D
dennis62
Guest
I think that there are many people here in our world today who look around at the people outside of their church and thank God that they are not like those ugly people outside of their world. They haven't a clue what it is not to have everything that they want. They have their church meetings and never lift a finger to help those in need, except maybe at Thanksgiving or Christmas when they give a meal or a toy to help the needy. I think God talked about this in the verses that follow.
9 There were some people who thought they were very good and looked down on everyone else. Jesus used this story to teach them:
10 “One time there was a Pharisee and a tax collector. One day they both went to the Temple to pray.
11 The Pharisee stood alone, away from the tax collector. When the Pharisee prayed, he said, ‘O God, I thank you that I am not as bad as other people. I am not like men who steal, cheat, or commit adultery. I thank you that I am better than this tax collector.
12 I fast twice a week, and I give a tenth of everything I get!’
13 “The tax collector stood alone too. But when he prayed, he would not even look up to heaven. He felt very humble before God. He said, ‘O God, have mercy on me. I am a sinner!’
14 I tell you, when this man finished his prayer and went home, he was right with God. But the Pharisee, who felt that he was better than others, was not right with God. People who make themselves important will be made humble. But those who make themselves humble will be made important.” Luke 18: 9-14 ERV Bible.
9 There were some people who thought they were very good and looked down on everyone else. Jesus used this story to teach them:
10 “One time there was a Pharisee and a tax collector. One day they both went to the Temple to pray.
11 The Pharisee stood alone, away from the tax collector. When the Pharisee prayed, he said, ‘O God, I thank you that I am not as bad as other people. I am not like men who steal, cheat, or commit adultery. I thank you that I am better than this tax collector.
12 I fast twice a week, and I give a tenth of everything I get!’
13 “The tax collector stood alone too. But when he prayed, he would not even look up to heaven. He felt very humble before God. He said, ‘O God, have mercy on me. I am a sinner!’
14 I tell you, when this man finished his prayer and went home, he was right with God. But the Pharisee, who felt that he was better than others, was not right with God. People who make themselves important will be made humble. But those who make themselves humble will be made important.” Luke 18: 9-14 ERV Bible.