Daniel's 70 weeks correctly interpreted (in my opinion)

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Noose

Apr 18, 2016
If it is an open book then how come so much of it is not understood? The symbolism closes it!! It is written in the same way as Daniel. Symbolic language throughout it. That symbolic language is what closes it. If it is so clear and transparent why are there 4 seperate views of eschatology coming from it?
It is open and clear for those that it is clear and open to, but to the rest, it is like a closed book, not only for end times prophesy but every other doctrine has divisions.
If you come to God with a sincere heart and all humility, i'm sure these things will be shown you.

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
I go to a non-denominational church that does not even preach on eschatology. .
That sucks. Do you know what majority of your fellow church attenders believe about eschatology?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018
Do a study of history and tell us when these books started to be revealed. It is there.. Because the People that opened these Books were historists not futuristic or preteristic.
Historists eh? Ive never heard anyone believe that position.

Could you sum it up for me briefly?
Is it amil postmil premil? Whats up?

Nov 23, 2013
Taking this verse and applying it to the end of the whole of Israel shows how important it is to keep all Scriptures in context. So what was Amos prophesying about?

One has to go through the entire prophecy of Amos to see that in 8:2 Amos is speaking about the northern kingdom of Israel under evil Jeroboam and how God would send Assyria against this kingdom and they would all go into captivity. That would be THE END OF THE NORTHERN KINGDOM, and the 10 tribes would be deemed to be "lost". We know from the history of Israel that only Judah remained after the Babylonian captivity, and the northern kingdom became Samaria (heathen according to the Jews).

But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves. Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the LORD, whose name is The God of hosts... But, behold, I will raise up against you a nation, O house of Israel, saith the LORD the God of hosts; and they shall afflict you from the entering in of Hemath unto the river of the wilderness... For thus Amos saith, Jeroboam shall die by the sword, and Israel shall surely be led away captive out of their own land... And he said, Amos, what seest thou? And I said, A basket of summer fruit. Then said the LORD unto me, The end is come upon my people of Israel; I will not again pass by them any more... They that swear by the sin [idol] of Samaria, and say, Thy god, O Dan, liveth; and, The manner of Beersheba liveth; even they shall fall, and never rise up again... (Amos 5:26,27; 6:14; 7:11; 8:2,14)

At the same time, Amos prophesied that God was NOT DONE WITH JACOB/ISRAEL FOREVER, but that there would be a redeemed and restored kingdom Israel under Christ, with all twelve tribes in the land of Israel, and David as prince over Israel under Christ.

Behold, the eyes of the Lord GOD are upon the sinful kingdom, and I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob, saith the LORD... In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old... And I will bring again the captivity of my people of Israel, and they shall build the waste cities, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and drink the wine thereof; they shall also make gardens, and eat the fruit of them. And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the LORD thy God. (Amos 9:8,11,14,15)
Do you still stand behind this in light of the fact that it takes place at the same time the tabernacle of David is raised up.

Amo 9:11 (KJV) In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raisewhen up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Other than the statue what prophecies have come to pass? The method of hiding the prophecies is the symbolism being used in both Daniel and Revelation. Sorry Charlie (Sunkist add), but both of these are very murky in understanding what is meant.
Not murky to me. At all. In fact if prophecy is a jigsaw puzzle, I am just about done.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Do you still stand behind this in light of the fact that it takes place at the same time the tabernacle of David is raised up.

Amo 9:11 (KJV) In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raisewhen up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
10 tribes would be deemed to be "lost".

Anna the prophetess was of the tribe of Asher. No doubt some of all the tribes returned.

2Chron 34
And in the cities of Manasseh, Ephraim, and Simeon, and as far as Naphtali, in their ruinsa all around, 7he broke down the altars and beat the Asherim and the images into powder and cut down all the incense altars throughout all the land of Israel. Then he returned to Jerusalem.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
And who does Gabriel reveal them to? Careful now since only cults say that.
Everybody. You me and anyone who reads it or by hearsay.

Nov 23, 2013
10 tribes would be deemed to be "lost".

Anna the prophetess was of the tribe of Asher. No doubt some of all the tribes returned.

2Chron 34
And in the cities of Manasseh, Ephraim, and Simeon, and as far as Naphtali, in their ruinsa all around, 7he broke down the altars and beat the Asherim and the images into powder and cut down all the incense altars throughout all the land of Israel. Then he returned to Jerusalem.
Are you saying the tabernacle of David was restored when the ten tribes were lost?

Hevosmies

Sep 8, 2018

Amos 9:11 is actually interpreted to us by Jacob in the NT!

Acts 15:13-17
And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written
After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.

Nov 23, 2013
Amos 9:11 is actually interpreted to us by Jacob in the NT!

Acts 15:13-17
And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me:
Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.
And to this agree the words of the prophets; as it is written
After this I will return, and will build again the tabernacle of David, which is fallen down; and I will build again the ruins thereof, and I will set it up:
That the residue of men might seek after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, upon whom my name is called, saith the Lord, who doeth all these things.
I agree and that’s the point I was trying to make. Amos 8 and 9 tell us that God was finished with Israel forever when Christ came.

