Dare To Believe

  • Thread starter Thread starter dennis62
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dennis62

Guest
We are dead to sin because of the Blood of Jesus. We still live in a fallen sinful world. It is up to us to choose not to sin anymore. We were given the Power to not sin, it is up to each and every person to walk in that Power. We were bought with the price of Jesus' death on the cross. Our sinful lives are buried with Him and Raised up to sin no more.
Dare To Believe we have the Power within us not to sin.

1 So do you think we should continue sinning so that God will give us more and more grace?
2 Of course not! Our old sinful life ended. It’s dead. So how can we continue living in sin?
3 Did you forget that all of us became part of Christ Jesus when we were baptized? In our baptism we shared in his death.
4 So when we were baptized, we were buried with Christ and took part in his death. And just as Christ was raised from death by the wonderful power of the Father, so we can now live a new life.
Romans 6: 1-4 ERV Bible.
 
Romans 6:1-4 KJV

[SUP]1[/SUP] What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
[SUP]2[/SUP] God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?
[SUP]3[/SUP] Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
[SUP]4[/SUP] Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

The KJV has that power in it that the ERV takes out.

Good blog, I can testify that Romans 6 has power to defeat sin. One of the first verses I ever memorised fully was Romans 6:11. I wrote it on A4 paper, used white tack to stick it on the wardrobe in front of me. Quite soon I had it memorised and every time I wanted to backslide I just remembered that verse.

Romans 6:11 - "Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord."

I would say the chances of anyone ever defeating sin without the power of the KJV's text, without the power of the Holy Spirit are probably impossible. I can vehemently say that the KJV has power unspeakable to defeat sin. I never, never defeated sin without the KJV, without the Holy Spirit.

I am dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ my Lord.