Daniel Chapter two

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
2) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 1
His livestock amounted to 7,000 sheep, 3,000 camels, 1,000 cattle, and 500 donkeys, along with a very large number of servants, so that he became the greatest of all the people of the East.

- Second, we are told about Job’s wealth!

- We are told that he became the greatest of all the people of the East!

- It is quite surprising to think about a very rich man who puts his confidence in God!

- They have always put their confidence in themselves!

- Even Jesus says it is very difficult for a rich man to get into God’s kingdom!

- When we think about today’s rich men, it is not different!

- So Job is definitely an exception!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
13) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 6
O that my request would be realized And that God would grant my desire! That God would be willing to crush me, And that he would reach out his hand and do away with me! For even that would bring me comfort; I would leap for joy despite the unrelenting pain, For I have not denied the sayings of the Holy One.

- Feeling trapped, Job finds only one escape: DEATH!

- But he can’t imagine killing himself!

- And it doesn’t matter how bad he feels, he can’t commit suicide!

- But he wants God to kill him!

- Then he will feel COMFORT!

- Then he will feel JOY!

- But he will never speak against God!

- His ideas are clear and will keep clear!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
20) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 7
Why do you not pardon my transgression And excuse my error? For soon I will lie down in the dust, And you will look for me, but I will be gone.”

- For Job, it is clear!

- He has chosen God, and nothing can take him away from God!

- In today’s world, it is completely different!

- Society keeps doing everything from taking man away from God!

- Of course, because the devil is the god of this world!

- And like in the case of Job, he does everything to do it!

- Men have God’s word but who is still reading it?

- And the problem is that you can’t just read it!

- You need to study it carefully!

- Not only that, but the devil used everything to turn God’s word into a mixture of different religions and philosophy!

- It was the case with the Israelites who mixed God’s word with beliefs of their neighbors’ religions!

- And the devil has kept doing it through the mixing of beliefs of religions and philosophies!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
28) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 9
Now my days are swifter than a runner; They run away without seeing good. They glide by like reed boats, Like eagles that swoop down on their prey. If I say, ‘I will forget my complaint, I will change my expression and be cheerful,’ I would still be afraid because of all my pains, And I know you would not find me innocent. I would be found guilty. So why should I struggle in vain?

- Yes, Job is lost!

- And he can’t find his way because he has lost his light so he can’t know where he is!

- God is away from him!

- There is nothing left for him!

- That’s why he is waiting for death!

- It is hard to imagine Job’s situation except if you are in the darkness and you can’t find your way anymore and if you think God is away from you!

- And you just feel empty!

- And no words can help!

- And you feel distress!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
35) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 10

- You bring new witnesses against me And increase your anger against me, As hardship after hardship comes upon me. So why did you bring me out from the womb? I should have died before any eye could see me. It would have been as though I never existed; I would have been taken straight from the womb to the grave.’ Are not my days few? Let him leave me alone; Let him turn his eyes away from me, so that I may find some relief Before I go away—and I will not return - To the land of deepest darkness, To the land of utter gloom, A land of deep shadow and disorder, Where even the light is like the gloom.”

- Job has lost hope!

- He would only appreciate to have some relief!

- Of course, when we reach such a mental condition, it is really hard!

- But we know that God is not responsible!

- So whatever may happen, we have the Bible to find comfort!

- We have the examples of God’s faithful servants!

- And we can find resources and energy and strength to keep going!

- God’s world is waiting for us!

- It is worth waiting for it and preparing for it and speaking about it!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
41) There is no one like him on the earth and a wealthy farmer

Job 13

- “Yes, my eye has seen all of this, My ear has heard and understood it.

- Have we heard and understood it like Job!

- What you know, I also know; I am not inferior to you. For my part, I would rather speak to the Almighty himself; I desire to argue my case with God.

- Do we want to speak with God like Job?

- For that, we must be taught by him!

- We must listen to him again and again!

- But you are smearing me with lies;All of you are useless physicians.

- We don’t need lies!

- We don’t need useless physicians!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
Daniel 1

• We are told about Daniel when he is a young adult!

In Daniel 1:4, we are told about the young israelites who are sent to Babylon:

young men

יְלָדִ֣ים (yə·lā·ḏîm)hat

Noun - masculine plural

Strong's 3206: Something born, a lad, offspring

without

אֵֽין־ (’ên-)

Adverb

Strong's 369: A non-entity, a negative particle

blemish,

מוּם֩ (mūm)

Noun - masculine singular

Strong's 3971: To stain, a blemish

handsome,

וְטוֹבֵ֨י (wə·ṭō·w·ḇê)

Conjunctive waw | Adjective - masculine plural construct

Strong's 2896: Pleasant, agreeable, good

gifted

וּמַשְׂכִּילִ֣ים (ū·maś·kî·lîm)

Conjunctive waw | Verb - Hifil - Participle - masculine plural

Strong's 7919: To be, circumspect, intelligent

in all

בְּכָל־ (bə·ḵāl)

Preposition-b | Noun - masculine singular construct

Strong's 3605: The whole, all, any, every

wisdom,

חָכְמָ֗ה (ḥāḵ·māh)

Noun - feminine singular

Strong's 2451: Wisdom

knowledgeable,

וְיֹ֤דְעֵי (wə·yō·ḏə·‘ê)

Conjunctive waw | Verb - Qal - Participle - masculine plural construct

Strong's 3045: To know

quick

מַדָּ֔ע (mad·dā‘)

Strong's 4093: Intelligence, consciousness

to understand,

וּמְבִינֵ֣י (ū·mə·ḇî·nê)

Conjunctive waw | Verb - Hifil - Participle - masculine plural construct

Strong's 995: To separate mentally, understand

and qualified

כֹּ֣חַ (kō·aḥ)

Strong's 3581: A small reptile (of unknown species)

to serve

לַעֲמֹ֖ד (la·‘ă·mōḏ)

Preposition-l | Verb - Qal - Infinitive construct

Strong's 5975: To stand, in various relations

in the king’s

הַמֶּ֑לֶךְ (ham·me·leḵ)

Article | Noun - masculine singular

Strong's 4428: A king

palace—

בְּהֵיכַ֣ל (bə·hê·ḵal)

Preposition-b | Noun - masculine singular construct

Strong's 1964: A large public building, palace, temple

and to teach them

וּֽלֲלַמְּדָ֥ם (ū·lă·lam·mə·ḏām)

Conjunctive waw, Preposition-l | Verb - Piel - Infinitive construct | third person masculine plural

Strong's 3925: To exercise in, learn

the language

וּלְשׁ֥וֹן (ū·lə·šō·wn)

Conjunctive waw | Noun - common singular construct

Strong's 3956: The tongue

and literature

סֵ֖פֶר (sê·p̄er)

Noun - masculine singular construct

Strong's 5612: A missive, document, writing, book

of the Chaldeans.

כַּשְׂדִּֽים׃ (kaś·dîm)

Noun - proper - masculine plural

Strong's 3778: Chaldeans -- a region of southern Babylon and its inhabitants

• Young men!
  • Without blemish!
  • Handsome!
  • Gifted in all wisdom!
  • Knowledgeable!
  • Quick to understand!
  • Qualified to serve in the king’s palace!
  • And they were to be taught the language and literature of the chaldeans!
  • Thus they are special ones!
  • Not normal people!
  • They are the best ones!
  • The Chaldeans are not the leaders of the time for nothing!

Remember:

• If you think like today’s people, you will never understand the Bible!
  • They used to write differently!
  • They used to speak differently!
  • They used to think differently!
  • They used to act differently!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
https://www.gotquestions.org/life-Daniel.html

We can read about the life of Daniel in his own writings in the book of Daniel and also in Ezekiel 14:14, 20 and 28:3. There are some striking similarities between the life of Daniel and that of Jacob’s son Joseph. Both of them prospered in foreign lands after interpreting dreams for their rulers, and both were elevated to high office as a result of their faithfulness to God.

After Nebuchadnezzar, king of Babylon, besieged Jerusalem, he chose noble men from Israel’s royal household who were handsome and showed an aptitude for learning, to be trained in the ways of the Babylonians. After their three years’ training, they would be put into the king’s service (Daniel 1:1-6). Daniel, whose name means “God is my judge,” and his three countrymen from Judea were chosen and given new names. Daniel became “Belteshazzar,” while Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah became “Shadrach," "Meshach," and "Abednego.” The Babylonians most likely gave them new names that were completely disassociated with their Hebrew roots to hasten Daniel and his friends’ assimilation into the Babylonian culture.

