CULT WATCH FORUM

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 2, 2011
A

AgeofKnowledge

Given that several long-term members are members of cults and sects here at CC, I doubt your idea is going to go anywhere. But thanks for sharing.

Cheekygrin

Jan 25, 2011
Cult leader looking for followers. Please contact me for further information and directions to the brainwashing center :D

U

Ugly

I can see this being more of a 'debate' forum as people will disagree what qualifies as a cult or false teaching. Bible forum is already filled with those debates, no need to make another place to argue about it. My take on it, at least.

May 2, 2011
I can see this being more of a 'debate' forum as people will disagree what qualifies as a cult or false teaching. Bible forum is already filled with those debates, no need to make another place to argue about it. My take on it, at least.

That's sort of the point! Bible Discussion Forum should be primarily for Bible Discussion. A
separate Forum for "Cult Watch" (call it what you will), would help move a lot of that
traffic to a separate forum area, just like RECIPES and SUGGESTIONS are their own
forums.

As to Members already being linked to a cult, that is fine too, they can post to the forum
and discuss and debate their beliefs, or try to confuse and deceive.

Given the numerous specialty web sites that relate to CULTS and CULT WATCH, and the
number of active cults and heretics, and the current numerous Threads AND Posts
relating to cults in the Bible Discussion Forum, I believe it would be valuable to segregate
the major traffic relating to Cults and Heresies out of the BIBLE DISCUSSION forum and
give them their own home.
This frees the Bible Discussion Forum for topics related to
Doctrines and Scripture, and yes, still about various Religions and Beliefs.

See the Thread in Bible Discussion Forum on this site:
IS CHRISTIAN CHAT A CULT WATCH WEB SITE?
Link -->> http://christianchat.com/bible-discu...-web-site.html

Aug 18, 2011
Given that several long-term members are members of cults and sects here at CC, I doubt your idea is going to go anywhere. But thanks for sharing.
Even as a junior member here I can see that. I never realized the scope of this whole cornucopia until recently
and when you look at it on a global scale you begin to see little patterns emerging and it gives one cause for concern. I enjoy your posts A.K. I enjoy hearing from people of discernment