D
dennis62
Guest
Too many times we week people are afraid to stand up for what is right. Peer Pressure today is stronger than ever. But when we go against God to satisfy the people around us we are being disobedient to what God has commanded us to do. Not following what we know is the Will of God is just blatant Rebellion.
Obedience is much better than Sacrifice, We need to Dare To Believe that!!!
Samuel: 17 Don’t you remember when you didn't amount to much in your own sight, but you were made the leader of the tribes of Israel? Wasn't it the Eternal One who anointed you king over them?
18 The Eternal One sent you on a mission, commanding you, “Go and destroy the Amalekites, who are sinners. Fight them until they are completely destroyed.”
19 Why didn't you obey the voice of the Eternal One? Why did you grab the spoils of battle, doing what the Eternal considers evil?
Saul (defending himself):
20 I did what the Eternal One instructed. As He commanded, I went on the mission and decimated all the Amalekites, and I have brought back Agag, their king.
21 It was the people who took the sheep and cattle from the spoil that would have been devoted to destruction and brought them back to sacrifice to the Eternal One, your True God, in Gilgal.
22 Samuel: Does the Eternal One delight in sacrifices and burnt offerings
as much as in perfect obedience to His voice?
Be certain of this: that obedience is better than sacrifice;
to heed His voice is better than offering the fat of rams.
23 Rebellion is as much a sin as fortune-telling,
and willfulness is as wicked as worshiping strange gods.
Because you have rejected His commands,
He has rejected you as king.
Saul: 24 I have sinned. I disobeyed the voice of the Eternal One and your instructions because I was afraid of the people. I listened to their counsel instead of yours.
25 So now, please pardon my sin, and return with me so that I can worship the Eternal.
1 Samuel 15: 17-25 The Voice Bible.
Obedience is much better than Sacrifice, We need to Dare To Believe that!!!
Samuel: 17 Don’t you remember when you didn't amount to much in your own sight, but you were made the leader of the tribes of Israel? Wasn't it the Eternal One who anointed you king over them?
18 The Eternal One sent you on a mission, commanding you, “Go and destroy the Amalekites, who are sinners. Fight them until they are completely destroyed.”
19 Why didn't you obey the voice of the Eternal One? Why did you grab the spoils of battle, doing what the Eternal considers evil?
Saul (defending himself):
20 I did what the Eternal One instructed. As He commanded, I went on the mission and decimated all the Amalekites, and I have brought back Agag, their king.
21 It was the people who took the sheep and cattle from the spoil that would have been devoted to destruction and brought them back to sacrifice to the Eternal One, your True God, in Gilgal.
22 Samuel: Does the Eternal One delight in sacrifices and burnt offerings
as much as in perfect obedience to His voice?
Be certain of this: that obedience is better than sacrifice;
to heed His voice is better than offering the fat of rams.
23 Rebellion is as much a sin as fortune-telling,
and willfulness is as wicked as worshiping strange gods.
Because you have rejected His commands,
He has rejected you as king.
Saul: 24 I have sinned. I disobeyed the voice of the Eternal One and your instructions because I was afraid of the people. I listened to their counsel instead of yours.
25 So now, please pardon my sin, and return with me so that I can worship the Eternal.
1 Samuel 15: 17-25 The Voice Bible.