Daniel Chapter 3

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
3) The Administration in Assyria

Communication

There was tremendous uncertainty in the Near East for a sender giving a letter or anything else to a messenger who would bring it to the recipient. Anxiety about it meant that only the messenger — and not a single person else — was expected to handle the delivery until giving it to the recipient. The messenger would single-handedly make the delivery, along with a riding animal — and for greater speed but at a greater cost, the messenger would bring two riding animals the animals could take turns rather than one needing to take extended breaks.

The key thing here was that in traversing complicated territories with conflicting political systems, the delivery and its messenger stayed together as the only way to have any sort of guarantee of delivery. Letters were immensely private things, and they were recorded on tablets that were then encased with clay that bore the messenger's seal and sometimes a very brief description of the contents. Messengers were trusted to not only make the delivery but to respect the privacy of the contents. With the transition to alphabetic Aramaic from cuneiform Assyrian, there was an explosion and deepening of literacy among previous illiterate or barely literate levels of society — the Aramization of the Near East — this trust must have become even more important.

On the Neo-Assyrian relay system.

In the 9th century BC, the Neo-Assyrian Empire developed a completely innovative communications strategy. It became possible to send mail and goods from the capital all the way to the Mediterranean at Adana (the ancient Assyrian vassal of Quwe) within five days. This was a distance of 700 kilometers that included rivers, mountain ranges, and steppes. The new system worked by overcoming the challenge of trust, and the inefficient single-messenger-per-delivery system that was traditional. In the traditional system, even with two animals, eventually they would need to rest, sleep, eat, and drink — and even if the animals were able to survive, the messenger himself needed breaks as well. Deliveries that might take one hundred uninterrupted hours could increase to a week in practice. In the new system, there were postal stations every 35 to 40 kilometers across the entire empire. The messenger would bring the delivery to the next postal station, and rather than the package waiting for them to recover it was instead given to a messenger at that postal station who brought it to the next station on its journey. The package never had to come to a standstill and could be transported effectively uninterrupted. (Of note, no postal stations have been excavated yet which limits our understanding.)

We do not know exactly how the exchange worked, or if deliveries were made at night, but it brought a tremendous degree of efficiency. The speed of the Assyrian postal system was not exceeded for two thousand years with the introduction of the telegraph in the 19th century. However, this system was operated by the military and was only available for the royal court and those holding the royal seal — not more than about 150 people. The expense of this system — the mules, the soldier-messengers, not to mention the postal stations themselves maintained across the entire empire — suddenly seems even more expensive when considering it was only for top-level administrative use. It must have had tremendous benefit in supporting the coherence of the empire. The royal seal was put in place alongside the development of the postal system, suggesting it was part of a master strategy for stability, the delegation of responsibility, and the visibility of the king through the golden ring worn by his trusted appointees.

The extremely elite and militarized nature of the relay system suggests that the issue of trust was still present. Although modern people receive mail without needing to consider who exactly of tens and hundreds of people had access to it, this was an entirely new concept in the 9th century BC. However, there was tension between efficiency and increasing the number of people involved in mail handling. This tension was ameliorated in various ways. The relay system was only operated by sworn servants of the state — even the mules were part of the state assets — and the amount of trust the king placed in their service means the postal system itself can be viewed as an extended way that the Assyrian king was forced to delegate tasks as the empire expanded too far for single-handed central control. Also, it was highly efficient but the relay system was only efficient with a low level of throughput to ensure the relays were on standby. When the Neo-Assyrian populace adopted Aramaic, the state explicitly required only Assyrian cuneiform on all official documents. This may have been more than just continuity of the language of recordkeeping, or the deep scribal tradition around cuneiform — it may have been a means to curtail normal people from snooping.

On mules.

Mules were the backbone of communication. They are the generally sterile offspring of two different species: a horse and a donkey. They do not need as much food or water as a horse — but also have the strength of a donkey, without its stubbornness — and mules can be ridden, which of course is also possible with a horse but is not possible with a donkey. Mules were excellent for long-distance transport in an arid, challenging climate like much of the ancient Assyrian territory.

However, mules were expensive in ancient Assyria — in fact, they are still expensive to this day — and would have cost several times the price of a human. Producing a mule requires forcing a horse and a donkey to mate, which would almost never happen without human interference, and they are almost never able to produce offspring themselves. Skilled professionals are required to produce mules, from the mule's point of conception through its training. Mules were unaffordable to most people, but the Assyrian state used them extensively in transporting communications and goods.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
- Coming back to Daniel 4 thread 52 about the Administration in Egypt and the part about religion,

Religion
The Ptolemies were powerful supporters of the native Egyptian religious foundations, the economic and political power of which was, however, carefully controlled. A great deal of the late building and restoration work in many of the most important Egyptian temples is Ptolemaic, particularly from the period of about 150–50 bce, and the monarchs appear on temple reliefs in the traditional forms of the Egyptian kings. The native traditions persisted in village temples and local cults, many having particular associations with species of sacred animals or birds. At the same time, the Greeks created their own identifications of Egyptian deities, identifying Amon with Zeus, Horus with Apollo, Ptah with Hephaestus, and so on. They also gave some deities, such as Isis, a more universal significance that ultimately resulted in the spread of her mystery cult throughout the Mediterranean world. The impact of the Greeks is most obvious in two phenomena. One is the formalized royal cult of Alexander and the Ptolemies, which evidently served both a political and a religious purpose. The other is the creation of the cult of Sarapis, which at first was confined to Alexandria but soon became universal. The god was represented as a Hellenized deity and the form of cult is Greek, but its essence is the old Egyptian notion that the sacred Apis bull merged its divinity in some way with the god Osiris when it died.

- As usual, we get a mixture or a salad as you want!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
29) God and Job / Job and God

Job 31
What, then would be my share from God above,
What inheritance from the almighty on high?

- Definition of inheritance: It is a process which involves the passing on of material property from one generation to another, usually within the family, generally from older parents (donors) to their adult children (heirs), which is completed after the death of the older generation.

- Job speaks about a relationship between members of the same family!

- And when we listen to Job, he speaks about God like his father!

- And it doesn’t matter how he feels, he keeps speaking the same way!

- That’s his reality, there is no other reality for him!

Does he not see my ways
And count all my steps?

- Job’s questions show he feels bad because the link is broken and Job doesn’t understand why!

Let God weigh me with accurate scales;
Then he will recognize my integrity.

- But he is sure that God will find him not guilty!

What can I answer him when he calls for an
accounting?

- He doesn’t know what to think!

- He is in the fog!

If he did not bless me

- In this case, there is no way or he can’t see any way!

- Their relationship is based on confidence!

And I could not stand before his dignity.

- But he is ready to defend himself!

Let the Almighty answer me!

- And he keeps asking for God’s answer!

I would give him an accounting for every step I took;

I would approach him confidently, like a prince.

- Of course, he is ready to defend himself!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
3) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 1
Each of his sons would hold a banquet at his house on his own set day. They would invite their three sisters to eat and drink with them. After a series of banquet days was complete, Job would send for them in order to sanctify them. Then he would get up early in the morning and offer up burnt sacrifices for each of them. For Job said: “Maybe my sons have sinned and have cursed God in their heart.” That is what Job would always do.-

- We have no information about how he educated his children!

- But we can imagine that he did his best!

- And his sacrifices to sanctify them show his personal concern about them!

- And the last sentence emphasizes his personal concern: That is what Job would always do!

- In fact, he is the only who did such a thing in the Bible!

- So it reinforces the idea that there is no one like him on the earth!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
12) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 6
For the arrows of the Almighty have pierced me, And my spirit is drinking their venom; The terrors from God are lined up against me.

- Job has no possibility to evacuate his stress through action!

- Thus he speaks about hos feelings!

- And he only speaks about God as the one who is responsible because he is his only reference!

- And also because he can’t speak with him!

- He can only ask him for help!

- But there is no answer!

- So it must have been really frustrating from Job!

- Because he doesn’t understand anything!

- And in fact, with what he knows there is nothing to understand!

