Creation Week

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

NightTwister

Jul 5, 2023
Colorado, USA
Do you believe in the gifts of the Spirit still apply??

Or Matthew 7:7 7 “Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.
There is nothing hidden in the gifts of the Spirit. Everything we need to know has been revealed in His Word.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Raised on Sunday on that Passover weekend Jesus was crucified.. But keep in mind Passover is not on a friday every year as the churches protray it. Sad thing the churches celebrate every year on a Sunday (Easter) when it should be called Feast of First Fruits and Passover I think can be any day of the week like this year on April 23th. Churches celebrate it first Sunday after the spring equinox when the Passover should be celebrated on full moon after the spring equinox. Think years with a hebrew extra month it is 2 full moons past the spring equinox like this year.
"Easter" is not the first Sunday after the Spring Equinox, but the first Sunday following the first full moon following the Vernal Equinox. Some years it is very close to Passover, which as you say can be on any day of the week. It is confusing when you speak in two different manners in the same sentence. If Jesus was crucified on the 6th day and then raised on the 7th day, that is not 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the Earth as Jesus said.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
"Easter" is not the first Sunday after the Spring Equinox, but the first Sunday following the first full moon following the Vernal Equinox. Some years it is very close to Passover, which as you say can be on any day of the week. It is confusing when you speak in two different manners in the same sentence. If Jesus was crucified on the 6th day and then raised on the 7th day, that is not 3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the Earth as Jesus said.
I didnt say the Lord was raised on Saturday but Sunday the 1st day of the week and yes you are correct but the scriptures do not say 1st Sunday following full moon either

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I didnt say the Lord was raised on Saturday but Sunday the 1st day of the week and yes you are correct but the scriptures do not say 1st Sunday following full moon either
I did not say you said the Lord was raised on Saturday. I said it was confusing for you to speak in two different manners in the same sentence, sixth say, Sunday, why not keep it to one or the other? Doesn't matter that Scripture does not say it is not first Sunday following the first full moon following the vernal equinox. What you said was wrong, as "Easter" is not the first Sunday following the spring equinox. You did not address the discrepancy in number of days. If Jesus was crucified on the sixth day and raised on the first, it does not add up to three days and three nights. How do you account for that given that Jesus said He would be in the heart of the earth for that long?

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
I did not say you said the Lord was raised on Saturday. I said it was confusing for you to speak in two different manners in the same sentence, sixth say, Sunday, why not keep it to one or the other? Doesn't matter that Scripture does not say it is not first Sunday following the first full moon following the vernal equinox. What you said was wrong, as "Easter" is not the first Sunday following the spring equinox. You did not address the discrepancy in number of days. If Jesus was crucified on the sixth day and raised on the first, it does not add up to three days and three nights. How do you account for that given that Jesus said He would be in the heart of the earth for that long?
=============
Was in a rush all day--my apology

Dont have an answer why not 3 full days and nights

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
There is nothing hidden in the gifts of the Spirit. Everything we need to know has been revealed in His Word.
Including that God speaks to us directly, Spirit to spirit.

If there's continuing new revelation, how does one know if it's really from God or not?
How did you know when your grandfather was speaking to you?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What week of the year did creation take place?
the Jewish tradition has long been that Rosh Hoshana marks the day of creation.

while Jewish tradition is of course simply that, tradition - and the NT is rich with warnings about traditions of men, we should not callously discard the traditions of the Wife of the LORD without understanding where they came from.

the rabbis did not pull things out of thin air, without any justification, but from interpretation of scripture - while they may be wrong, they are worth paying attention to and searching out what truth there may be to them.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
the Jewish tradition has long been that Rosh Hoshana marks the day of creation.

while Jewish tradition is of course simply that, tradition - and the NT is rich with warnings about traditions of men, we should not callously discard the traditions of the Wife of the LORD without understanding where they came from.

the rabbis did not pull things out of thin air, without any justification, but from interpretation of scripture - while they may be wrong, they are worth paying attention to and searching out what truth there may be to them.
Yes they do say it is the beginning of the year but it wasn't always so. Lord told them the beginning of the year was the month of Passover.

2 “This month shall be for you the beginning of months; it shall be the first month of the year for you. 3 Tell all the congregation of Israel that on the tenth day of this month they shall take every man a lamb according to their fathers’ houses, a lamb for a household; 4 and if the household is too small for a lamb, then a man and his neighbor next to his house shall take according to the number of persons; according to what each can eat you shall make your count for the lamb. 5 Your lamb shall be without blemish, a male a year old; you shall take it from the sheep or from the goats; 6 and you shall keep it until the fourteenth day of this month, when the whole assembly of the congregation of Israel shall kill their lambs in the evening.[a] 7 Then they shall take some of the blood, and put it on the two doorposts and the lintel of the houses in which they eat them. Exodus 12

Began at Passover when they left Egypt

FollowerofShiloh

Jan 24, 2024
What week of the year did creation take place?
Are your calculations by subtracting when you think the 6,000 year mark takes place (50th Jubilee) + taking into consideration Adam is a representation of Christ being in the Garden 33+ years + including Passover/First Fruits/Pentecost?

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Are your calculations by subtracting when you think the 6,000 year mark takes place (50th Jubilee) + taking into consideration Adam is a representation of Christ being in the Garden 33+ years + including Passover/First Fruits/Pentecost?
I have some problems following your post but my studies are based on time from Adam ( for accuracy ), and are based on 6000 years. Many jewish traditions are based on removing Christ. They even changed a few scriptures so you wouldn't know the Jesus was born and died on Passover. My studies showed me this but I get stoned for bringing this up

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
When I started to ponder about time--especially Gen 5 which starts out with Adam and bore Seth at 130 years of age ( generational line) and died 930 years old. One thing missing with all the general line of patriarchs. No months or days given when they were born or died. Many years later I found out it was because every one of them were born and died on the same day-on Passover with Christ being the 77th generation.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
How do we know it's God speaking directly to us, and not the bad burrito I had last night?

When his lips were moving.
:D

Right?!

I was thinking over the phone. You knew his voice. Same with our spirits: we know the voice of the Lord. Whatever is spoken will be consistent with what is written in scripture. He will not contradict Himself.

For the young, they need someone in their lives who has followed the Lord and can discern His voice. His wisdom will help the young believer know whether or not he is hearing the voice of the Lord.

Omegatime

Apr 29, 2023
Pennsylvania
Did you know Rabbinic counting today is only 210 years in Egypt ( Exodus 12 )when all english bibles say 430 years and they wrote it. This year I think is 5783. No christian scholar matches their view. If we add those 210 years it would be year 5994 and they are back in the ballpark. But the story is much deeper then you can imagine.

Aaron56

Jul 12, 2021
So we've come full circle. If it's what's already in scripture, then there is no "hidden knowledge."
What job to take. What to name your children. Whether or not to go to an area. Who to approach or to avoid. Who should be sent or who should be retained.

Ironic that the box churches push a “personal relationship with Jesus” but Sola Scriptura forbids Him to give personal direction to anyone when the Bible is filled with personal direction given to people by the Holy Spirit.

Love actually requires personal direction by the Spirit. Jesus said “Love one another as I have loved you.” This was before the cross. His love was characterized by doing “what He saw His Father doing”. This is the first expression of “giving His life up for our sake.” So, if we are to love like Him, we also must know what the Father is doing in the moment so we may call Zachius from the tree, go to where we are sent, walk into or away from the crowds, lay hands upon whom the Father shows us, etc., etc.

Sola Scriptura is why, in these last days, the love of most grows cold. Believers don’t know how to hear from their Father.