Dating an older man: How old would you go?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
That's true. Then you'd actually have to live in the country that is the reason you have not been invaded.
Well their are 3 benefits to the states....
Florida, California and Hawaii lol

SilverFox7

Dec 24, 2022
Grand Rapids, Michigan
There are a lot of challenges when the age difference becomes significant.

For example, my uncle just retired at 63, but his wife is 7 years younger and not even thinking about retirement now.

It is challenge for sure in their relationship right now.

MsMediator

Mar 8, 2022
There are a lot of challenges when the age difference becomes significant.

For example, my uncle just retired at 63, but his wife is 7 years younger and not even thinking about retirement now.

It is challenge for sure in their relationship right now.
Same age gap as my parents. That is basically the biggest challenge I see at that age. If both are not ready or eligible to retire, the older one has to wait some years or the younger one has to forego financial gain/have a reduced retirement. Either way, it affects both of them. Although I don't consider my parent's age gap too great, the wider the age gap the younger spouse becomes more of the caretaker earlier on.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
That's true. Then you'd actually have to live in the country that is the reason you have not been invaded.
according to Canadian Bacon and Saved by the bell you guys intend to invade Toronto

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Well their are 3 benefits to the states....
Florida, California and Hawaii lol
Actually the first two places you listed are states we are embarrassed about. Both states are generally regarded as crazy and we try to pretend they don't exist.

The third one seems cool though. A bit of a tourist trap, but nowhere near as crazy as those first two.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Actually the first two places you listed are states we are embarrassed about. Both states are generally regarded as crazy and we try to pretend they don't exist.

The third one seems cool though. A bit of a tourist trap, but nowhere near as crazy as those first two.
What's so embarassing about them??
Yeah.

Dec 17, 2022
Probably just 10 years. Preferably less...I think being a part of the same generation is helpful in getting along and understanding jokes or references we would make.
It's weird because when I was in my 20s I found men in their 30s more attractive. Now that I'm in my 30s, I still find men in their 30s the most attractive.

MessengerofTruth

Dec 21, 2022
I would like to offer some wisdom as a woman married to a man almost 7 years my senior.

I did not realize how hard it could be to marry someone older. I was 21 and he was 28 when we married.

I have realized in my older years that he was more set in his ways when we married, and we both had unspoken expectations that were not always met.

I would advise that you are very prayerful and careful. Be sure you know them well and discuss before any final plans for marriage much of your values and expectations to be sure you are compatible.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
I wouldn't worry about it if you don't plan on getting married. It's just one date right. He's just babysitting you really but if you believe its a date then...? Who am I to argue with people's romantic delusions.:love:

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
You can keep the last two.
That's one of those white elephant gifts.

California's rally cry is "Legislate everything!" It's like secular legalism on crack. Every fine detail of life has a rule. I know of one guy, a Texas transplant, who killed a possum in his own yard and got fined $600 because he didn't call Animal Control. "I'm from Texas. I AM Animal Control." Unfortunately the state of California did not recognize his authority and fined him heavily for such uncivil behavior.

Hawaii's motto is "Give us money." It's a nice place to visit, if you want to blow two years of savings in one week, but it takes three full-time jobs to live there.

Florida is like the opposite of California. "You can't tell me what to do!"

So yeah, good luck with them states you got.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
That's one of those white elephant gifts.

California's rally cry is "Legislate everything!" It's like secular legalism on crack. Every fine detail of life has a rule. I know of one guy, a Texas transplant, who killed a possum in his own yard and got fined $600 because he didn't call Animal Control. "I'm from Texas. I AM Animal Control." Unfortunately the state of California did not recognize his authority and fined him heavily for such uncivil behavior.

Hawaii's motto is "Give us money." It's a nice place to visit, if you want to blow two years of savings in one week, but it takes three full-time jobs to live there.

Florida is like the opposite of California. "You can't tell me what to do!"

So yeah, good luck with them states you got.
I was thinking more of the warm weather and lack of ice and snow. Do you know how many injuries I've sustained slipping on ice in the winter???

Sounds right, the state passing anti Christian laws to abolish freedom. Bible says every man is to own his own land, calling for help to remove a pest should be optional not mandatory.

See I wouldn't know, I've never been outside of Canada.

GaryA

Truth, Honesty, Love, Courage
Aug 10, 2019
mywebsite.us
I was thinking more of the warm weather and lack of ice and snow. Do you know how many injuries I've sustained slipping on ice in the winter???

Sounds right, the state passing anti Christian laws to abolish freedom. Bible says every man is to own his own land, calling for help to remove a pest should be optional not mandatory.

Yeah - "Thanks-a-lot!" to all the crazy people for "filling up" and "taking over" the states with the best climate/weather... :rolleyes:

And, to all of the normal sane people who live there - why did you let them do it????? :confused:

:(

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Yeah - "Thanks-a-lot!" to all the crazy people for "filling up" and "taking over" the states with the best climate/weather... :rolleyes:

And, to all of the normal sane people who live there - why did you let them do it????? :confused:

:(
Did you want to borrow my books on cognitive psychology and abnormal psychology?? Lol

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014

Your mistake was going too close to the edges, east and west. It's always safest in the middle... like Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgia, the places where people are still sane and the climate rarely gets either extremely hot or cold.

I_am_Canadian

Dec 8, 2014
Your mistake was going too close to the edges, east and west. It's always safest in the middle... like Tennessee, Arkansas, Kentucky, Georgia, the places where people are still sane and the climate rarely gets either extremely hot or cold.
Ahhh ok, thanks for the tip.

Gojira

Jul 20, 2021
Mesa, AZ

FL and TX are good states. HI is a very left-wing state. CA's become a "progressive" wasteland, and that power structure keeps getting landslide victories. They like the insanity and "security" of extreme government, I guess because that's not fascist. Or something.

Apr 3, 2020
I am 38. I married a woman older than me, when I was younger 20-30 I always dated girls in their 30s. Never got along with the brats my age. My older wife divorced me. I thought that older men were with young women because they had money and a yacht.

Then my wife leaves me at 31 and I start doing the single thing after a 7 year relationship. I started getting a lot of attention from young attractive women. And i just got more every year. Not all men get attention from younger women but I fit women's criteria generally, tall muscular fit have my life together. I am like their limited chance at an older guy like that and they shoot their shot. Younger women Cap about this so not to blow their cover to men their age who most of them will end up with.

I have girls half my age and 1/3my size who would love to date me. Pretty with wonderful personalities. Young men are unproven its not their fault but they flat out couldn't compete with me on a neutral playing field. Even guys who are studs. Nobody told me this and it wasn't my plan.

Some on line post I read called guys like me Silverbacks. He was saying how his 55yo boss picked up a 24yo hot girl and she ignored the op. If I wasn't Christian I could easily date girls in their early 20s when I am 55. But I want kids and not interested in waiting that long to prove a point.