DANIEL'S 70 WEEKS

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
[SIZE=+2]have you received the LOVE OF THE TRUTH (at any cost to yourself)?[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+2]surely a sincere Christian can read this study (or hundreds like it), search the Scriptures for themselves, and discover that a terrible thing has crept in.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+2]if one could read this study, or any others like it, and refuse to accept that the 70 Weeks are fulfilled - therefore demolishing the idea that 7 years remain in any way for the jewish people (or anyone else) to have some second chance outside Justification by Grace through FAITH in JESUS NOW, they would be willfully blind - not [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+2]a good place to be.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+2]Biblical history shows willful blindness can lead to Judicial Blindness, and i don't wish that on anyone.....please consider carefully.[/SIZE][SIZE=+2]
~ zone.

Some teachers put the fulfillment at the end of this age and then they go to Thessalonians and find the Antichrist and bring him back to Daniel 9. Isn't that marvelous? How can you break the 70th week off and put it at the end of this age when God fulfilled it then?

This idea was first suggested by Francisco Ribera, a Jesuit priest of Salamanca, who about A.D. 1585 published a commentary on Babylon and the antichrist that taught that Daniel's 70th week was in the future. Ribera put a big rubber band on the 70th week and extended it to the end of this age. His purpose was to counter the Protestant Reformation and to set aside the Protestant teaching of the time that the papacy was the antichrist. He put the first chapters of the Revelation in the first century. The rest he put in a three and one half year period at the end of time. A Jewish temple would be rebuilt by an antichrist who would deny Christ, pretend to be God and conquer the world. Imagination is a wonderful thing!

[/SIZE][SIZE=+2]DANIEL'S 70 WEEKS[/SIZE]

by CHARLES GILBERT WESTON
Taken from cassette tapes and notes fromThe Weston Study Bible by EMMA MOORE WESTON

Daniel's mind was troubled and his soul shaken by what he read in the scrolls of Jeremiah the prophet. Jeremiah prophesied a return from their 70-year captivity in Babylon. That was good, but there were other terrible prophecies that he did not understand. God said that he would visit them to perform his good word toward them in causing them to return from all nations where he had driven them and give them "an expected end."

But Jeremiah saw two baskets of figs, some very good and some so bad that they could not be eaten. These represented people. God would give the good figs a heart to know him (Jer 24:7), and they would be his people and he would be their God for they would return to him with all their heart.

But the bad figs would be removed to all the kingdoms of the earth to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse in all the places where he would send them. Jeremiah took a bad vessel out and broke it before the elders of the people so it was beyond repair and told them that God would do just that to this people and city. (Jer 24:8.)

Daniel put on sackcloth and ashes and gave himself by prayer and fasting to seek God. In deep distress and repentance, he prayed.

"Then Gabriel was caused to fly swiftly and touched me about the time of the evening oblation and informed me. Now, Daniel I have come to give thee skill and understanding ... Now therefore understand the matter and consider the vision. I have come to show thee and give thee understanding." (Da 9:21-23) What matter? What vision? The vision that Jeremiah gave him of what was to take place when the Messiah would come.

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and the holy city to finish the transgression and to make an end of sin and to make reconciliation for iniquity and to bring in everlasting righteousness and to seal up the hidden prophecy and to anoint the most Holy. From the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times." (Da 9:24-25) A day for a year is the proper method of interpretation for the time measure present here. In these verses the calculated days equal 483 years. In the first seven weeks of years (49 years) they had a job to do in rebuilding the city.

Who could ask for anything more specific? Now they can know when he is coming and have time to prepare. The scholars knew it was time for Messiah to come when the rumors went through the land that angels had announced his coming at the birth of Jesus.

They had thirty more years to wait before Jesus walked down to the Jordan to be baptized. As he went up out of the water, they saw a dove descend on him and a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased." (Mt 3:17) This was the end of the 69th week, which fills the 483 years before Messiah should come. It is marked by the end of the time and by the special name, The Prince. The Father identified him as "David" (Strong's #1732): the Hebrew form of the English "the beloved." The literal Greek is, "This is my Son, the Beloved, that is the prophesied David:" (Ps 89:3 and 26-37: Isa 55:3-4; Jer 30:5-9; Eze 34:23; 37:24; Hos 3:5; Eph 1:6 and Col 1:13) God publicly identified and gave witness to Messiah-King explicitly as his elect Prince of David's line:

"After threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that should come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end shall be with a flood and to the end of the war desolations shall be determined." (Da 9:2427) ("The prince to come to destroy" is a parenthetical statement, for it does not fit into the things that were to be done in the 70th week.) "He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease and for the overspreading of abomination he shall make it desolate even until the consummation."

This 27th verse of Daniel 9 has been wrongly interpreted. "He shall confirm the covenant with many." Some say, "The Antichrist will make a treaty with the Israelis to bring peace in the Middle East. He breaks the covenant in the middle of the week and then we have the great tribulation." That isn't what it says. "He shall confirm the Covenant with many for ONE WEEK." Confirm means to prevail; it is a military word -- one side wins over the other side. He causes the Covenant to prevail for SEVEN years. What Covenant? "Well, the Antichrist comes and he makes the covenant." Where did they get the Antichrist? Jeremiah says nothing about an Antichrist. A New Covenant is to be made with Israel by Messiah, the Prince, and he forgives their sins and writes his word in their hearts. It is the New Covenant and it is Messiah who makes it.

All time and eternity hang upon this seven year Visitation. Seventy weeks of years (490 years) are determined to accomplish the six prophecies, not one of which was done in the sixty-nine weeks (483 years). All six prophecies are fulfilled in the 70th week. If the 70th week was postponed, then all awaits to be fulfilled. Then the 70 means nothing. And Calvary? And Pentecost?

See Da 9:24: One week of seven years contains fulfillment of the objectives stated:
1. "To finish the transgressions." Finish, kala (Strong's #3607 Heb) restrict, hold back, to restrain sin, starts with the work of John the Baptist. (Mal 4:5-6; Jn 1:23)

2. "To make an end of sins." Chatham (Strong's #2856 Heb): seal up, fill up, referring to Mt 23:13-36; 1Th 2:15-16 and Ro 9:22-29. "The Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." (Isa 53:6b)

3. "To make reconciliation for iniquity." Kaphar (Strong's #3722 Heb). See Jn 3:15-17; Ro 5:8-11; 2Co 5:17-21 and Heb 10:5-17; 7:18-19 and 8:6-13. Reconciliation as Eze 45:15, 17. "Christ died for us." (Ro 5:8b)

4. "To bring in everlasting righteousness." As Isa 51:5-8; Ro 3:2126; Php 3:7-11; 1Co 1:30 and Eph 2:1-10, "to declare his righteousness." (Ro 3:26)

5. "To seal up the vision and prophecy." Chatham (Mt 5:17-18; Eph 1:9-13; 2Co 1:18-20; Col 1:12-23; 2:8-17; 1Jn 5:10-12; 4:16 and Gal 1:8-12)

6. "To anoint the most holy." After Mt 3:13-17 and Heb 2:9-10 came the anointing in Ac 2:22-36, v. 33. This is pictured in beautiful type in the anointing of Solomon (1Ki 1:32-40) with 1Ch 28:1 to 29:22-23. "Yet have I set [anointed] my king upon my holy hill of Zion." (Ps 2:6, Cf. Isa 28:16 with 1Pe 2:4-6; Ac 4:11; 13:32-39; Rev 2:26-27; Heb 12:22-28 and 1Ti 6:15-16)
This week is the dawn of the Son of righteousness, (Jn 12:47-50; 8:12; lsa 59:20; Ac 3:22-26; Lk 19:41-44) and the focal point of the Covenants of promise, of typology and of prophecy, (Mt 5: 17-18; Ac 3:24; 26:22-23; 26:6-7; 1Pe 1:9-12; Col 2:9-17 and 1Co 10:1-11) This one week is the historical, chronological, moral and redemptive fulcrum of all the ages of the human race.

All events in Da 9:24 occurred in the seven years AFTER the 69th week with no break. Study Jeremiah chapters 29 to 31 where these events are foretold and about which Daniel inquired.

"He shall make the Covenant to prevail for one week." Gabriel was speaking of the prophecy of Jer 31:31-37, not just any, but "THE COVENANT," a new one with God's laws written in their hearts. He will forgive their iniquity and remember their sins no more. (Da 9:2127) Once the Messiah came, he was given one prophetic week of seven years to see it through.

At the end of the 69 weeks, God publicly identified Messiah, the Prince. (Mt 3:13-17) The 69 weeks (seven plus threescore and two) began in 457 B.C. with the decree of Artaxerses, (Ezra 7:11-13) and were fulfilled in A.D. 27, 483 years later. (cf. Lk 3:22-23.)

The New Covenant is to be confirmed for seven years. The seven years began in A.D. 27 and ended in A.D. 34, three and one half years of Christ's earthly ministry, then Calvary. Israel betrayed and crucified her King in the midst of the week. He was cut off, but not for himself. "For the transgression of my people was he stricken." (Isa 53:8c) Then there were three and one half years of Christ's ministry, exclusively to the Jews, from his throne by the Holy Spirit -- thus ending the 490 years.

Some teachers read the prophecies that were given during the captivity about their return, as if they should now be brought back to Israel. They take those promises and say, "You see, God said he is going to bring them back and they are coming back now." That is not the way to handle Scripture. You have to take the context and their point of view. God says that at the end of the captivity in Babylon is when the promises are to be fulfilled. Not in A.D. 20th century.

"I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith Jehovah. Then shall ye call upon me and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you, and ye shall seek me, and find me when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord, and I will gather you from all the nations, and places where I have driven you, saith the Lord, and I will bring you again into the place where l caused you to be carried away captive." (Jer 29:11-14) The context shows he is talking about the Remnant who would serve him.

But from verses 17 to 19, the word to the ungodly majority is, "Behold, I will send upon them the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, and I will make them like vile figs that cannot be eaten they are so evil ... And I will deliver them to be removed to all the nations of the earth and will make them a curse and an astonishment and a hissing and a reproach among all the nations where they are driven: Because they have not harkened to my words, saith the Lord."

Two things are involved here. One -- the destruction of the apostate group, two -- Jacob's trouble. God offers them no hope whatever. The salvation of Jacob out of it. That's the Remnant which became the Church of Jesus Christ. The ones that sought and found the Lord. See Ro 9:21-29.

The great work of God in Christ Jesus in the seven-year Visitation, was when God in person came down from the ivory palaces into a world of woe, took upon him the form of a servant, humbled himself and became obedient unto death to bring the New Covenant for all mankind. It is the greatest thing that ever happened in time or eternity; nothing could be greater. That is the Covenant it is talking about. It is explaining Jeremiah and the vision and hope that he laid before the children of Israel upon their return to the land in order to be there to receive the Messiah at the end of the 69 weeks. In spite of the fact that he was meek and lowly and coming to his people offering salvation, peace, love and a now life, they would not receive him, but rejected, condemned and crucified him. The reception God got from mankind was beyond understanding. The prophet said he came to set judgment in the earth and bring light to the Gentiles. He would not fail or be discouraged until he had accomplished his mission and that agrees with the comment that he would cause the Covenant to prevail. It is a warfare with all hell set against God in the flesh to destroy him and try to break this plan of God for the salvation of mankind. In spite of everything the devil could do against him, he was not discouraged. He went all the way to Calvary and down to hell and took captivity captive and is seated at the right hand of God, having wrought eternal salvation for us. He purged our sins and became the mediator of the New Covenant. He had brought the Covenant -- a wonderful thing. The Messiah is mentioned in the 24th verse explicitly as fulfilling the law and as sealing up prophecy and as being anointed and bringing reconciliation for sins, salvation and everlasting righteousness.

"He shall confirm the Covenant with many." (v. 27.) Why not the whole nation? The nation as a whole rejected him and his Covenant. Yet he was able to make it prevail for seven years -- with many. What Jesus began to do and to teach took him as far as Calvary and the Resurrection. After that he poured out the Holy Spirit on the believers at Pentecost.

Then he ministered from his throne through his followers for three and a half years until Stephen was stoned, the church scattered, and the gospel was taken to the Gentiles. It was the fulfillment of Da 9:27. Christ confirmed the Covenant and caused the sacrifice and oblation to cease. (Heb. 10:1-14, esp. v. 9) "He taketh away the first that he may establish the second." The New Covenant could not be confirmed except by the taking away of the Old Mosaic Covenant. It had to be done by the crucifixion of the Messiah. He took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross in the midst of that week and that did away with the sacrifice and oblation. When the veil was rent in twain in the temple, the fulfillment was absolutely precise. It had to be done in that week after the introduction of the Messiah at the Jordan when God identified him for exactly who he was. He was to make the Covenant prevail for seven years and that he did precisely.

Some teachers put the fulfillment at the end of this age and then they go to Thessalonians and find the Antichrist and bring him back to Daniel 9. Isn't that marvelous? How can you break the 70th week off and put it at the end of this age when God fulfilled it then?

This idea was first suggested by Francisco Ribera, a Jesuit priest of Salamanca, who about A.D. 1585 published a commentary on Babylon and the antichrist that taught that Daniel's 70th week was in the future. Ribera put a big rubber band on the 70th week and extended it to the end of this age. His purpose was to counter the Protestant Reformation and to set aside the Protestant teaching of the time that the papacy was the antichrist. He put the first chapters of the Revelation in the first century. The rest he put in a three and one half year period at the end of time. A Jewish temple would be rebuilt by an antichrist who would deny Christ, pretend to be God and conquer the world. Imagination is a wonderful thing!

Clarence Larkin has admitted that the material he got for his prophetic charts came from Francisco Ribera. Thousands of sincere ministers have used these charts -- not dreaming where the facts presented came from or for what purpose they were intended. The damage Ribera did to the Christian church with this concocted teaching is beyond calculation!

The 70th week has to follow the 69th -- three and one half years until he was cut off, then the rest of the week he ministered through his servants from heaven. Judgment waited as God gave Israel time to repent. They had until A.D. 70 before God totally destroyed -- completely wiped out the people -- and made the country an uninhabited desolation for fifty years.

Titus, the prince of the people who would come (Romans), and his soldiers who were gathered out of all nations of the empire, destroyed Jerusalem and the people. He was doing the bidding of Christ. The Remnant that accepted Christ left the city in obedience to Mt 24:15-22 and Lk 20:21, and escaped safely, but wrath was poured upon Christ rejecting Israel. (1Th 2:14-16; Mt 23:32-36.) Wrath fell only upon the disobedient and it came upon them to the uttermost. (See the Destruction of Jerusalem in The Weston Study Bible appendix.)

All scholars agree that in Daniel the divine time measure is a day for a year. (Eze 4:6.) The 70 weeks began in 457 B.C. and concluded in A.D. 34.

The prophecy has already been fulfilled.

http://www.gospeltruth.net/scofield.htm

next: ANALYZING Scofield

Last edited:
N

Necto

I think that these prophecies are not all so simple! We are likely to be learners in this matter.

S

Scotth1960

[SIZE=+2]have you received the LOVE OF THE TRUTH (at any cost to yourself)?[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+2]surely a sincere Christian can read this study (or hundreds like it), search the Scriptures for themselves, and discover that a terrible thing has crept in.[/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+2]if one could read this study, or any others like it, and refuse to accept that the 70 Weeks are fulfilled - therefore demolishing the idea that 7 years remain in any way for the jewish people (or anyone else) to have some second chance outside Justification by Grace through FAITH in JESUS NOW, they would be willfully blind - not [/SIZE]​

[SIZE=+2]Biblical history shows willful blindness can lead to Judicial Blindness, and i don't wish that on anyone.....please consider carefully.[/SIZE][SIZE=+2]
~ zone.[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]

Taken from cassette tapes and notes fromThe Weston Study Bible by EMMA MOORE WESTON

Daniel's mind was troubled and his soul shaken by what he read in the scrolls of Jeremiah the prophet. Jeremiah prophesied a return from their 70-year captivity in Babylon. That was good, but there were other terrible prophecies that he did not understand. God said that he would visit them to perform his good word toward them in causing them to return from all nations where he had driven them and give them "an expected end."

But Jeremiah saw two baskets of figs, some very good and some so bad that they could not be eaten. These represented people. God would give the good figs a heart to know him (Jer 24:7), and they would be his people and he would be their God for they would return to him with all their heart.

But the bad figs would be removed to all the kingdoms of the earth to be a reproach and a proverb, a taunt and a curse in all the places where he would send them. Jeremiah took a bad vessel out and broke it before the elders of the people so it was beyond repair and told them that God would do just that to this people and city. (Jer 24:8.)

Daniel put on sackcloth and ashes and gave himself by prayer and fasting to seek God. In deep distress and repentance, he prayed.

"Then Gabriel was caused to fly swiftly and touched me about the time of the evening oblation and informed me. Now, Daniel I have come to give thee skill and understanding ... Now therefore understand the matter and consider the vision. I have come to show thee and give thee understanding." (Da 9:21-23) What matter? What vision? The vision that Jeremiah gave him of what was to take place when the Messiah would come.

"Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and the holy city to finish the transgression and to make an end of sin and to make reconciliation for iniquity and to bring in everlasting righteousness and to seal up the hidden prophecy and to anoint the most Holy. From the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times." (Da 9:24-25) A day for a year is the proper method of interpretation for the time measure present here. In these verses the calculated days equal 483 years. In the first seven weeks of years (49 years) they had a job to do in rebuilding the city.

Who could ask for anything more specific? Now they can know when he is coming and have time to prepare. The scholars knew it was time for Messiah to come when the rumors went through the land that angels had announced his coming at the birth of Jesus.

They had thirty more years to wait before Jesus walked down to the Jordan to be baptized. As he went up out of the water, they saw a dove descend on him and a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son in whom I am well pleased." (Mt 3:17) This was the end of the 69th week, which fills the 483 years before Messiah should come. It is marked by the end of the time and by the special name, The Prince. The Father identified him as "David" (Strong's #1732): the Hebrew form of the English "the beloved." The literal Greek is, "This is my Son, the Beloved, that is the prophesied David:" (Ps 89:3 and 26-37: Isa 55:3-4; Jer 30:5-9; Eze 34:23; 37:24; Hos 3:5; Eph 1:6 and Col 1:13) God publicly identified and gave witness to Messiah-King explicitly as his elect Prince of David's line:

"After threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that should come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end shall be with a flood and to the end of the war desolations shall be determined." (Da 9:2427) ("The prince to come to destroy" is a parenthetical statement, for it does not fit into the things that were to be done in the 70th week.) "He shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and oblation to cease and for the overspreading of abomination he shall make it desolate even until the consummation."

