Dead Raisers need more corpses!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
This is just about the most disgusting thing I have heard about in a long time. And it was published by a FB friend who is so left and anti-God, I feel like it hurt my witness of 4 years I have had with her!

This has to be the worst of the Word Faith movement, and are they kidding??

Evangelical Christians want access to more corpses … to hone their ‘raising the dead’ skills

I think if Jesus wants us to raise someone from the dead, he will provide the circumstances and the body. However, I am pretty sure that is NOT going to happen in my lifetime. Really, this is worse than lawyers who are ambulance chasers. And no successes either! That really says something!

I just noticed it came from "The Voice of Atheism". I wish people would not shame the gospel like this. Very sad!

1still_waters

1still_waters

At least they're putting some action to their doctrine.

So many of those who believe this way stand/sit around the altar as the music plays, thumping their figurative chests like King Kong, proclaiming their faith and power, as they brow beat each other for not making use of the power God has given them. In the end it just ends up as a huge emotional display where lots of frenzy is whipped up.

Hopefully they find a constructive way to do this that won't destroy the faith of others. If what they're doing is false, hopefully the light eventually goes on in their heads, and they change their doctrine.

Last edited:

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
The person who first posted this, expressed her hope it was just a joke! I guess time will tell.

Besides, what is the point of putting action to false doctrine? Esp. when it doesn't work time after time!

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
Good links to follow up with!

Leppitt says that when her brother died, she and her husband prayed over his body for nearly an hour and believe that he moved at one point, and that if they gain access to more bodies, they can deliver better results."Practice makes perfect," she was quoted as saying.

I thought raising the dead was something that was done by the power of the Holy Spirit, not "practicing!!!" This is a form of works-righteousness. You can only practice a work, and only God has the power to raise the dead.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
It's no small surprise these guys are linked (perhaps somewhat loosely) with Bethel Church Redding, one of the hot beds of Word of Faith that sprung out of the so called "Toronto Blessing". The manifestations of the Toronto Blessing which was supposedly a "new outpouring" of the Holy Spirit when researched look more like demon possession associated with eastern religions and many of the doctrines taught by those ministries associated with this "outpouring" look more like eastern mysticism sold under the guise of Christianity.

1still_waters

The person who first posted this, expressed her hope it was just a joke! I guess time will tell.

Besides, what is the point of putting action to false doctrine? Esp. when it doesn't work time after time!
Because in the long run, despite obvious damage they'll cause, maybe, just maybe, the lack of results will lead them to realize they need to change their doctrine. Those who see the light can turn into the best crusaders against the darkness that held them captive.

D

Donkeyfish07

Here's a trailer from one of the groups mentioned in the links. Apparently there is a documentary out about it.

[video=youtube;FxPvsedaJQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxPvsedaJQc[/video]

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Bring out your dead!
[video=youtube;mv25TQibN8g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mv25TQibN8g[/video]

T

Tintin

It's no small surprise these guys are linked (perhaps somewhat loosely) with Bethel Church Redding, one of the hot beds of Word of Faith that sprung out of the so called "Toronto Blessing". The manifestations of the Toronto Blessing which was supposedly a "new outpouring" of the Holy Spirit when researched look more like demon possession associated with eastern religions and many of the doctrines taught by those ministries associated with this "outpouring" look more like eastern mysticism sold under the guise of Christianity.
Woah. Really?

mystdancer50

Feb 26, 2012
Good links to follow up with!

I thought raising the dead was something that was done by the power of the Holy Spirit, not "practicing!!!" This is a form of works-righteousness. You can only practice a work, and only God has the power to raise the dead. [/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR]
That is the key right there. We must remember the example given to us in Acts 8, where Simon witnessed the miracles of Holy Spirit through the disciples and sought to purchase those gifts for himself, so that he could do the same. He believed in Christ and what was preached at first, but his desire to be able to give Holy Spirit to others led to him being wicked and foolish. Peter tells him, "May your silver perish with you, because you thought you could obtain the gift of God with money! You have no part or portion in this matter, for your heart is not right before God. Therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray the Lord that, if possible, the intention of your heart may be forgiven you. For I see that you are in the gall of bitterness and in the bondage of iniquity." (Acts 8:20-23, NASB)

I feel it is the same today with these types of believers. They think they can make God jump through hoops for them. "Practice makes perfect" they say. But, as you said, it is solely the discretion of God and the power of Holy Spirit that brings any miracle to us and He would not allow someone to do miracles as a sideshow for fame, glory and wealth.

Could you imagine the circus if someone could resurrect the dead willy-nilly? Chaos!

Mar 1, 2012
''Did Aunt Bessy die? For $49.95 we will come and raise her from the dead....but wait, for a limited time only we will throw in an autographed Jesus nail free of charge!! ( A $124.99 value!! )

uh huh. the really sad thing is thousands and maybe millions believe this stuff