day 7 end

  • Thread starter Thread starter tterr007
  • Start date Start date
  • Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

    If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

    To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

tterr007

Guest
SO my mom keeps bringing up that I'm punishing my little brother...

It just has to be me that's the problem. It is quite annoying that when I am going through something she CONSTANTLY has to pick and bring be down.

Sometimes she says the most awful things about me. It just cant be for once that my brother is depending more on his mom than his sister.

She says should have just given him what he wanted lol just an awful thing to say.
She has the responsibility of raising her kid now, it does not seem to be sitting to well.
Instead of me, she is the one reading the bible to him not me. Instead of it being my responsibility to wash him and get his book bag ready sometimes its hers.

How is it punishing my brother that his mom is finally doing the mother things with him instead of his older sister?

Like I said before it just has to be me. It cant be that my little brother is changing and he wants his mom more? It has to be me and my failed relationship causing all the problems.

It always has to be someone else's fault except for hers...always because she's the mom. And this is why most of my sisters prefer to keep their relationships separate from the house. To not get all this backlash when something goes wrong.

What I truly feel, is that she is punishing me. As I said before, punishing me because I am the one who brought Him here. Deep inside I believe that she does blame me.

Or else she wouldn't constantly bring it up every day, since me and my fiancé broke up. I try to be as respectful as possible, but the jabs get old.

Lord give me the grace to handle this situation according to your will.
I suck at handling situations with my family, you know my heart and how I feel.

Me not having my brother in the bed before a certain time, does not have to be my responsibility alone. It should not be I am not his mother, I can help when she is busy. But he is her child, she cant throw him on me when she feels like she doesn't want to deal with him.

It really sucks having to deal with her and this...Makes me want to hide all my feelings and keep them to myself and not tell her anything. Lest she use it against me like she did today.

Its human to not want to be bothered sometimes, but you suck it up and you entertain and be compassionate.
 
Hello there tterr007!:D

Somehow I can relate to how you feel. Although I don't have any younger siblings. In fact, Im the youngest. Well, sometimes its really annoying to take responsibility of a younger sibling.

I see your point that your mom seems to notice only the wrong things you've done.
Just keep praying for your mom that she'll be able to see you as a responsible and an obedient daughter and a sister. And also to your little brother, just treat him well or how a big sis should be. Eventually, as he grow older, he will be seeing you as a role model and he will adapt also those positive traits you have shown to him.


Be not discouraged about these things. Just think of it as an opportunity to show the love and mercy that Christ have also shared to you.


And everytime you feel like you have a lot of problems, just always read the Bible (especially Psalms or Proverbs) and just ponder upon it.

I would like to share this verse to you,
Ephesians 4:31-32 KJV
"Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you."


I hope that this would help you or just even make you feel a bit better. God bless you gurl! :o I'll be praying for you!