Dare To Believe

  • Thread starter Thread starter dennis62
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dennis62

Guest
God gave Moses the top ten rules of how to live. then the Jewish scholars added hundreds more. No one had time to live because they were trying to learn the Laws and it was impossible to learn and keep them all. Jesus came and delivered us from all that. We Believe on who He was and what He did for us (dying on the Cross for our salvation) and try to live a life pleasing to Him, That my friend is the way of Salvation, "Just Dare To Believe" .

17-18 Have some of you noticed that we are not yet perfect? (No great surprise, right?) And are you ready to make the accusation that since people like me, who go through Christ in order to get things right with God, aren’t perfectly virtuous, Christ must therefore be an accessory to sin? The accusation is frivolous. If I was “trying to be good,” I would be rebuilding the same old barn that I tore down. I would be acting as a charlatan.

19-21 What actually took place is this: I tried keeping rules and working my head off to please God, and it didn’t work. So I quit being a “law man” so that I could be God’s man. Christ’s life showed me how, and enabled me to do it. I identified myself completely with him. Indeed, I have been crucified with Christ. My ego is no longer central. It is no longer important that I appear righteous before you or have your good opinion, and I am no longer driven to impress God. Christ lives in me. The life you see me living is not “mine,” but it is lived by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. I am not going to go back on that.

Is it not clear to you that to go back to that old rule-keeping, peer-pleasing religion would be an abandonment of everything personal and free in my relationship with God? I refuse to do that, to repudiate God’s grace. If a living relationship with God could come by rule-keeping, then Christ died unnecessarily.
Galatians 2: 17-21 The Message Bible.
 
I don't think there was EVER a time that God taught rule keeping as a way to live for Him. Before man had the Holy Spirit, there were ritual rules to help teach the spiritual truth. When they used those rules without the spiritual truths they were told: Isa 1:11 "What are all your sacrifices to Me?" asks the LORD. "I have had enough of burnt offerings and rams and the fat of well-fed cattle; I have no desire for the blood of bulls, lambs, or male goats.
 
God made me. God loves me. God owns me. He is Lord and Master. I serve Him willingly and without compulsion.

Call it a law. Call is a principle. Show me your ways, O LORD; Teach me your paths (Psalm 25:4). Show me your will. Like the mythical genie in the bottle, God's wish is my command. If I have only a hint and intimation of something that God wants, then I want to follow it. Yes, a man's heart devises his way but God directs his path (Proverbs 16:9) I will devise my own way again and again. But, where He appears to lead, I will prudently endeavor to follow. Help Thou my fear of man and lack of fear of God. Help thou my apparent unbelief at times.
 
Last edited: