Creation of universe

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
Bill knows you cannot prove nor disprove God based upon worldly knowledge.
This is exactly right. Science is not at odds with God; science just doesn't concern itself with God. Science is a method for coming to understand the physical world, but it is not concerned in the slightest with the supernatural world. One can do science as a theist or as an atheist, and if one maintains fidelity to the scientific model, it will not have the slightest effect upon the results.

Since God created the natural world, I don't think He has a problem with us investigating it and trying to understand it through the scientific method. But problems arise when "scientists" start making things up to fit their preconceived agenda--and unfortunately, it seems that this happens most often on the theist's side. Like St. Augustine, I think this is a bad look for Christians, when they are caught in falsehoods either due to ignorance or outright deception.

I remember being impressed by a kid by the story about NASA trying to account for every day in history, and finding the "lost day" in Joshua, along with another missing 40 minutes that was explained by God turning back the sun 10 degrees in 2 Kings--only to be disappointed when I found out that someone had just made the whole thing up.

NASA Discovers a Lost Day in Time

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
Trust me when I tell you....a Christian endowed with the latest data could absolutely wreck the atheists, evolutionists and old earth standard model crowd. Wreck. WRECK!
I could post hundreds of links. Hundreds......
Trust you when you tell us?

LOL!

No, I think I'm going to need more than your say-so to accept that a Christian armed with Google could turn some of the most widely accepted principles in science on their heads. If they could, they would have done so already, and received countless Nobel Prizes for scientific advancements.

And links to Christians telling us that their goofy interpretations are correct on YouTube? Nope, sorry, that's not proof. Provide peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals, observations consistent with hypotheses, and replicable results--or just admit that you can't, and slowly walk away.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Trust you when you tell us?

LOL!

No, I think I'm going to need more than your say-so to accept that a Christian armed with Google could turn some of the most widely accepted principles in science on their heads. If they could, they would have done so already, and received countless Nobel Prizes for scientific advancements.

And links to Christians telling us that their goofy interpretations are correct on YouTube? Nope, sorry, that's not proof. Provide peer-reviewed articles in scientific journals, observations consistent with hypotheses, and replicable results--or just admit that you can't, and slowly walk away.
Well genius..... you're on your own. Rots of ruck and happy landings. You like Alice Cooper and believe Standard Model cosmology? Trust me you're going to need it. As for my links I posted, they are merely a miniscule thimble-full in a sea of what I could contribute. They are merely a hint of what you cannot begin to fathom.

BTW....you are wrong. Dead wrong. Batting zero wrong. Oleg Jefimenko
says so. Go ahead and find out for yourself....

Electromagnetic Retardation and Theory of Relativity: New Chapters in the Classical Theory of Fields

https://g.co/kgs/eCBxu3

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
Only ONE PROBLEM!! In over 150 years of observation using the microscope, Single Cell HAS NEVER, on its own natural process, split or divided to become a new species. Single Cell is how plants became fish, fish became, crawling animals, crawling animals into reptiles, amphibians, and primates, eventually leading us to humanity. And still, in 150+ years observing Singe Cell, in over a BILLION species of Single Cell observed, not a single one EVOLVED into a new species.
The difficulty of moving from single-celled organisms to multicellular organisms has been overcome in this decade:

2012: Scientists Observe Single Cells Becoming Multicellular

2014: From Single Cells to Multicellular Life

2019: Scientists Watch Single-Cell Algae Evolve into Multicellular Life

The REAL hurdle, though--the thing I don't think that science will ever be able to explain, and the thing for which God seems to be inescapably required--is the question of how inanimate matter can somehow come to life. No observation of any inanimate matter anywhere, at any time, has suggested how something that is not alive can become alive.

Biblically, God is the source for spirit, the force that makes inanimate matter alive: "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." --Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

When something living dies, its spirit returns to its source--God: "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." --Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV)

So spirit is the force of life, and it is basically "on loan" from God while a creature is alive, making that creature alive until it dies, and then spirit returns to God.

Since science does not concern itself with supernatural matters like spirit and God, I have a hard time conceiving how science will be able to replicate spirit in the laboratory, so I will be really surprised if science is ever able to discover how to make inanimate matter alive.

I guess we shall see...

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
BTW....you are wrong. Dead wrong. Batting zero wrong. Oleg Jefimenko
says so.
Oh, well if Oleg Jefimenko says that I'm wrong, then I must be wrong. Why did you let me go on this long without mentioning that Oleg Jefimenko said that I was wrong?

Now I feel so foolish...

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The difficulty of moving from single-celled organisms to multicellular organisms has been overcome in this decade:

The REAL hurdle, though--the thing I don't think that science will ever be able to explain, and the thing for which God seems to be inescapably required--is the question of how inanimate matter can somehow come to life. No observation of any inanimate matter anywhere, at any time, has suggested how something that is not alive can become alive.