This 27th verse of Daniel 9 has been wrongly interpreted. "He shall confirm the covenant with many." Some say, "The Antichrist will make a treaty with the Israelis to bring peace in the Middle East. He breaks the covenant in the middle of the week and then we have the great tribulation." That isn't what it says. "He shall confirm the Covenant with many for ONE WEEK." Confirm means to prevail; it is a military word -- one side wins over the other side. He causes the Covenant to prevail for SEVEN years. What Covenant? "Well, the Antichrist comes and he makes the covenant." Where did they get the Antichrist? Jeremiah says nothing about an Antichrist. A New Covenant is to be made with Israel by Messiah, the Prince, and he forgives their sins and writes his word in their hearts. It is the New Covenant and it is Messiah who makes it.

All time and eternity hang upon this seven year Visitation. Seventy weeks of years (490 years) are determined to accomplish the six prophecies, not one of which was done in the sixty-nine weeks (483 years). All six prophecies are fulfilled in the 70th week. If the 70th week was postponed, then all awaits to be fulfilled. Then the 70 means nothing. And Calvary? And Pentecost?

See Da 9:24: One week of seven years contains fulfillment of the objectives stated:
1. "To finish the transgressions." Finish, kala (Strong's #3607 Heb) restrict, hold back, to restrain sin, starts with the work of John the Baptist. (Mal 4:5-6; Jn 1:23)

2. "To make an end of sins." Chatham (Strong's #2856 Heb): seal up, fill up, referring to Mt 23:13-36; 1Th 2:15-16 and Ro 9:22-29. "The Lord hath laid on him the iniquity of us all." (Isa 53:6b)

3. "To make reconciliation for iniquity." Kaphar (Strong's #3722 Heb). See Jn 3:15-17; Ro 5:8-11; 2Co 5:17-21 and Heb 10:5-17; 7:18-19 and 8:6-13. Reconciliation as Eze 45:15, 17. "Christ died for us." (Ro 5:8b)

4. "To bring in everlasting righteousness." As Isa 51:5-8; Ro 3:2126; Php 3:7-11; 1Co 1:30 and Eph 2:1-10, "to declare his righteousness." (Ro 3:26)

5. "To seal up the vision and prophecy." Chatham (Mt 5:17-18; Eph 1:9-13; 2Co 1:18-20; Col 1:12-23; 2:8-17; 1Jn 5:10-12; 4:16 and Gal 1:8-12)

6. "To anoint the most holy." After Mt 3:13-17 and Heb 2:9-10 came the anointing in Ac 2:22-36, v. 33. This is pictured in beautiful type in the anointing of Solomon (1Ki 1:32-40) with 1Ch 28:1 to 29:22-23. "Yet have I set [anointed] my king upon my holy hill of Zion." (Ps 2:6, Cf. Isa 28:16 with 1Pe 2:4-6; Ac 4:11; 13:32-39; Rev 2:26-27; Heb 12:22-28 and 1Ti 6:15-16)
This week is the dawn of the Son of righteousness, (Jn 12:47-50; 8:12; lsa 59:20; Ac 3:22-26; Lk 19:41-44) and the focal point of the Covenants of promise, of typology and of prophecy, (Mt 5: 17-18; Ac 3:24; 26:22-23; 26:6-7; 1Pe 1:9-12; Col 2:9-17 and 1Co 10:1-11) This one week is the historical, chronological, moral and redemptive fulcrum of all the ages of the human race.

All events in Da 9:24 occurred in the seven years AFTER the 69th week with no break. Study Jeremiah chapters 29 to 31 where these events are foretold and about which Daniel inquired.

"He shall make the Covenant to prevail for one week." Gabriel was speaking of the prophecy of Jer 31:31-37, not just any, but "THE COVENANT," a new one with God's laws written in their hearts. He will forgive their iniquity and remember their sins no more. (Da 9:2127) Once the Messiah came, he was given one prophetic week of seven years to see it through.

At the end of the 69 weeks, God publicly identified Messiah, the Prince. (Mt 3:13-17) The 69 weeks (seven plus threescore and two) began in 457 B.C. with the decree of Artaxerses, (Ezra 7:11-13) and were fulfilled in A.D. 27, 483 years later. (cf. Lk 3:22-23.)

The New Covenant is to be confirmed for seven years. The seven years began in A.D. 27 and ended in A.D. 34, three and one half years of Christ's earthly ministry, then Calvary. Israel betrayed and crucified her King in the midst of the week. He was cut off, but not for himself. "For the transgression of my people was he stricken." (Isa 53:8c) Then there were three and one half years of Christ's ministry, exclusively to the Jews, from his throne by the Holy Spirit -- thus ending the 490 years.

Some teachers read the prophecies that were given during the captivity about their return, as if they should now be brought back to Israel. They take those promises and say, "You see, God said he is going to bring them back and they are coming back now." That is not the way to handle Scripture. You have to take the context and their point of view. God says that at the end of the captivity in Babylon is when the promises are to be fulfilled. Not in A.D. 20th century.

"I know the thoughts I think toward you, saith Jehovah. Then shall ye call upon me and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you, and ye shall seek me, and find me when ye shall search for me with all your heart. And I will be found of you, saith the Lord, and I will gather you from all the nations, and places where I have driven you, saith the Lord, and I will bring you again into the place where l caused you to be carried away captive." (Jer 29:11-14) The context shows he is talking about the Remnant who would serve him.

But from verses 17 to 19, the word to the ungodly majority is, "Behold, I will send upon them the sword, the famine, and the pestilence, and I will make them like vile figs that cannot be eaten they are so evil ... And I will deliver them to be removed to all the nations of the earth and will make them a curse and an astonishment and a hissing and a reproach among all the nations where they are driven: Because they have not harkened to my words, saith the Lord."

Two things are involved here. One -- the destruction of the apostate group, two -- Jacob's trouble. God offers them no hope whatever. The salvation of Jacob out of it. That's the Remnant which became the Church of Jesus Christ. The ones that sought and found the Lord. See Ro 9:21-29.

The great work of God in Christ Jesus in the seven-year Visitation, was when God in person came down from the ivory palaces into a world of woe, took upon him the form of a servant, humbled himself and became obedient unto death to bring the New Covenant for all mankind. It is the greatest thing that ever happened in time or eternity; nothing could be greater. That is the Covenant it is talking about. It is explaining Jeremiah and the vision and hope that he laid before the children of Israel upon their return to the land in order to be there to receive the Messiah at the end of the 69 weeks. In spite of the fact that he was meek and lowly and coming to his people offering salvation, peace, love and a now life, they would not receive him, but rejected, condemned and crucified him. The reception God got from mankind was beyond understanding. The prophet said he came to set judgment in the earth and bring light to the Gentiles. He would not fail or be discouraged until he had accomplished his mission and that agrees with the comment that he would cause the Covenant to prevail. It is a warfare with all hell set against God in the flesh to destroy him and try to break this plan of God for the salvation of mankind. In spite of everything the devil could do against him, he was not discouraged. He went all the way to Calvary and down to hell and took captivity captive and is seated at the right hand of God, having wrought eternal salvation for us. He purged our sins and became the mediator of the New Covenant. He had brought the Covenant -- a wonderful thing. The Messiah is mentioned in the 24th verse explicitly as fulfilling the law and as sealing up prophecy and as being anointed and bringing reconciliation for sins, salvation and everlasting righteousness.

"He shall confirm the Covenant with many." (v. 27.) Why not the whole nation? The nation as a whole rejected him and his Covenant. Yet he was able to make it prevail for seven years -- with many. What Jesus began to do and to teach took him as far as Calvary and the Resurrection. After that he poured out the Holy Spirit on the believers at Pentecost.

Then he ministered from his throne through his followers for three and a half years until Stephen was stoned, the church scattered, and the gospel was taken to the Gentiles. It was the fulfillment of Da 9:27. Christ confirmed the Covenant and caused the sacrifice and oblation to cease. (Heb. 10:1-14, esp. v. 9) "He taketh away the first that he may establish the second." The New Covenant could not be confirmed except by the taking away of the Old Mosaic Covenant. It had to be done by the crucifixion of the Messiah. He took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross in the midst of that week and that did away with the sacrifice and oblation. When the veil was rent in twain in the temple, the fulfillment was absolutely precise. It had to be done in that week after the introduction of the Messiah at the Jordan when God identified him for exactly who he was. He was to make the Covenant prevail for seven years and that he did precisely.

Clarence Larkin has admitted that the material he got for his prophetic charts came from Francisco Ribera. Thousands of sincere ministers have used these charts -- not dreaming where the facts presented came from or for what purpose they were intended. The damage Ribera did to the Christian church with this concocted teaching is beyond calculation!

The 70th week has to follow the 69th -- three and one half years until he was cut off, then the rest of the week he ministered through his servants from heaven. Judgment waited as God gave Israel time to repent. They had until A.D. 70 before God totally destroyed -- completely wiped out the people -- and made the country an uninhabited desolation for fifty years.

Titus, the prince of the people who would come (Romans), and his soldiers who were gathered out of all nations of the empire, destroyed Jerusalem and the people. He was doing the bidding of Christ. The Remnant that accepted Christ left the city in obedience to Mt 24:15-22 and Lk 20:21, and escaped safely, but wrath was poured upon Christ rejecting Israel. (1Th 2:14-16; Mt 23:32-36.) Wrath fell only upon the disobedient and it came upon them to the uttermost. (See the Destruction of Jerusalem in The Weston Study Bible appendix.)

All scholars agree that in Daniel the divine time measure is a day for a year. (Eze 4:6.) The 70 weeks began in 457 B.C. and concluded in A.D. 34.

AMEN. Come, LORD Jesus! In Erie PA Scott R. Harrington

E

endofallfears

I have a question. If Christ is "the prince" who makes the covenant for one week, doesn't that, contextually, make "the prince" also the "abomination of desolation".

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”
(Dan 9:27)

I see this verse is expanded on in Danial 12.

“And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12*Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.
(Dan 12:11-12)

I see from the end of the daily sacrifice and the set-up of the abomination of desolation is 3 1/2 years, which would be the mid-point of the 70th week.
If Jesus warned us about the "abomination of desolation" during his earthly ministry,

15*“Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16*“then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
(Mt 24:15-16)

Is Jesus warning the disciples about what he is going to do?
Is Jesus identifying himself as the abomination of desolation?
Isn't the prophecy saying "the prince" is going to stop all sacrifices and himself "stand in the holy place." ?

zone

Jun 13, 2010
hi endof:)

i hope i didn't say Christ was the "prince":confused: oops if i did...that would be Titus.

that part is in there because it describes the consummation of the decree/judgment on jerusalem.

Daniel 9:24
Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

the carrying out of the sentence on Jerusalem was within that GENERATION (40 yrs), just as Jesus said it would be, but not within the 70 weeks.

zone.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
I have a question. If Christ is "the prince" who makes the covenant for one week, doesn't that, contextually, make "the prince" also the "abomination of desolation".

Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week;
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering.
And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate,
Even until the consummation, which is determined,
Is poured out on the desolate.”
(Dan 9:27)

I see this verse is expanded on in Danial 12.

“And from the time that the daily sacrifice is taken away, and the abomination of desolation is set up, there shall be one thousand two hundred and ninety days.
12*Blessed is he who waits, and comes to the one thousand three hundred and thirty-five days.
(Dan 12:11-12)

I see from the end of the daily sacrifice and the set-up of the abomination of desolation is 3 1/2 years, which would be the mid-point of the 70th week.
If Jesus warned us about the "abomination of desolation" during his earthly ministry,

15*“Therefore when you see the ‘abomination of desolation,’ spoken of by Daniel the prophet, standing in the holy place” (whoever reads, let him understand), 16*“then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains.
(Mt 24:15-16)

Is Jesus warning the disciples about what he is going to do?
Is Jesus identifying himself as the abomination of desolation?
Isn't the prophecy saying "the prince" is going to stop all sacrifices and himself "stand in the holy place." ?
hi again endof.
i suspect we have types ahead.
but i'm convinced those passages are all related to Titus and 70AD.

especially since i've been looking at Josephus.
(unfortunately the following is from a SDA site (ignore that):(but it lines up with what i've discovered).

Matthew 24:15-22
“When you therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) 16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains: 17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house: 18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes. 19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days! 20 But pray you that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: 21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.”

Luke 21:20-24
“And when you shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh. 21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. 22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled. 23 But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people. 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled.”

The reference to the book of Daniel that Matthew is referring to in Matthew 24:15 is Daniel chapter 9. Besides being the perfect Messianic prophecy proving that Jesus was the Christ, this chapter also speaks of the rebuilding of the Temple and Jerusalem and also the final destruction of the temple in verse 27, which specifically makes reference to the abomination of desolation.

Daniel 9:27 KJV
“And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.”

Daniel 9:27 NKJV
“Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate.”

Note carefully the meaning of the word translated “overspreading” in the King James Version of Daniel 9:27 from the New King James Version translation and the Strong's dictionary.

H3671 kaw-nawf' From H3670; an edge or extremity; specifically (of a bird or army) a wing, (of a garment or bed clothing) a flap, (of the earth) a quarter, (of a building) a pinnacle: - + bird, border, corner, end, feather [-ed], X flying, + (one an-) other, overspreading, X quarters, skirt, X sort, uttermost part, wing ([-ed]).

Sir Isaac Newton had a good understanding on the abomination of desolation. He explains the wing (“overspreading”) of abominations to be the Roman ensigns (eagles) brought to the east gate of the temple, and there sacrificed to by the soldiers; the war, ending in the destruction of Jerusalem, lasted from spring A.D. 67 to autumn A.D. 70. [Josephus, Wars of the Jews, 6.6].

It is important to note that the ensign of the Roman armies was an eagle, and the solders offered sacrifices to the banners showing the eagles in preparation for battle. Note Deuteronomy 28:49 and the Commentary by Robert Jamieson, A. R. Fausset and David Brown on this verse.

Deuteronomy 28:49-52
“The LORD shall bring a nation against you from far, from the end of the earth, as swift as the eagle flieth; a nation whose tongue you shall not understand; 50 A nation of fierce countenance, which shall not regard the person of the old, nor show favour to the young: 51 And he shall eat the fruit of your cattle, and the fruit of your land, until you be destroyed: which also shall not leave you either corn, wine, or oil, or the increase of your kine, or flocks of your sheep, until he have destroyed you. 52 And he shall besiege you in all your gates, until your high and fenced walls come down, wherein you trustedst, throughout all your land: and he shall besiege you in all your gates throughout all your land, which the LORD your God has given you.”

Commentary by Robert Jamieson, A. R. Fausset and David Brown
“Deu 28:49 The Lord shall bring a nation against thee from far – the invasion of the Romans – “they came from far.” The soldiers of the invading army were taken from France, Spain, and Britain – then considered “the end of the earth.” Julius Severus, the commander, afterwards Vespasian and Hadrian, left Britain for the scene of contest. Moreover, the ensign on the standards of the Roman army was “an eagle”; and the dialects spoken by the soldiers of the different nations that composed that army were altogether unintelligible to the Jews.

Deu 28:50 A nation of fierce countenance – a just description of the Romans, who were not only bold and unyielding, but ruthless and implacable.

Deu 28:51 he shall eat the fruit of thy cattle, etc. – According to the Jewish historian, every district of the country through which they passed was strewn with the wrecks of their devastation.

Deu 28:52 he shall besiege thee … until thy high and fenced walls come down – All the fortified places to which the people betook themselves for safety were burnt or demolished, and the walls of Jerusalem itself razed to the ground.”

The Jewish historian Josephus also sheds some light on the question what is the abomination of desolation. He made the following observations regarding the temple and the siege of Jerusalem by the Roman armies:

“...he was accused by Judas and Matthias; for the king had erected over the great gate of the temple a large eagle, of great value, and had dedicated it to the temple.”
– The Antiquities Of The Jews, Book 17, Chapter 6, Section 2.

“These lamented those that were put to death by Herod, because they had cut down the golden eagle that had been over the gate of the temple.” – The Wars Of The Jews, Book 2, Chapter 2, Section 5.

“1. NOW, as Titus was upon his march into the enemy's country, the auxiliaries that were sent by the kings marched first, having all the other auxiliaries with them; after whom followed those that were to prepare the roads and measure out the camp; then came the commander's baggage, and after that the other soldiers, who were completely armed to support them; then came Titus himself, having with him another select body; and then came the pikemen; after whom came the horse belonging to that legion. All these came before the engines; and after these engines came the tribunes and the leaders of the cohorts, with their select bodies; after these came the ensigns, with the eagle; and before those ensigns came the trumpeters belonging to them;” – The Wars of The Jews, Book V, Chapter II, Section 1.

“Then came the ensigns encompassing the eagle, which is at the head of every Roman legion, the king, and the strongest of all birds, which seems to them a signal of dominion, and an omen that they shall conquer all against whom they march...” – The Wars Of The Jews, Book 3, Chapter 6, Section 2.

Jesus told His disciples THEY had to watch for the signs and the armies...and to flee. He told whoever read His words and understood to get out and they would live...which they did.

~ sigh...talk to you elsewhere i hope
zone

Last edited:
E

endofallfears

As I read Daniel 9:24-27, I don't see where a parenthetical is indicated within the context. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Love,
Endof

zone

Jun 13, 2010
As I read Daniel 9:24-27, I don't see where a parenthetical is indicated within the context. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Love,
Endof
hi endof. ya, that quote did say Jesus was the prince. sorry. i don't believe that, i believe it is referring to Titus (in any case, Titus and the destruction of Jerusalem was by decree).

re the parenthetical:

if we can see that that critical 70th week WAS fulfilled, the grand deception comes quickly into view: the ONLY reason for separating that week from the other 69 is to say Messiah hasn't come, or hasn't performed His Work IN FULL.

guess where that has led us?:rolleyes:

talk to you later
love zone

N

Necto

The mystery of last week "very few people guessed! Therefore, all interpretations become a lie!

E

eternally-gratefull

Daniels 70th week could not possibly have happened yet.

first off. We know the end of the 69 weeks, the time Jesus entered Jerusalem, at the end of which he was cut off.

Since this was the end of the literal 69 weeks of the prophesy, the end of the literal 70th week would have been 7 years past this time, (Depending on which date you consider year 1, this would have been 40-43 AD)

Since Titus did not happen until 70 AD, he does not fit the time frame.

the only way we can make Titus fit the time frame is to literally translate the 69 weeks, and then alleorize, or take the last week in a non literal interpretation, which makes no sense. and which has caused alot of false translations of this time period.

S

Scotth1960

AMEN. THE PROPHECY OF DANIEL OF THE 70 WEEKS HAS ALREADY BEEN FULFILLED IN FULL. Scott Harrington Erie PA

~ zone.[/SIZE]​
[SIZE=+2]

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
70 weeks have been decreed for the people of Israel and the holy city Jerusalem. The very first thing to be understood about this prophecy is that it is to the nation of Israel.

The next thing to realize about this prophecy is that it gives an exact date for when Jesus would enter Jerusalem. In giving this date, Gabriel split this 70 weeks into 3 parts, a 7 weeks, and then a 62 weeks, and then a week. Gabriel did this, not man. He said that from the order to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, there would be seven weeks and sixty two weeks. This was not just because of the way that Gabriel counted, there is reason in every word written in scripture.

Then we should realize that this entire message is about endings, an end of sin, to finish the transgression, to bring in everlasting righteousness. Even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. And on the one who makes desolate, a complete destruction. (I have never seen any prophecy which used that term to describe a specific person's end.)

Just my thoughts, but sin is not finished, but Jesus has paid the cost for every sin. People blaspheme the Holy Spirit every day, by denying the call to receive the love of the truth. The unforgivable sin. Murders and rapes and thefts and adulteries and cursing and lies abound. Sin has not been done away with, it has not ended, but for those who receive, sin is no longer their master, and they can live before God as righteous, and even if they sin they have an advocate. The transgression is not finished, because the usurper is still doing his thing, deceiving the nations, which nations should be giving God the glory He is due, but instead they are giving glory to themselves, and to nature, and to the false goddess, the world. And of course, to money. And the rich steal from the poor, and scheme to take their wages, in ever increasingly devious way, and even make them law. Iniquity.

The devil is alive and well. Sin is still at work, and iniquity is still with us, and the transgression does still occur. Nothing is yet as it will be. Every drop of blood will have an answer, and every word will be accounted for, and nothing that is hidden will be left unrevealed. God will rule from His throne in heaven, and from His throne in the earth.

"Son of man, this is the place of My throne, and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell among the sons of Israel forever. And the house of Israel will not again defile My holy name, neither they nor their kings, by their harlotry and by the corpses of their kings when they die, by setting their threshold by my threshold, and their door post beside my door post, with only the wall between Me and them. And they have defiled My holy name by their abominations which they have committed. So I have consumed them in My anger. Now let them put away their harlotry and the corpses of their kings far from Me; and I will dwell among them forever."

When I saw the Lord, He did not say anything. He looked at me with His eyes of fire, burning at my sin, at my iniquity, at my arrogance at believing that I knew Him from reading a book. And He was angry and sad, that I had made grace to be a thing of belief, and taught others this also. And He crucified the old man I was.

Still, I sin, and I repent, and I cry over my transgressions and my iniquity. And He forgives me, and intercedes for me with the Father.

Do I understand Him? No. There is still much mystery in His work and in His plans. But He knows me, and I hear His voice.

The mystery of iniquity does still work. The end is not yet.

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus.

E

eternally-gratefull

70 weeks have been decreed for the people of Israel and the holy city Jerusalem. The very first thing to be understood about this prophecy is that it is to the nation of Israel.

The next thing to realize about this prophecy is that it gives an exact date for when Jesus would enter Jerusalem. In giving this date, Gabriel split this 70 weeks into 3 parts, a 7 weeks, and then a 62 weeks, and then a week. Gabriel did this, not man. He said that from the order to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, there would be seven weeks and sixty two weeks. This was not just because of the way that Gabriel counted, there is reason in every word written in scripture.

Then we should realize that this entire message is about endings, an end of sin, to finish the transgression, to bring in everlasting righteousness. Even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. And on the one who makes desolate, a complete destruction. (I have never seen any prophecy which used that term to describe a specific person's end.)

Just my thoughts, but sin is not finished, but Jesus has paid the cost for every sin. People blaspheme the Holy Spirit every day, by denying the call to receive the love of the truth. The unforgivable sin. Murders and rapes and thefts and adulteries and cursing and lies abound. Sin has not been done away with, it has not ended, but for those who receive, sin is no longer their master, and they can live before God as righteous, and even if they sin they have an advocate. The transgression is not finished, because the usurper is still doing his thing, deceiving the nations, which nations should be giving God the glory He is due, but instead they are giving glory to themselves, and to nature, and to the false goddess, the world. And of course, to money. And the rich steal from the poor, and scheme to take their wages, in ever increasingly devious way, and even make them law. Iniquity.

The devil is alive and well. Sin is still at work, and iniquity is still with us, and the transgression does still occur. Nothing is yet as it will be. Every drop of blood will have an answer, and every word will be accounted for, and nothing that is hidden will be left unrevealed. God will rule from His throne in heaven, and from His throne in the earth.

"Son of man, this is the place of My throne, and the place of the soles of My feet, where I will dwell among the sons of Israel forever. And the house of Israel will not again defile My holy name, neither they nor their kings, by their harlotry and by the corpses of their kings when they die, by setting their threshold by my threshold, and their door post beside my door post, with only the wall between Me and them. And they have defiled My holy name by their abominations which they have committed. So I have consumed them in My anger. Now let them put away their harlotry and the corpses of their kings far from Me; and I will dwell among them forever."

When I saw the Lord, He did not say anything. He looked at me with His eyes of fire, burning at my sin, at my iniquity, at my arrogance at believing that I knew Him from reading a book. And He was angry and sad, that I had made grace to be a thing of belief, and taught others this also. And He crucified the old man I was.

Still, I sin, and I repent, and I cry over my transgressions and my iniquity. And He forgives me, and intercedes for me with the Father.

Do I understand Him? No. There is still much mystery in His work and in His plans. But He knows me, and I hear His voice.

The mystery of iniquity does still work. The end is not yet.

Even so, come quickly Lord Jesus.
Agree, and can take it even further. The 70th week was to make and end of sin for Isreal, and restore them to their land, and finally fulfill all covenants made between God and Isreal.

Things to remember,

1. The davidic covenant has never been filfilled, Jesus has never sat on the thron ein Jerusalem, which he will for 1000 years in fulfillment of this covenant

2. The covenant (national) covenant between God and Abraham has not yet been fulfilled ( the land that God gave his offspring) For isreal has never occupied all the land that God promised to Abraham.

These things will be fullfileed at the end of the 70 weeks, when as John says in revelations, he will come on a white horse, with his robe dipped in blood, to wipe out all evil, and set up his kingdom.

These things have not happened yet. Thus the 70th week could not have happened yet.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Agree, and can take it even further. The 70th week was to make and end of sin for Isreal, and restore them to their land, and finally fulfill all covenants made between God and Isreal.

Things to remember,

1. The davidic covenant has never been filfilled, Jesus has never sat on the thron ein Jerusalem, which he will for 1000 years in fulfillment of this covenant
Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

~ IS JESUS KING NOW? was Zechariah fulfilled?

~ the answer is either yes or no.

~ if the answer is YES, the Davidic Covenant is fulfilled. but a dispensationalist CAN not by definition see this, since he does not approach Scripture by the Covenant model, and does not understand that ALL covenants found their fulfillment in Jesus Christ.

~ as with all other prophecies concerning Jesus Christ, the dispensationalist sees them as requiring fulfillment in other, temporal ways, such as in or through ancient israel, old jerusalem, this old earth.

Matthew 21:5
"Say to the Daughter of Zion, 'See, your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.'"

John 12:5
"Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt."

Luke 24:27
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Matthew 2:2
and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."

~ is Jesus King now?

Jeremiah 23:5

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.

Isaiah 11:1
A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

~ were these prophecies of Jeremiah and Isaiah FULFILLED? is Jesus KING NOW? did The Branch Come?

Luke 1
Birth of Jesus Foretold
26In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27to a virgin betrothedb to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. And the virgin’s name was Mary. 28And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!”c 29But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. 30And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 32He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

~ if this passage is true, and Jesus is King now, His Kingdom has begun, and the Davidic Covenant is fulfilled.

1 Corinthians 1:3
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Isaiah 42:6
"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,

~ if the two above verses are true, Jesus HAS BECOME our righteousness, holiness and redemption. not yet to come. [this is important in understanding Daniel's 70 weeks]

Paul told the conrinthians they were already IN CHIST JESUS, and that Jesus is our righteousness and redemption.

~ but the dispensationalist can not see that Jesus fulfilled all righteousness [see His baptism in the jordan and His dialogue with John, indicating the 70th week had begun) and will consummate all things at The Second Advent with Judgment, the New Jeruslaem, New Heavens and New Earth, because the dispensationalist has believed the 7th dispensation of Scofieldism (which is a Pharisee production). that theology leaves Christ's Work NOT FINISHED.

~ why can't we SEE Jesus on His Throne right now?

John 18:33-40
My Kingdom Is Not of This World
So Pilate entered his headquarters again and called Jesus and said to him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” Jesus answered, “Do you say this of your own accord, or did others say it to you about me?” Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered you over to me. What have you done?” Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” Pilate said to him, “What is truth?”

After he had said this, he went back outside to the Jews and told them, “I find no guilt in him. But you have a custom that I should release one man for you at the Passover. So do you want me to release to you the King of the Jews?” They cried out again, “Not this man, but Barabbas!” Now Barabbas was a robber.

~ just because He was rejected by some does that mean HE IS NOT KING?

