Dark Lights

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

DannyGirl

Mar 15, 2019
Its impossible to have meaningful dialog with a Mary worshiper.
As the first thing id ask you is why the CC has more feast days celebrating Mary then they do that celebrate Christ.
And once you went and found this out, you'd then make an excuse, and ive heard so many made by this water cult for the last 31 yrs, that im just all out of time, regarding listening to more.
Really.

Also Your "cult of Mary" as it was designated in Ephesus , in about 5ad, does not protect the words of Jesus, but in fact, corrupted the words of Jesus.
For example....
JEROME< mistranslated "repentance" as "penance" and you been doing this ever since.

Also, the Douay Rheims mistranslated this verse....... " Born of water", in John 3, as the Satanic cult's teaching of "born AGAIN of/water"....
So, that is one more horrible lie as taught by the cult of mary, that you believe.
So when I said I didn’t worship Mary you saying yes just makes it so. You aren’t God, please give me the reasons that support this statement, otherwise your false judgement is very much against the eighth commandment.

DannyGirl

Mar 15, 2019
So when I said I didn’t worship Mary you saying yes just makes it so. You aren’t God, please give me the reasons that support this statement, otherwise your false judgement is very much against the eighth commandment.
Ok, lets discuss this one.

You go first.
-
View attachment 230573
So when you go to your priest to ask him for prayers what’s the difference, they aren’t worshipping anything they are using a visual aide to create a common focus for their prayers. If this was a problem you would and should have a serious problem with having money or using money. Or die you worship the presidents as well and use them as idols in your wallet. Maybe stop worshiping dead presidents then and living hypocritically

Feb 16, 2017
So when you go to your priest
I dont have an earthly priest, and i call no man on earth..."father", as directed by the NEW Testament.
I only have a Heavenly priest. He's my HIGH Priest. = Jesus

DannyGirl

Mar 15, 2019
If you need more proof, let me know.
-
-
I reiterate he isn’t worshiping Mary he is using a visual aide to ask for prayers. Any prayer we use to God and asking Mary to help expresses this. If you have a problem with her image being used as a visual aide I strongly suggest you check out dueteronomy again. After Moses brought forth the Ten Commandments down God instructed them to make the tent of meeting and the arch of the covenant. The are of the convenant had angels carved into it (cherubs) considered idols in your book but God did not. How is it that God would instruct the people of God right after telling them not to put idols before him then to make an “idol”. This would imply that images are in fact not idols but that if you make an image in replacement of God it is. And not just physically images he meant anything. Power money sex pride, anything is an idol that is made to be greater then God. And images in and of themselves if understood absolutely is NOT God or in fact a living thing is not in error of Gods first commandment. No Catholic on the face of this planet worships Mary as God or sees her as someone to worship. She is blessed by God which God said himself when the Holy Spirit overshadowed her. And in that light seen as one of the greatest aides to bring us closer to God. When we go to Mary in a statue we know she isn’t in there. But use it as a way to unit our mind and prayer towards asking for her intercession before God. If you can ask your priest for prayers and not worship his body as an idol when you stand before him asking, then so can we, we just don’t have Mary right in front of us we see the those that have died before us and those here on earth as one big family and family helps each other out. If you don’t want to get help from your family and go about it the hard way that’s up to you but most assuredly we don’t in anyway shape or form see Mary as God or worship her as. You’ve simple used images like the one you’ve presented and convinced yourself that this is what Catholics do.

DannyGirl

Mar 15, 2019
I dont have an earthly priest, and i call no man on earth..."father", as directed by the NEW Testament.
I only have a Heavenly priest. He's my HIGH Priest. = Jesus
He also said I have no mother or brothers. So obviously he didn’t mean it as saying he doesn’t and that you can’t call someone father mother or brother but that our destiny resides in heaven.

S

SophieT

I spoke the way I did because your argument is neither found in catholic or orthodox teaching but is found in Protestant ones. It wasn’t meant as a biased opinion but just a statement of facts. Talking about which doesn’t bother me but saying what I should think and who I am does as it leaves no openness to discussions and seeking truth together. It’s the equivalent of talking to a wall because you’ve already labeled me. Unfortunately protestants don’t realize that much of their catechetical teachings can vary from church to church and even among those who teach and have deeply researched their faith within Protestant circles admit there is a lack of consistent teaching among various Protestant churches. Many of who love God but interpret Christ according to their own feelings and sentiments which I find quite dangerous. The Catholic and Orthodox Church have a body of people who specifically safeguard the teachings of Christ so that when we officially teach dogma it’s been consistent since the time of Christ. We can use scripture for personal use but it not used as a teaching tool. I say this because your dark light implies that those who you deem are following the teachings of Christ are the true followers and not using the bible according to it’s necessary and real use, in that each character in the bible both bad and good is to reflect different aspects of ourselves and our own infidelities and selfish desires. We are just as much king David in our own laziness that leads to sexual impulses. Or can become the white washed tombs of the Pharisees. The bible wasn’t meant as a book to point the finger and feel good about ourselves. It was meant as a teaching tool for our own self improvement and deepening our relationship with God. Not being able to humble ourselves and see that we are no better then everyone else is true humility because at that point we realize without Christ I truly can do nothing.
I’m pointing at a serious error in your perspective. Yes there are people out there with bad intentions, yes even in the church but look at the Pharisees those who at the time were truly trying to bring the Israelite people back to God, they were living hypocritical lives. We who follow Christ are called to the same examination of conscience. If you want to talk about Mary we can, this too is greatly misunderstood and often lied about by other churches to what Catholics believe. No one equates Mary to God no one thinks of Mary as God. We just know like anyone else if you ask people to pray for you God pleased whe. We unit ourselves in prayer and what better person to lead that prayer is Gods mom, the one who said yes. We follow her example because she was full of grace and pleased God and anyone who can successfully do that is a good role model, so believes the church. Maybe this is way to many concepts to bring into this discussion. But if you want to discuss one of them we can
would you mind using proper spacing?

most people will not read this wall of text

some proper paragraphs would go a long way

thank you

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
I reiterate he isn’t worshiping Mary he is using a visual aide to ask for prayers. Any prayer we use to God and asking Mary to help expresses this. .

Therefore he is the mediator of a new covenant, so that those who are called may receive the promised eternal inheritance, since a death has occurred that redeems them from the transgressions committed under the first covenant - Hebrews 9:15.

For there is one God and one mediator between God and mankind, the man Christ Jesus - 1 Timothy 2:5

In Christ alone.

Feb 16, 2017
I reiterate he isn’t worshiping Mary he is using a visual aide to ask for prayers. .
The catholic cult teaches that mary is the "queen of heaven".
They teach that she is a 2nd mediator, "mediatrix".
This is why the pope is worshiping a 20 ft Plastic Mary, who is BLACK, and the Christ child is BLACK.
She is on a THRONE, has a CROWN.

So, as i said, it's impossible to have a honest dialog with a "cult of mary", deceived person.

Look at this incredible lie.
-

""""""The Second Vatican Council (Lumen gentium ## 61-62), said:
... in suffering with Him as He died on the cross, Mary cooperated in the work of the Savior, in an altogether singular way, by obedience, faith, hope, and burning love, to restore supernatural life to souls. As a result she is our Mother in the order of grace.​
This motherhood of Mary in the economy of grace lasts without interruption, from the consent which she gave in faith at the annunciation, and which she unhesitatingly bore with under the cross, even to the perpetual consummation of all the elect. For after being assumed into heaven, she has not put aside this saving function, but by her manifold intercession, she continues to win the gifts of eternal salvation for us"....

------------------------

So, there you have 3 lies, created by the Catholic Church Doctrine.

1. Mary restores supernatural life to souls

2. Mary flew to heaven

3. Mary wins the gifts of eternal salvation for people

And thats just 3 lies.
This "cult of mary", is one big pack of lies, its like a mountain of lies, and these 3 concerning the lie that Mary has anything to do with someone's salvation, is some of the worst and deepest, as this is a cult trying to insert Mary into the Sacrifice of God's Son.
This is hell inspired, devilment.

Here is a photo of the pope praying to plastic Mary and her Crown, and the book that celebrates his Mary worship.
Do you have this book., dannygirl?
-

Last edited:

DannyGirl

Mar 15, 2019
This is why the pope is worshiping a 20 ft Plastic Mary, who is BLACK, and the Christ child is BLACK.

So, as i said, it's impossible to have a honest dialog with a "cult of mary", deceived person.

-

... in suffering with Him as He died on the cross, Mary cooperated in the work of the Savior, in an altogether singular way, by obedience, faith, hope, and burning love, to restore supernatural life to souls. As a result she is our Mother in the order of grace.​
This motherhood of Mary in the economy of grace lasts without interruption, from the consent which she gave in faith at the annunciation, and which she unhesitatingly bore with under the cross, even to the perpetual consummation of all the elect. For after being assumed into heaven, she has not put aside this saving function, but by her manifold intercession, she continues to win the gifts of eternal salvation for us"....

------------------------

2. Mary flew to heaven

And thats just 3 lies.
This "cult of mary", is one big pack of lies, its like a mountain of lies, and these 3 concerning the lie that Mary has anything to do with someone's salvation, is some of the worst and deepest, as this is a cult trying to insert Mary into the Sacrifice of God's Son.

Here is a photo of the pope praying to plastic Mary and her Crown, and the book that celebrates his Mary worship.
-

What do you think mediator means. Queen doesn’t mean God. David was a king did he supersede God? No? Well then there is no problem. The dogma behind Mary a mediatrix is that through her God chose to bring salvation so it was through her yes that we know salvation through Jesus. There’s nothing heretical about that. It’s just a gross purposeful misinterpretation to justify why you aren’t Catholic. Your also assuming he’s praying to her only based on what it looks like. Did you ask him, or the words he’s saying. Like I said it’s a purposeful misinterpretation to justify your own stance not a factual one. All prayers to God that include Mary ALL ask for her assistance in the prayer to God not in praying to her. Every Catholic knows this because we hear it from protestants day in and day out. It’s a lie. And I’m surprised people are willing to disobey two commandments to maintain this illusion. First lying about something that Catholics have continuously said we don’t do. I think I know if I worship something or not. And second teaching to others that that is what I do. And blatantly spreading a falsehood simply based on a purposeful misinterpretation.

