CRA Christians in Recovery (anonymous)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
SAVE TO SHARE AA - Copy.jpg
"And coming back to the intended hope and purpose of this thread, being that of sharing and witnessing
of our lives that have or are experiencing troublesome or disturbing circumstances that have or are now
affecting our lives in a negative or hopefully a positive outlook.

'Here, I can only hope and pray that we may all find some support and encouragement within these pages.
Life has many challenges, proclaimed Christian or not, life is not meant to be easy.
I have learned the importance of accepting things I cannot change, and to know the
things I can change, and that being myself.'

-'It is important to honestly confront our own personal wellbeing and strive to achieve
our own peace and wellbeing, and most likely this requires a willingness to change.
To harbor resentment, jealousy and anger will never allow the opportunity to know of peace or
a wellbeing, they are not compatible.

'Let us all come to know and learn to activate and put into practice our greatest resource...LOVE."

“I am grateful to be part of a movement with such wonderfully human roots and such an amazingly miraculous
history of character circumstances that over the years has been profoundly instrumental in the lives of
thousands around the world."
'Thank God'

289923421_2122445107916006_402316190086402854_n - Copy.jpg
Friendly.png

P

persistent

“I am grateful to be part of a movement with such wonderfully human roots and such an amazingly miraculous
history of character circumstances that over the years has been profoundly instrumental in the lives of
thousands around the world."
'Thank God'
Amen to this Bingo! We are a difficult bunch to get through to. A scene in the movie scrooged says it all. The angel comes fluttering down and kicks scrooge in the groin then turns to the camera and says, "you got to do that to get their attention". I agree it is miraculous you and I and everyone else on this chat is on here in addition to the AA program. Maybe even technology that makes this possible is miraculous. Einstein noted 'everything' is a miracle. I agree. God created 'everything'. I am hoping Magenta is ok and posts the next lesson. I am a bit concerned and keep her in prayers.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
Amen to this Bingo! We are a difficult bunch to get through to. A scene in the movie scrooged says it all. The angel comes fluttering down and kicks scrooge in the groin then turns to the camera and says, "you got to do that to get their attention". I agree it is miraculous you and I and everyone else on this chat is on here in addition to the AA program. Maybe even technology that makes this possible is miraculous. Einstein noted 'everything' is a miracle. I agree. God created 'everything'. I am hoping Magenta is ok and posts the next lesson. I am a bit concerned and keep her in prayers.
'Thanks for your response.
Was she having problems?

P

persistent

Johnny Cash went to Betty Ford clinic 1983 as recorded on the documentary here. His brother Jack died at age 14 and was troubling event. Any comments? Grief counseling? if of interest to any. 'Tragic" events may play role in lives affected. Maybe should say 'traumatic' events. For myself, sorting things out. If interested, Jack's death is early on recording and mention of 'grief' counseling at 56 minutes.

P

persistent

Now considering the Bible passages where the devil is implicated, does this come in to play in some cases of traumatic events as mentioned in the Johnny Cash documentary posted in previous post? Seems possible. But for most people the 'spiritual' world's existence is not real. Seems that even people who claim to be Christians don't believe in the existence of anything beyond the here and now. This is a difficult subject and after watching JC documentary it seems to implicate deep seated, 'devilish', ideations which impact the lives of those near and 'dear'. When I heard about the Betty Ford clinic in 1989, the supposed position they posited was follow up treatment with AA/NA/? meetings. Don't know if they were Christian. Doubt it. Seems Johnny was troubled to the end.

P

persistent

Several observations here; Drew Barrymore caught my attention some years ago when I saw her advertising her coming talk show. The expression on her face said to me, here is a deeply troubled person. Within the last month I find her story on the web and see that she was an addict early on and is now trying to reconcile with her mother.

I never did try to reconcile with any in my family, at least not in any meaningful way. Seems that with some there is no reconciliation. So, what is the next step to take when reconciliation fails? I am being rhetorical here. And since most of my relatives are deceased, this may seem a bit strange. To me it is 'devils' work that a person would still recall memories that are so distant in time.

Why be occupied with trying to understand events that may have been very significant in one's life but are seemingly only time-wasting thoughts in the present. Or are they? For myself the use of bad behavior may have preceded other crutches. Familial conflict may have been primary cause. The Big Book mentions this and possibly the Bible mentions this as in this verse>>>>>

Ephesians 6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.

The things that are perpetrated by family members is so common that today it is almost the norm. And this verse signifies here>>>

Habakkuk 2:15 ¶ Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken also, that thou mayest look on their nakedness!

To me the word recorded at Habakkuk 2:15 "nakedness" could mean the easy prey one becomes when intoxicated. As there are Bible verses which admonish us to be ever vigilant, the state of intoxication is contrary to this and abominable.

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"And life's journey shall be unique and different for every individual. What I have come to know and learn,
I can only hope I have learned well enough to continue with a spiritual attitude. And there being no words to
describe this awareness...I like it
a lot.