Daniel and his compatriots proved to be the wisest of all the trainees, and, at the end of their training, they entered the service of King Nebuchadnezzar. Daniel’s first sign of faithfulness to God was when he and his three friends rejected the rich food and wine from the king’s table, because they deemed it a defilement, and became vegetarians. As their health improved, they were permitted to continue with their chosen diet. In their education, the four men from Judah became knowledgeable in all Babylonian matters, and Daniel was given by God the ability to understand dreams and visions of all kinds (Daniel 1:17).

In the second year of his reign, Nebuchadnezzar was troubled with a dream that he could not interpret. Beyond interpretation, Nebuchadnezzar commanded his magicians, enchanters, sorcerers, and astrologers to also describe his dream. These men were willing to try to interpret the dream if Nebuchadnezzar first told them what it was, but they said that revealing the dream itself was an impossible task for humans. The king decreed that all the wise men, including Daniel and his companions, must be put to death. However, after Daniel sought God in prayer, the mystery of the king’s dream was revealed to Daniel, and he was taken to the king to interpret it. Daniel immediately attributed his ability to interpret dreams to the one true God (Daniel 2:28). The key feature of the dream was that one day there will be a kingdom set up by God that will last forever, and that God’s kingdom will destroy all previous, man-made kingdoms (Daniel 2:44-45). For his wisdom, Daniel was honored by King Nebuchadnezzar and placed in authority over all the wise men of Babylon. At Daniel’s request, his three countrymen were also placed in positions of authority as administrators of Babylon.

Later, King Nebuchadnezzar had another dream, and again Daniel was able to interpret it. The king acknowledged that Daniel had the spirit of his holy God within him (Daniel 4:9). Daniel’s interpretation of the dream was correct. After experiencing a period of insanity, Nebuchadnezzar was restored to health, and he praised and honored Daniel’s God as the Most High (Daniel 4:34-37).

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
Nebuchadnezzar’s son, Belshazzar, became the new king, and during a banquet he ordered the gold and silver goblets that had been stolen from the holy temple in Jerusalem to be brought out for use. In response to the defilement of such holy items, Belshazzar sees a hand writing on the wall. His astrologers are unable to assist him in its translation, and so Daniel is called upon to interpret the writing (Daniel 5:13-16). As a reward for interpreting the writing, Daniel is promoted by King Belshazzar to the third highest position in the Babylonian kingdom (verse 29). That night, as Daniel had prophesied, the king was slain in battle, and his kingdom was taken over by the Persian Cyrus the Great, and Darius the Mede was made king.

Under the new ruler, Daniel excelled in his duties as one of the administrators to such a degree that King Darius was contemplating making him head over all the kingdom (Daniel 6:1-3). This infuriated the other administrators so much that they looked for a way to bring Daniel down. They could find no wrongdoing on Daniel’s part, so they focused on the matter of Daniel’s religion. Using flattery, the administrators coaxed Darius into issuing a decree forbidding prayers to any god other than the king for the next thirty days. The penalty for disobedience was to be thrown into a den of lions. Daniel disobeyed the edict, of course, and continued to pray openly to the true God. As Daniel made no attempt to hide his activity, he was seen praying and arrested. With much regret the king gave the order for Daniel to be thrown into the lions’ den, but not without a prayer that Daniel’s God would rescue him (Daniel 6:16). The next day, when Daniel was found alive and well, he told the king that God had sent an angel to shut the lions’ mouths and so he had remained unharmed. This miracle resulted in King Darius sending out a decree that all his subjects were to worship the God of Daniel. Daniel continued to prosper throughout King Darius’ reign.

Daniel is also well known for the prophetic dreams and visions God gave him, recorded in the book of Daniel. Daniel’s prophecies cover a broad range of human history, as he predicted the rise and fall of the Greek and Roman Empires and the rise of a powerful king who “will do as he pleases. He will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will say unheard-of things against the God of gods” (Daniel 11:36). Daniel’s “seventy weeks” prophecy spoke of a Messiah who would be killed (Daniel 9:24–27). We saw this prophecy fulfilled with Jesus. The remainder of the prophecy—the seventieth week—will be fulfilled in the end times. Daniel had other apocalyptic visions as well, and understanding his prophecies is important to eschatology.

Daniel exercised great integrity and, in doing so, received the respect and affection of the powerful rulers he served. However, his honesty and loyalty to his masters never led him to compromise his faith in the one true God. Rather than it being an obstacle to his success, Daniel’s continual devotion to God brought him the admiration of the unbelievers in his circle. When delivering his interpretations, he was quick to give God the credit for his ability to do so (Daniel 2:28).

