Dating a Christian, not so sure

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Prycejosh1987

Jul 19, 2020
Do what is necessary, you do not have to have sex before marriage, that is a sin, but its not a sin to hug your partner hug them and spoon with them, etc. Good luck finding your partner.

Subhumanoidal

Sep 17, 2018
Do what is necessary, you do not have to have sex before marriage, that is a sin, but its not a sin to hug your partner hug them and spoon with them, etc. Good luck finding your partner.
You're about a year late to the party.

TabinRivCA

Oct 23, 2018
Hi @Prycejosh1987 , what a sweet response:love: and so thoughtful. As it has been pointed out, here on CC there are older threads that appear open. Some of the OP's, orig posters, may or may not be around but their post is probably outdated. :love:I did the same thing when I first signed on and it takes time getting used to checking the posting dates. So please keep posting, you have valuable thoughts!

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
First time I've posted in this section.

I have been a Christian for about a year.
Late twenties and single.

Consequently sex before marriage was never something that effected me.

There are a few things that concern me about dating a Christian:

1. Sex before marriage, partly because I'm not sure I want to get married in the modern sense

2. The idea of not being able to live together until after marriage

3. If I had Children with a Christian, I'd like to bring them up around certain values but I'd like them to be given the chance to make up their own mind without being force fed Church dogma in Church children groups from a young age.
This is influenced by the fact that I came to God through my own free will and was not through being influenced by family (not Christians) or anything else.

Thoughts?
"1. Sex before marriage, partly because I'm not sure I want to get married in the modern sense"

"Modern sense"??? It sounds like you have not finished the process of being born again through complete regeneration of the soul by the Holy Spirit. When I was born again, the Holy Spirit guided me very gradually and patiently towards abandoning everything in life that does not come from true Christian people (men and women of God). As such, I am now truly born again, and find the "modern world" not so modern at all, yet just a rehashing of what sinful people have done through out all the ages.

Anyways, also, my heart opened up to the idea of true love from God, which is pure, and trumps any love expressed by people who don't follow God as their love is tainted with lust, greed, pride, envy, and other ugly sins. Born Again Christians have pure hearts since they've completed the effort of repenting for every sin they've committed in their life, and continue to repent whenever they commit wrong.

So, yes people must abstain from sex until marriage to serve God.

"2. The idea of not being able to live together until after marriage"

Again, a Born Again Christian does not behave like Pagans who live like mindless animals. They marry and then move in together.

"3. If I had Children with a Christian, I'd like to bring them up around certain values but I'd like them to be given the chance to make up their own mind without being force fed Church dogma in Church children groups from a young age.
This is influenced by the fact that I came to God through my own free will and was not through being influenced by family (not Christians) or anything else."

This demonstrates severe lack of understanding due to being blinded by Satan.

Influences can be good influences and bad influences depending on the people and intentions.

Yes, it is our job as Christians to influence our sons and daughters in good ways, including raising them in the word of the Lord.

Of course, evil people (who reject God) always see good influences as undesirable, and good people (who fully accept the Lord) always see good influences as highly desirable. I must admit I was a victim of this early in life. Thanks be to God, I was rescued by the Holy Spirit, Jesus Christ, and the blessings of the Lord our Father in Heaven. I see the light of God now and avoid the rebellious nature of Satan.

Raising your kids in the faith is akin of keeping them on the right path in a mountain hike lest they fall off a cliff. Only a fool would give them freedom to dabble in the Satanic. You must do it even if it feels unpleasant to them. This happens for a while and then Satan is defeated from them, and suddenly raising them in the faith feels very pleasant to them and they thank God and you for it.

Godspeed.

AndyMaleh

Jun 26, 2020
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
*whispers* I don’t think he really cares... 🤷🏻‍♀️
Yes, people may do as they please.

It is good to sometimes share new perspectives on older threads not to answer the original poster, but for the sake of spreading the Gospel of the Lord and doing good through sharing your opinion with other people in need of them.

Never listen to anyone who tries to silence your free speech, discourage it, or pretend to help you with false advice that restricts your freedom to do good. They are led by Satan and are very easy to spot and avoid. If on the other hand someone restricts your freedom to do evil, they are "rebuking" you as per scripture and helping you stay on the right path of Jesus Christ, which everyone could use all the help they can get for; thank them instead.

She_is_Legendary

May 30, 2019
Yes, people may do as they please.

It is good to sometimes share new perspectives on older threads not to answer the original poster, but for the sake of spreading the Gospel of the Lord and doing good through sharing your opinion with other people in need of them.

Never listen to anyone who tries to silence your free speech, discourage it, or pretend to help you with false advice that restricts your freedom to do good. They are led by Satan and are very easy to spot and avoid. If on the other hand someone restricts your freedom to do evil, they are "rebuking" you as per scripture and helping you stay on the right path of Jesus Christ, which everyone could use all the help they can get for; thank them instead.

Dude.... I really don’t care at this point.

But, thanks. 👍🏻

May 27, 2020
First time I've posted in this section.

I have been a Christian for about a year.
Late twenties and single.

Consequently sex before marriage was never something that effected me.

There are a few things that concern me about dating a Christian:

1. Sex before marriage, partly because I'm not sure I want to get married in the modern sense

2. The idea of not being able to live together until after marriage

3. If I had Children with a Christian, I'd like to bring them up around certain values but I'd like them to be given the chance to make up their own mind without being force fed Church dogma in Church children groups from a young age.
This is influenced by the fact that I came to God through my own free will and was not through being influenced by family (not Christians) or anything else.

Thoughts?
Your first point and second point is a challenge most of us Christians need to overcome. I have been a Christian since I was little and became born again at the age of 15 but yet fornication is one thing I am fighting against. It's like I am fighting the world and it's system. Today I follow and Tomorrow I put it aside although deep in me it bothers me a lot and I will decide to end the whole relationship and people around me don't understand nor see the significance of my decision. Which is " I am trying to stay away from immoral practice".

Your last point I totally disagree I believe teach a child once his/shs grown and decides to take a different turn then it's between him and God you have done your part what is left is for God to do his in his life, God can use different ways to bring him to him. I understand your reasoning, you are new to this with too many exposure I know you will surely understand why the above mentioned in your statement is important. We perhaps do not follow not because we do not understand and we do not know the predicaments of disobedience we know is just that we are fighting and God will surely step in cause he can surely see the effort we are putting in and he can see the rejection in our hearts for this things but the acceptance of our flesh.

JamesR

Aug 21, 2020
Spring Hill Florida
Personal experience. Do it the right way. (I did it the wrong way) Dont be lukewarm about this. The circumstances of which you begin your family will have all sorts of ramifications. You want to begin with a blessing and you will be blessed as long as you walk his way. So many marriages fail. So many children have to live seperate lives because we didnt begin with a righteous foundation. I would pray on this and consider also if you believe in God and his word then you know there is an enemy. Who roams about like a lion to seek who he may devour. Therefore why would you wait for your children to discover later in life how to guard their souls and put on the whole armor of God daily?