'And I am thankful I have witnessed lives that have found new meaning and purpose through the principles
of the 12-step program. And from all indications, without some form of a spiritual awakening and putting this
into practice in one's own life, many have and will continue to ignore and be in contempt of the principles.
And so, they shall fall back into a darkness with no reprieve. This I have witnessed, and it can be heartbreaking!

'And the Divine words are a great resource, so long as they are put into practice, no more, no less.'
'Praise God'

came to share.jpg tenor9IYMK91O.gif

Ted01

May 14, 2022
I've stated before that I have c-PTSD, and I don't expect everyone to understand what all that entails. One aspect of it is that often times our perception of "life" is a bit skewed. And it helps to find people who have a good grounding in life that we can ask for another perspective. (it's easier said than done).

Anyway, it seems to me as though mainstream people seem to be moving further and further away from reality. It's most bizarre to me.
Examples of this I've seen just reading news items and such.
Reality TV for one... it's nothing like reality.
News media sources that seem to be written by teenaged trolls that we find on the internet. Just out to cause strife. No actual facts in the news anymore. Zero fact-checking, always polarized and divisive.
Relativism is so rampant these days... the idea that "however I see truth, is true for me." And should be accepted and respected.

Non-binary sex/gender identity for instance? That's a big one. Isn't our sex encoded in our genes?

There's a thread in the Bible study section asking, "What is the Gospel?" and nobody is giving their view of the actual Gospel, lol.

I'm just wondering if part of the "End-Time" issues that mankind will face is total psychotic breaks from reality?
I know that sounds absurd... but I'm totally flabbergasted at how strange society is looking to me right now.

Hope you all can just read and laugh... it's all that's left to do.

P

persistent

I've stated before that I have c-PTSD, and I don't expect everyone to understand what all that entails. One aspect of it is that often times our perception of "life" is a bit skewed. And it helps to find people who have a good grounding in life that we can ask for another perspective. (it's easier said than done).

Anyway, it seems to me as though mainstream people seem to be moving further and further away from reality. It's most bizarre to me.
Examples of this I've seen just reading news items and such.
Reality TV for one... it's nothing like reality.
News media sources that seem to be written by teenaged trolls that we find on the internet. Just out to cause strife. No actual facts in the news anymore. Zero fact-checking, always polarized and divisive.
Relativism is so rampant these days... the idea that "however I see truth, is true for me." And should be accepted and respected.

Non-binary sex/gender identity for instance? That's a big one. Isn't our sex encoded in our genes?

There's a thread in the Bible study section asking, "What is the Gospel?" and nobody is giving their view of the actual Gospel, lol.

I'm just wondering if part of the "End-Time" issues that mankind will face is total psychotic breaks from reality?
I know that sounds absurd... but I'm totally flabbergasted at how strange society is looking to me right now.

Hope you all can just read and laugh... it's all that's left to do.
I didn't check to see where in the world you live but here in Chicago we have a very diverse population so the views of people is very diverse too. Watching BBC news now and Rep. J. Raskin is saying democracy is under threat. This in reference to the committee hearing evidence about Jan. 6 Capitol assault.

I personally have talked with people near where I live who claim to be anarchists. There may be a fairly large number of anarchists in the US. I see on the news that some call themselves sovereign citizens. Same thing I would say. My guess is that many people that feel the situation they are in is unique and justifies them in their own viewpoint that a great injustice has been perpetrated on them. These people likely are the sovereign citizen type. I think this is prophesied but can't find verses to support this now.

Plus I have met people here that are very superstitious and the views they have are distorted. Some of my family members were of this type and regular use of alcohol didn't help matters. Alcohol and legal and illegal drugs probably have a bigger impact now than just a short time past. Likely due to marijuana legalization. I tried some a few years ago just to see if it compared with the stuff around in the 1960's. The effect was more like alcohol. Surprised me.

Is there a psychotic break with reality for some? Very few. But the sense of reality is more 'synthesized'. I think the technological innovations today are leading us into a social structure that is likely not conducive to the betterment of mankind or 'animalkind' or 'plantkind'. So you may not even read this, and it is only my distorted view so if you do read it and don't agree shoot me.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2022 - REMAIN STEADY IN UNUSUAL TIMES

Audio for REMAIN STEADY IN UNUSUAL TIMES

How are we to approach this new year with peace and hope? As we watch the review of
the past year on television, we realize how recorded events went far beyond anything we
could have imagined. It is also fair to assume that there will be more unusual days ahead.

This is a time to remember that God is in control and will fulfill His purposes regardless of the
ups and downs of life or other unknown threats that might arise. There is much more going on
in the world than what we see and hear in the daily news. When we call on God in our personal
challenges and crises, we are assured that He will help us and bring about those things He has
promised. Even when people think they have failed to live up to the potential God has for them,
God is unwavering in working out His purposes for those who commit their will and life into His care.

