Dare To Believe

  • Thread starter Thread starter dennis62
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dennis62

Guest
Please don't take what I am saying wrong today, I really, really do believe in Prayer and its Power.
My problem is with brothers or sisters when asked to Pray over a meal, they pray and pray and pray for everything they can think of. Like the sins we comment, world peace, the sickness of a love one on and on and on. What is sad when they get finished praying I am not sure they even Blessed the meal. In Jesus's day and time there were people like that and this is what He had to say~~~

5 “When you pray, don’t be like the hypocrites. They love to stand in the synagogues and on the street corners and pray loudly. They want people to see them. The truth is, that’s all the reward they will get.
6 But when you pray, you should go into your room and close the door. Then pray to your Father. He is there in that private place. He can see what is done in private, and he will reward you.
Matthew 6: 5-6 ERV Bible.
 
Hmmm....I get what your saying. My stepfather once prayed for half and hour and other times pushed the clock. Sometimes I don't have much to say and just keep things general, which I feel like an idiot because I think people expected more out of me.

But complicated prayer is not a bad thing. I've asked for a better world tons of times, not sure if it was it front of people or not but I know I have. It almost like your praying for a random person's day to be better. At least in my mind. Just remember that it's all about the heart. I've prayed on dates before with them not even knowing I was a Christian beforehand. All of a sudden the meal would get to the table and I'd have my eyes closed and my head bowed, praying.

"What's wrong?"
Praying..."I'm praying."
"Oh." Not knowing what to do.
3 minutes later I'm done, happily eating my pizza.

I didn't plan it that way, it was always instinctive.Sometimes I would rush my prayers on account of my hunger but if I had control I would spend some time with my Lord before eating up my blessings. I didn't do it for other people, I did it for me. And Jesus.
If someone is showing off then you have the right to be mad, my friend.
 
you really know people like this who do this at mealtimes. What a place to pick for a personal devotion time, but then again, anywhere is o.k. with the Lord.