Date Night

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
I went on a date once many years ago. We went for a hike. I generally am the more reserved type, at least back then, and I did the majority of the talking. It wasn't pretty. I'd ask her something and she would give me a short one word answer or some other short answer. It got so bad that I was asking really dumb, nonsense type questions.

Oddly enough, she called me up a week or so later wanting to know if we could go out again. We didn't.

Mii

Mar 23, 2019
I went on a date once many years ago. We went for a hike. I generally am the more reserved type, at least back then, and I did the majority of the talking. It wasn't pretty. I'd ask her something and she would give me a short one word answer or some other short answer. It got so bad that I was asking really dumb, nonsense type questions.

Oddly enough, she called me up a week or so later wanting to know if we could go out again. We didn't.
I talk as a sort of anxious habit as well as I see it as the most practical way of getting to know someone. People like listening to me...well at least females do. Males it's a bit different, it's like we are fighting for the mic sometimes and I have to just stand down, because I legitimately want to be in agreement, and I can be a mic hog.

It is quite irritating for me when what you mentioned occurs. Are you listening?!? Yes. Do you want to dialogue?!? I'm just listening...

*exasperation ensues*.

...but then I feel like I should be patient and as I have become patient for feedback. I get it. It surprises me how much people are listening.

Hiking sounds like an excellent date honestly.

Krumbeard

Apr 15, 2019
The date that sticks out as the best date was in July of 2016. My wife and I went to out to eat, then to Ollies, bought a new bedspread, took it home and put it on the bed. Went to see a movie together. We had a really nice time.

Some times we would argue or be in a bad mood or something. This time was just really nice. It was a gift from God and a blessing.

Princesse

Feb 16, 2020
The worst experience I’ve ever had was with someone who wouldn’t stop eating. The place we went to had healthy portions. He ate his food and half of mine. I didn’t offer it!

We stopped at Starbucks afterward. The manager at our neighborhood store transfered to care for her aging mother and I didn’t have a chance to say goodbye. I wanted to surprise her and say hello.

When he ordered a venti drink and doughnut after downing all he’d done 20 minutes ago. I was at a loss for words. I expected he’d toss them but he finished both. The siren in my head was blaring. He smiled and said he’d start his diet in the new year.

I knew without fail this could only end one way. He’d influence me with his bad behavior pr drive me to a different extreme. I didn’t see him again. It was too disturbing.

oksana123

Feb 16, 2020
I wouldn't call this a date but my friend met this guy and wanted me to come along on a double date to make it less awkward. When I saw the guy I immediately wanted to go home. He was not my type. About a head shorter, much older, very bad looking. Anyways I told her I was leaving but she begged me to stay so I sat through 2 hours of dinner, riding in a car with them, and walking around the city while he made weird jokes and got uncomfortably close when we walked rubbing up against me I had to move away several times. At the end of the date he bought me flowers and asked for my # oh boy was it awkward lol

Sep 13, 2018
I wouldn't call this a date but my friend met this guy and wanted me to come along on a double date to make it less awkward. When I saw the guy I immediately wanted to go home. He was not my type. About a head shorter, much older, very bad looking. Anyways I told her I was leaving but she begged me to stay so I sat through 2 hours of dinner, riding in a car with them, and walking around the city while he made weird jokes and got uncomfortably close when we walked rubbing up against me I had to move away several times. At the end of the date he bought me flowers and asked for my # oh boy was it awkward lol

You made the perfect "wing man"!!! You are a true friend. I'm sure it was immensely appreciated by your friend...

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Does a playdate count?

I picked up my little cousins out for a playdate. We went to a farm fun Park and fed the animals, the girl got her pony ride and the boy went on a tractor ride and flying fox.
we petted bunnies and rats, fed llamas, sheep, ducks, chickens, saw emus and ostriches. we went in a maze. And a cave. We ate toasties and wedges and chocolate mousse.

Then I drove them home.

They said it was the best day out ever.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
Maybe it doesnt cos it wasnt at night.
I dont really go out much at night. Am too tired.

A good date during summer months is going to see the sunset at the beach...but dont stay out too late cos its windy roads to get back home. I did enjoy those dates whoever I am with but...depending on date, the last guy I went with wanted to talk all about his flatmates lovers problems and Im sorry but I dont know those people and its not really my business. He just went and on about them and it was way to compicated for me to get y head round.

so we didnt go on any dates after that I kind of stopped responding.

Sep 13, 2018
Maybe it doesnt cos it wasnt at night.
I dont really go out much at night. Am too tired.

A good date during summer months is going to see the sunset at the beach...but dont stay out too late cos its windy roads to get back home. I did enjoy those dates whoever I am with but...depending on date, the last guy I went with wanted to talk all about his flatmates lovers problems and Im sorry but I dont know those people and its not really my business. He just went and on about them and it was way to compicated for me to get y head round.

so we didnt go on any dates after that I kind of stopped responding.

I know. that baggage thing stinks! LOL. Iv'e been there when they did that. That does get old real fast...

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
I went out with a very attractive woman, but she wore sandals and her toes were really really long. Honestly, I couldn't stop staring at them. She could've hung upside down from a branch. It was just too distracting. I know I was the bad date, but if she had wings she could've grabbed by the shoulders and flown off with me. It was a total disaster and my fault, really.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I went out with a very attractive woman, but she wore sandals and her toes were really really long. Honestly, I couldn't stop staring at them. She could've hung upside down from a branch. It was just too distracting. I know I was the bad date, but if she had wings she could've grabbed by the shoulders and flown off with me. It was a total disaster and my fault, really.
um.

just wondering if it was her TOES or her toenails. What do you think of women with really long fingernails? Or fingers?
I have long fingers and I try to hide them because people look at them and go, wow I love your fingers do you play piano? And I have to tell them I dont as I dont have a piano.

I usually keep my fingernails short I do find long fingernails distracting. I am a bit weirded out by fake fingernails.