Biblically, God is the source for spirit, the force that makes inanimate matter alive: "And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." --Genesis 2:7 (KJV)

When something living dies, its spirit returns to its source--God: "Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it." --Ecclesiastes 12:7 (KJV)

So spirit is the force of life, and it is basically "on loan" from God while a creature is alive, making that creature alive until it dies, and then spirit returns to God.

Since science does not concern itself with supernatural matters like spirit and God, I have a hard time conceiving how science will be able to replicate spirit in the laboratory, so I will be really surprised if science is ever able to discover how to make inanimate matter alive.

I guess we shall see...
Laughably naive.
Get a clue....

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Oh, well if Oleg Jefimenko says that I'm wrong, then I must be wrong. Why did you let me go on this long without mentioning that Oleg Jefimenko said that I was wrong?

Now I feel so foolish...
Not nearly foolish enough buddy.
Fortunately and against all odds you have been given opportunity to escape the stygian pit of intractable ignorance....

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
Laughably naive.
Get a clue....
I guess you and I have different ideas as to which is more laughable--peer-reviewed articles published in scientific journals, or chicks with YouTube videos.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
BTW....mountain ranges can be formed....and destroyed....in a few weeks. Less under certain circumstances. Extremely rapid and devastating Catastrophism is the real mover and shaker in geology and paleontology. Get a clue.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I guess you and I have different ideas as to which is more laughable--peer-reviewed articles published in scientific journals, or chicks with YouTube videos.
Ideas? You have ideas you say? Lol. Still waiting.....

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019
GENESIS 2
1 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.
Thanks. What did God do on the eighth day?

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
BTW....mountain ranges can be formed....and destroyed....in a few weeks. Less under certain circumstances. Extremely rapid and devastating Catastrophism is the real mover and shaker in geology and paleontology. Get a clue.
In a few weeks??? Wha...?

Here's an article from 2006 where scientists discovered that previously unsuspected processes could cause mountain ranges to form over incredibly short time spans as little as... two million years.

Mountain Ranges Rise Dramatically Faster Than Expected

None of which changes the fact that the Himalayan mountains are like 50 million years old, of course.

I'm really starting to feel embarrassed for you now...

obedienttogod

Jan 3, 2019

I guess we shall see...

Yes, I knew about the plant cells dividing. But science has been forcing (playing God in biology ever since they coined the theory, Singularity). These plants have ZERO chance in ever cross breading since they are not native to one another. Science has brought the impossible (they would never cross paths naturally) together, made a big song and dance, and we are suppose to take it like they just did not yank the rug we were standing on from underneath us.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Here's an article from 2006 where scientists discovered that previously unsuspected processes could cause mountain ranges to form over incredibly short time spans as little as... two million years.

None of which changes the fact that the Himalayan mountains are like 50 million years old, of course.

Lol. One astute theorist has the entire Himalayan plateau uplifted during the flood. For very...very...good reasons. No other theory is remotely as satisfactory.

Y'all need to get around a litle.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Thanks. What did God do on the eighth day?
He raised up a New Creation at the resurrection of Christ. The first day of the week is also the eighth day. And all Christians were raised up together with Christ to walk in newness of life: Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. (Rom 6:4)

It is significant in this context that the circumcision of Hebrew children was to be on the eighth day. There are also physiological reasons why the eighth day was selected by God, but the meaning is a new heart and a new spirit. Thus Paul says: For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God. (Rom 2:28,29)

Nebuchadnezzer

Feb 8, 2019

2 Timothy 2:24

And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018

Here you go man. Edumacate yourself. All galactic spin axes are aligned with the Birkland plasma filaments per the SDSS and LTA. Bye bye Standard Model. Hilarious. Oh how could they be sooooo wrong. I will leave the peer review to you genius....

Plus a free bonus video!

AxeElf

Mar 5, 2019
Lol. One astute theorist has the entire Himalayan plateau uplifted during the flood. For very...very...good reasons. No other theory is remotely as satisfactory.

Y'all need to get around a litle.
I sit here reading the things you write, and I just find myself in utter disbelief that an adult human being is writing them.

"ONE astute theorist" has overturned what every other earth scientist (and most casual observers) know to be true?

I think it's best if I just dismiss you from further academic discussions at this point.

Have a good one!

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I sit here reading the things you write, and I just find myself in utter disbelief that an adult human being is writing them.

"ONE astute theorist" has overturned what every other earth scientist (and most casual observers) know to be true?

I think it's best if I just dismiss you from further academic discussions at this point.

Have a good one!
"know to be true?"
Why. Were they there? Were you there?
Your position is untenable. And hilariously obsolete. And misinformed. And vacuous. The trifling data I set forth would take an inquiring mind weeks and months to ponder. For starters.

I will leave you with no further intellectual burdens and allow you the comforting embrace of KISS and Alice Cooper where you can forget all of this unpleasantness.