daughters in law of Noah

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

ckhascall

Jun 2, 2019
Not to stir up a Hornets nest but one of Noah's son's wives must have had some Nephilim DNA in her genetics. This would explain why the land of Canaan had very large warriors from several different tribes. It might also explain why Genesis 6:4 is phrased the way it is. I was referring to what the Bible calls Repham or Emims or Zuzims. And, do you think this is why Abraham was sent to Canaan, to destroy all these tribes by the hand of the nation of Israel?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Not to stir up a Hornets nest but one of Noah's son's wives must have had some Nephilim DNA in her genetics. This would explain why the land of Canaan had very large warriors from several different tribes. It might also explain why Genesis 6:4 is phrased the way it is. I was referring to what the Bible calls Repham or Emims or Zuzims. And, do you think this is why Abraham was sent to Canaan, to destroy all these tribes by the hand of the nation of Israel?
We also see the lineage of the nephilim in Goliath.

But on the thought of Abraham being sent to Canaan to bring judgment again on these people because of their genetics is only a assumption because the Bible doesn't say nothing about that. The only thing promised is a land flowing with milk and honey and the inhabitants was evil and deserving of God's judgment.

Jun 10, 2019
Could you supply verses about the very large people in Canaan at the time after the flood?

oldhermit

Jul 28, 2012
Alabama
How do we know that Noah or his wife were not of the Nephilim?

Roughsoul1991

Sep 17, 2016
Numbers 13:33 (ESV)
33 And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them.”

Deuteronomy 9:2 (ESV)
2 a people great and tall, the sons of the Anakim, whom you know, and of whom you have heard it said, ‘Who can stand before the sons of Anak?’

Joshua 11:22 (ESV)
22 There was none of the Anakim left in the land of the people of Israel. Only in Gaza, in Gath, and in Ashdod did some remain.

1 Samuel 17:4
4 A champion named Goliath, who was from Gath, came out of the Philistine camp....

ckhascall

Jun 2, 2019
How do we know that Noah or his wife were not of the Nephilim?
Hi, I wanted to answer you as I think your question is a good one. Genesis chapter 6 seems to have quite a lot to say about God and Noah's relationship. God has seen the evil, corruption and wickness of all men, all except Noah. If all mankind is truely corrupt and has no good left in him either mind or deed, except Noah, then God's punnishment seems to fit the crime. The punnishment is extremely severe but the crimes are particularly heinous.

Speculating again from my own understanding, somehow Noah and his wife and families did not marry outside of their people unlike all the other peoples right up to the flood. I was thinking if any or all of Noah's sons wives families blood line was tainted with Nephilim DNA, perhaps Noah had more son's and daughters that kept the blood line pure. I would appreciate your feed back.

ckhascall

Jun 2, 2019
Could you supply verses about the very large people in Canaan at the time after the flood?
This is what i have found so far... Genesis 14: 5-7 Deuteronomy 2: 10,11,20 and 21 joshua 11: 20,21 1 Samual 17.