Daniel’s integrity as a man of God gained him favor with the secular world, yet he refused to compromise his faith in God. Even under the intimidation of kings and rulers, Daniel remained steadfast in his commitment to God. Daniel also teaches us that, no matter whom we are dealing with, no matter what their status is, we are to treat them with compassion. See how concerned he was when delivering the interpretation to Nebuchadnezzar’s second dream (Daniel 4:19). As Christians, we are called to obey the rulers and authorities that God has put in place, treating them with respect and compassion; however, as we see from Daniel’s example, obeying God’s law must always take precedence over obeying men (Romans 13:1–7; Acts 5:29).

As a result of his devotion, Daniel found favor with man and with God (Daniel 9:20-23). Notice also in those verses what the angel Gabriel told Daniel about how swiftly the answer to his prayer was dispatched. This shows us how ready the Lord is to hear the prayers of His people. Daniel’s strength lay in his devotion to prayer and is a lesson for us all. It is not just in the bad times but on a daily basis that we must come to God in prayer.

Remember:

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
  • There are some striking similarities between the life of Daniel and that of Jacob’s son Joseph. Both of them prospered in foreign lands after interpreting dreams for their rulers, and both were elevated to high office as a result of their faithfulness to God.

• Daniel and his compatriots proved to be the wisest of all the trainees, and, at the end of their training, they entered the service of King Nebuchadnezzar. Daniel’s first sign of faithfulness to God was when he and his three friends rejected the rich food and wine from the king’s table, because they deemed it a defilement, and became vegetarians. As their health improved, they were permitted to continue with their chosen diet. In their education, the four men from Judah became knowledgeable in all Babylonian matters, and Daniel was given by God the ability to understand dreams and visions of all kinds (Daniel 1:17).

• For his wisdom, Daniel was honored by King Nebuchadnezzar and placed in authority over all the wise men of Babylon. At Daniel’s request, his three countrymen were also placed in positions of authority as administrators of Babylon.

• Under the new ruler, Daniel excelled in his duties as one of the administrators to such a degree that King Darius was contemplating making him head over all the kingdom (Daniel 6:1-3).

• Daniel exercised great integrity and, in doing so, received the respect and affection of the powerful rulers he served. However, his honesty and loyalty to his masters never led him to compromise his faith in the one true God. Rather than it being an obstacle to his success, Daniel’s continual devotion to God brought him the admiration of the unbelievers in his circle. When delivering his interpretations, he was quick to give God the credit for his ability to do so (Daniel 2:28).

• Daniel’s integrity as a man of God gained him favor with the secular world, yet he refused to compromise his faith in God. Even under the intimidation of kings and rulers, Daniel remained steadfast in his commitment to God.

• As a result of his devotion, Daniel found favor with man and with God (Daniel 9:20-23).

• At the difference of Samuel, so many questions stay unanswered because we don’t know anything about his childhood and youth before he goes to babylon!

• However, it shows the importance of an education where Yah·weh is omnipresent!

• An education which leads to an accurate knowledge of the Bible away from today’s corruption!

• So different from today’s world!

• But accurate knowledge doesn’t occur by chance!

• It means hard work and regularity and being 100% active not passive!

Remember:

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
VISIONS:
- I want to compare the different visions in the Bible, the different characters, the different elements, all the details, how it happens, everything!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1 JEREMIAH

- JEREMIAH 1:11

- Yah.weh asks Jeremiah: “What do you see, Jeremiah?”

- Jeremiah answers that he sees a branch of an almond tree!

- So here we get a dialogue between Yah.weh and Jeremiah!

- It indicates they have a strong relationship!

- Imagine that: he sees only one thing: a branch of an almond tree!

- Apparently, there is nothing else!

- Thus he can only concentrate on the branch of the almond tree!

- Does it remind you of something?

- Numbers 17!

- The rebellion of Korah, Dathan and Abiram and the 250 men and then the Israelites!

- Yah.weh makes Aaron’s rod bud to put a stop to the murmuring of the Israelites!

- And the rod gets buds and blossoming flowers and ripe almonds!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
2 ISAIAH

-Isaiah 6:1

- Here Isaiah tells about what he sees!

- And he sees Yah.weh sitting on a throne, high and exalted and the train of his robe filled the temple!

- Yah.weh sitting on a throne: it is usual!

