Dare To Believe

  • Thread starter Thread starter dennis62
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dennis62

Guest
Sin is sin,but we have let our guard down in the church trying to please man. We see in the stories of the bible how men rebelled against God all through history, from Satan and his fallen angels. Men who have taken advantage of others so that they could become rich in the things of this world. The men and women of Sodom and Gomorrah who have followed the fleshly lusts and followed strange and unnatural impulses and sexual perversions.
God showed us how he dealt with such sin so we could know that the wages of sin is death. God wants us to choose Life and not the things of this world.

4 Vile men have slithered in among us. Depraved souls who stand condemned have made a mockery of the grace given to us, using it as a pretext for a life of excess, lived without any thought of God. These poor fools have denied Jesus the Anointed, our one Lord and Master.
5 You have heard the stories many times, and the Spirit has enlightened you about their meaning, but you still need to be reminded. Remember when the Lord saved our ancestors from the land in Egypt? He breathed life into their earthen lungs and took back the life from those who did not believe.
6 And God has kept the rebellious heavenly messengers bound and chained in utter darkness—shadowy gloom—until the time when His judgment arrives, because they failed to keep their rightful positions and abandoned their appointed realms.
7 Sodom and Gomorrah and all their neighbors were defeated by their own sexual perversions as they pursued the strange and unnatural impulses of the flesh. Let these who went their own way and are experiencing the eternal heat of God’s vengeance—a punishment by fire—be a warning to you.
8 These stories are examples to help you understand the fate of those dreamers who have slipped in and defiled your community, rejected those in charge, and insulted the glorious majesty of the heavenly messengers. 9 Even their chief, Michael, when disputing with the devil over Moses’ body, did not offer his own taunting judgment against him. Michael simply said, “May the Lord’s rebuke fall on you.
Jude 4-8 The Voice Bible.
 
I find it fascinating that throughout the old testament God's chosen people are always "forsaking" him. They lust after the gods of this world. What I find fascinating is that it's ironic, because logically you would believe that we would be be able to look back upon biblical events and learn from the mistakes of are ancestors. But our love for sin, this world, blocks us from God and hinders us from comprehending his teachings and having his love which is the purpose of are existence! Loving God is the greatest command. Bringing glory to his name is why I exist.

Anyhow I believe that if we had a more Christians that followed, heart mind and soul. Then we would learn more from the mistakes of our ancestors. Ultimately the biggest thing to learn, for me, is to trust God, dependance. And when you have churches depending on God, and nations depending on God, that would be beautiful.

I used to say things a lot like this post, not that still don't. But God put "love" in my heart. I don't know how to describe his love, because a single syllable word can't even begin to describe it. Anyhow basically he told me, show the world my love. Same love I showed you. And I was on fire, because I had been given a mission by God, creator of the universe! So now, instead of telling churches that they sin, I'd rather ask them if the truly know Jesus. "He said follow me and they came." Not that we shouldn't point out sin, but I learned that my flesh is sin, 'You can't cast out the flesh or tame a demon'. So I tamed my flesh and became infused with the holy spirit to stand agaisnt Lucifer. Most of the time, we point out sin in someone's life out of love, but it isn't sin that's the problem.

You can drink from a well but unless you have the spring of life, you'll never have life. He came so I will have life, I do not have it without him! You will spend your time building broken cisterns that will never satisfy. Is it the fact that broken cisterns don't satisfy the problem? No, it's the fact that you don't have the spring of life. (This is a two sided coin/paradox, but Jesus is the answer is what I'm trying to say.)
Although sin is a problem, it's the fact that they truly don't know God! So we should renew are minds and realize what sin and who it's from, and Love God.