DannyGirl

Mar 15, 2019

-

------------------------

2. Mary flew to heaven

And thats just 3 lies.

-

I wanted to add that I think many protestants don’t understand how Mary can assist with God and I think a visual image might help here. It’s like your facing God speaking to him talking to him, learning from him and Mary is there holding your hand. She takes care of all the extra garbage so you can stay focused on God. She moves you out of the way of hurdling objects so at all times your attention can be fully on God. She doesn’t detract from God at all, she helps it, Catholics call her the escalator because she makes becoming a holy and good person that much easier. In no way shape or form does she ever point to anything but her son. We also works as an example for women, man men do not understand that she as a woman she shows us an example through our own femininity to embrace and love God. Through quite contemplation, she held everything in her heart. Through her actions, upon receiving Jesus she ran to share him with others. Meditation on her as an example on how we can embrace Christ more fully only allows growth. Hypocritically saying you can’t learn from her but and still read any other passage while following the example of the apostles and those that came before us is a particularly stubborn stance and limits your growth with God

Feb 16, 2017
What do you think mediator means. Queen doesn’t mean God..
Did Mary die on the Cross?
Then she is not a 2nd mediator.... See, there is only one SALVATION, That God provided. = And that is NOT MARY, and its NOT WATER.

So, your "cult of Mary", is real problem for you, as you are so deeply indoctrinated that you can't even begin to try to think for yourself.
That's not an insult. Thats a fact.

Now.....Look at this mess.
Look at this Photo.
See the CULT OF MARY???
Its right in front of your eyes, yet you can't see it.......
That's how deception works, Dannygirl.
--------
---

Feb 16, 2017
I wanted to add that I think many protestants don’t understand how Mary can assist /QUOTE]

Stop teaching "cult of Mary" nonsense.
It insults the Cross.

wake up.

S

SophieT

What do you think mediator means. Queen doesn’t mean God. David was a king did he supersede God? No? Well then there is no problem. The dogma behind Mary a mediatrix is that through her God chose to bring salvation so it was through her yes that we know salvation through Jesus. There’s nothing heretical about that. It’s just a gross purposeful misinterpretation to justify why you aren’t Catholic. Your also assuming he’s praying to her only based on what it looks like. Did you ask him, or the words he’s saying. Like I said it’s a purposeful misinterpretation to justify your own stance not a factual one. All prayers to God that include Mary ALL ask for her assistance in the prayer to God not in praying to her. Every Catholic knows this because we hear it from protestants day in and day out. It’s a lie. And I’m surprised people are willing to disobey two commandments to maintain this illusion. First lying about something that Catholics have continuously said we don’t do. I think I know if I worship something or not. And second teaching to others that that is what I do. And blatantly spreading a falsehood simply based on a purposeful misinterpretation.

guess not :(

S

SophieT

if you build it, they will come.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I wanted to add that I think many protestants don’t understand how Mary can assist with God and I think a visual image might help here. It’s like your facing God speaking to him talking to him, learning from him and Mary is there holding your hand. She takes care of all the extra garbage so you can stay focused on God. She moves you out of the way of hurdling objects so at all times your attention can be fully on God. She doesn’t detract from God at all, she helps it, Catholics call her the escalator because she makes becoming a holy and good person that much easier. In no way shape or form does she ever point to anything but her son. We also works as an example for women, man men do not understand that she as a woman she shows us an example through our own femininity to embrace and love God. Through quite contemplation, she held everything in her heart. Through her actions, upon receiving Jesus she ran to share him with others. Meditation on her as an example on how we can embrace Christ more fully only allows growth. Hypocritically saying you can’t learn from her but and still read any other passage while following the example of the apostles and those that came before us is a particularly stubborn stance and limits your growth with God
You seem to be referring to two different Mary's here...

The apostles did not follow Mary; she followed them.

And they never, not once, said anything about: praying to her, her bodily assumption, her
perpetual virginity; or being the second Eve, the mother of us all, and the queen of heaven.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
The apostles did not follow Mary; she followed them.

And they never, not once, said anything about: praying to her, her bodily assumption, her
perpetual virginity; or being the second Eve, the mother of us all, and the queen of heaven.

More importantly, Jesus never said anything about Mary regarding those things, either.

Nor did He elevate her above anyone, nor accord any special status to her because she birthed and weaned Him.

^ Two extra sentences added to my last reply :D

Will add also, that the instructions Jesus gave to His followers on how to pray specifically said, "Our Father..."