Curious about your thoughts

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Chainhand

Jun 1, 2013
Maybe have an older male relative or someone close that you trust meet with him (not confrontationally, just to meet with him). Sometimes having another person in the picture changes dynamics.

No amount of money is worth working for someone you don't trust with your basic safety.

SweetStars

Oct 6, 2018
Arizona
What works for me is jokingly say "Okay you see this space this is call my bubble, you do not enter my bubble, it is off limits, a prohibit zone, now back up slowly you don't wanna trigger a bomb, now keep going back and no bomb or landmine will be trigger, good you are in a safe zone now :D" They normally burst laughing when i say that and immediately stop invading my space.

If they still keep invading your space be more direct and explain your discomfort in a respectful way, if they still keep going at it, them you have permission to go Godzilla mode :3

T

theanointedsinner

What works for me is jokingly say "Okay you see this space this is call my bubble, you do not enter my bubble, it is off limits, a prohibit zone, now back up slowly you don't wanna trigger a bomb, now keep going back and no bomb or landmine will be trigger, good you are in a safe zone now :D" They normally burst laughing when i say that and immediately stop invading my space.

If they still keep invading your space be more direct and explain your discomfort in a respectful way, if they still keep going at it, them you have permission to go Godzilla mode :3
about Godzilla mode

For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against. (
Ephesians 6:12)

not against flesh and blood, <-- includes hp, attack power, strength, dexterity, charisma, block chance, etc.

M

Miri

You could always try S.I.N.G. Lol

T

theanointedsinner

Flesh and blood ppl not flesh and blood
the scripture is very wise, far ahead of the human's primal instinct to retaliate

for we wage war not against flesh and blood, but against principles (ie: whatever idea that occured to them to ... see, preventative) <- that's wisdom

L

Locoponydirtman

I don't know his intentions but he has been at it for a couple of years now and hasn't assaulted you so he may just be lacking in good personal space recognition.
I find you train humans the way you do animals. So this is how I handle a horse that tries to invade my space. As the animal appraches me before it gets to close input my hand out flat in front of me with my fingers up and palm forward like the signal to stop and I begin stepping toward the horse. When the horse stops I approach to the appropriate distance and I stop and put my hand down and keep eye contact. If the horse then moves forward I wave my hand side to side in front of me to show that this is not acceptable like a sideways back and forth karate chop and say back up. If the horse does not back away I walk into the horses space and with aggressive but slow steps, head up shoulders back maintaining eye contact hand out in front like the stop signal, and a sharp tone. Any attempt to touch me with out permission is sharply and rigidly pushed away and met with the palm out stop signal.
For a first time horse that don't know anything but is pushy on the ground I may use a device like a riding crop to keep space between. Not striking but pointed at them so if they invade my space it's against the pointed end of the crop. In an office maybe a ruler or umbrella will work. The key to all this is that when appropriate distance is kept soft gental tone of speech and relaxed behavior.

Pumpkinspice

Sep 22, 2018
I would report it to the boss making the boss understand the situation and take deserved action. No one likes this just look at even on tv reality shows they speak up and act up. #fleshandblood

T

theanointedsinner

I would report it to the boss making the boss understand the situation and take deserved action. No one likes this just look at even on tv reality shows they speak up and act up. #fleshandblood
welcome to the fallen world my friend
the garden of Edans sound like fantasy, a dream land, is it any wonder people don't believe (and that's sad)

L

Locoponydirtman

I think as Christians we have an obligation to be honest and assertive in love. We should be the head not the tail. Jesus was always clear about the wrong doing people were up to and the consequences of their actions if they didn't change. We should be authority where ever we are. So speak with authority and be a child of God.
Tell him to stop and back up.

Pumpkinspice

Sep 22, 2018
What if the person was medicated? Does that give an excuse?

C

CandieM

stunning idea, in what context?
Not sure why your question confuses me. Basically, I'm glad I have a very handy self-defense tool if anyone tries to violate me or my space. 🤷‍♀️

T

theanointedsinner

Not sure why your question confuses me. Basically, I'm glad I have a very handy self-defense tool if anyone tries to violate me or my space. 🤷‍♀️
I was asking for context, thank you for confirming that