For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood firm. The Lord foils the
plans of the nations; he thwarts the purposes of the peoples. But the plans of the Lord
stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations. (Psalm 33:9-11 NIV)

For us to find peace in this fragile and sometimes frightening world, we must continue to have faith
in God's ultimate control and His ability to bring about His purposes. The invitation to us in this week
between Christmas and the New Year is to reaffirm our trust in God's power to work for good in any
unusual circumstances we may encounter. When God says that we will not be overwhelmed, He means it.
When God says He will make a way where there seems to be no way, He is able to do just that. Our part is to trust Him.

When the storm has swept by, the wicked are gone, but the righteous stand firm forever. (Proverbs 10:25 NIV)

Prayer: Lord Jesus, You truly are the Prince of Peace. During this “in between time,”
come and live in me and strengthen me as I follow You in all my ways. Amen

©2022 Partners in Hope

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I am hoping Magenta is ok and posts the next lesson. I am a bit concerned and keep her in prayers.
'Thanks for your response.
Was she having problems?
My apologies, as I just saw these posts now. Thank you for your care and concern :D

I was hospitalized for 6.5 days at the beginning of this month, and due to the nature of the surgeries I had
as part of my cancer treatment, this problem may persist, though my cancer is gone, for which I am very
grateful to God, Whose timing and providence are impeccable! While hospitalized it is all but impossible
not to notice the great deal of pain and suffering that surrounds us, and also the dysfunction that brings
some of this pain and suffering upon people. All in all I feel very blessed, despite the fact that I could
be hospitalized again for the very same reason as has now happened twice this year. God is good! :D

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
"And life's journey shall be unique and different for every individual. What I have come to know and learn,
I can only hope I have learned well enough to continue with a spiritual attitude. And there being no words to
describe this awareness...I like it
a lot.
I like it a lot too! I was reminded of this fact when I went to a meeting the week after Remembrance Day
for the first time in quite a while. Listening to people share their experience strength and hope puts me
into a head space/heart space that is rarely duplicated elsewhere. That day someone happened to be
celebrating six years of sobriety, and less than a month later, I passed my twelve year milestone :D

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
I like it a lot too! I was reminded of this fact when I went to a meeting the week after Remembrance Day
for the first time in quite a while. Listening to people share their experience strength and hope puts me
into a head space/heart space that is rarely duplicated elsewhere. That day someone happened to be
celebrating six years of sobriety, and less than a month later, I passed my twelve year milestone :D
"Amen" Magenta!
'Thank God' ...This year was Twenty-Three years and each day I Thank God, AA and my sponsor! Believe it!

'And I know tears of gratitude'!

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
"Amen" Magenta!
'Thank God' ...This year was Twenty-Three years and each day I Thank God, AA and my sponsor! Believe it!

'And I know tears of gratitude'!
;)

Bingo

Feb 9, 2019
My apologies, as I just saw these posts now. Thank you for your care and concern :D

I was hospitalized for 6.5 days at the beginning of this month, and due to the nature of the surgeries I had
as part of my cancer treatment, this problem may persist, though my cancer is gone, for which I am very
grateful to God, Whose timing and providence are impeccable! While hospitalized it is all but impossible
not to notice the great deal of pain and suffering that surrounds us, and also the dysfunction that brings
some of this pain and suffering upon people. All in all I feel very blessed, despite the fact that I could
be hospitalized again for the very same reason as has now happened twice this year. God is good! :D
"You're a 'trooper' with no doubt.!"
'I hope and pray for your wellbeing'. tenor9IYMK91O.gif thMYACKUK4 - Copy.jpg download.png

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
FRIDAY, DECEMBER 30, 2022 - THE LONG WAIT
Audio for THE LONG WAIT

How long would we be willing to wait for God to show us the fulfillment of His plans?
God made a promise that he would send someone to free both Anna and her people.
For more than 60 years Anna waited for the fulfillment of the promise. While she waited,
she trusted God and served him. She didn't get angry and complain and give up on God
in frustration. She just did the simple things she knew to do, one day at a time, and waited.

And there was a prophetess, Anna, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was
advanced in years, having lived with her husband seven years from when she was a virgin,
and then as a widow until she was eighty-four. She did not depart from the temple, worshiping
with fasting and prayer night and day. And coming up at that very hour she began to give thanks
to God and to speak of him to all who were waiting for the redemption of Jerusalem. (Luke 2:36-38 ESV)

Personally, we may not know how long we will wait to know the fulfillment of God's plan for our lives. It
probably won’t be sixty years. What we do know is that God's plans are perfect, and God's timing is right.
God wants us to walk with Him and do the ordinary things He has instructed us to do, even in the middle of
difficult circumstances. As we honour God and practice His principles in all our affairs, we will experience the
best life possible. Then we will want to share with others this hope for the future that we are experiencing with God.

The Lord is good to those who depend on him, to those who search for him.
So it is good to wait quietly for salvation from the Lord. (Lamentations 3:25-26 NLT)

As this year comes to an end and we move into the next, let’s focus on today and trust God’s plan and God’s timing for our future.

Prayer: Heavenly Father, I find it hard to wait. Please help me to trust that You will fulfill
Your promises for my future and today, help me to simply do the next right thing. Amen

©2022 Partners in Hope