- Ram is a masculine given name. In South Asia it is a variant of Rama, and in Hebrew it means high or senior, a biblical name (Ram, son of Hezron), which is also sometimes used as a diminutive form of Avram (a variant of Abraham).

- Wə·niś·śā means To lift, carry, take!

- Wə·šū·lāw means A skirt, a bottom edge

- We may remember that Yah.weh and Jesus are the temple in the New Jerusalem according to Revelation!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
3 EZEKIEL

- Ezekiel 1:4

- Here Ezekiel tells about what he sees!

- A whirlwind coming from the north!

- A great cloud with fire flashing back and forth!

- And brilliant all around it!

- Thus we get natural elements!

- But the cloud is special: it has fire flashing back and forth!

- And it is brilliant!

- Thus it is quite luminescent!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
4 DANIEL

• Daniel chapter 2
  • Here it is quite different!
  • King Nebuchadnezzar has a dream!
  • But he doesn’t want to tell his people!
  • And he wants them to tell him the dream and its meaning!
  • Otherwise they will be put to death!
  • They answer that nobody can do that!
  • As a consequence, the king orders them to be killed !
  • When Daniel knows the order, he goes to the king and asks him for time!
  • Daniel informs his companions and asks them to pray for mercy from Yah.weh!
  • And Yah.weh reveals the dream to him!
  • He thanks him!
  • Then he goes to the king and tells him that Yah.weh has revealed to him the dream and its meaning!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
5 ZECHARIAH

- Zechariah 1:8

- He sees a vision in the night!

- he sees a man riding on a red horse that stands among the myrtle trees in the hollow!

- Behind him, there are red, sorrel and white horses!

- Here we get a man riding a horse!

- We get horses of different colors!

- We get myrtle trees!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
6 REVELATION

- Revelation 1:10

- John finds himself on Yah.weh’s day!

- And he hears a loud voice like a trumpet!

- John is the only one who first hears something before seeing anything!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
1) Daniel - comparing faithfulness to Yah.weh

- When the story of Daniel starts in the book of Daniel, Daniel is a young man!
- According to the book of Daniel (Daniel 1:4), he is brought like other young Israelites to Babylon!
- “Without blemish, handsome, gifted in all wisdom, knowledgeable, quick to understand, and qualified to serve in the king’s palace”!
- And they must be taught “the language and literature of the Chaldeans”!
- Thus right at the beginning, it is quite different from Job!
- The age is different!
- And they are all the same with the same abilities!
- Daniel has everything to prove about his faith to Yah.weh!
- But Daniel is not alone!
- We are told about three of his companions who come from Judah:
Han·a·niʹah, Mishʹa·el, and Az·a·riʹah!
- And they receive Babylonian names in a process of being religiously assimilated!
- At this time, people used names in relation to their gods!

JLG

Nov 4, 2021
2) Daniel - comparing faithfulness to Yah.weh

• He has nothing!
  • No animals!
  • No servants!
  • No children!
  • No wife!
  • We don’t know anything about his relationship to Yah.weh!
  • Daniel has to prove everything!
  • He is no one!
  • A different country!
  • A different culture!
  • Different cultures!
  • A minority among foreigners!
  • And other gods everywhere!
  • Fortunately, we get information about Daniel’s youth and adulthood!
  • Not every detail but some events of his life!
  • Personally, I enjoy reading such information again and again at the difference of other people!
  • Then you can compare with your whole life again and again!
  • Compare the different stages again and again!
  • Nothing special!
  • Just human!

TMS

Mar 21, 2015
Australia
The prophesy in Daniel 2 is clearly seen in History.

Babylon is the head of Gold.

32 This image's head was of fine gold,

The silver is the Meds and persians empire.
"his breast and his arms of silver, "

the brass is the Greek empire
"his belly and his thighs of brass,"

the iron is pagan rome,
" 33 His legs of iron, "

the iron and clay are divided europe
"his feet part of iron and part of clay. "

The stone is Jesus and the second comming.
"34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image upon his feet that were of iron and clay, and brake them to pieces."
Jesus and His kingdom.....
35 Then was the iron, the clay, the brass, the silver, and the gold, broken to pieces together, and became like the chaff of the summer threshingfloors; and the wind carried them away, that no place was found for them: and the stone that smote the image became a great mountain, and filled the whole earth.

This is the a timeline and Daniel 7 goes into more detail again.