cult mentality

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
I used to attend an adult Sunday school class titled "Kingdom of the Cults" Dr. Walter Martin thd. The title was more of a tease because the U.S.A. fits the definition well and, so it drew alot of conspiracy theorists to fill the room. The class was really about mainly, how to identify a cult and what to do if a loved one gets involved with one, not becomes a cult member but rather comes under its influence. The first things that come to my mind now days are, Jonestown, Waco, The children of God sex cult, Mooneys and to a lesser extent, Scientologists, RCC, JWs and LDS. Not all cults conscern themselves with spiritual or pseudo spiritual matters. The key elements are,A; they try and convince their victims [subjects] that their way of thinking, is the only 'right way' to think B; they try and segregate their victims from the majority then C; the brainwashing can start. Aside from the popular definitions of cults, there many others. Drug cults, motorcycle cults, music cults, the Nazis are a cult. If all of the news they listen to is RT or Al Jazeera and all the political advice someone accepts comes from Richard Wolf or Noam Chomsky he/she, they may be under the influence of a cult. Note; I'm just talking about those who have segregated unto others that all think the same, listen to the same rhetoric and THINK they worship the same God. That' called BRAINWASHING, weather it comes from Cheech& Chong or Fox news.

abcdef

Mar 30, 2016
I used to attend an adult Sunday school class titled "Kingdom of the Cults" Dr. Walter Martin thd. The title was more of a tease because the U.S.A. fits the definition well and, so it drew alot of conspiracy theorists to fill the room. The class was really about mainly, how to identify a cult and what to do if a loved one gets involved with one, not becomes a cult member but rather comes under its influence. The first things that come to my mind now days are, Jonestown, Waco, The children of God sex cult, Mooneys and to a lesser extent, Scientologists, RCC, JWs and LDS. Not all cults conscern themselves with spiritual or pseudo spiritual matters. The key elements are,A; they try and convince their victims [subjects] that their way of thinking, is the only 'right way' to think B; they try and segregate their victims from the majority then C; the brainwashing can start. Aside from the popular definitions of cults, there many others. Drug cults, motorcycle cults, music cults, the Nazis are a cult. If all of the news they listen to is RT or Al Jazeera and all the political advice someone accepts comes from Richard Wolf or Noam Chomsky he/she, they may be under the influence of a cult. Note; I'm just talking about those who have segregated unto others that all think the same, listen to the same rhetoric and THINK they worship the same God. That' called BRAINWASHING, weather it comes from Cheech& Chong or Fox news.
The Trump cult is gaining power through lies, fear, and hate.

No real Christian would follow Trump, only "fake Christians"

Real Christians follow Jesus and the ways of love, justice, and truth.

Only the devil spirits delight in the lies of Trump.

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016

I assume you think Hillary is more "righteous" than Trump? At least Trump isn't in favor of killing babies before they are born. Hillary is. Would you have her in office instead?

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
There are people on site. that are influenced by Cultic doctrines without even realizing it. Watching Rt or Al Jazeera are not signs of a cultist. those channels often have news reports that are ignored by the rest of the ''approved channels'' in the UK at least. The BBC
and ITV channels tend to focus on home news and Sky appears to only broadcast sport

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
i not criticizing people for watching RT or Al Jazeera i criticize people for ONLY watching programing 'them' and none others. Excluding all others might challenge one's prefered bias toward this or against that. The term is called bias conformation or conditioning. By aligning ones self in lock step with a political, religious, or idealogical point of view or worse yet leader. This is the trap of which i speak.

There are many more that i have not mentioned like Nazis or Hell's Angels or in this country, the Nation of Islam. Maybe even Harley Davidson Owners Group, [they call themselves H.O.G.s, really]. This list could go on untill it reads like a terms and conditions contract for some kind of internet service. That's not the point. Even Jesus tollerated the Devil himself for a while. This type of mindset is real and those who fall into it can become quite dangerous.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
There are people on site. that are influenced by Cultic doctrines without even realizing it. Watching Rt or Al Jazeera are not signs of a cultist. those channels often have news reports that are ignored by the rest of the ''approved channels'' in the UK at least. The BBC
and ITV channels tend to focus on home news and Sky appears to only broadcast sport
I even worket at H.O.G.s wedding ceremony once.

Jun 24, 2018

Christians are not happy with Trump's non-Christian antics. However, Trump is the "best friend" Christians have had in the White House in a very, very long time. And, the never-Trump Republicans who would have had Hillary win by default are not followers of Christ, but are his enemy. Hillary has all but openly declared war on Christians.

If Hillary had won, the Liberals would have had five votes on the Supreme Court, nullifying the Constitution and outlawing Christianity, in substance.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
Christians are not happy with Trump's non-Christian antics. However, Trump is the "best friend" Christians have had in the White House in a very, very long time. And, the never-Trump Republicans who would have had Hillary win by default are not followers of Christ, but are his enemy. Hillary has all but openly declared war on Christians.

If Hillary had won, the Liberals would have had five votes on the Supreme Court, nullifying the Constitution and outlawing Christianity, in substance.
democrats now holding office are not really liberals at all. hillary would have been a disaster too. i will not choose bad over worse but vote how you like.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Really? So you would rather support Anarchists, criminals and evildoers as a Christian instead of Trump? Looks the extreme Left-Liberal brainwashing has taken you captive. This is similar to calling for the release of Barabbas who should have remained behind bars. "Lock Her Up" was appropriate for Crooked Hillary.

Jun 24, 2018
i will not choose bad over worse but vote how you like.
If you don't choose bad over worse, then by default, you're choosing worse.

Democrats holding office are liberals, at least in the modern and common meaning of "liberal".

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
to me liberalism mean in favor of change. and conservatives favor the status quo both seem to me are mostly capitolist favoring which ever stance puts the money in their pockets. i would rather vote for ross perot at leas he was honest about it.

calibob

Sinner saved by grace
May 29, 2018
Anaheim, Cali.
i don't for see a perfect world in this life. in fact that would make god a liar. i see the end is comming, maybe soon and the nations will be judged accordingly and our votes won't change the outcome, at all. choosing evil over evil is still choosing evil.