Day 23 Interesting developments and scriptures

  • Thread starter Thread starter tterr007
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tterr007

Guest
Ive heard a calling from the Lord to get closer to Him, it has ben quite difficult to shift my thoughts from where I'd thought I'd be to where i actually am now.

Nevertheless, Ive been focusing on His music and school.

(Please pray for me for guidance about school, seems like Im almost there and then another road block forms in the way.)

Scripture for today is Isaiah 55:6-7

This was a scripture that I had already had highlighted in my bible for some time.

Today it spoke new volumes as I prayed through it.


When I read the first sentence I felt fear almost, because to me I feel like it's saying that the Lord can Hide himself. Which is not something anyone wants to experience, I mean God hiding his face? We already feel seperation, the confusion sometimes, the constant battle with our own thoughts. The last thing I would want is for him to Hide himself from me. It's terrifying...
[SUP]6 [/SUP]Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
We should call on the Lord all the time, even when things are going well lol because it only takes us a humans a couple of seconds to make a decision to displease him. Oh the joys of being human...smh..

[SUP]
7
[/SUP]Let the wicked forsake their ways
and the unrighteous their thoughts.
This verse is one that has been on my mind for quite some time. the bible gives us definitions on what a wicked person is like. I personally like to apply everything I read to myself because we all have our faults and things that go through our minds that are wicked. I have to keep practicing forsaking these thoughts. dropping them like hat glass lol
Let them turn to the Lord, and he will have mercy on them,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.

You know I usually try to picture everything written as a huge formula. The Lord always provides steps.
Seek him while he is near (Step one)
Forsake your evil thoughts (Step 2)
Turn to God and recieve mercy and pardon (outcome of following steps)
^^ My thoughts on thsi verse feel free to comment and add!!
 
We should call on the Lord all the time, even when things are going well lol because it only takes us a humans a couple of seconds to make a decision to displease him. Oh the joys of being human...smh..
You aren't just a kiddin' when you say it only takes we humans a couple of seconds to do something that displeases the Lord. I think of it often, how difficult it is to be this human being, wanting with all my heart to be close to my creator and please Him, everyday I see areas in my life that convict my soul. Yes, oh the joy of being human. Take good care.
 
hi im new to this site an i came across your post an it really spoke volumns to me an my life i have read that scripture several times an i have never looked at it like that before i really want to follow your posts thank u for posting it for all to see...you never know who u may be helping with your posts...GBY
 
Thanks im glad I can be of help :) God bless you.
 
Last edited by a moderator: