Daughter ostracized for being non-affirming of children’s gender dysphoria

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Godsgirl83

some of the results are extremely poor.
I'm sure there are situations that produce poor results, but most states have regulations to ensure that home based private education is being done in such a way that the child learns and benefits.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
:unsure: hmmm what do I know on the subject :rolleyes: ..........

Your right. I guess homeschooled kids would do better in public schools where many are 1 1/2- 2 years BEHIND due to lockdowns.
When they returned they were expected to somehow just know what would have been taught during that time and pick up and move forward thus causing confusion, and, frustration. Being forced into hybrid education, never knowing if tomorrow they will go to school or stay home and work virtually. There is a generation of public school children who are going to reach graduation time in the next few years and be "old enough" but still not "smart enough" to graduate.

I don't have time right now, but if I did I could give you more links than you could find time for (even in retirement) that show all this.
Oh I'm not saying that homeschooling doesn't work...for some people it's miles and miles better than public school education. Seen that myself.

For others though its tantamount to education abuse. All depending upon the parents.

I've seen both sides of this.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
I'm sure there are situations that produce poor results, but most states have regulations to ensure that home based private education is being done in such a way that the child learns and benefits.
The biggest whine I hear from the kids who are successfully home schooled is that they never get a snow day.
But my nephew never really had a real school day...his sisters did...they did well and were self motivated.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
The biggest whine I hear from the kids who are successfully home schooled is that they never get a snow day.
But my nephew never really had a real school day...his sisters did...they did well and were self motivated.
My homeschooled kids never get snow days but that's because we live on the coast and it pretty much never snows. :LOL:

They do, however, get their birthdays off and plenty of sick days and "just because" days...

Oh, and they love the fact that they can go to the bathroom whenever they want/need to instead of raising their hand for the whole class to see. And that they can sleep in, if they want.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Those that think the 11 year old should just not engage and just be kind, I get what you're saying but, seriously, it's probably pushed in her face more than y'all realize. What is she supposed to do when she's asked questions about that lifestyle from her classmates? When everyone else is cheering for the LGBTQ and she's sitting there, silent? She's not going to escape their "wrath" by saying nothing. Not to mention the OP said her daughter mentioned her Biblical beliefs to ONE friend, and it got spread around. It doesn't sound like she's going around saying, "You're a sinner! And you're a sinner! And you over there, sinner!!"

Are ya'll all really saying she should never speak up?

Why would we teach our children complacency?

Whatever happened to speaking the truth in love? Yes, she's only 11, but what does it say to a young Christian when they're basically told to ignore sin when it's shoved in their face? It's not just adults that can spread the Word or that have to stand up for righteousness.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
Those that think the 11 year old should just not engage and just be kind, I get what you're saying but, seriously, it's probably pushed in her face more than y'all realize. What is she supposed to do when she's asked questions about that lifestyle from her classmates? When everyone else is cheering for the LGBTQ and she's sitting there, silent? She's not going to escape their "wrath" by saying nothing. Not to mention the OP said her daughter mentioned her Biblical beliefs to ONE friend, and it got spread around. It doesn't sound like she's going around saying, "You're a sinner! And you're a sinner! And you over there, sinner!!"

Are ya'll all really saying she should never speak up?

Why would we teach our children complacency?

Whatever happened to speaking the truth in love? Yes, she's only 11, but what does it say to a young Christian when they're basically told to ignore sin when it's shoved in their face? It's not just adults that can spread the Word or that have to stand up for righteousness.
Woah...
Huge difference between complacency and creating boundaries and better friend choices.

I'm certainly not suggesting complacency. Taking a firm stand against sin by a child so young even though it cost her some ridicule by friends she valued is huge...it gets more difficult for her later...this is a time to be supportive and not abandon her or remove her from the situation (unless it becomes unsustainable)

Later choices made by this child will be based upon her perceptions of what happens from this situation. Did she win or lose? Not what the parents think but what she thinks. That's what matters.

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
Woah...
Huge difference between complacency and creating boundaries and better friend choices.

I'm certainly not suggesting complacency. Taking a firm stand against sin by a child so young even though it cost her some ridicule by friends she valued is huge...it gets more difficult for her later...this is a time to be supportive and not abandon her or remove her from the situation (unless it becomes unsustainable)

Later choices made by this child will be based upon her perceptions of what happens from this situation. Did she win or lose? Not what the parents think but what she thinks. That's what matters.
This should definitely be an eye-opener on her choice of a "friend". Real friends wouldn't go around telling everyone your private conversation and turning everyone against you. But the suggestions seems to be to "be nice" and ignore the sin, which is wrong.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
This should definitely be an eye-opener on her choice of a "friend". Real friends wouldn't go around telling everyone your private conversation and turning everyone against you. But the suggestions seems to be to "be nice" and ignore the sin, which is wrong.
That would be a false perception about me...

No, I share Jesus' stance on sin...it needs to be destroyed no matter the cost. That herd of pigs with legion was a significant financial blow to someone.

