Craftalicious

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
ha ha ha I love coining new words!
I am into a LOT of crafting... crochet, loom knitting, quilling, and yes, quilting, painting (oil, water, you name it)... anything to keep my hands busy. Here is a little something I made over the past few days. It's a "fairy godmother" clock. lol it's just outside the "high victorian plantation house" It's not quite done, I guess... I forgot to add the shelves and plants. lol

fairy clock.jpg

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
ha ha ha I love coining new words!
I am into a LOT of crafting... crochet, loom knitting, quilling, and yes, quilting, painting (oil, water, you name it)... anything to keep my hands busy. Here is a little something I made over the past few days. It's a "fairy godmother" clock. lol it's just outside the "high victorian plantation house" It's not quite done, I guess... I forgot to add the shelves and plants. lol

View attachment 226947
That's pretty neat. 😀

I love to quilt. Used to do it all the time. It's been difficult the last few years. Kids keep me too busy.

I used to do a lot of crocheting, too. But until my tendonitis heals, I can't handle a hook. ☹

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
That's pretty neat. 😀

Kids keep me too busy.

I used to do a lot of crocheting, too. But until my tendonitis heals, I can't handle a hook. ☹
I had a "boatload" of kids (8 plus all the neighbor kids). I got them all involved with everything I did. They learn that way.

Have you tried aspercream with lidocane lotion? I have a broken elbow (yea the bone) and I use that. it takes the pain away real quick, fast and in a hurry! :D Hubby uses it on his arthritic hands too.

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
I love cheesecake. But since I can't eat it anymore, I make it for my kids and grands. Does anyone have a special recipe you love? Mine is just very simple... It's the toppings that get complicated! HA HA HA HA HA

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
I had a "boatload" of kids (8 plus all the neighbor kids). I got them all involved with everything I did. They learn that way.

Have you tried aspercream with lidocane lotion? I have a broken elbow (yea the bone) and I use that. it takes the pain away real quick, fast and in a hurry! :D Hubby uses it on his arthritic hands too.
Doc told me to use some arthritis cream but it didn't help. I'll look into the aspercream. Thanks for the info.

I taught my eldest how to sew, stitch, and crochet but the younger kids aren't catching on as quickly. Especially my one daughter who's a leftie. We also have 8 kids. 😁

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
qulling?
what is that?
Im thinking of making a makerspace in my library for the future for my children at school and wondering what are some crafts we could do that dont make too much of a mess and are easy materials to find.

I used to have a box at home when I was a child I called a JSE box (stood for Jemima show equipment..ha long story) and i would just stick random stuff in there like stickers and paper and card I found and just make stuff. I liked origami and drawing and would make cartoons and zines.

Im trying to get craft books that are easy to follow that are inspiring too. I learned to knit and crochet from my mum and grandma but im a bit hopeless at sewing.
one thing I noticed thats quite popular in stores is diamond art..sort of like crosstich or tapestry but done with little stickers?

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
qulling?
what is that?
Im thinking of making a makerspace in my library for the future for my children at school and wondering what are some crafts we could do that dont make too much of a mess and are easy materials to find.

I used to have a box at home when I was a child I called a JSE box (stood for Jemima show equipment..ha long story) and i would just stick random stuff in there like stickers and paper and card I found and just make stuff. I liked origami and drawing and would make cartoons and zines.

Im trying to get craft books that are easy to follow that are inspiring too. I learned to knit and crochet from my mum and grandma but im a bit hopeless at sewing.
one thing I noticed thats quite popular in stores is diamond art..sort of like crosstich or tapestry but done with little stickers?
Those diamond art kits look neat. I wanted to get one or two for my kids but they were too expensive.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I love cheesecake. But since I can't eat it anymore, I make it for my kids and grands. Does anyone have a special recipe you love? Mine is just very simple... It's the toppings that get complicated! HA HA HA HA HA
The cheese cake I have made again and again for special occasions (used to be a Christmas
fave) was a white chocolate cheesecake. The recipe calls for a kilogram of cream cheese
(four 250 gram packages brought to room temp.), a half pound of butter (also room temp.
or melted), four eggs, and 12-16 ounces of white chocolate, also melted. The recipe also
included sugar, but very little - or even none - is required with all the white chocolate.
After blending all the ingredients thoroughly, it is baked in a spring-form pan for 30
minutes only at 350* F, and will look loose when removed from the oven. This cake
requires a full 24 hour refrigerated cooling before removing from the pan. The cream
cheese mix is added to a cookie crumble base that you bake for 10 minutes while
mixing the other ingredients. Often a graham cracker base is called for, but I would
instead crush shortbread cookies and chocolate wafers to make a chocolate base for
the chocolate cheese cake :D The cake is quite heavy and the base is very solid once
the crumbled cookies are mixed with a bit of butter, a bit of extra sugar, and baked.

I would top this cake with a sour cream and dark chocolate mixture over top of fresh raspberries :D

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
qulling?
what is that?

Q U I L L I N G = A Paper craft using special tools to curl strips of paper into rolls and fillagree to make 3D pictures and items. I tried to attach some pictures, but those "files are too large"... I'll post some in a bit.

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
The cheese cake I have made again and again for special occasions (used to be a Christmas fave) was a white chocolate cheesecake.

I would top this cake with a sour cream and dark chocolate mixture over top of fresh raspberries :D
As my hubby would say, "SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!" he loves dark chocolate!! lol

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
Those diamond art kits look neat. I wanted to get one or two for my kids but they were too expensive.
I've not heard of that. Something else for me to look into. lol
I'm mostly into quilling (not quilting, although I have made a few of those too), and painting and drawing (not as much tho lol)

YWPMI

Mar 31, 2021
Midwest, USA
www.YWPMI.com
here's the high victorian house I "built". I kept the fireplace off so I could work inside. Yep. Cardboard, small dowels, paper and those plastic bits that came off my pain patch (for the windows). lol. Hey, whatever works, right? ha ha ha

Attachments