daughter in hospital with pneumonia

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
A

AnandaHya

doctors aren't sickos looking to hurt people. conspiracy theories are kind of overboard.

I had pneumonia three times before the age of 10 and had to be hosptialized. The doctors and nurses were very kind and I would probably have died without their intervention. Probably from dehydration since I was too out of it to eat or drink for a few days. I didn't like the IVs but I'm sure they helped during the period I wasn't concious. My mom told me I stopped breathing for a little bit in my sleep. Don't remember it, just woke up in the hospital a couple days after going to sleep. I've learned to control my emotions otherwise I have asthma attacks and can't say anything. which is not always a bad thing. Keeps you from saying things in anger when you aren't able to draw a breath to speak.

There are actually some Christian doctors that could care less for money, they hire good assistants to deal with that aspect and concentrate on treating their patients and getting them better. Many pray with their patients before treatment if they know its ok with the patient and their families.

Vitamin c is good, so is ginger lemon tea but if the infection is in the lungs antiboitics help.

Either way we should pray and have faith in God, not place fear and irrational distrust of those trying to help her into others.

Dear God give us peace to accept whatever Your will is. Give the doctors wisdom to treat this young and precious life so that she may recover and grow to become the strong and beautiful woman You intend her to be. Lord remind us of Your mercy and grace. ...

1 Thessalonians 5
23 Now may the God of peace Himself sanctify you completely; and may your whole spirit, soul, and body be preserved blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. 24 He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it.

25 Brethren, pray for us.

Last edited:
W

wwjd_kilden

Amen to what was said above.

Most people who become doctors or nurses do so because they have an intention of helping people. There are easier ways to get rich if that was their goal. I realize Norway and the US is not the same, but I spent much time in hospitals as a kid, and I know the staff there saved my life.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Still praying for all healing in Jesus with praise and thanksgiving for her.

God bless
pickles

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Ten days ago my daughter got some kind of virus or something that was kinda harsh on her. I did take her to the ER for it because of some alarming vital signs. At that time they said they could tell that the lungs were clear, and it was probably just an upper respiratory tract infection (which pretty much means a cold virus). Anyway her fever finally stopped after about a week, but her rapid, shallow breathing continued, as well as an elevated heart rate. And she developed a very frequent, productive cough, and it sounded really congested, and she still hadn't been herself. So today I took her back to the doctor and from just listening with a stethoscope they could tell that it had developed into pneumonia (and they confirmed that with a chest x-ray and saw that the right lung was infected). The doctor said she needs to be admitted right away so that they can administer antibiotics in the fastest way, which is intravenously, to clear it up fast, and to make sure that it doesn't get even worse and cause other complications.

They expect improvement after two to three days of IV antibiotics. Assuming she does indeed improve then she'll be released and given oral antibiotics at home.

I try to avoid drugs and all that but I know this can become even more serious if it's not treated so I'm just trusting the doctors and trusting God.

Thanks for your prayers.
I pray your doctors and their treatment is blessed by our Father to heal her now, in Jesus Christ's name, amen.

My bil is going through a suspiciously similar experience, and so in turn is my sister after him. Both of whom were told they have a "virus" however my bil's turned into pneumonia. My sister has bone cancer stemming from previously undetected breast cancer, so prayers for her are appreciated also.

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Thank you all for praying. My daughter was released from the hospital on Friday. Now she's on oral antibiotics and we have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I pray for a good prognosis from the doctor, and for total recovery and no recurrence.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
God bless you all and hold you near, in Jesus Christ's name, amen............

S

sadlonelymissjennifer

Keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. May God heal her!

