Dare To Believe

  • Thread starter Thread starter dennis62
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

dennis62

Guest
As a Pastor, I talk and visit with many different people. Sometimes in those conversations I will ask people ,"How is your walk with Jesus?" Most of the time the answer goes something like this, "Oh I know Jesus, and I even sometimes go to Church and pray and stuff like that." If I feel led by the Holy Spirit I will ask them this question, "I am so glad that you know Jesus and happy that you somet...imes use His name, But does Jesus Know You?" That is a question that really needs to be taken serious, because if He doesn't know you, you will not enter into The Kingdom of Heaven.

21 Not everyone who says to Me, “Lord, Lord,” will enter the kingdom of heaven. Simply calling Me “Lord” will not be enough. Only those who do the will of My Father who is in heaven will join Me in heaven.
22 At the end of time, on that day of judgment, many will say to Me, “Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name? Did we not drive demons out of the possessed in Your name? Did we not perform miracles in Your name?”
23 But I will say to them, “I never knew you. And now, you must get away from Me, you evildoers!”

Matthew 7: 21-23 The Voice Bible.
 
Well said - I never ask people if they are Christians because almost everyone says yes. But when I ask them if they have a personal daily relationship with Christ, then comes the hedging and pausing. And then I sort of take it from there.......