- So he is trapped!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
19) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 7
What is mortal man that you should concern yourself with him And fix your attention on him? Why do you inspect him every morning And test him every moment? Will you not look away from me And leave me alone long enough to swallow my saliva? If I have sinned, how could I harm you, the Observer of mankind? Why have you made me your target? Have I become a burden to you?

- How difficult it is when we don’t know what’s on?

- But at the same time, it is difficult when we know what man is doing but there is nothing we can do to stop his foolishness!

- It is difficult to wait and see the situation getting worse and worse!

- Knowing that the only possibility is to wait for God to put an end to this old dying world!

- Then maybe we can think again to Job’s situation and think about today’s situation!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
27) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 9
If it is a matter of power, he is the strong one. If it is a matter of justice, he says: ‘Who can call me to account?’ If I were in the right, my own mouth would condemn me; Even if I keep my integrity, he will declare me guilty. Even if I keep my integrity, I am not confident about myself; I reject this life of mine. It is all the same. That is why I say,‘He destroys the innocent and the wicked alike.’ If a flash flood should cause sudden death, He would mock at the despair of the innocent. The earth has been handed over to the wicked; He covers the eyes of its judges.
If it is not he, then, who is it?

- Yes, Job doesn’t understand what’s on!

- He knows he is not guilty!

- And he is sure about that!

- And it is not pride!

- We must remember God’s words!

- There is no one like him on the earth!

- And the rest of God’s words are also important and are connected with these ones!

- And he thinks God is responsible!

- Because he can’t think about anyone else!

- “If it is not he, then, who is it?”

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
33) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

34) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 10

- But you secretly intended to do these things. I know that these things are from you. If I sinned, you would watch me, And you would not acquit me of my error. If I am guilty, too bad for me! And even if I am innocent, I cannot raise my head, For I am filled with dishonor and affliction. If I raise my head up, you hunt for me like a lion And again show your power against me.

- It is really hard to think that you were betrayed by someone you love or care or someone with whom you have a special relationship!

- You feel lost!

- Then it is hard to trust anybody!

- And when this relationship is powerful, it seems that your world is falling apart!

- Especially when it has always been stable!

- Then it is hard to trust people!

- And the devil knew it perfectly!

- And he kept striking Job without pity!

- Because he wanted to win against God!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
41) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 12

- He reveals deep things from the darkness, And he brings deep darkness into the light; He makes nations grow great in order to destroy them; He enlarges nations, that he may lead them into exile. He takes away the understanding of the leaders of the people And makes them wander in trackless wastelands. They grope in darkness, where there is no light; He makes them wander about like drunken men.

- Job has always been looking for light!

- Do we do the same?

- The world is going to its destruction!

- What about us?

- Do we act like drunken men?

- Or do we look for understanding?

- We have to choose one way like Job and walk straight away!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
- Romans Chapter 1:

God / Jesus Christ / faith / sacred service / Paul wants to see his brothers to encourage them

-1 Corinthians Chapter 1:

God / undeserved kindness of God / Christ Jesus / full ability to speak and in full knowledge / the witness about the Christ /

- Galatians Chapter 1:

turning away from the One who called you : Christ's undeserved kindness / distorting the the good news about the Christ

- Ephesians Chapter 1:

the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory / may give you a spirit of wisdom and revelation / accurate knowledge of him

- Philippians Chapter 1:

I thank my God / the contribution you have made to the good news from the first day until this moment

- Colossians Chapter 1:

message of truth of the good news / the good news is bearing fruit and increasing in all the world / accurately knew the undeserved kindness of God in truth

- Thessalonians Chapter 1:

brothers loved by God / the good news we preach

- Timothy Chapter 1:

not to teach different doctrine / not to pay attention to false stories and to genealogies / speculations

- Titus Chapter 1:

Paul, a slave of God and an apostle of Jesus Christ / according to the faith of God's chosen ones and the accurate knowledge of the truth / according to godly devotion

- Hebrews Chapter 1:

A Son whom he appointed heir of all things / and through whom he made the systems of things / he is the reflection of God's glory and the exact representation of his very being / he had made a purification for our sins / he sat down at the right hand of the majesty on high / he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
- Paul was always ready to encourage his brothers!