J

jkalyna

Thank you all for praying. My daughter was released from the hospital on Friday. Now she's on oral antibiotics and we have an appointment with the doctor tomorrow. I pray for a good prognosis from the doctor, and for total recovery and no recurrence.
:) I thank the lord she is home. WHEN MY DAUGHTER WAS IN PUBLIC SCHOOL ELEMENTARY, THE TEACHER WOULDN'T LET HER GO TO THE GIRLS ROOMS. SHE DIDN'T WANT TO DRINK JUICES AND THINGS FOR BREAKFAST BECAUSE OF IT. BECAUSE OF THIS SHE GOT CONSTIPATED AND A LITTLE PIECE WENT TO THE APPENDIX WHERE IT PERFORATED. DURING THIS TIME WITH A FEVER OF 103 AND SEEING TWO DOCTORS, SHE WAS MISDIAGNOSED, AND SENT HOME, EVEN CHECKED HER SIDE. SHE SHOULD OF HAD BEEN TAKEN TO THE HOSPITAL FOR BLOOD WORK. THIS HAPPENED WITH 2 DRS. SHE ALMOST DIED AT HOME, AND EVEN THOUGH THE DRS. SAID IT WAS A FLU, AFTER PRAYING AND SHOULD OF TOOK HER STRAIGHT TO THE HOSPITAL INSTEAD OF GOING HOME, BUT WHEN WE GOT THERE, THE APPENDIX PERFORATED, AND SHE HAD TO HAVE EMERGENCY SURGERY. SHE WAS IN THE HOSPITAL FOR 3 WEEKS STRAIGHT ON ANTIBIOTICES VIA THE I.V. AND THE FEVER ONLY WENT DOWN DURING THE LAST FEW DAYS THERE. THE DR. TOLD ME IF I DIDN'T GET HER IN THEN WHEN I DID ON THE LEADING OF THE HOLY SPIRIT, SHE WOULD OF DIED. SHE LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT, BUT SHE IS STRONGE AND WAS THEN. THE NURSES SAID THEY NEVER SEEN ANYTHING LIKE IT, THAT SHE DID NOT VOMIT NOT ONCE IN 3 WEEKS, BECAUSE OF THE REACTION OF THE ANTIBIOTICS. SHE ALSO DIDN'T NEED A NOSE TUBE. THEY WERE AMAZED AT THE PEACE OF GOD UPON HER AND HIS MIRACCLOUS HANDS LEADING HER OUT DAY BY DAY. AFTER THE FIRST SURGERY AND THE MRI'S IT ABSSYED, AND SHE HAD TO HAVE THE SURGERY AGAIN TO DRAIN THE ABSYSS, THE DR. SAID DO YOU WANT TO WAIT, AND SEE IF THE ANTIBIOTCIS FIRST CLEAR IT UP, OR DO IT NOW. I FELT LEAD TO SAY WAIT. THE PHILIPINO DR. SAID, IT WAS GOOD THAT WE DID WAIT, BECAUSE IT ALL ACCUMULATED IN ONE PLACE, INSTEAD OF ALL OVER. THE TEACHER HAS BEEN DISMISSED ALSO FOR OTHER REASONS, AND THIS WAS ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO AND ALL IS FINE. I GIVE GOD THE GLORY AND PRAISE. I LEARNED TO BE MINDFULL OF YOUR CHILDREN AND DO NOT TAKE ANY ONE OPIONION IF YO NEED GO TO THE ER OR GET 3 OPIONIONS, THE FOREMOST IMPORTANT IS THAT YOU LISTEN TO THE VOICE OF THE HOLY SPIRIT IN PRAYER WHAT TO DO. I KNOW THE NURSES SAID, THAT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS GIVE YOUR CHILDREN A HALF OF CUP OF PRUNE JUICE TO AVOID CONSTIPATION, OR A GOOD FRUIT DIET. THE DOCTOR ALSO TOLD ME THAT HE HAD LOST CHILDREN BECAUSE OF THIS AND WAS NOT ALBLE TO DO ANYTHING. OUR CHILDRENS HEALTH, SPIRITUAL, PHYSICAL, AND EMOTIONAL SOCIAL IS SO IMPORTANT, THEY ARE GIFTS TO US, WE NEED TO CARE FOR THEM AS LONG AS WE LIVE ON THIS EARTH, TO LOVE THEM AND LOVE THEM AND HUG THEM AND PRAY A LITTLE SECRET PRAY OVER THEM AS YOU HUG THEM. CLAIM THE WORD OVER THEM, PROCLAIM GODS PROMISES OVER THEM. IN JESUS NAME. THANK YOU LORD THAT YOU ARE FAITHFULL AND MINDFULL OF YOUR CHILDREN. LOVE YOU LORD.

A

AnandaHya

thank God,

will keep her and your family in our prayers :)

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou Jesus for her continued healing.
Thankyou RoboOp for the update on how she is doing.
I know so well what you all have been through the last week.
So prayers and praise going up in Jesus for all healing and rest and streangthening to her and your family, and continued recovery.

Hugs to her and your family .
God bless
pickles

S

shekaniah

Praise God she is home and feeling better,
prayers continue....

RoboOp

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 4, 2008
Thank you all. We did see the doctor the other day for the follow up and got a good prognosis. The doctor said that the lungs are much clearer and full recovery is expected.

I thank God for the doctor(s) and the I pray for full healing and recovery.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Continueing to pray for her full healing as well.
With praise and thanksgiving for all that is God Our fathers care!

It is these difficulties when our children have been so ill, that I cannot help but wonder how great God Our Father"s love is that He , knowing that sin brought death, made sure His chidren would have the healing , cure, in Jesus!
So that we may live in Him, life eternal.

God bless
pickles

U

Ugly

Glad to hear your little angel is doing well, Robo.

N

nanabean

Robo.......I thank God she is doing better and full recovery/healing is expected. I pray for continued strength and health. God bless.

S

shekaniah

Praise God! Lord give this family rest and recovery, In Jesus Name, Amen

B

bobby7

Dear Mother Mary; Mother of sorrow, Queen of Peace. All you Angels and Saints, please help Roboop and his daughter. Thank you Mother. In Jesus name. Amen

W

wwjd_kilden

I am happy to hear that :) praying still

B

BrittanyJones

*hugs Robo* I am glad your daughter is doing better! I don't like drugs, doctors, or hospitals either but in certain situations, temporarily taken it does save lives. I'll pray that she makes a speedy recover and gets off the antibiotic soon!

M

Miguel7

Praise the Lord, Who heals us...

Thank you all. We did see the doctor the other day for the follow up and got a good prognosis. The doctor said that the lungs are much clearer and full recovery is expected.

I thank God for the doctor(s) and the I pray for full healing and recovery.