Of course you take a stand against sin...no suggestions to the contrary. But the whole world is overflowing with sin and sinners...no new news there. So obviously the focus needs to be elsewhere. The mom understood the dichotomy...and sought assistance. I gave her what she really needed instead of a platitude about how evil the world is. (She already knows that part)

Genipher

Jan 6, 2019
That would be a false perception about me...

No, I share Jesus' stance on sin...it needs to be destroyed no matter the cost. That herd of pigs with legion was a significant financial blow to someone.

Of course you take a stand against sin...no suggestions to the contrary. But the whole world is overflowing with sin and sinners...no new news there. So obviously the focus needs to be elsewhere. The mom understood the dichotomy...and sought assistance. I gave her what she really needed instead of a platitude about how evil the world is. (She already knows that part)
My apologies, I wasn't trying to attack you or your character. You weren't the one suggesting to ignore and "be nice". Though there have been some suggestions here that have insinuated to just ignore the sin.
Your advice on finding better friends and her parents assuring the child she is loved is a good one.

My suggestion would be to pull her out and homeschool her.

JohnDB

Jan 16, 2021
My apologies, I wasn't trying to attack you or your character. You weren't the one suggesting to ignore and "be nice". Though there have been some suggestions here that have insinuated to just ignore the sin.
Your advice on finding better friends and her parents assuring the child she is loved is a good one.

My suggestion would be to pull her out and homeschool her.
Its all good...

No harm no foul. I don't mind clarifying.

I'm an old guy with lots of experience and bad habits of not necessarily explaining some things. (I assume people already know them)

My son is grown, looking to get married and is doing relatively well.

There's all kinds of people on social media offering some of the worst advice in "God's name". I try to set myself apart from them but... well it's difficult at times to do so.

Sep 8, 2021
My daughter is 11. Several of her female childhood school friends have come out as bi, gay, trans. She has mentioned to one friend that she didn’t feel that this lifestyle was supported by the Bible. It was spread that she is a homophobe, and now, she feels very isolated and alone. I would bring her to a Christian school, but these days, many of them are affirming of Biblically unsanctioned lifestyles, and the cost is so high and drive far. What are some ways that you’ve taught your kids/teens to deal with this issue? It almost seems to be an epidemic when she mentions how many 6th grade girls are lgbtq.
genesis 19:1-11

presidente

May 29, 2013
My daughter is 11. Several of her female childhood school friends have come out as bi, gay, trans. She has mentioned to one friend that she didn’t feel that this lifestyle was supported by the Bible. It was spread that she is a homophobe, and now, she feels very isolated and alone. I would bring her to a Christian school, but these days, many of them are affirming of Biblically unsanctioned lifestyles, and the cost is so high and drive far. What are some ways that you’ve taught your kids/teens to deal with this issue? It almost seems to be an epidemic when she mentions how many 6th grade girls are lgbtq.
It is truly sad what this agenda is doing to our children. Clearly, there are a lot more children who would take on these labels and probably later experiment with certain perversions than back when there was a social stigma on these sexual perversions. I was listening to a Jordan Peterson video where he was talking about the trend of young girls claiming to have a made-up gender because of something they saw on TikTok and the move toward giving children hormone therapy if they requested it. It is hard for me to understand the insane evil foolishness of adults who would promote this wickedness to children.

This site describes a study and says, "gay and bisexual youth are five times more likely to attempt suicide". https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...s-between-gay-straight-suicide-deaths-n978211

Politicians, school officials, and thought leaders in the US are promoting a lifestyle and identity to children that leads them to be five times more likely to commit suicide. I have also read that over 40% of people who have transexual surgery commit suicide.

My kids have studied in US schools and have gone to school overseas and did a year of stay at home during COVID. When they went back to school, they'd come home with stories about this stuff. Back when one of my daughters was about that age going to a school in the US, she said there was a girl who considered herself 'nonbinary.' Now, they talk about the dude with make-up and the pink pants. And there are lots of brainwashed girls who think it is bad to be a 'homophobe' in middle school these days.

We have had Bible study in our home just about every night since my oldest was two years old. We have taught our children on this. We have discussed these things, and they seem to be fairly firmly entrenched when it comes to not accepting the LGBT agenda and virginity. I know one of my daughters has had conversations about this stuff, but I don't know that she has talked to a lot of people about it.

I think you should equip your daughter to defend her position on this. The fact that her friends are encouraging of this, and promoting a philosophy that leads to suicide is one fact that might be helpful. i have also read in an academic journal that (based on the author's research) there was no known research supporting the idea that there is truly a phobia called 'homophobia.' If someone cared about others, why would they promote the idea that this kind of lifestyle is okay. Those who use the term are just using a loaded term to shame and ridicule those who disagree with their philosophy.

You can also encourage your daughter to be kind and to keep the focus of her conversation on Christ. You can encourage her from the beatitudes that blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. The Bible teaches if we suffer with Him, we will reign with Him.