- Faith is connected to sacred service!

- No sacred service, no faith!

- Faith grows through sacred service!

- There is a necessity to get a full ability and a full knowledge about Christ!

- But Paul warned his brothers that corruption was spreading at the time!

- So think about now!

- We must acquire wisdom and accurate knowledge!

- We must bear fruit!

- We must be careful of corruption!

- If we don't pay attention to corruption, we are good to nothing!

- Then our faith is good to nothing!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • Now we have an interesting point to think about in Hebrews 1:2:

But in

ἐπ’ (ep’)

Preposition

Strong's 1909: On, to, against, on the basis of, at.

these

τούτων (toutōn)

Demonstrative Pronoun - Genitive Feminine Plural

Strong's 3778: This; he, she, it.

last

ἐσχάτου (eschatou)

Adjective - Genitive Neuter Singular

Strong's 2078: Last, at the last, finally, till the end. A superlative probably from echo; farthest, final.

days

ἡμερῶν (hēmerōn)

Noun - Genitive Feminine Plural

Strong's 2250: A day, the period from sunrise to sunset.

He has spoken

ἐλάλησεν (elalēsen)

Verb - Aorist Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 2980: A prolonged form of an otherwise obsolete verb; to talk, i.e. Utter words.

to us

ἡμῖν (hēmin)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative 1st Person Plural

Strong's 1473: I, the first-person pronoun. A primary pronoun of the first person I.

by

ἐν (en)

Preposition

Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

[His] Son,

Υἱῷ (Huiō)

Noun - Dative Masculine Singular

Strong's 5207: A son, descendent. Apparently a primary word; a 'son', used very widely of immediate, remote or figuratively, kinship.

whom

ὃν (hon)

Personal / Relative Pronoun - Accusative Masculine Singular

Strong's 3739: Who, which, what, that.

He appointed

ἔθηκεν (ethēken)

Strong's 5087: To put, place, lay, set, fix, establish. A prolonged form of a primary theo to place.

heir

κληρονόμον (klēronomon)

Noun - Accusative Masculine Singular

Strong's 2818: From kleros and the base of nomos (reflexively) getting by apportionment); a sharer by lot, i.e. Inheritor; by implication, a possessor.

of all things,

πάντων (pantōn)

Adjective - Genitive Neuter Plural

Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

and

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

Strong's 2532: And, even, also, namely.

through

δι’ (di’)

Preposition

Strong's 1223: A primary preposition denoting the channel of an act; through.

whom

οὗ (hou)

Personal / Relative Pronoun - Genitive Masculine Singular

He made

ἐποίησεν (epoiēsen)

Strong's 4160: (a) I make, manufacture, construct, (b) I do, act, cause. Apparently a prolonged form of an obsolete primary; to make or do.

the

τοὺς (tous)

Article - Accusative Masculine Plural

Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

universe.

αἰῶνας (aiōnas)

Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural

Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.

• Here it is said that God appointed (put, place, lay, set, fix, establish) his Son Jesus heir (a sharer by lot, i.e. Inheritor; by implication, a possessor) of all things and through whom he made the universe.
  • Thus God and his Son made the universe together!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • Romans Chapter 1

- many times I have intended to come to you - acquire some fruitage - declare the good news

• 1 Corinthians Chapter 1

- make you firm to the end - open to no accusation on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

• Galatians Chapter 1

-Whoever is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed.

• Ephesians Chapter 1

- he raised him up from the dead and seated him at his right hand in the heavenly places, far above every government and authority and power and lordship and every name that is named, not only in this system of things but also in that to come. He also subjected all things under his feet and made him head over all things with regard to the congregation

• Philippians Chapter 1

- the defending and legally establishing of the good news.