Luke 17:21
nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within [in your midst] you."

John 6:15
Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

John 19:1-11
Jesus Delivered to Be Crucified
Then Pilate took Jesus and flogged him. And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head and arrayed him in a purple robe. They came up to him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!” and struck him with their hands. Pilate went out again and said to them, “See, I am bringing him out to you that you may know that I find no guilt in him.” So Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. Pilate said to them, “Behold the man!” When the chief priests and the officers saw him, they cried out, “Crucify him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Take him yourselves and crucify him, for I find no guilt in him.” The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to that law he ought to die because he has made himself the Son of God.” When Pilate heard this statement, he was even more afraid. He entered his headquarters again and said to Jesus, “Where are you from?” But Jesus gave him no answer. So Pilate said to him, “You will not speak to me? Do you not know that I have authority to release you and authority to crucify you?” Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”

John 19:15
They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar.”

2. The covenant (national) covenant between God and Abraham has not yet been fulfilled ( the land that God gave his offspring) For isreal has never occupied all the land that God promised to Abraham.
~ who told you that? RABBIS?

~ please read the entire chapter to see exactly what portions were given to which tribe.
http://esv.scripturetext.com/joshua/21.htm

~ the dispensationalist has believed and taught the lie that God DID NOT Fulfill His Land Promise to Abraham's children. God clearly and unequivocally declares through Joshua (name is same as Jesus) that He HAS FULFILLED THAT PROMISE.

Joshua 21:44-43-45
Thus the Lord gave to Israel all the land that he swore to give to their fathers. And they took possession of it, and they settled there. And the Lord gave them rest on every side just as he had sworn to their fathers. Not one of all their enemies had withstood them, for the Lord had given all their enemies into their hands. Not one word of all the good promises that the Lord had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.

~ one will either read this, see the truth and accept it; or refuse to read it; or read it and call God a liar.

~ the dispensationalist does not understand that the historical and temporary actions of God in Redemptive History are FULFILLED FULLY and ETERNALLY in Jesus Christ, though He has not yet CONSUMMATED ALL THINGS.

~ the dispensationalist refuses to see Joshua 21 and the Promised Land with the VERY SMALL REMNANT WHO ENTERED IN, including Moses who dies OUTSIDE The Promised Land typifying the end of the Old Covenant and the bringing in of the New) as an earthly TYPE of the Eternal State on the New Earth, the True Promised Land, with it's New Jerusalem, the continuing city (NOT old Jerusalem)

These things will be fullfileed at the end of the 70 weeks,
see following post concerning Daniel's 70 weeks. the 70th WEEK IS ALSO FULFILLED.

when as John says in revelations, he will come on a white horse, with his robe dipped in blood, to wipe out all evil, and set up his kingdom.
He will be coming in JUDGMENT! the angels are the reapers, and the tares are gathered out of His Kingdom (which will be NEW EARTH/HEAVEN/JERUSALEM) and thrown into the FIRE! its OVER.

after the Judgment the eternal state of His Everlasting Kingdom will have come: New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem: ALL the old is passed away.

~ the dispensationalist can not understand this, though he pays lip service to the New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem, since he must have 1,000 literal years AFTER The Second Advent, since, he reasons, many jews rejected Jesus.

~ since many jews rejected Jesus, He is neither King, nor Priest, nor Lord, neither can He rule, neither can He come in Judgment and destroy this old earth until ALL iSRAEL IS SAVED.

~ because the dispensationalist HAS TO HAVE ALL JEWS SAVED, this requires resurrected jews who died in unbelief rise into second temporary flesh bodies to go back under some hybrid system of Moses and Christ. and this is somehow The Promised Land.

~ the dispensationalist claims that 1,000 year rule from old Jerusalem will be a time of great peace (since they would have satan bound THEN). however, the dispensationalist has CAPTIAL PUNISHMENT and Iron Law in place, and men and nations rising up and reblling in unimaginable numbers against a Glorfied Christ who is VISIBLE, on a throne in old Jerusalem.

~ the dispensationalist does not understand Covenants and that God has fulfilled His Promises IN JESUS CHRIST and the consummation of the Eternal State com with Him at the Second Advent.

These things have not happened yet. Thus the 70th week could not have happened yet.
~ the dispensationalist uses "logic" based on wat he CAN SEE, and thereby does not receive the promise BY FAITH, as did Abraham, but has believed cleverly devised fables, he has allowed the leaven ofThe Pharisees to leaven all of his theology and ideology so that he, like The Pharisees, is looking for earthly things.

John 1:1-13
The Word Became Flesh
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life, and the life was the light of men.The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

The true light, which enlightens everyone, was coming into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. He came to his own, and his own people did not receive him. But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

Last edited:

zone

Jun 13, 2010
Daniels 70th week could not possibly have happened yet.

first off. We know the end of the 69 weeks, the time Jesus entered Jerusalem, at the end of which he was cut off.
the 69 weeks concerned everything UP TO MESSIAH.

all 69 weeks were fulfilled, by the end of the captivity and the rebuilding of the temple, UP UNTIL MESSIAH.

since all 69 weeks were UNTIL Messiah, He could not have done ANYTHING before the 70th week!

He was CUT OFF in the MIDDLE of the 70th week!

the 70th week belonged to JESUS CHRIST, and was fulfilled by HIM. not some future ANTICHRIST!

why people continue to attribute the work of Jesus Christ to the devil in the future i will never understand (although Scofield and the Pharisees and christian zionists will answer for this disaster).

Since this was the end of the literal 69 weeks of the prophesy, the end of the literal 70th week would have been 7 years past this time, (Depending on which date you consider year 1, this would have been 40-43 AD)
Since Titus did not happen until 70 AD, he does not fit the time frame.

the only way we can make Titus fit the time frame is to literally translate the 69 weeks, and then alleorize, or take the last week in a non literal interpretation, which makes no sense. and which has caused alot of false translations of this time period.

here is Jesus overlooking Jerusalem DECREEING her desolation. this is part of His Work in the 70th week....(again, TITUS' destruction (THE CONSUMMATION of the decree) came later, and was not within THE 70TH WEEK...it is Christ's decree that is within His 70th week.)

Matthew 23
Lament over Jerusalem
37“Jerusalem, Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones those who are sent to her! How often I wanted to gather your children together, the way a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were unwilling. 38Behold, your house is being left to you desolate! 39“For I say to you, from now on you will not see Me until you say, ‘BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!’”

~ how is it that (i know how) people REFUSE to accept that Jesus prounced the Mosaic Covenant WOES on the Scribes and Pharisees and all who sided with them?!

~ are we to believe God will now go BACK on the curses built into the Mosaic Covenant and undo those curses that went with it?

Pharisaism Exposed

1Then Jesus spoke to the crowds and to His disciples, 2saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees have seated themselves in the chair of Moses; 3therefore all that they tell you, do and observe, but do not do according to their deeds; for they say things and do not do them. 4“They tie up heavy burdens and lay them on men’s shoulders, but they themselves are unwilling to move them with so much as a finger. 5“But they do all their deeds to be noticed by men; for they broaden their phylacteries and lengthen the tassels of their garments. 6“They love the place of honor at banquets and the chief seats in the synagogues, 7and respectful greetings in the market places, and being called Rabbi by men. 8“But do not be called Rabbi; for One is your Teacher, and you are all brothers. 9“Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven. 10“Do not be called leaders; for One is your Leader, that is, Christ. 11“But the greatest among you shall be your servant. 12“Whoever exalts himself shall be humbled; and whoever humbles himself shall be exalted.

Eight Woes

13“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in. 14[“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you devour widows’ houses, and for a pretense you make long prayers; therefore you will receive greater condemnation.]

15“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you travel around on sea and land to make one proselyte; and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as yourselves.

16“Woe to you, blind guides, who say, ‘Whoever swears by the temple, that is nothing; but whoever swears by the gold of the temple is obligated.’ 17“You fools and blind men! Which is more important, the gold or the temple that sanctified the gold? 18“And, ‘Whoever swears by the altar, that is nothing, but whoever swears by the offering on it, he is obligated.’ 19“You blind men, which is more important, the offering, or the altar that sanctifies the offering? 20“Therefore, whoever swears by the altar, swears both by the altar and by everything on it. 21“And whoever swears by the temple, swears both by the temple and by Him who dwells within it. 22“And whoever swears by heaven, swears both by the throne of God and by Him who sits upon it.

23“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you tithe mint and dill and cummin, and have neglected the weightier provisions of the law: justice and mercy and faithfulness; but these are the things you should have done without neglecting the others. 24“You blind guides, who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!

25“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you clean the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of robbery and self-indulgence. 26“You blind Pharisee, first clean the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of it may become clean also.

27“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs which on the outside appear beautiful, but inside they are full of dead men’s bones and all uncleanness. 28“So you, too, outwardly appear righteous to men, but inwardly you are full of hypocrisy and lawlessness.

29“Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you build the tombs of the prophets and adorn the monuments of the righteous, 30and say, ‘If we had been living in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partners with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.’ 31“So you testify against yourselves, that you are sons of those who murdered the prophets. 32“Fill up, then, the measure of the guilt of your fathers. 33“You serpents, you brood of vipers, how will you escape the sentence of hell?
34“Therefore, behold, I am sending you prophets and wise men and scribes; some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will scourge in your synagogues, and persecute from city to city, 35so that upon you may fall the guilt of all the righteous blood shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, the son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36“Truly I say to you, all these things will come upon this generation.

