D
dennis62
Guest
When Jesus was with his disciples He told them if they wanted to follow Him they would have to take up their own cross to follow Him. Now we see Paul in the following scriptures talking about having to live with a thorn that was given to him to keep him grounded, while he was speaking and leading all the new Churches.
What cross do you have to bear? What thorn has been placed in your side?
We can rejoice because Jesus will help us in our weaknesses. When we are at our weakest Jesus Will make us Strong!!!
6 So if I want to boast, I won’t do so as a fool because I will be speaking the truth. But I will stop there, since I don’t want to be credited with anything except exactly what people see and hear from me.
7 To keep me grounded and stop me from becoming too high and mighty due to the extraordinary character of these revelations, I was given a thorn in the flesh—a nagging nuisance of Satan, a messenger to plague me!
8 I begged the Lord three times to liberate me from its anguish;
9 and finally He said to me, “My grace is enough to cover and sustain you. My power is made perfect in weakness.” So ask me about my thorn, inquire about my weaknesses, and I will gladly go on and on—I would rather stake my claim in these and have the power of the Anointed One at home within me.
10 I am at peace and even take pleasure in any weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and afflictions for the sake of the Anointed because when I am at my weakest, He makes me strong.
2 Corinthians 12: 6-10 The Voice Bible.
What cross do you have to bear? What thorn has been placed in your side?
We can rejoice because Jesus will help us in our weaknesses. When we are at our weakest Jesus Will make us Strong!!!
6 So if I want to boast, I won’t do so as a fool because I will be speaking the truth. But I will stop there, since I don’t want to be credited with anything except exactly what people see and hear from me.
7 To keep me grounded and stop me from becoming too high and mighty due to the extraordinary character of these revelations, I was given a thorn in the flesh—a nagging nuisance of Satan, a messenger to plague me!
8 I begged the Lord three times to liberate me from its anguish;
9 and finally He said to me, “My grace is enough to cover and sustain you. My power is made perfect in weakness.” So ask me about my thorn, inquire about my weaknesses, and I will gladly go on and on—I would rather stake my claim in these and have the power of the Anointed One at home within me.
10 I am at peace and even take pleasure in any weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and afflictions for the sake of the Anointed because when I am at my weakest, He makes me strong.
2 Corinthians 12: 6-10 The Voice Bible.