"Dark" or "Heavy" Soundng Christian Music

• Thread starter InfiniteDescent
  • Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
I

InfiniteDescent

Are you the type of person who will condemn music, just because it sounds dark/heavy (or whatever else you are uncomfortable with), by saying this cannot be Christian?

U

Ugly

Oh joy, here comes another music debate thread. Think i'll bow out of this one, as well.

I

InfiniteDescent

Oh joy, here comes another music debate thread. Think i'll bow out of this one, as well.
Lol, I'm actually just looking for straight answers. Hopefully this won't turn into a debate :/

U

Ugly

Psh... you must be new, haha. I've yet to see one of these threads not have haters and debaters. Even in our Christian Metal thread, which is for us to discuss the music, people come in trash talking the music. We aren't even discussing if its appropriate, just sharing bands, and news, goof off, whatever. The haters are often somewhat militant about this topic.

I

InfiniteDescent

Psh... you must be new, haha. I've yet to see one of these threads not have haters and debaters. Even in our Christian Metal thread, which is for us to discuss the music, people come in trash talking the music. We aren't even discussing if its appropriate, just sharing bands, and news, goof off, whatever. The haters are often somewhat militant about this topic.
Yeah, I kind of expected a few haters, but I was also just hoping to see people reply with simple answers. I'm not a fan of debates. I have noticed though a lot of Christians condemning music because it's not their preference, or for some reason, they think only hymns can be Christian. So I'm just curious about how many people think positively, or negatively, towards the non-mainstream Christian music.

Z

zaoman32

it is a demonic influence that will only lead to eternal damnation. Just look at AC/DC, the most satanic band in the world, saluting rock because it influences debauchery and the gyration of the hips.

I

InfiniteDescent

it is a demonic influence that will only lead to eternal damnation. Just look at AC/DC, the most satanic band in the world, saluting rock because it influences debauchery and the gyration of the hips.
Lol I can't tell if this is serious or just a playful joke. Good answer lol.

T

Tintin

I can only take so much screaming in music, but I won't condemn dark or heavy Christian artists/bands.

Z

zaoman32

I can only take so much screaming in music, but I won't condemn dark or heavy Christian artists/bands.
doom shall be upon you!

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
I don't personally care for metal, but I call Romans 14 on it. (As long as it meets Philippians 4:8.)

M

MissCris

I don't "condemn" any kind of music just because it's not something I personally enjoy listening to.

...except country.

Z

zaoman32

You are all heretics!

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
It is my heartfelt conviction that I should condemn Tintin for not being more condemning.

willfollowsGod

Apr 14, 2011
If people like listening to heavy and dark sounding Christian music, be my guest. I lean more into contemporary Christian music, Christian hip hop and rap, etc. I am trying to keep on building new musical tastes and/or new bands. But if someone cannot handle that music, a word of advice just don't listen to it.

U

Ugly

Music styles are subjective to each persons tastes, and their personal walk. Its between God and that person and its no one elses business. If you feel something is wrong, avoid it. But it doesn't make it wrong for everyone. The bible makes it clear there are areas in life that are up to each person, and two people, with differing opinions, are right, in their own walk.

Personally i've been listening to non-mainstream Christian music since i was saved, when i was 14. I was even listening to Stryper before that, haha. I currently have over 1500 albums of Christian music, mostly stuff that is not mainstream. Metal, punk, hardcore, techno, goth, reggae, rap, industrial, whatever floats my goat in a rain coat.

S

sze

I personally don't like dark/heavy music, because it sounds so negative and sounds like it has evil influences into it. Even if its nothing to do with evil influences, I still don't prefer listening to it bcuz all they vocalist are not singing , they're pretty much SHOUTING! Well thats just my opinion ;)

W

wwjd_kilden

I used to listen to doom metal quite a bit, now I just find it depressing, but I still listen to it now and then, it kind of helps if I'm in a bad mood.

Two of my favorites are "Jesus came to earth to die" by Extol and "De verdrongen tekenen" by Slechtvalk

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
i listen to hillsong, just started listen to JESUS Culture. i love Guitars, but also a mixture of beautiful slow Gospel, singing with a loud voice just sounds like noise to me lol..
but if It does not get in the way of your personal walk with GOD, listen away....

my_adonai_

Mar 19, 2012
I personally don't like dark/heavy music, because it sounds so negative and sounds like it has evil influences into it. Even if its nothing to do with evil influences, I still don't prefer listening to it bcuz all they vocalist are not singing , they're pretty much SHOUTING! Well thats just my opinion ;)
Yup SHOUTING is the word...........
lol i like my calmness even though i do up the volume a lot. huhu

and am a little civilized huhuhu . loool

tie.jpg

U

Ugly

I used to listen to doom metal quite a bit, now I just find it depressing, but I still listen to it now and then, it kind of helps if I'm in a bad mood.

Two of my favorites are "Jesus came to earth to die" by Extol and "De verdrongen tekenen" by Slechtvalk
Those aren't doom bands, silly kilden. Those are black metal... or unblack, for the Christian versions.