Daily scripture thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

von1

Apr 22, 2010
I have so many verses to share hard to find one. I kind of randomly selected this one. I like this verse, its one of my favorite ones. Helps give me encouragement. 1 Petere 5:7 [SUP]7 [/SUP]Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

N

Negly

[h=3]Romans 12:9-21

Love in Action[/h][SUP]9 [/SUP]Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. [SUP]10 [/SUP]Be devoted to one another in love.Honor one another above yourselves. [SUP]11 [/SUP]Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor,serving the Lord. [SUP]12 [/SUP]Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. [SUP]13 [/SUP]Share with the Lord’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. [SUP]15 [/SUP]Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. [SUP]16 [/SUP]Live in harmony with one another. Do not be proud, but be willing to associate with people of low position. Do not be conceited.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everyone. [SUP]18 [/SUP]If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. [SUP]19 [/SUP]Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God’s wrath, for it is written: “It is mine to avenge; I will repay,” says the Lord. [SUP]20 [/SUP]On the contrary:
“If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
if he is thirsty, give him something to drink.
In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head.”

[SUP]21 [/SUP]Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

L

Laodicea

Luke 24:27 KJV
(27) And beginning at Moses and all the prophets, he expounded unto them
in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

H

hattiebod

Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord; that walketh in his ways. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee. Ps. 128:1-2
God Bless <><

T

TruthTalk

This psalm says to me what I was unable to say the day God reached way down and saved my life.

"But He caught me;
He reach all the way from sky to sea;
He pulled me out of that ocean of hate, that enemy chaos,
the void in which I was drowning. He stood me up on a
wide-open field; I stood there saved, surprised to be loved."
Psalm18:16-19

S

SHINY707

ISAIAH 61:3

3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the LORD, that he might be glorified .

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
2 Timothy 2:14-26...

Remind them of these things, charging them before the Lord not to strive about words to no profit, to the ruin of the hearers. Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. But shun profane and idle babblings, for they will increase to more ungodliness. And their message will spread like cancer. Hymenaeus and Philetus are of this sort, who have strayed concerning the truth, saying that the resurrection is already past; and they overthrow the faith of some. Nevertheless the solid foundation of God stands, having this seal: “The Lord knows those who are His,” and, “Let everyone who names the name of Christ depart from iniquity.”

But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. Therefore if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart. But avoid foolish and ignorant disputes, knowing that they generate strife. And a servant of the Lord must not quarrel but be gentle to all, able to teach, patient, in humility correcting those who are in opposition, if God perhaps will grant them repentance, so that they may know the truth, and that they may come to their senses and escape the snare of the devil, having been taken captive by him to do his will.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
1 Timothy

1 .) I exhort therefore, that, first of all, supplications, prayers, intercessions, and giving of thanks, be made for all men;
2 .) For kings, and for all that are in authority; that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in all godliness and honesty.
3 .) For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
4 .) Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
5 .) For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;
6 .) Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
7 .) Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, (I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not, a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.
8 .) I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting.

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013
1 Corinthians 2:9, "...Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the mind of man the things which Yahweh has prepared for those who love Him."

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011

2 Timothy 4:1-5

"I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom: Preach the word! Be ready in season and out of season. Convince, rebuke, exhort, with all longsuffering and teaching. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables. But you be watchful in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry"

C

Canchristiansgetalong

John 17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

I love this scripture. It just reminds me that the goal is know God and Jesus Christ. I have learned that the best way to know someone is to spend time with them and to try to follow their example. I have been thinking about this lately because I have a two year old who I am struggling to know how to teach and my parents say she is just like I was. As I deal with her, I have been realizing that my mother must have had the same feelings that I am feeling. Because of this, I feel I know my mother so much better now. I am more thankful for all she has done for me. I feel strongly that as we serve others and love them as Christ did, we learn more about him. As we sacrifice our will to his will as he did to the father, we get to know him better.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
John 15:12) This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
13 .) Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
14 .) Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 .) Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 .) Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
17 .) These things I command you, that ye love one another.
18 .) If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
19 .) If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 .) Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

sCh_christianpray3[1].gif

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Psalm 34:15-22

"The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous,
And His ears are open to their cry.
The face of the Lord is against those who do evil,
To cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears,
And delivers them out of all their troubles.
The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart,
And saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
But the Lord delivers him out of them all.
He guards all his bones;
Not one of them is broken.
Evil shall slay the wicked,
And those who hate the righteous shall be condemned.
The Lord redeems the soul of His servants,
And none of those who trust in Him shall be condemned.

Last edited:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Colossians 1:9) For this cause we also, since the day we heard it, do not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual understanding; 10 .) That ye might walk worthy of the Lord unto all pleasing, being fruitful in every good work, and increasing in the knowledge of God;
11 .) Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;
12 .) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
13 .) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:
14 .) In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:
15 .) Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
16 .) For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17 .) And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
18 .) And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
19 .) For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;
20 .) And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.
21 .) And you, that were sometime alienated and enemies in your mind by wicked works, yet now hath he reconciled
22 .) In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight:

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Luke 14:26-33
“If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple. For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it— lest, after he has laid the foundation, and is not able to finish, all who see it begin to mock him, saying, ‘This man began to build and was not able to finish’? Or what king, going to make war against another king, does not sit down first and consider whether he is able with ten thousand to meet him who comes against him with twenty thousand? Or else, while the other is still a great way off, he sends a delegation and asks conditions of peace. So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple"

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
1st Corinthians 15:51) Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,
52 .) In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 .) For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.
54 .) So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
55 .) O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory?

Katy-follower

Jun 25, 2011
Romans 12:9-21
Let love be without hypocrisy. Abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good. Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another; not lagging in diligence, fervent in spirit, serving the Lord; rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer; distributing to the needs of the saints, given to hospitality.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all men. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, “Vengeance is Mine, I will repay,” says the Lord. Therefore “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; If he is thirsty, give him a drink; For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head.” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.