• Colossians Chapter 1

- be filled with the accurate knowledge of his will in all wisdom and spiritual comprehension, so as to walk worthily of God in order to please him fully as you go on bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the accurate knowledge of God

• Thessalonians Chapter 1

- an example to all the believers

1 Timothy Chapter 1

- the objective of this instruction is love out of a clean heart and out of a good conscience and out of faith without hypocrisy. By deviating from these things, some have been turned aside to meaningless talk.

• Titus Chapter 1

- correct the things that were defective - make appointments of elders - free from accusation, a husband of one wife, having believing children who are not accused of debauchery or rebelliousness. For as God’s steward, an overseer must be free from accusation, not self-willed, not quick-tempered, not a drunkard, not violent, not greedy of dishonest gain, but hospitable, a lover of goodness, sound in mind, righteous, loyal, self-controlled, holding firmly to the faithful word as respects his art of teaching, so that he may be able both to encourage by the teaching that is wholesome and to reprove those who contradict.

Hebrews Chapter 1

- when he again brings his Firstborn into the inhabited earth, he says: “And let all of God’s angels do obeisance to him.”

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • Paul always tells us how important it is to bear fruit in declaring the good news of God’s kingdom and defend it!
  • But according to god’s word and not man’s tradition which leads to corruption!
  • We must be ready to stay firm till the end!
  • And for this we need to be filled with accurate knowledge and wisdom and spiritual comprehension!
  • And walk according to God’s will to please him which means bearing fruit!
  • Then we will be examples for others!
  • Through the instruction we can get love out of a clean heart and good conscience and faith!
  • There is no way for deviation!
  • What is defective must be corrected!
  • And we must look for the good qualities given in Titus:
  • free from accusation / a husband of one wife / having believing children who are not accused of debauchery or rebelliousness (it implies educating them according to god’s way) / not self-willed / not quick-tempered / not a drunkard / not violent / not greedy of dishonest gain / hospitable / a lover of goodness / sound in mind / righteous / loyal / self-controlled / holding firmly to the faithful word !
  • Really different from what this world shows and offers!
  • I should say completely opposed!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • Then we get two interesting points here!
  • The first one is in Ephesians 1:20-22

which

ἣν (hēn)

Personal / Relative Pronoun - Accusative Feminine Singular

He exerted

ἐνήργηκεν (enērgēken)

Verb - Perfect Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 1754: From energes; to be active, efficient.

in

ἐν (en)

Preposition

Strong's 1722: In, on, among. A primary preposition denoting position, and instrumentality, i.e. A relation of rest; 'in, ' at, on, by, etc.

Christ

Χριστῷ (Christō)

Strong's 5547: Anointed One; the Messiah, the Christ. From chrio; Anointed One, i.e. The Messiah, an epithet of Jesus.

when He raised

ἐγείρας (egeiras)

Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular

Strong's 1453: (a) I wake, arouse, (b) I raise up. Probably akin to the base of agora; to waken, i.e. Rouse.

Him

αὐτὸν (auton)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

from

ἐκ (ek)

Preposition

Strong's 1537: From out, out from among, from, suggesting from the interior outwards. A primary preposition denoting origin, from, out.

[the] dead

νεκρῶν (nekrōn)

Adjective - Genitive Masculine Plural

Strong's 3498: (a) adj: dead, lifeless, subject to death, mortal, (b) noun: a dead body, a corpse. From an apparently primary nekus; dead.

and

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

seated [Him]

καθίσας (kathisas)

Verb - Aorist Participle Active - Nominative Masculine Singular

Strong's 2523: Another form for kathezomai; to seat down, i.e. Set; intransitively, to sit; figuratively, to settle.

at

ἐν (en)

Preposition

His

αὐτοῦ (autou)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 846: He, she, it, they, them, same. From the particle au; the reflexive pronoun self, used of the third person, and of the other persons.

right hand

δεξιᾷ (dexia)

Adjective - Dative Feminine Singular

Strong's 1188: On the right hand, right hand, right. From dechomai; the right side or hand.

in

ἐν (en)

Preposition

the

τοῖς (tois)

Article - Dative Neuter Plural

Strong's 3588: The, the definite article. Including the feminine he, and the neuter to in all their inflections; the definite article; the.

heavenly realms,

ἐπουρανίοις (epouraniois)

Adjective - Dative Neuter Plural

Strong's 2032: From epi and ouranos; above the sky.

