Danger of Trends,fetishes and cults

  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Demi777

Senior Member
Oct 13, 2014
6,908
1,988
113
Germany
I know that I've just recently wrote a article on ‘’The pressure of the World’’ and the way the enemy wants to take our unique identity and makes us stereotypes but i've been seeing more and more trends and things going all all around even the christians and wanted to address this also with a end times perspective.
We all have been seeing more and more ‘’vegan and vegetarian’’ types just coming up. First we had the vegetarians, then the vegans,now we have the raw vegetarians and more. This has become a dangerous thing right there. It starts as a trend and becomes a cult. Just like in the Hippie times where everyone was taking drugs and wearing feathers shouting ‘’sex, drugs and Rock n’ Roll’’ where people had a trend and it became a cult. Now where am I going with this? I am going to
1 Timothy 4:1-5 KJV
4 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
5 For it is sanctified by the word of God and prayer

Beware the signs. It's not bad for us to want to eat healthy. Yet as soon as we start taking labels we are putting ourselves into a false doctrine and letting the enemy take over part of our life and identity. Don't go into categories and let him make you a easy match.
God made us unique and when we let trends and people shape us we allow him to destroy our uniqueness in God and make us manipulatable stereotypes. We must keep our eyes open as brothers and sisters and watch for one another and not be silent. No one of us is perfect, yet the Church, the body has not just a arm but also fingers. We all have gifts and insight. Beware not to follow and fall into false doctrines. The devil goes around to devour us so let's put our armour up.
When we let something encage us we must step up against it in Christ. It is easy to fall. I want to encourage you all to pray if there is any obsession in your life that is trapping you. No matter if it is Jewelry,clothes,cars,...
I will give you one example out of my life where I was desperately trapped and had no idea I was.
(This was before I came to Christ) I had 3 necklaces from my father so when I had to go back to Germany I wore them..They yet were not normal necklaces. They all were cursed by him and his girlfriend. My mom tore them off of me and I screamed and blacked out. I was screaming and was completely out of my mind. I was not myself anymore. For over an hour I was screaming and on my knees thinking someone will come after me and kill me.. Crazy isnt it?? I didn't think there was anything wrong with the necklaces yet I never dared to take them off. I COULDNT take them off.
So let's not judge one another but lift one another up in prayer against oppressions and cages that hold us from stepping into the blessing of Christ as long as we still can. These things can happen with objects that aren't cursed as well so dont think its only the cursed things that oppress you. Be sober and vigilant my friends and family out there.
Demelza
 
Good post! So much of what is trending nowadays is stupid anyway and derived from a humanistic perspective like YOLO - you only live once....stupid crap saying that says go do anything and everything but it fails to remind the person for every action there is a consequence either good/bad....
 
Ultimatum77;bt20111 said:
Good post! So much of what is trending nowadays is stupid anyway and derived from a humanistic perspective like YOLO - you only live once....stupid crap saying that says go do anything and everything but it fails to remind the person for every action there is a consequence either good/bad....
Yep and "Karma" is another trendy thing to say that isn't Biblical.
 
I was cursed also by a feather and charm that was given to me by the leader of the souix native americans.
 
It is a trend today that people call themselves "spiritual" but they aren't spiritual in the same way we are. To them it's kind of like being at one with nature - the sun, moon, stars and even trees and plants. It's pagan, we are going back to a pagan society. If you refer to yourself as spiritual on ie. facebook it's kind of hip but call yourself Christian and all Hell breaks loose, you are immediately under attack. I'm not kidding when I tell you this; it's easier to come out as "gay" than Christian.