There will be no third temple, no millennial animal sacrifices, no future time of Jacobs trouble.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
100 Bible Verses aboutThird Temple
Matthew 24:15 ESV / 63 helpful votes
“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
Daniel 9:27 ESV / 60 helpful votes
And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”
2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 ESV / 54 helpful votes
Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? ...
Daniel 9:24-27 ESV / 47 helpful votes
“Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place. Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”
Revelation 11:1-2 ESV / 36 helpful votes
Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, “Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 ESV / 33 helpful votes
Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
2 Thessalonians 2:4 ESV / 29 helpful votes
Who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
Daniel 11:31 ESV / 29 helpful votes
Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate.
Isaiah 14:1-2 ESV / 25 helpful votes
For the Lord will have compassion on Jacob and will again choose Israel, and will set them in their own land, and sojourners will join them and will attach themselves to the house of Jacob. And the peoples will take them and bring them to their place, and the house of Israel will possess them in the Lord's land as male and female slaves. They will take captive those who were their captors, and rule over those who oppressed them.
2 Thessalonians 2:3 ESV / 17 helpful votes
Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,

Nov 23, 2013
100 Bible Verses aboutThird Temple
Matthew 24:15 ESV / 63 helpful votes
“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),
Daniel 9:27 ESV / 60 helpful votes
And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”
2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 ESV / 54 helpful votes
Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things? ...
Daniel 9:24-27 ESV / 47 helpful votes
“Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to anoint a most holy place. Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of an anointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half of the week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolator.”
Revelation 11:1-2 ESV / 36 helpful votes
Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, “Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 ESV / 33 helpful votes
Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
2 Thessalonians 2:4 ESV / 29 helpful votes
Who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.
Daniel 11:31 ESV / 29 helpful votes
Forces from him shall appear and profane the temple and fortress, and shall take away the regular burnt offering. And they shall set up the abomination that makes desolate.
Isaiah 14:1-2 ESV / 25 helpful votes
For the Lord will have compassion on Jacob and will again choose Israel, and will set them in their own land, and sojourners will join them and will attach themselves to the house of Jacob. And the peoples will take them and bring them to their place, and the house of Israel will possess them in the Lord's land as male and female slaves. They will take captive those who were their captors, and rule over those who oppressed them.
2 Thessalonians 2:3 ESV / 17 helpful votes
Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction,
God was finished with Israel forever when Christ came the first time so there is no third temple.... there isn’t even an earthly Jerusalem ordained by God.

All the verses you posted are about the temple in AD 70 or the body of Christ and some of those verses aren’t even temples at all.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
God was finished with Israel forever when Christ came the first time so there is no third temple.... there isn’t even an earthly Jerusalem ordained by God.

All the verses you posted are about the temple in AD 70, the body of Christ and some of those verses aren’t even temples at all.
No abomination of desolation can occur without a 3rd temple. A 3rd temple is absolutely required to fulfill prophecy. Furthermore there will definitely be a Temple in Jerusalem in the millennial reign.

All prophetic references to the abomination of desolation anywhere in the NT are all refering to the 3rd temple. There is no other solution.

Nov 23, 2013
No abomination of desolation can occur without a 3rd temple. A 3rd temple is absolutely required to fulfill prophecy. Furthermore there will definitely be a Temple in Jerusalem in the millennial reign.

All prophetic references to the abomination of desolation anywhere in the NT are all refering to the 3rd temple. There is no other solution.
The abomination that made Jerusalem desolate was killing their Messiah.

Its asinine to think that placing something in a building is an abomination.

Not only that, you’re ignoring everything written in Hosea 8 and 9.... and Joel and Jeremiah and Isaiah.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
The abomination that made Jerusalem desolate was killing their Messiah.

Its asinine to think that placing something in a building is an abomination.

Not only that, you’re ignoring everything written in Hosea 8 and 9.... and Joel and Jeremiah and Isaiah.
Sir, might I draw your attention to the references of the a-o-d made in the NT after the resurrection of Christ. Of course it is referring to an end time defilement of the 3rd temple.

Nov 23, 2013
Sir, might I draw your attention to the references of the a-o-d made in the NT after the resurrection of Christ. Of course it is referring to an end time defilement of the 3rd temple.
Which verse are you talking about?

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
Which verse are you talking about?
Matthew 24:15

“Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming (coming....not going) and of the end of the age?”

“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand).

2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?

Revelation 11:2
But do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.

delirious

Mar 16, 2017
That sucks. Do you know what majority of your fellow church attenders believe about eschatology?
I know that one of my junior pastors is an amillennialist. I have never discussed it with him but I remember asking him one time. There is at least one member in my church, and probably many more, that believe in the typical dispensational timeline unfortunately. My church doesn't teach on it. Maybe my pastor is not comfortable with teaching it? I don't know.

cv5

Nov 20, 2018
I know that one of my junior pastors is an amillennialist. I have never discussed it with him but I remember asking him one time. There is at least one member in my church, and probably many more, that believe in the typical dispensational timeline unfortunately. My church doesn't teach on it. Maybe my pastor is not comfortable with teaching it? I don't know.
I do not prefer the term dispensationalism. I prefer the past and future history of Gods dealing with mankind and the world. Sound better?

BTW..... amillenialists tend to aggregate all kinds of extrabiblical doctrines, such as scientific creationism, billions of years for this that and the other thing, replacement theology. Quite a mess by and large.

Nov 23, 2013
Matthew 24:15

“Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming (coming....not going) and of the end of the age?”

“So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand).
Already done 2000 years ago. It was Christ on the cross.

2 Thessalonians 2:1-17
Now concerning the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our being gathered together to him, we ask you, brothers, not to be quickly shaken in mind or alarmed, either by a spirit or a spoken word, or a letter seeming to be from us, to the effect that the day of the Lord has come. Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God. Do you not remember that when I was still with you I told you these things?
1Co_3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Revelation 11:2
But do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.
Rev 11:2 But the court which is without the temple leave out, and measure it not; for it is given unto the Gentiles: and the holy city shall they tread under foot forty and two months.

That was temple during Jesus time. It was destroyed in AD 70 and Jerusalem has been trodden under foot of the gentiles ever since.