~ the ONLY way out of the curses that come by the breaking of the Mosaic Covenant is through Jesus the Christ...He fulfilled everything, and has decreed the The Wrath and Judgment to come, as well as the Promised New Heaven, New Earth and New Jerusalem, at THE CONSUMMATION.

~ the dispensationalist would have God keep His Promises of blessing, but go back on His Covenant Curses under The Mosaic Covenant and resurrect these Pharisees and others into second flesh bodies and be ruled over in a literal 1,000 year future mystery reign: and then what? REBEL and reject him AGAIN?

thanks Scofield and friends.

Last edited:
E

eternally-gratefull

Zechariah 9:9
Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion! Shout aloud, O daughter of Jerusalem! Behold, your king is coming to you; righteous and having salvation is he, humble and mounted on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.

~ IS JESUS KING NOW? was Zechariah fulfilled?

~ the answer is either yes or no.
No

1. Did Jesus fulfill the part of entering as king on a donkey? Yes

2. Did Israel receive her king? No, They crucified him!
3. Is Israel following her king? No.
4. Is David's son (Jesus) Sitting on David's throne in Jerusalem? NO
5. Has number 4 ever happened? No!

~ if the answer is YES, the Davidic Covenant is fulfilled. but a dispensationalist CAN not by definition see this, since he does not approach Scripture by the Covenant model, and does not understand that ALL covenants found their fulfillment in Jesus Christ.
Jesus fulfilled the covenant with abraham concerning "all nations of the earth shall be blessed" or the spiritual part.

He has not fulfilled the covenant made between God and the nation of Israel, He came to do it, And would have if Israel received him as her king, But they rejected him, thus he has not fulfilled it yet.

The problem with amillenialists is that they can not see Gods covenant with Israel as a nation is binding, and can not be broken. Not to mention they were covenants bound by God himself and not dependent on anything the people did (unlike the mosaic covenant which required that one group (Israel) fullfil her part of the covenant, This covenant being conditional (If you do this, I will do that) All other covenants were non conditional. And unless they are literally fulfilled (which as of today they have yet to be totally fulfilled) God is a liar!

~ as with all other prophecies concerning Jesus Christ, the dispensationalist sees them as requiring fulfillment in other, temporal ways, such as in or through ancient israel, old jerusalem, this old earth.

Matthew 21:5
"Say to the Daughter of Zion, 'See, your king comes to you, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey.'"

John 12:5
"Do not be afraid, O Daughter of Zion; see, your king is coming, seated on a donkey's colt."

Luke 24:27
And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he explained to them what was said in all the Scriptures concerning himself.

Matthew 2:2
and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw his star in the east and have come to worship him."
This is great to show God showed and proved to Israel who their messiah was, Unfortunately, it does not show that Israel rejected her king and crucified him.

Paul in Romans 11 is quite clear that God has not forgotten Israel, He will restore her to power with his son as her king when he "makes and end to sin" the fulfillment of the 70th week) Even Paul believed in a future fulfilment of the prophesies concerning Israel and her king. Why do you not?

Romans 11:25–27 (NKJV)
25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

~ is Jesus King now?

Jeremiah 23:5

“Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will raise up for David a righteous Branch, and he shall reign as king and deal wisely, and shall execute justice and righteousness in the land.
Jesus has never done this now has he? He left earth not months after he entered jerusalem. When did he ever, "Reign as king" In Jerusalem?"

Isaiah 11:1
A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse; from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.

~ were these prophecies of Jeremiah and Isaiah FULFILLED? is Jesus KING NOW? did The Branch Come?

Luke 1
Birth of Jesus Foretold
26In the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God to a city of Galilee named Nazareth, 27to a virgin betrothedb to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David. And the virgin’s name was Mary. 28And he came to her and said, “Greetings, O favored one, the Lord is with you!”c 29But she was greatly troubled at the saying, and tried to discern what sort of greeting this might be. 30And the angel said to her, “Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found favor with God. 31And behold, you will conceive in your womb and bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus. 32He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David, 33and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever, and of his kingdom there will be no end.”

~ if this passage is true, and Jesus is King now, His Kingdom has begun, and the Davidic Covenant is fulfilled.

1 Corinthians 1:3
It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God--that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

Isaiah 42:6
"I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles,

~ if the two above verses are true, Jesus HAS BECOME our righteousness, holiness and redemption. not yet to come. [this is important in understanding Daniel's 70 weeks]

Paul told the conrinthians they were already IN CHIST JESUS, and that Jesus is our righteousness and redemption.

~ but the dispensationalist can not see that Jesus fulfilled all righteousness [see His baptism in the jordan and His dialogue with John, indicating the 70th week had begun) and will consummate all things at The Second Advent with Judgment, the New Jeruslaem, New Heavens and New Earth, because the dispensationalist has believed the 7th dispensation of Scofieldism (which is a Pharisee production). that theology leaves Christ's Work NOT FINISHED.

~ why can't we SEE Jesus on His Throne right now?
He is on his heavenly throne, Not his Earthly one. Is he in Jerusalem? Has Israels sins as a nation been purged? (They still reject him) Has Israel's bones been regathered and given life after being delivered to all ends of the earth (fulfilled when Rome destroyed the temple and dispersed the jews) and returned to her land, her sins haven been forgiven?? as prophesied in Ez 37? No! Yes he fullfiled much of the prophesies concerning the messiah, But the reason the jews rejected him they did not realise he had to take care of her sins first, then set up his throne. They did not think they needed saved, so they rejected him.

John 18:33-40
My Kingdom Is Not of This World
So Pilate entered his headquarters again and called Jesus and said to him, “Are you the King of the Jews?” Jesus answered, “Do you say this of your own accord, or did others say it to you about me?” Pilate answered, “Am I a Jew? Your own nation and the chief priests have delivered you over to me. What have you done?” Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” Then Pilate said to him, “So you are a king?” Jesus answered, “You say that I am a king. For this purpose I was born and for this purpose I have come into the world—to bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth listens to my voice.” Pilate said to him, “What is truth?”

After he had said this, he went back outside to the Jews and told them, “I find no guilt in him. But you have a custom that I should release one man for you at the Passover. So do you want me to release to you the King of the Jews?” They cried out again, “Not this man, but Barabbas!” Now Barabbas was a robber.

~ just because He was rejected by some does that mean HE IS NOT KING?

Luke 17:21
nor will people say, 'Here it is,' or 'There it is,' because the kingdom of God is within [in your midst] you."

John 6:15
Jesus, knowing that they intended to come and make him king by force, withdrew again to a mountain by himself.

John 19:1-11
Jesus Delivered to Be Crucified
Then Pilate took Jesus and flogged him. And the soldiers twisted together a crown of thorns and put it on his head and arrayed him in a purple robe. They came up to him, saying, “Hail, King of the Jews!” and struck him with their hands. Pilate went out again and said to them, “See, I am bringing him out to you that you may know that I find no guilt in him.” So Jesus came out, wearing the crown of thorns and the purple robe. Pilate said to them, “Behold the man!” When the chief priests and the officers saw him, they cried out, “Crucify him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Take him yourselves and crucify him, for I find no guilt in him.” The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to that law he ought to die because he has made himself the Son of God.” When Pilate heard this statement, he was even more afraid. He entered his headquarters again and said to Jesus, “Where are you from?” But Jesus gave him no answer. So Pilate said to him, “You will not speak to me? Do you not know that I have authority to release you and authority to crucify you?” Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”

John 19:15
They cried out, “Away with him, away with him, crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your King?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar.”
Again God made direct covenants with the nation of Israel. Which are seperate than Gods covenant concerning the world. If you can not see this. Thats your problem. The CHurch did not take Israels place in these covenants. Until you realise this, you will never understand.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
70 weeks have been decreed for the people of Israel and the holy city Jerusalem. The very first thing to be understood about this prophecy is that it is to the nation of Israel..
~ i see a dispensational presupposition looming in this statement, though in and of itself it is correct.

~ the 70 weeks are specifically concerning decrees made to and about ancient Israel and ancient Jerusalem....but the FOCUS is Christ...as always, its about Jesus.

~ we are ALL to see Jesus Christ IN THAT 70 weeks....Jesus is the offer of redemption for ALL men, the jew first, then the gentile.

~ if we recall the greeks coming to the temple saying, "sir, we would see Jesus" was the very moment He declared the Hour had come, and also He declared the ruler of this HAD BEEN JUDGED...why?

~ the kingdom had been rejected by the religious leadership and followers (not all jews rejected Him), and the gentiles had see a Great Light.

we know from His Covenant with Abraham, and witnessed in Ephesians by Paul that it was ALWAYS God's Plan to save men from every kindred tongue and nation.

that is the "Mystery" of Ephesians...not that He went into Plan B. it was always Plan A.

Ephesians 3:6
The Mystery of the Gospel Revealed
1For this reason I, Paul, a prisoner for Christ Jesus on behalf of you Gentiles— 2assuming that you have heard of the stewardship of God’s grace that was given to me for you, 3how the mystery was made known to me by revelation, as I have written briefly. 4When you read this, you can perceive my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5which was not made known to the sons of men in other generations as it has now been revealed to his holy apostles and prophets by the Spirit. 6This mystery isa that the Gentiles are fellow heirs, members of the same body, and partakers of the promise in Christ Jesus through the gospel.

