Criss Angel & David Blain

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

flight316

These two men are very unique in what they do. I don't see any one else that are on the same level as these guys. What's up with these guys. What are they really doing if anything? Why is it that what they do is so unique. Why aren't there more people that do what they do? Is there any thing wrong with what they do? Is it dark or evil or harmless?so what is your opinion of David Blain and Criss Angel?

alexis

Banned by Admin Team (verified fraud)
Dec 5, 2013
These two men are very unique in what they do. I don't see any one else that are on the same level as these guys. What's up with these guys. What are they really doing if anything? Why is it that what they do is so unique. Why aren't there more people that do what they do? Is there any thing wrong with what they do? Is it dark or evil or harmless?so what is your opinion of David Blain and Criss Angel?
Can you briefly tell me what they do? I ask cause I want to google them but want to make sure they are people that it is appropriate for someone my age to google.

Thank you,
lexi

starfield

Jun 13, 2009
Criss Angel and David Blaine are professional American illusionists. Criss was the creator of the show Criss Angel Mindfreak. While the bible warns against occultism and idolatry, I don't think simple card tricks and endurance tests fall under those categories. As long as one is not summoning evil spirits and performing those feats under the influence of dark powers, it's all good.:) However, I must say, it's very disrespectful that Criss imitated Jesus by "walking on water". He was obviously questioning the authenticity of Jesus' miracle; then again that's typical behaviour of non-believers.

L

lav

i don't feel, think, or believe what they do is good, righteous or acceptable.

alexis

Banned by Admin Team (verified fraud)
Dec 5, 2013
Yeah that's tricky... I think entertainment is fine if it's clearly just entertainment. It's not really magic its slide of hand and illusion. Like card tricks and stuff I mean.

I don't know these two guys so can't really say..

I know like David Coperfield did some cool tricks.

If mocking God by faking walking on water that's not okay. But if it was not intended to mock Christ that's kinda different.
Hmmm I don't know but this is a cool topic!
Please on this subject no one judge me, I don't really know if it's okay. If I need correcting do s gently. I've never seen or heard of either of these guys.

Coool thread!

Nov 20, 2003
I think Criss is a jerk. But that's because Clay and I used to be friends with the egomaniac.

J

jimmydiggs

I don't even bother with it. If you're enthralled with God, you shouldn't have time for junk. These people thrive on providing junk to the masses to consume.

To improve upon Marx,

Entertainment is the opium of the masses.

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
I haven't thought about Criss Angel in years. When I was younger, I thought he was attractive, but I recall that I heard something about occultism in his work, and that changed things from me. I stopped watching any of the things he did at that point. I wish I could remember what, exactly, I'd heard, but, yeah, so are the ravages of time. :)

U

Ugly

Criss Angel has spent the past few years as a Vegas act. And also did a show in Vegas with Cirque du Soleil. Now i believe he has a new TV show that started airing in the past few weeks.
Not sure about Blaine as i've only learned of him in recent years.

Its all high end parlor tricks. So nothing inherently bad about it. The mind is incredibly simple to trick. Doesn't take as much as you might think to pull tricks off on people. Just have to know the science and psychology behind it. Add some flare and the right personality and you can do it. But like any profession there are the few who are exceptional at it. And with many of the secrets so closely guarded, this is likely why you don't see more.

SparkleEyes

Mar 23, 2013
Chriss Angel scares me and I don;t scare easily. :(

S

StephenH

I have never cared for any of them - Criss "Angel" even less since he uses disabled people to do a lot of his tricks, such as pulling a woman in half, he uses a woman who had to have the bottom half of her body amputated.

Taking advantage of those folk even with their consent (and they're getting paid) is wrong, imho.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
These guys are just entertainers.
As far as I know, they don't claim to be anything more than entertainers.
If they aren't claiming any supernatural powers,
then what they're doing isn't any big deal, and should be a problem for Christians.

There are thousands and thousands of other stage magicians around the world,
many of whom are just as good as these guys.
I don't think these guys are particularly great,
but they are probably particularly good at business and marketing.

I don't see anything unique or special about them at all.
I also don't see anything they're doing is unbiblical.

They're just stage magicians... entertainers.

T

Tintin

Never heard of these guys but I don't believe there's anything wrong with illusionists. It's very different to the world of the occult.

T

Tintin

I don't even bother with it. If you're enthralled with God, you shouldn't have time for junk. These people thrive on providing junk to the masses to consume.

To improve upon Marx,

Entertainment is the opium of the masses.
So, Jimmy, you're totally against any type of entertainment? Sure, it's not good if your life is governed by such things but that's not everything entertainment entails.