own it. Apologize. Accept the consequences. Learn from it. Let it go.

Don’t quit your job simply because the boss is angry with you. If you remain
calm and helpful, you can correct even great mistakes. (Ecclesiastes 10:4 ERV)

God made a way for us to deal with our mistakes. Jesus died in our place so
that our sins could be forgiven, and His blood cleanses us from all wrongdoing.

But if we confess our sins, God will forgive us. We can trust God to do this. He always does
what is right. He will make us clean from all the wrong things we have done. (1 John 1:9 ERV)

Prayer: Heavenly Father, help me to work hard and to make as few mistakes as possible by seeking Your
will in all I do. When I do get it wrong, give me the courage to deal with it quickly and let it go. Amen

©2022 Partners in Hope