D
dennis62
Guest
Jesus always used examples that people could understand to make His points known. Several years ago our ministry was in Mexico on a Mission Trip. We were high in the mountains taking food and clothing to the Tarahumara Indians. Many Tribes from different areas came and they all brought their livestock ( sheep, goats etc..) and put them in the meadow below us. I was standing on a huge boulder watching the livestock when the people started to leave. The Shepard would come to the rim of the meadow and make some sounds and that tribes livestock would stop grazing and begin to follow that tribe. When I saw that happen I really understood the meaning of the following scriptures.
23 Jesus was in the Temple area at Solomon’s Porch.
24 The Jewish leaders gathered around him. They said, “How long will you make us wonder about you? If you are the Messiah, then tell us clearly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I told you already, but you did not believe. I do miracles in my Father’s name. These miracles show who I am.
26 But you do not believe, because you are not my sheep.
27 My sheep listen to my voice. I know them, and they follow me.
28 I give my sheep eternal life. They will never die, and no one can take them out of my hand.
29 My Father is the one who gave them to me, and he is greater than all. No one can steal my sheep out of his hand.
30 The Father and I are one.”
John 10: 23-30 ERV Bible.
23 Jesus was in the Temple area at Solomon’s Porch.
24 The Jewish leaders gathered around him. They said, “How long will you make us wonder about you? If you are the Messiah, then tell us clearly.”
25 Jesus answered, “I told you already, but you did not believe. I do miracles in my Father’s name. These miracles show who I am.
26 But you do not believe, because you are not my sheep.
27 My sheep listen to my voice. I know them, and they follow me.
28 I give my sheep eternal life. They will never die, and no one can take them out of my hand.
29 My Father is the one who gave them to me, and he is greater than all. No one can steal my sheep out of his hand.
30 The Father and I are one.”
John 10: 23-30 ERV Bible.