7Of this gospel I was made a minister according to the gift of God’s grace, which was given me by the working of his power. 8To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 9and to bring to light for everyone what is the plan of the mystery hidden for ages inb God who created all things, 10so that through the church the manifold wisdom of God might now be made known to the rulers and authorities in the heavenly places. 11This was according to the eternal purpose that he has realized in Christ Jesus our Lord, 12in whom we have boldness and access with confidence through our faith in him. 13So I ask you not to lose heart over what I am suffering for you, which is your glory.

The next thing to realize about this prophecy is that it gives an exact date for when Jesus would enter Jerusalem. In giving this date, Gabriel split this 70 weeks into 3 parts, a 7 weeks, and then a 62 weeks, and then a week. Gabriel did this, not man. He said that from the order to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, there would be seven weeks and sixty two weeks. This was not just because of the way that Gabriel counted, there is reason in every word written in scripture...
VW: the passages cover ALL of the events including the events that were outside the 70th week (Titus and the destruction of jerusalem)...if you doubt that wha was decreed came to pass, read JOSEPHUS!

those events are prophesied by Jesus in Matthew Mark & Luke as well!

you can not separate the 70th week from the 69th and inject a mystery dispensation of a gentile church in there! it makes all 70 weeks VOID.

we DO have future expansions (fulfillments) of things that have already come to pass, but we can not discuss those while people are still in dispensationalism.

if you try to place th 70th week in the future, you need the other 69 as well for the ingathering to the modern state of Israel and building of the temple!

you can't have it both ways!

Then we should realize that this entire message is about endings, an end of sin, to finish the transgression, to bring in everlasting righteousness..).
1 Peter 3:18
For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive by the Spirit...

John 17:4
I glorified you on earth, having accomplished the work that you gave me to do.

John 19:30
When Jesus had received the sour wine, he said, “It is finished,” and he bowed his head and gave up his spirit.

Romans 6:22
But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the fruit you get leads to sanctification and its end, eternal life. << consummation - Second Advent

John 27:50
And Jesus cried out again with a loud voice and yielded up his spirit.

Romans 8:2
You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness. <<everlasting righteousness (because it is HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS)

Romans 8:1
Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,

Romans 8:22
For the law of the Spirit of life has set you free in Christ Jesus from the law of sin and death. << FINISHED THE TRANSGRESSION (provided the propitiation)

1 Peter 4:1
Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin

Romans 5:10
For if, when we were God's enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

etc etc etc etc etc

Even to the end there will be war; desolations are determined. And on the one who makes desolate, a complete destruction. (I have never seen any prophecy which used that term to describe a specific person's end.).
~ are you reading from a CORRUPT Bible that says anoint the most Holy PLACE?

Daniel 9
The Seventy Weeks
24Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression [NO MORE TRANSGRESSION OF THE LAW FOR THOSE IN CHRIST BY FAITH SINCE THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE LAW WERE FULFILLED BY JESUS], and to make an end of sins [it is Finished...THE LAMB WAS SACRIFICED...SIN BLOTTED OUT FOR THOSE IN JESUS], and to make reconciliation for iniquity [ROMANS 5:10], and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.[JORDAN RIVER] 25Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. 26And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off [CRUCIFIED], but not for himself [He never sinned..He laid down His life for the sheep]: and the people of the prince that shall come [TITUS] shall destroy the city and the sanctuary [Jerusalem and the temple]; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. [DECREED BY JESUS OVERLOOKING JERUSALEM] 27And he [JESUS] shall confirm the [NEW]covenant with many [those who received Him] for one week: and in the midst of the week [the 70th, since all 69 before WERE FULFILLED!] he [JESUS] shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease [Mosaic Covenant and animal sacrifices OVER], and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation [70 AD...TITUS...not within the 70th week, decreed within it], and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. << what Jesus said would happen to Jerusalem HAPPENED....RIGHT?????

anyways.
whatever...if you ever see the truth, please say so VW.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
I see the truth, and it is Jesus.

When you come to realize that you are not the harbinger of the truth, that the Holy Spirit is the One that this role falls upon, then maybe you might bear listening to.

I have basically stopped reading your posts. They are more like rants than reasoned writings.

zone

Jun 13, 2010
you are on record then, saying Jesus Christ is not King.

1. Did Jesus fulfill the part of entering as king on a donkey? Yes
2. Did Israel receive her king? No, They crucified him!
so what? does that mean he is NOT KING?

APOSTATE Israel crucified their King, AND Sacrificed the Lamb.

but did ANY RECEIVE HIM? if SOME jews received Chist as King and Saviour, that means he is King and Saviour. Peter and Paul and all the apostles and disciples, and the men at Jerusalem at Pentecost and the thousands who received Him ARE mistaken? or stupid? or deceived?

3. Is Israel following her king? No.
YES- SHE IS! True Israel is The Body of believers who are in Christ, the Israel of God! jew and gentile merged into the New Covenant.

apostate Israelites aren't following Jesus...they're following talmudic rabbis...so what?

and untold numbers of genties are rejecting Jesus as well...does that mean He isn't King?

your theory stands or falls on one premise: UNIVERSALISM.

4. Is David's son (Jesus) Sitting on David's throne in Jerusalem? NO
5. Has number 4 ever happened? No!
why would Jesus sit on a throne in Jersualem below which is The Whore of Babylon?
why would He do that when we are told there is a NEW JERUSALEM?

Galatians 4

21Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? 22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26 But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

27 For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.

28 Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

30 Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free

^^^^^^^^^ are you of the bondwoman? or of the free? ^^^^^^^^

Jesus fulfilled the covenant with abraham concerning "all nations of the earth shall be blessed" or the spiritual part.

He has not fulfilled the covenant made between God and the nation of Israel, He came to do it, And would have if Israel received him as her king, But they rejected him, thus he has not fulfilled it yet.
~ are you really sure you want to say that?

~ you skipped right over the part i posted from Joshua 21? WHY?

don't you believe God? here it is again....here's what you said:

and here's what i said:

~ please read the entire chapter to see exactly what portions were given to which tribe.

http://esv.scripturetext.com/joshua/21.htm

~ the dispensationalist has believed and taught the lie that God DID NOT Fulfill His Land Promise to Abraham's children. God clearly and unequivocally declares through Joshua (name is same as Jesus) that He HAS FULFILLED THAT PROMISE.

Joshua 21:44-43-45
Thus the Lord gave to Israel all the land that he swore to give to their fathers. And they took possession of it, and they settled there. And the Lord gave them rest on every side just as he had sworn to their fathers. Not one of all their enemies had withstood them, for the Lord had given all their enemies into their hands. Not one word of all the good promises that the Lord had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.

~ one will either read this, see the truth and accept it; or refuse to read it; or read it and call God a liar.
now let's compare:

DISPENSATIONAL THEOLOGY:
For isreal has never occupied all the land that God promised to Abraham.

Joshua 21
Not one word of all the good promises that the Lord had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.

RUBBISH.

~ dispensational theology has God scrambling to come up with PLAN B.

~ the "gentile" church (though it must have some jews in it since we are told the REMNANT believed) is suddenly created while apostate israel (minus the jews who did and do believe?) goes into protective blindness for a second resurrection (which means there are 3) into flesh bodies for 1,000 years to perform Mosaic rituals in Babylon THE WHORE.

ya....sound about right.:rolleyes:

or does this sound right?:

The Parable of the Tenants
33&#8220;Hear another parable. There was a master of a house who planted a vineyard and put a fence around it and dug a winepress in it and built a tower and leased it to tenants, and went into another country. 34When the season for fruit drew near, he sent his servantsc to the tenants to get his fruit. 35And the tenants took his servants and beat one, killed another, and stoned another. 36Again he sent other servants, more than the first. And they did the same to them. 37Finally he sent his son to them, saying, &#8216;They will respect my son.&#8217; 38But when the tenants saw the son, they said to themselves, &#8216;This is the heir. Come, let us kill him and have his inheritance.&#8217; 39And they took him and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. 40When therefore the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those tenants?&#8221; 41They said to him, &#8220;He will put those wretches to a miserable death and let out the vineyard to other tenants who will give him the fruits in their seasons.&#8221;

42Jesus said to them, &#8220;Have you never read in the Scriptures:

&#8220;&#8216;The stone that the builders rejected
has become the cornerstone;d
this was the Lord&#8217;s doing,
and it is marvelous in our eyes&#8217;?

43Therefore I tell you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people producing its fruits. 44And the one who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; and when it falls on anyone, it will crush him.&#8221;e

~ tell me....what kingdom will be taken from whom? and when will it be taken away from them? and who will it be given to?

The problem with amillenialists is that they can not see Gods covenant with Israel as a nation is binding, and can not be broken. Not to mention they were covenants bound by God himself and not dependent on anything the people did (unlike the mosaic covenant which required that one group (Israel) fullfil her part of the covenant, This covenant being conditional (If you do this, I will do that) All other covenants were non conditional. And unless they are literally fulfilled (which as of today they have yet to be totally fulfilled) God is a liar!
which Covenant is the unconditional ETERNAL covenant?
the one that goes beyond Land? beyond david, beyond The Temples, beyond Old Jerusalem?

there's only ONE.

Galatians 3:16
The promises were spoken to Abraham and to his seed. The Scripture does not say "and to seeds," meaning many people, but "and to your seed," meaning one person, who is Christ.

i'm done with this DISPENSATIONAL DISASTER in this post for now...carry on if you want to.