• God raised Jesus from the dead!
  • And he seated him at his right hand!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • Ephesians 1:21

far above

ὑπεράνω (hyperanō)

Preposition

Strong's 5231: Far above. From huper and ano; above upward, i.e. Greatly higher.

all

πάσης (pasēs)

Adjective - Genitive Feminine Singular

Strong's 3956: All, the whole, every kind of. Including all the forms of declension; apparently a primary word; all, any, every, the whole.

rule

ἀρχῆς (archēs)

Noun - Genitive Feminine Singular

Strong's 746: From archomai; a commencement, or chief.

and

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

authority,

ἐξουσίας (exousias)

Strong's 1849: From exesti; privilege, i.e. force, capacity, competency, freedom, or mastery, delegated influence.

power

δυνάμεως (dynameōs)

Strong's 1411: From dunamai; force; specially, miraculous power.

and

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

dominion,

κυριότητος (kyriotētos)

Strong's 2963: From kurios; mastery, i.e. rulers.

and

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

every

παντὸς (pantos)

Adjective - Genitive Neuter Singular

name

ὀνόματος (onomatos)

Noun - Genitive Neuter Singular

Strong's 3686: Name, character, fame, reputation. From a presumed derivative of the base of ginosko; a 'name'.

that is named,

ὀνομαζομένου (onomazomenou)

Verb - Present Participle Middle or Passive - Genitive Neuter Singular

Strong's 3687: From onoma; to name, i.e. Assign an appellation; by extension, to utter, mention, profess.

not

οὐ (ou)

Adverb

Strong's 3756: No, not. Also ouk, and ouch a primary word; the absolute negative adverb; no or not.

only

μόνον (monon)

Adverb

Strong's 3440: Alone, but, only. Neuter of monos as adverb; merely.

in

ἐν (en)

Preposition

this

τούτῳ (toutō)

Demonstrative Pronoun - Dative Masculine Singular

Strong's 3778: This; he, she, it.

age,

αἰῶνι (aiōni)

Strong's 165: From the same as aei; properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity; by implication, the world; specially a Messianic period.

but

ἀλλὰ (alla)

Conjunction

Strong's 235: But, except, however. Neuter plural of allos; properly, other things, i.e. contrariwise.

also

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

in

ἐν (en)

Preposition

the [one]

τῷ (tō)

Article - Dative Masculine Singular

to come.

μέλλοντι (mellonti)

Verb - Present Participle Active - Dative Masculine Singular

Strong's 3195: A strengthened form of melo; to intend, i.e. Be about to be, do, or suffer

Something.

• God made his Son number 2 forever!
  • By demonstrating his faith in God and offering his life for us according to God’s justice, Jesus won his seat forever!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • Ephesians 1:22

And

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

[God] put

ὑπέταξεν (hypetaxen)

Strong's 5293: From hupo and tasso; to subordinate; reflexively, to obey.

everything

πάντα (panta)

Adjective - Accusative Neuter Plural

under

ὑπὸ (hypo)

Preposition

Strong's 5259: A primary preposition; under, i.e. of place, or with verbs; of place (underneath) or where (below) or time (when).

His

αὐτοῦ (autou)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Genitive Masculine 3rd Person Singular

feet

πόδας (podas)

Noun - Accusative Masculine Plural

Strong's 4228: The foot. A primary word; a 'foot'.

and

καὶ (kai)

Conjunction

made

ἔδωκεν (edōken)

Strong's 1325: To offer, give; I put, place. A prolonged form of a primary verb; to give.

Him

αὐτὸν (auton)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Accusative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

head

κεφαλὴν (kephalēn)

Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular

Strong's 2776: From the primary kapto; the head, literally or figuratively.

over

ὑπὲρ (hyper)

Preposition

Strong's 5228: Gen: in behalf of; acc: above.

everything

πάντα (panta)

Adjective - Accusative Neuter Plural

for the

τῇ (tē)

Article - Dative Feminine Singular

church,

ἐκκλησίᾳ (ekklēsia)

Noun - Dative Feminine Singular

Strong's 1577: From a compound of ek and a derivative of kaleo; a calling out, i.e. a popular meeting, especially a religious congregation.

