Daniel and four kingdoms

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Okay, so where is he?

🏖️
Daniel 7:28
24 And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.

He is very different from.the horns that rose up in the kingdom before him..He doesnt fit in at all.

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
Okay, so where is he?

🏖️
Now don't confuse the little horn in the pleasant land with the king of the north.They are two separate fellows.The king of the north will give the little horn a host.

Daniel 8:12
And an host was given him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast down the truth to the ground; and it practised, and prospered.

After the host is given to the little horn ,the persecution of the saints in the pleasant land begins.

Mathew 10
23 But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come.

On a personal.note,I believe the host will be given to the little horn next year .

stilllearning

Oct 4, 2021
Rome was not the super power of its day.
Rome came in a close second though.

The Han dynasty in China was the super power of its day.It both covered more land and population than Rome
You can have more than one superpower. Today folks consider the US and China superpowers. Before this during the cold war they considered Russia and the US the superpowers.

More land and population has nothing to do with being a superpower. The ability to force your will upon other nation states is an attribute of a superpower. Actually I will just go and look up the textbook definition and post it.

: excessive or superior power

a
: an extremely powerful nation
specifically : one of a very few dominant states in an era when the world is divided politically into these states and their satellites
b
: an international governing body able to enforce its will upon the most powerful states

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/superpower

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
You can have more than one superpower. Today folks consider the US and China superpowers. Before this during the cold war they considered Russia and the US the superpowers.

More land and population has nothing to do with being a superpower. The ability to force your will upon other nation states is an attribute of a superpower. Actually I will just go and look up the textbook definition and post it.

a
specifically : one of a very few dominant states in an era when the world is divided politically into these states and their satellites
b
: an international governing body able to enforce its will upon the most powerful states

You seem to have missed the point altogether.

Oh well.Think I will go read the news and see what the little horn is up today.

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
You seem to have missed the point altogether.

Oh well.Think I will go read the news and see what the little horn is up today.

From what you've wrote, I still don't know where you think the antichrist comes from and who he may be. Can't you just post that info outright?

🥪

Shilohsfoal

Dec 27, 2018
From what you've wrote, I still don't know where you think the antichrist comes from and who he may be. Can't you just post that info outright?

🥪
The pleasant land Daniel is speaking of is the land of Israel.

Daniel ,8:9
And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

To be even more specific,his seat is in Jerusalem.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Mathew 23:34

Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Pilgrimshope

Sep 2, 2020

a
b

Yes some interesting thoughts thanks …if you notice throughout history there’s a repetetive thing that happens in good times and bad

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭1:26-28‬ ‭

after the flood

“And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth. And the fear of you and the dread of you shall be upon every beast of the earth, and upon every fowl of the air, upon all that moveth upon the earth, and upon all the fishes of the sea; into your hand are they delivered. Every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you; even as the green herb have I given you all things.”
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭9:1-3‬ ‭

This repeats itself at times but then also on times of mankind’s rvekiion against God he appoints kings to carry out judgements like nebucadnezzar and those who followed after

“Thou, O king, art a king of kings: for the God of heaven hath given thee a kingdom, power, and strength, and glory. And wheresoever the children of men dwell, the beasts of the field and the fowls of the heaven hath he given into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler over them all. Thou art this head of gold.

And after thee shall arise another kingdom inferior to thee, and another third kingdom of brass, which shall bear rule over all the earth.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭2:37-39‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Eventually he began promising this would be the outcome

“And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭2:44‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.

And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.”
‭‭Daniel‬ ‭7:13-14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭1:31-33‬ ‭KJV‬‬

“The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭16:16‬ ‭

“Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.”
‭‭Mark‬ ‭1:14-15‬ ‭

“And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭24:14‬ ‭KJV‬‬

And then later on after Jesus had became a man died and rose

“And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.”
‭‭Matthew‬ ‭28:18-20‬ ‭

Right now the world is still on rebellion and the power is still with corrupt mankind until Jesus the king returns from heaven and sets things in order the power is handed from nation to nation over times and millennia Egypt , China , Africa , Jerusalem , Babylon , rome , Greece , America ect ther always seems to be a struggle for the power and it shifts from one nation to the next but it seems God is appointing it for accomplishing his Will in times of rebellion and judgement harsh kings that do a lot of terrible things have power eventually all roads lead to all power and authority being in Christ Jesus the king of kings

2ndTimeIsTheCharm

Feb 17, 2023
The pleasant land Daniel is speaking of is the land of Israel.

Daniel ,8:9
And out of one of them came forth a little horn, which waxed exceeding great, toward the south, and toward the east, and toward the pleasant land.

To be even more specific,his seat is in Jerusalem.
The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Mathew 23:34

Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city:

Ah I see. I've seen other people too saying that the antichrist is Jewish (like Jesus is Jewish), but that he comes from the tribe of Dan. Also the Bible seems to refer to him as the Assyrian as well. I don't know how all that is going to meld together, but what you wrote and all these other things are stuff to consider. I suppose that when the antichrist is revealed and we know more about him that all these descriptions of him in the Bible will make perfect sense!

🍨