• And God put everything under his feet!
  • And made him head over everything for the church or congregation!
  • Quite clear!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
And the second one is in Hebrews 1:6

And

δὲ (de)

Conjunction

Strong's 1161: A primary particle; but, and, etc.

again,

πάλιν (palin)

Adverb

Strong's 3825: Probably from the same as pale; anew, i.e. back, once more, or furthermore or on the other hand.

when

Ὅταν (Hotan)

Conjunction

Strong's 3752: When, whenever. From hote and an; whenever; also causatively inasmuch as.

[God] brings

εἰσαγάγῃ (eisagagē)

Verb - Aorist Subjunctive Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 1521: To lead in, bring in, introduce. From eis and ago; to introduce.

[His]

τὸν (ton)

Article - Accusative Masculine Singular

firstborn

πρωτότοκον (prōtotokon)

Adjective - Accusative Masculine Singular

Strong's 4416: First-born, eldest. From protos and the alternate of tikto; first-born.

into

εἰς (eis)

Preposition

Strong's 1519: A primary preposition; to or into, of place, time, or purpose; also in adverbial phrases.

the

τὴν (tēn)

Article - Accusative Feminine Singular

world,

οἰκουμένην (oikoumenēn)

Noun - Accusative Feminine Singular

Strong's 3625: Feminine participle present passive of oikeo; land, i.e. The globe; specially, the Roman empire.

He says:

λέγει (legei)

Verb - Present Indicative Active - 3rd Person Singular

Strong's 3004: (a) I say, speak; I mean, mention, tell, (b) I call, name, especially in the pass., (c) I tell, command.

“{Let} all

πάντες (pantes)

Adjective - Nominative Masculine Plural

God’s

Θεοῦ (Theou)

Noun - Genitive Masculine Singular

Strong's 2316: A deity, especially the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very.

angels

ἄγγελοι (angeloi)

Noun - Nominative Masculine Plural

Strong's 32: From aggello; a messenger; especially an 'angel'; by implication, a pastor.

worship

προσκυνησάτωσαν (proskynēsatōsan)

Verb - Aorist Imperative Active - 3rd Person Plural

Strong's 4352: From pros and a probable derivative of kuon; to fawn or crouch to, i.e. prostrate oneself in homage.

Him.”

αὐτῷ (autō)

Personal / Possessive Pronoun - Dative Masculine 3rd Person Singular

• Jesus is God’s firstborn and he brings him into the world!
  • And he told the angels to prostrate themselves in homage (to put (oneself) in a humble and submissive posture or state)!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
145)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

Romans Chapter 1

- For although they knew God, they did not glorify him as God nor did they thank him, but they became empty-headed in their reasonings and their senseless hearts became darkened. Although claiming they were wise, they became foolish and turned the glory of the incorruptible God into something like the image of corruptible man and birds and four-footed creatures and reptiles.

- Going away from God, man became empty-headed! - When we look at today’s situation, we may understand what it means! - And if we don’t, it will be easier as time passes and the situation is worsening faster and faster! - Their senseless hearts became darkened! - Can it be darker! - I doubt it! - But man never understands! - Yes, men claim they are wise! - They don’t look at reality! - They don’t open their eyes! - In fact, they have always been foolish! - And they are obstinate!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
146)
Looking for Paul
Where does it come from?
How does it grow?

1 Corinthians Chapter 1

- For Christ sent me, not to baptize, but to declare the good news; and not with wisdom of speech, so that the torture stake of the Christ should not be made useless.

- Paul had a mission: to declare the good news! - He had no wisdom of speech! - But he was a hard worker! - And it is incredible how regularity can be efficient! - He was always eager to speak about God and Jesus! - He was always concentrating on his mission! - His mind and heart were filled with it! - He was eating and drinking and breathing God and Jesus!